Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SMTxFE only nominally resembles either series. I don't think they're even pushing it as a crossover in Japan anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

superstepa posted:

I know literally nothing about Fire Emblem but doesn't it take place in a medieval-ish setting?
Why the hell is SMTxFE so modern then?
Because SMT games are always set in post-apocalypse. Even though that picture of SMT4 would suggest it takes place in medieval times, the game actually takes place in post-apocalyptic Tokyo like the other SMT games.

The exceptions are the non-mainline SMT games. Like Persona 3 and 4 are pre-apocalypse but still present day, Devil Summoner takes place in the 1930s I think? But the end of that game takes you through time and space and you run into all sorts of present day/future people with present day/future lingo. Devil Survivor I'm pretty sure is present day. Soul Hackers I think is present day, I never played it. Never played Strange Journey but I don't think that's historical either.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 2, 2015

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Because SMT games are always set in post-apocalypse. Even though that picture of SMT4 would suggest it takes place in medieval times, the game actually takes place in post-apocalyptic Tokyo like the other SMT games.

The exceptions are the non-mainline SMT games. Like Persona 3 and 4 are pre-apocalypse but still present day, Devil Summoner takes place in the 1930s I think? But the end of that game takes you through time and space and you run into all sorts of present day/future people with present day/future lingo. Devil Survivor I'm pretty sure is present day. Soul Hackers I think is present day, I never played it. Never played Strange Journey but I don't think that's historical either.

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!

suztan posted:

It's basically ANB but slighty different. The tutorial is a slog and will make you want to throw your 3DS against a wall, but after it lets up, it gets considerably more enjoyable.

Okay cool, thanks for the input and everyone before you too!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I took Mario Golf World Tour as my 2015 elite gift, and as someone who doesn't really give a poo poo about golf, it's pretty cool. An 18-hole course with easy swings is a nice half hour of relaxation before bed, but the manual swings make it more fun. I don't know why, but I've played it for about five hours straight now... and I'm worried that I'm about to beat the game? I guess you never really beat a golf game, though. Also thanks Lakitu for turning my 250 play coins into 25,000 golf coins, pretty sure I can buy the entire clubhouse now.

If you don't have a Wii U and already own Animal Crossing and Mario Kart 7, this is probably the best choice. Sucks there's no Download Play option, though. Do any games other than Mario Kart 7 support Download Play?

enojy fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Apr 2, 2015

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
FINALLY finished OOT 3D, so I'm finishing a few old DS games before I pick up something new.

huehuehuehuehue

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

anime + anime = double anime

This checks out.
The maths on this is all wrong. SMT x FE is a crossover, therefore it would read something more like...

anime x anime = super anime

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
two more hours until i can play boxboy

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

New footage from the Rhythm Heaven 3DS on the japanese direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLlvaX_rRTc&t=36m

Hell yeah, hope that comes to the US.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Started a new Mario Golf tournament for all of you picked it as a Club Nintendo reward: 30-0347-0721-6534

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I think I'm gonna buy a New 3DS because I'm an idiot.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

Me too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you're both looking for someone to talk you down off the ledge, all you're going to find is a hard slap on the back.

Go buy yourselves new3DSXL's, because they're an amazing upgrade over the original 3DS.

Evangelion
May 11, 2003
Does Mario Golf get better? It gets such high praise everywhere. I downloaded the demo, but I can't get into it. I like playing these Mario type games sitting around with friends and solo on the 3DS seems weird. I feel the same about Mario Kart 7, I stopped playing the DS version after a few days.

Maybe I should just get NSMB2 or Pushmo for the reward. I have no idea.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

:siren: Azure Striker Gunvolt available for purchase in EU eShop now, comes with Mighty Gunvolt code :siren:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you're both looking for someone to talk you down off the ledge, all you're going to find is a hard slap on the back.

Go buy yourselves new3DSXL's, because they're an amazing upgrade over the original 3DS.

I have an XL and also no interest in Xenoblade lol

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Kurtofan posted:

New footage from the Rhythm Heaven 3DS on the japanese direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLlvaX_rRTc&t=36m

Yesss I am down with this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

KennyMan666 posted:

:siren: Azure Striker Gunvolt available for purchase in EU eShop now, comes with Mighty Gunvolt code :siren:

It's actually been quietly available since yesterday :v:.

elf help book posted:

I have an XL and also no interest in Xenoblade lol

The speakers are much better than the tinny ones on the XL, and the super-stable 3D looks amazing. Go check out a demo console in a store at least to see for yourself.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Evangelion posted:

Does Mario Golf get better? It gets such high praise everywhere. I downloaded the demo, but I can't get into it.

If its not clicking with you, its not gonna radically change itself over the course of the game. Unless your issue is "the courses aren't challenging enough" in which case, that will change, especially if you get the DLC.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's actually been quietly available since yesterday :v:.
I checked the eShop a bunch of hours ago and it was there but just as "Coming to Nintendo eShop".

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Evangelion posted:

Does Mario Golf get better? It gets such high praise everywhere. I downloaded the demo, but I can't get into it. I like playing these Mario type games sitting around with friends and solo on the 3DS seems weird. I feel the same about Mario Kart 7, I stopped playing the DS version after a few days.

Maybe I should just get NSMB2 or Pushmo for the reward. I have no idea.

Try playing it in manual mode since the game defaults to a boring simple mode. There's online tournaments too.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

elf help book posted:

the new fire emblem is for the regular 3DS, so i can still hold out as far as i know

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

forbidden lesbian posted:

the new fire emblem is for the regular 3DS, so i can still hold out as far as i know

I've been playing some games and keep thinking... what if it was tracking my eyes to improve this 3D.....

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

elf help book posted:

I've been playing some games and keep thinking... what if it was tracking my eyes to improve this 3D.....

That's why I bought it, sold my XL for $100 so I paid the difference for headtracking. Totally worth it because I'm also an idiot.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

elf help book posted:

:frogbon: i don't play with the 3D on

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Went ahead and got one for the 3D tracking, but also because I'm fed up of hitting the volume switch by accident.

Now I get to save it for my birthday. :v:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Update: Azure Striker Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt are Good Games™

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
They're ok

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Binding of Issac: Rebirth is coming to New 3DS.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Nettle Soup posted:

Went ahead and got one for the 3D tracking, but also because I'm fed up of hitting the volume switch by accident.

Now I get to save it for my birthday. :v:

then you can get fed up with hitting the power button.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Anora posted:

then you can get fed up with hitting the power button.

Only if you hold it wrong.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

forbidden lesbian posted:

:frogbon: i don't play with the 3D on

Last year I got LASIK surgery and frankly I think I would be wasting it if I didn't start having a video game machine track my eyes to make Phoenix Wright's finger poke out slightly more.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I just traded my old 3DS for a new one making sure to unlink my Nintendo account and format the data etc. and now I'm trying to log in on my new 3DS and it's saying my account is already linked and that I can't use it anymore? Have I just forfeited all of my purchases because I didn't system transfer? The old 3DS is already gone. Fucks sake nintendo :psyduck:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

StabMasterArson posted:

I just traded my old 3DS for a new one making sure to unlink my Nintendo account and format the data etc. and now I'm trying to log in on my new 3DS and it's saying my account is already linked and that I can't use it anymore? Have I just forfeited all of my purchases because I didn't system transfer? The old 3DS is already gone. Fucks sake nintendo :psyduck:

Call Nintendo.

You should have done a system transfer.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

StabMasterArson posted:

Yes, that is precisely what you're not supposed to do.

Call Nintendo. They should be able to get you your games back, but your saves are long gone.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fryhtaning posted:

As someone who works with databases all day, there's nothing worse than being given a Null status :colbert:

Also, does anyone have a Delorean with a flux capacitor?

e: gently caress, this is going to be a tough decision. MK7, NSMB2, Ultimate NES Remix, or MP Island Tour are probably what it comes down to for me. Is Ultimate NES Remix the best of all the Remix games? I don't have a WiiU and likely never will.

From what I understand it's the worst, since it only has a subset of the games on the Wii U versions. Which personally I didn't think are that great, they're like a less fun Warioware. MP Island Tour is reportedly pretty lousy as well so out of those I'd pick MK7.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

Yes, that is precisely what you're not supposed to do.

Call Nintendo. They should be able to get you your games back, but your saves are long gone.

Yeah silly me for not knowing I'd need 2 systems and wasn't able to just log in to my account like every other video game network

Thanks, though

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

If only it were possible to put italics in a thread title for emphasis.

EDIT: I guess you went to the thread after you did the bad thing but still, yes you hosed up.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Well looks like my SD card is loving up, I keep getting error 007-2999. I can't download, delete data, back up data or anything that has to do with the SD Card. If deleting everything off the SD card on the PC and copying everything back on the SD card doesn't work then I'm going to be force to format my card and redownload everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
everyone please buy box boy