Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Has anyone found a cooking fire on the Great Plateau yet? I've got all these ingredients and no way to cook them. :argh:

EDIT: Whoops. As soon as I posted that, I found one.

spasticColon posted:

Woke up sooner than planned and found out that BOTW is available to us in the Eastern Time Zone so downloading it now but boy is it slow. Does the WiiU have lovely WiFi or are Nintendo's download servers getting hammered?

edit: and is the WiiU version getting a Day 1 patch as well?

Hammered, and yes there's a day 1 Wii U patch.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
Sigh... Just got message from Amazon UK, not getting Wii U version until next week earliest. Or at least I'm not.

Why do I get the feeling these days that even if I preorder first, Amazon prime members get the game shipped before me?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ya amazon says the 6th for me lol, pre-ordered long ago

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Has amazon hosed up like this in the past or is this a special occasion? Id be enraged right now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

sigmachiev posted:

Has amazon hosed up like this in the past or is this a special occasion? Id be enraged right now.

Special occasion for sure tbh. They're usually on point

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Wasn't there a weird sort of rivalry/dislike between Amazon and Nintendo for a long while? I seem to remember Kotaku doing a series of articles on it a few years back.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
My BoTW copy has been delayed for the 6th and I'm still paying full price?!

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

sigmachiev posted:

They hosed up the GearVR launch really bad. I preordered way in advance and ended up cancelling and ordering from Best Buy and got it before it would've come from Amazon

Posted from Best Buy where I'm picking up my pre order

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
From downloading the game/patch at around 1.5/2mb per sec it looks like it'll complete the downloads/installations for me at just over 3 hrs 30 minutes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mourning Due posted:

Sigh... Just got message from Amazon UK, not getting Wii U version until next week earliest. Or at least I'm not.

Why do I get the feeling these days that even if I preorder first, Amazon prime members get the game shipped before me?

I have Prime, ordered months ago and I'm not getting it til Monday at the earliest.

All yesterday it said it would've delivered today, got an email at 2am this morning saying hah sorry no

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 3, 2017

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'm hyped to play this sometime soon! My Amazon Wii-U copy ends its journey sometime today apparently.

The impressions in this topic have furthered my hype, more so than the reviews!

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

spasticColon posted:

I got my refurbished Wii U today and after much cussing and swearing I got it set up but why isn't the game available for pre-load? I guess I have to either stay up until 3AM to buy it and start downloading or go to bed early and set my alarm for 3AM so I can download it and play it. I'm really tempted to buy WWHD from the eshop to tide me over until BOTW launches.

Don't forget to play Mario 3D World, bit of a gem! For me the best Mario game in about 20 years (since 64)

edit: woops double post

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:
I might be jumping the gun a little early, but with about 2-3 hours of playing this is a strong contender for best zelda game so far. The game just gives you so many options so early on, and with so much to beautiful terrain to explore I'm having a blast. If I didn't work tomorrow I probably wouldn't have stopped playing it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Holy gently caress this game is good.

Just beat a blue bobokin by setting the room ablaze by sneaking through a window then using the resulting fire to light my club, and beating the poo poo outta him. I got his 12 DMg weapon as a souvenir and that wasn't even the treasure reward!! What!!

This is outrageous.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

all you nerds need to go to hyrule castle asap so I can see what you think of it and how well you conquer its terrifying challenges

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I now have it downloaded but now it's going to take 20 loving minutes to install the loving game. :psyduck:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I went after a herd of wild horses to tame one, and the only one I managed to not get kicked in the face by was a pretty pink-and-cream splotched horse with a blonde mane. It only seemed right to name it Buttercup.

Together with my pretty pink pony we will kill everything we see! :black101:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Early Hateno Village spoiler:

The Pokemon Snap-esque collectathon is a masterstroke. I know they did this before with WW but the being in the wild factor makes it so much cooler. I was just sneaking around a pond trying to get close-ups of frogs.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Back with a Switch and the game, at long last. Is this one getting patched tomorrow, or how do I update? Noticed it booted as 1.0.0

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

all you nerds need to go to hyrule castle asap so I can see what you think of it and how well you conquer its terrifying challenges

Tried to go there, kept getting killed by machine spiders, never returned.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sigmachiev posted:

Back with a Switch and the game, at long last. Is this one getting patched tomorrow, or how do I update? Noticed it booted as 1.0.0

It should ask you to update it when you launch the game. If you have it hooked up to the net anyway.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

snoremac posted:

Tried to go there, kept getting killed by machine spiders, never returned.
the breath of the wild manifests itself as a faint voice on the breeze. "git gud" it whispers

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Goddamn it I just want to play Skyrim Souls: The Anime already! :f5:

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the breath of the wild manifests itself as a faint voice on the breeze. "git gud" it whispers

I'm taking it easy on Hateno Beach playing Pokemon Snap.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

For the wii-u is there any reason to get the expansion now/early?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm so bad at hunting.

Seriously, I get one arrow off and then the boar runs off and I can't catch it and then I can't find another for ages.

Is there a trick, or do I need to just get gud?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

hopeandjoy posted:

I'm so bad at hunting.

Seriously, I get one arrow off and then the boar runs off and I can't catch it and then I can't find another for ages.

Is there a trick, or do I need to just get gud?

Get good and shoot them in the face.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

For the wii-u is there any reason to get the expansion now/early?

You get a ruby (worth a fair amount of rupees) and a sweet Switch t-shirt for Link.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Get good and shoot them in the face.

Breath of the Wild: Get good and shoot them in the face.

edit: still waiting for the game to install.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Does anyone know all the abilities and how to do them (shield surf, etc.)? I'm missing two on the list

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just chopped down a bunch of trees to make a bridge so I could reach a raft to cross a freeing river.

In other games you'd have a little cutscene, get a key item, and it would all come together nice and neatly.

This game you just have to think of it on your own, and it just happens organically.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I started playing soon as I finished eating dinner and now it's 4am... oh no...

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

"Link, you must hurry!"

I'm just sitting here like goddamn I know gimmie the paraglider I GOT THIS.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr Pepper posted:

I just chopped down a bunch of trees to make a bridge so I could reach a raft to cross a freeing river.

In other games you'd have a little cutscene, get a key item, and it would all come together nice and neatly.

This game you just have to think of it on your own, and it just happens organically.

I had a wonderful moment trying to figure out how to use an unlit cooking pot before realizing I had a boko club and there was a roasting spit nearby already ablaze. I felt too drat happy figuring out how to start a cooking fire and cook food :allears:.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I started playing soon as I finished eating dinner and now it's 4am... oh no...

"Link, you must hurry!"

I'm just sitting here like goddamn I know gimmie the paraglider I GOT THIS.

I love that the writers have embraced rear end in a top hat Link as a dialogue option, with stuff like "THAT WASN'T THE DEAL!" or just "Paraglider. Give!"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I love that the writers have embraced rear end in a top hat Link as a dialogue option, with stuff like "THAT WASN'T THE DEAL!" or just "Paraglider. Give!"
some journal entries in Hyrule Castle actually finally explain why Link doesn't speak

it's because he's an rear end in a top hat fed up with everyone heaping their problems on him and he just wants to eat things and fight

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The case that came with the Special Edition of Zelda is really, really nice. I'm very happy with my decision to get the Special Edition.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Alright 5 hours after picking it up at midnight and the plateau is done. Time to

Keep playing

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
My frame rate is horrible

Also stone talos is kicking my rear end

Despera fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Mar 3, 2017

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Stone Talus down!!!!

Feeling like 90% of people on the plateu are going to miss him

Despera fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Mar 3, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I need to go back and explore the Plateau properly, I just kind of wandered between shrines and did stuff on the way. I feel like I definitely missed something - there's a part at the bottom of the bottom-right cliff where the Old Man shows you how to cut down trees and you can use one as a bridge to cross over to a few baddies, and a bombable wall around the side hiding some arrows, and... that's it. Was there anything else there? I tried clmbing up the cliff to the shrine but that was not working out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Mourning Due posted:

If it helps, I have the Wii u version ordered from them with Prime and mine was delayed too. On the bright side, that copy was just for my collection and my switch is due to arrive in the next 20 minutes, and the game itself has been sat here for an hour...