Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

BurgerQuest posted:

Any recommendations for games that rock with an Xbox360 controller? Preferably less than 2gig, and not Rayman or Ducktales.

Super House of Dead Ninjas, Luftrausers, Metal Slug 3, to name just a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I think you mean Goat Simulator :c00lbutt:

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Looks good, I'm not the biggest fan of the retro aesthetic, but I might try this and Shovel Knight.

Are there any 3D platformers worth a drat (ala Super Mario 64/Galaxy/etc) on Steam/PC?

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

BurgerQuest posted:

Looks good, I'm not the biggest fan of the retro aesthetic, but I might try this and Shovel Knight.

Are there any 3D platformers worth a drat (ala Super Mario 64/Galaxy/etc) on Steam/PC?

Psychonauts & Tiny and Big are fun games.

Tiny and Big is a short game though.

Kamrat fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Aug 30, 2014

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Blops2 is definitely the best choice for multiplayer cod right now. The playlists aren't all alive, but you can always get a game of softcore TDM or DOM going, and hardcore has a healthy community. If you want other game modes there is a new playlist called "NukeJacked" which is 24/7 nuketown and hijacked with all game modes (soft and hard core). The maps get samey but I still have great fun. I'm in Australia too so the situation is probably better for Americans.

Ghosts is trash and is also quite dead, so don't even bother.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

What's the deal with Steam WebHelper randomly having one instance get really memory hungry sometimes?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

What's the deal with Steam WebHelper randomly having one instance get really memory hungry sometimes?

It's the browser process. It uses webkit, just like Chrome and to improve stability and speed the processes were split. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BurritoJustice posted:

Ghosts is trash and is also quite dead, so don't even bother.

What made Ghosts' MP bad, incidentally? I played about an hour of it since it's a free weekend and other than the normal non-Treyarch-CoD issues (guns have no recoil because consoles), it seemed sort of blandly okay.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

What made Ghosts' MP bad, incidentally? I played about an hour of it since it's a free weekend and other than the normal non-Treyarch-CoD issues (guns have no recoil because consoles), it seemed sort of blandly okay.

It was offensively mediocre in just about all aspects. After the really good return to form that was Blops 2, it just wasn't worth the time.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Anyone up for some Orcs Must Die 2 co-op?

Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/duskmoor

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Bioshock 2 is hands down the best of the three. It's a better shooter with better NPCs and a better plot and better character motivations and better levels and a way better use of Rapture as a setting than Bioshock 1. Minerva's Den is great, too.

Well so far (just reached Pauper's Drop) I'm enjoying it just as much as the original, it's more of the same but with slightly improved mechanics. Whether it'll keep that up I don't know, but I don't have any complaints yet.

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012

lechunnel posted:

Looking for a game recommendation. I'm sick and couch-bound, need some sort of vaguely Gauntlet-style game that supports controller and hopefully involves blowing up lots of baddies, in return for loot/XP.

I say 'Gauntlet-style' because I'm also including things like Sacred Citadel, Castle Crashers, Borderlands (all of which I'm done with), and so on. Single-player only is fine, but a buddy of mine is keen on the actual Gauntlet game coming out soon, so anything multi would also be appreciated.

Hero Siege seems to tick all these boxes.I love this game and have only even heard of it on here, so thanks to whoever has mentioned it previously.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Bioshock 2 is amazing simply because it allows you to use plasmids and weapons at the same time. So you can pick up someone with telekinesis and spear them into someone else with the harpoon gun.

My major complaint is that you don't really feel like a proper big daddy. You should be much more hulking and have a larger presence. It's hard to explain, but it largely feels they only added a hud and very little else.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jerusalem posted:

Well so far (just reached Pauper's Drop) I'm enjoying it just as much as the original, it's more of the same but with slightly improved mechanics. Whether it'll keep that up I don't know, but I don't have any complaints yet.

He is really wrong on the plot and characters though. The main villian is kind of just there and not really important so you won't give a poo poo about her. Also the character you are trying to rescue also doesn't do much so you won't care much for her either. Its a step down from the first but the gameplay is much better and its just cool to see Rapture again so it doesn't really matter.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That's because they did. At least they didn't forget to change your hands and arms like in the first game (that bit was really poorly done). Bioshock 2 was largely unnecessary but it does have better gameplay than the first, that's for sure.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is the GMG 20-25% off coupon things only available at certain times? Because I don't see it in their site. I want that Dark souls 2 Season Pass.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fat Care-Bear posted:

Is the GMG 20-25% off coupon things only available at certain times? Because I don't see it in their site. I want that Dark souls 2 Season Pass.

Check the blog, usually one on there.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Bioshock 2 is a game that was criticized by everyone on release but after Bioshock Infinite and it's terrible DLCs that try to ruin the first game, everyone looked back on a bit more fondly and realized that while it was an unnecessary game, it was still a really good game and way better than what Ken Levine did with his "proper" Bioshock followup.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So I had to use Uplay in order to try out The Crew, so I thought I'd check out what they got goin' on over there. Free to play games, you say? Seems they made a F2P browser version of both Anno and Settlers. What the gently caress is going on? Is this the fate of city builders now? The sad thing is I bet their profits are really good.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I know there's a proper Settlers still in development. And IIRC the online ANNO wasn't made by the main BlueByte team.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

I know there's a proper Settlers still in development. And IIRC the online ANNO wasn't made by the main BlueByte team.

Mokinokaro posted:

a proper Settlers still in development

Mokinokaro posted:

a proper Settlers

Ahahahahahaha.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"
I'm currently getting my rear end handed to me Alpha Protocol, by Omen Deng and his annoying guards, to be precise.

I've gone the spy route and have specialized in pistol, stealth and CQC, but:
-my pistol ain't doing any decent damage on him
-the guy detects me through walls while I'm standing still
-he blocks almost all of my punches and kicks
-guards popping up once in a while are annoying as hell, but manageable

I did get to use my "shadow ops" skill to sneak upon him and deliver a shotgun blast in his head, which only took a little bit of energy from him as well.

Is he superman in disguise or something? This boss fight is close to rivaling some of my worse Dark Souls moments, didn't expect that from this game at all. Any tactics on how to take him down would be welcome (Stephen, you crazy psychopath, were are you when I need you the most).

Orv
May 4, 2011
Are you Chain Shotting him a bunch? If you aren't, you should be.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I am currently jonesing for a space 4X, and after hitting up the Humble Bundle site for Endless Space Gold I managed to find out that Steve Jackson's Appointment With F.E.A.R. somehow got made into a video game and put on Steam. For $4.79 I just have to try this.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Just Chainshot him and watch him get destroyed in a few seconds.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Downs Duck posted:

I'm currently getting my rear end handed to me Alpha Protocol, by Omen Deng and his annoying guards, to be precise.

I've gone the spy route and have specialized in pistol, stealth and CQC, but:
-my pistol ain't doing any decent damage on him
-the guy detects me through walls while I'm standing still
-he blocks almost all of my punches and kicks
-guards popping up once in a while are annoying as hell, but manageable

I did get to use my "shadow ops" skill to sneak upon him and deliver a shotgun blast in his head, which only took a little bit of energy from him as well.

Is he superman in disguise or something? This boss fight is close to rivaling some of my worse Dark Souls moments, didn't expect that from this game at all. Any tactics on how to take him down would be welcome (Stephen, you crazy psychopath, were are you when I need you the most).

Remember, you can shoot halfway through a combo, and you can melee immediately after shooting. Spray while charging him, start punching when you reach, and if he starts blocking, shoot him once or twice to get him to stop blocking then start punching again. Rinse and repeat.

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

Orv posted:

Are you Chain Shotting him a bunch? If you aren't, you should be.

Accordion Man posted:

Just Chainshot him and watch him get destroyed in a few seconds.

Damegane posted:

Remember, you can shoot halfway through a combo, and you can melee immediately after shooting. Spray while charging him, start punching when you reach, and if he starts blocking, shoot him once or twice to get him to stop blocking then start punching again. Rinse and repeat.

Chain Shotting it is, thanks guys.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 30, 2014

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Downs Duck posted:

I only have the basic Chain Shotting, I'll try using that more.
That's your problem right there. All problems can be solved by Chainshot.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=nV7nd8RUzZz3NerE Orcs Must Die 2
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=EWrKKM7XrbHEEpCe Pixel Junk Eden
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=UdRvn2VZNdssRf5v Galatic Civ 2: Ultimate Edition or whatever

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

BurgerQuest posted:

Any recommendations for games that rock with an Xbox360 controller? Preferably less than 2gig, and not Rayman or Ducktales.

Mark of the Ninja is slightly over your size request limit at 2.58GB but recommended if it interests you.

edit: the Strider reboot is a pretty good platformer/metroidvania but takes up 3.39GB

edit: more controller games that I found fun: Monaco, Full Mojo Rampage (roguelike), Broforce(definitely co-op this one), Battleblock Theater

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 30, 2014

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Thanks

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Snagged this, thanks! :cheers:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I unironically love the Riff Raff avatar. I want one.

Edit: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=nCHyHKqM6mkPGmYy Deadlight

Nokiaman
Mar 2, 2013

Thanks! This is first time I grabbed one of these :v:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Orv posted:

Check the blog, usually one on there.

Weirdly GMG just mailed me a "special loyalty bonus" in the form of a 23% discount voucher. I mean, thanks, but it's only a 3% bonus over the near-constant 20% off voucher and it's not as good as the fairly common 25% off vouchers. It's also only valid until the 5th. :confused:

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so
First come, first serve; Steam key for The Ship:

9AILL-4D5JQ-T7VIE

http://steamcommunity.com/id/deadlyrhetoric

Dogfood
Feb 15, 2004

Part of every balanced meal.

deadlyrhetoric posted:

First come, first serve; Steam key for The Ship:

9AILL-4D5JQ-T7VIE

http://steamcommunity.com/id/deadlyrhetoric

Always wanted to try this, thank you.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Dogfood posted:

Always wanted to try this, thank you.

My pleasure. It's a blast. When I saw that it was USD $2 on http://www.bundlestars.com/store/the-ship-complete-pack/, I had to pay it forward. If you like it, add me on Steam. I'm always up for a few rounds.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
If only other people actually played the Ship. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

If only other people actually played the Ship. :smith:

I am up for The Ship whenever someone wants to play it. It remains my favorite underrated game of modern times.

• Locked thread