Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

all-Rush mixtape posted:

They're not? Are they going to keep playing with Mount Davis in the outfield?

The new managing owner has taken a pretty strong stand about keeping the A's in Oakland. Their marketing hashtag right now is #rootedinOakland. My best guess is that they're looking at the site nearest jack London square. They held fan fest this year there.

My hope though is that they just demolish the coliseum and erect a new baseball only field at the same location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ron Jeremy posted:

The new managing owner has taken a pretty strong stand about keeping the A's in Oakland. Their marketing hashtag right now is #rootedinOakland. My best guess is that they're looking at the site nearest jack London square. They held fan fest this year there.

My hope though is that they just demolish the coliseum and erect a new baseball only field at the same location.

What he said

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Having been to both a Raiders game and A's game at O.co, the As fans seemed much happier

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Having been to both a Raiders game and A's game at O.co, the As fans seemed much happier
that's because baseball is cool and good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

bawfuls posted:

that's because baseball is cool and good

The A's weren't

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

a neat cape posted:

The A's weren't

Thats the nice thing about baseball. Even the very worst team is going to win 1/3 of their games. Also, baseball is good.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

Thats the nice thing about baseball. Even the very worst team is going to win 1/3 of their games. Also, baseball is good.

as a fan of a garbage baseball team, let me tell you that baseball loving sucks when your team is bad

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I lived through the Geren era

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My baseball team has never won the Series, and plays in the same division with the Yankees and Red Sox. :negative:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

My baseball team has never won the Series, and plays in the same division with the Yankees and Red Sox. :negative:

Mine is wasting the best player in baseball

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Clayton Kershaw is a dodger tho

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

This post seems out of character for you.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kershaw could be the best pitcher of all time. I recognize that (because the Giants are contractually obligated to face him once every time they play the Dodgers)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

(because the Giants are contractually obligated to face him once every time they play the Dodgers)

Which is why I would have expected a Madison Bumgarner playoff comparison or something instead.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Correct.

Mike Trout is the best player in baseball.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Will Meyers looks promising. http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/m/myerswi01.shtml

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Man I hate the loving Padres

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Correct.

That's a funny way of spelling Bartolo Colon

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Correct.

Trout can be Micky Mantle 2.0.

Kershaw can be Clayton Kershaw 1.0

It's fine to have #2 on your team (except when he's surrounded with trash)

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

a neat cape posted:

let me tell you that baseball loving sucks

That's more like it.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Stunt Rock posted:

That's more like it.

Look at you being wrong about everything ever. It's adorable!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a neat cape posted:

as a fan of a garbage baseball team, let me tell you that baseball loving sucks when your team is bad

It's still fun to go to cheap games, sit where you want, and day drink.

My credentials: I'm a Mariners fan.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

fuckin lol, Raiders getting almost a billy to move to Vegas

https://twitter.com/ByRosenberg/status/846066803356811264

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Spoeank posted:

Plus only paying half the relocation fee. I've been saying it once the $750m got approved, Raiders were going, NFL wasn't going to pass that much public money up.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Spoeank posted:

As someone who lives in Vegas, :suicide:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Zamujasa posted:

As someone who lives in Vegas, :suicide:

As somneone who lived in Vegas for 11 years and is probably moving back in the next year- *shrug* you're/we're not paying for it, rich tourists are

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

As somneone who lived in Vegas for 11 years and is probably moving back in the next year- *shrug* you're/we're not paying for it, rich tourists are

The only people I know who go to Vegas are the kind who wear clothing that has "Classy" written in cursive across the booty. :shrug:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

I wish people in San Diego had realized this

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

a neat cape posted:

I wish people in San Diego had realized this

If that vote had happened ten years ago, they might have. The whole thing was such a mess that it got to the point of people who previously didn't have an opinion at all about the Chargers started to hate them.

However, gently caress the Spanos family.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Orchestrated Mess posted:

If that vote had happened ten years ago, they might have. The whole thing was such a mess that it got to the point of people who previously didn't have an opinion at all about the Chargers started to hate them.

However, gently caress the Spanos family.
Agreed in full

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Seeing how well Bowl Cut has worked the Vegas angle makes me glad the Spanos family is in their lovely tiny stadium in a market that is borderline hostile towards them.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

warcrimes posted:

That's uh, that's not exactly how that works.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If there was any doubt left:

"I think we will have a vote, and I think we will have a positive vote. I think we are in pretty good shape," Goodell said.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...move-las-vegas

More quotes from owners today:

Robert Kraft on possibility of Raiders to Vegas: "I think it's great."
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Monday is "going to be an exciting day for Vegas."
#Chargers owner Dean Spanos said #Raiders in Las Vegas would be a "great thing" and that he will vote for it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The only question I could even have imagined throwing a wrench into the Raiders in Vegas with the deal on the table is the utter bullshit idea that the NFL doesn't like gambling.

So yeah, there was basically no doubt it was happening.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Chris James 2 posted:

More quotes from owners today:

Robert Kraft on possibility of Raiders to Vegas: "I think it's great."
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Monday is "going to be an exciting day for Vegas."
#Chargers owner Dean Spanos said #Raiders in Las Vegas would be a "great thing" and that he will vote for it

I've changed my mind gently caress Vegas

Orchestrated Mess
Dec 12, 2009

Fuck art. Let's dance.

Chris James 2 posted:

He's such a piece of loving garbage and I genuinely hope he has a terminal illness.

Edit: And his son, too.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That's uh, that's not exactly how that works.

They could build the stadium with literal slave labor financed by regressive taxes and robbing money from education and he'd still find a way to valorize it as the apotheosis of Mark Davis.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

warcrimes posted:

you should definitely eat into the finite tax capacity of the municipality with stupid poo poo like building a football stadium

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He seriously still doesn't understand the issue with public funding lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

warcrimes posted:

Lmao what a retarded thing to say

• Locked thread