Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Do we know anything yet about the new classes besides their identities and roles?

Not really. Each one got a short, 30 second or so teaser that shows what a couple skills look like. We probably won't know anything substantial like their gimmicks or what rotations might look like until the larger combat preview in May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That combat preview is either going to be super long or super disappointing.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
If it's like the SB one then it's going to be super long and super cool.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I don't remember the full details of the SB one but I'd expect this one to last ~3.5 hours.

I do remember the SB one to be very thorough for samurai, red mages, and black mages. I can't remember how much indepth info we got for the others. We'll probably get a lot of info for the new jobs plus any largely reworked ones (MCH, DRK, maybe WHM. SMN and MNK) and some bits for the others.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Combat preview is end of May?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

We got enough info from the SB one that people were able to create a RDM simulator before 4.0 launched

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

Ashtarath posted:

so the shadowbringers collectors edition finally went on sale in Australia at Eb games 7 minutes ago and it is already out of stock. Took 4 minutes of refreshing the webpage after 11 am for it to show up for me and it was already sold out. :(

The PC version sold out in under five and the PS4 version was gone in less than two. It’s tremendously lovely for those that missed out and particularly for people that wanted it and don’t go to Reddit where it seemed like the news it was coming originated from (and less than 24 hours ago, at that). I’m really sorry buddy :(

It’s little consolation I know but if you were mainly after it for the statue there should be plenty of them around in the months following release.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Phone posted:

Combat preview probably during May Live Letter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if they're also going to discuss the crafter changes then. They've said they're making significant changes IIRC and with one of the big endgame things being rebuilding Ishgard it'd be nice to know beforehand what they've got planned.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if they're also going to discuss the crafter changes then. They've said they're making significant changes IIRC and with one of the big endgame things being rebuilding Ishgard it'd be nice to know beforehand what they've got planned.

At some point in the past couple of years Yoshi P mentioned he isn't happy with omnicrafter being essentially a requirement and they are looking to make people who want to just do one be able to get by so my guess is more homogenized role actions.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Phone posted:

That's been their general schedule two expansions now. I think Yoshida even said he expects it'll be a 3-4 hour live letter on the combat/job changes.

Letter from the Producer LIVE XXI
Heavensward Job Actions trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbvv0rgrT4k
Thursday, May 21, 2015

Letter from the Producer LIVE XXXVI
Stormblood Job Actions trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSdfPXFGuw0
Monday, May 22, 2017

Following the trend, I'd expect LIVE LI to be around the 4th week of May; 20th is a Monday, 26th is a Friday.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Additionally, this is also the time that we'll get to see everyone's AF4 in-engine.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Countblanc posted:

I don't remember the full details of the SB one but I'd expect this one to last ~3.5 hours.

I do remember the SB one to be very thorough for samurai, red mages, and black mages. I can't remember how much indepth info we got for the others. We'll probably get a lot of info for the new jobs plus any largely reworked ones (MCH, DRK, maybe WHM. SMN and MNK) and some bits for the others.

If I remember right, they showed off Inner Release for WAR and there were jokes about how Warriors basically just got more fell cleaves and it was good.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I am almost giddy to see how WAR will Fell Cleave 3: Return of the Fell Cleave.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm still leveling WAR, but something that adds beast gauge generation during aoe would be rad so I don't have to decide between overpower spam and building to a decimate or something.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Have they mentioned when we'll get the benchmark? It was late april for SB wasn't it?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is there a trick to Shades of Shatotto or is it just a gear check?

Edit: nvm, got it on the third run thanks to the Echo

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is there a trick to Shades of Shatotto or is it just a gear check?

I was in full augmented shire and still only got by with just the skin of my teeth. Prioritize her summoning circles and adds. An Astral 3 Fire 1 is enough to take out the thunder orbs to keep them off of you, but pack some smelling salts in case of paralysis (I never remember to bring curatives and I really should).

My issue with BLM at 60 is getting greedy with Fire 4 and letting Enochian drop. I'll need to get out of that bad habit right quick.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leofish posted:

I was in full augmented shire and still only got by with just the skin of my teeth. Prioritize her summoning circles and adds. An Astral 3 Fire 1 is enough to take out the thunder orbs to keep them off of you, but pack some smelling salts in case of paralysis (I never remember to bring curatives and I really should).

My issue with BLM at 60 is getting greedy with Fire 4 and letting Enochian drop. I'll need to get out of that bad habit right quick.
Yeah, my gear set is at 179. It's not my main class and I haven't been spending enough on equipment. I got her eventually.

Edit: still wearing the Brand-new Ring, lmao

Edit 2: also I accidentally bought 230 primal gear for two slots instead of Shire earlier today

I still refuse to run MSQ Roulette any more. I can't do it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Edit 2: also I accidentally bought 230 primal gear for two slots instead of Shire earlier today

You're not the first and won't be the last person doing that :v:

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Shadowbringer teaser site is up. You can get to it following this link.

Many interesting, if a bit short, information. (spoilers, just in case)

Dancer is Thavnarian, while Gunbreaker is Hrothgar's desplicine from Isabard. That kinda explain the magitech angle, and why it is different from Garlean's technique. Interesting enough, the Hrothgar of Northern Ilsabard is ruled by a Queen.

Look like Kholusia is First's Vylbrand. Will the Dwarves be where the Kobolds are in the Source?

Amh Araeng looks to be where Thanalan is?

Rak'tika is in the First, equivalent of Black Shroud?

I'm looking for more already.

FortMan fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 11, 2019

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

FortMan posted:

Dancer is Thavnarian, while Gunbreaker is Hrothgar's desplicine from Isabard. That kinda explain the magitech angle, and why it is different from Garlean's technique. Interesting enough, the Hrothgar of Northern Ilsabard is ruled by a Queen.

Only if it's all actually derived from Garlean tech, which it doesn't really sound like and more feels like "yeah these cool cats from up north have been passing down sicknasty gunkata techniques for generations" which :lol:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

orcane posted:

You're not the first and won't be the last person doing that :v:

I really wish we could sell incorrectly bought Tomestone items, even for a window of a couple of hours or something. I can't count the number of times I've bought the wrong gobweed for upgrading shire items. "This is illumanti gobweed all right," Seika says, "but I only smoke the dankest stuff when working on Shire gear, mate."

ROWENAAAAAAAA! :argh:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Leofish posted:

I really wish we could sell incorrectly bought Tomestone items, even for a window of a couple of hours or something. I can't count the number of times I've bought the wrong gobweed for upgrading shire items. "This is illumanti gobweed all right," Seika says, "but I only smoke the dankest stuff when working on Shire gear, mate."

ROWENAAAAAAAA! :argh:

WoW had this a decade ago, maybe FF14 can have it in another expansion or three.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Emalde posted:

Only if it's all actually derived from Garlean tech, which it doesn't really sound like and more feels like "yeah these cool cats from up north have been passing down sicknasty gunkata techniques for generations" which :lol:
If you aren't immediately into bara cats doing sweet parkour with shoot'nstabbies then why even play FFXIV?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Asimo posted:

If you aren't immediately into bara cats doing sweet parkour with shoot'nstabbies then why even play FFXIV?

They have a queen, I want to see how cool she is.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Asimo posted:

Potatoes doing sweet parkour with shoot’nstabbies

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stormgale posted:

i mean, just imagine Merlwyb but as a lioness.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

FortMan posted:

Look like Kholusia is First's Vylbrand. Will the Dwarves be where the Kobolds are in the Source?

Amh Araeng looks to be where Thanalan is?

Rak'tika is in the First, equivalent of Black Shroud?

I'm looking for more already.

They mention that the dwarves circulate around Mt. Gulg. Given that they're on Kholusia and Vylbrand's version of a volcano-y mountainous region would be O'ghoromo, I think that's a safe assumption.

Rak'tika Greatwood mentions Ronkan Ruins, which is a nice FFV nod. Maybe we'll see more of those fan enemies.

Stormgale posted:

Please look forward to it in 2021, when they finally listen to everyone's complaints and realize how dumb it was to release two half realized races instead of one fully realized race. Or maybe we'll get a Merlwyb or Yugiri situation where they have a specific model made well in advance just to tease the playerbase even more.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Also just lol at them trying to make Hrothgar relevant by linking them with Gunbreaker.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

The Grimace posted:

Please look forward to it in 2021, when they finally listen to everyone's complaints and realize how dumb it was to release two half realized races instead of one fully realized race. Or maybe we'll get a Merlwyb or Yugiri situation where they have a specific model made well in advance just to tease the playerbase even more.

They'll go the FFXI route and add a male Viera NPC just to annoy everyone who wanted to play as one.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

i mean, just imagine Merlwyb but as a lioness.

I'm down with this.

The Grimace posted:

Yeah.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Asimo posted:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Reveal Ishgardian housing.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Shadowbringers:

The descriptions for the new zones sound really cool, but I wish the plot for this expansion was integrated better. Feels like a sidequest.

IMO Shadowbringers should have been 6.0, coming after an expansion on defeating the Empire

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I accidentally bought 15 more pneumite than I needed because I guess I already had a soulstone in my saddle bag.

Guess that means I should just start yet another relic.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Additionally, this is also the time that we'll get to see everyone's AF4 in-engine.

This is the real highlight

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i spent last night learning how to mahjong and now i wish you could play it while queuing for other duties :(

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

i spent last night learning how to mahjong and now i wish you could play it while queuing for other duties :(

You can practice against the AI, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chippzz
Mar 22, 2008
Just play mahjong on your phone.