Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I have gotten zero set rings when upgrading a ton of yellows in the cube, it's possible right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yes.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

beejay posted:

I have gotten zero set rings when upgrading a ton of yellows in the cube, it's possible right?

What class? There's at least 5 green rings for each class

-Compass Rose
-Focus
-Restraint
-Litany of the Undaunted
-Wailing Host

Plus Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter have a 6th Green Ring for Natalya & Zunimassa

But each class has like 25 possible Rings so it could take a while. By "a ton" do you mean like... 5 to 7? Or like 20?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I didn't see a second Unity until I was Paragon 559. RNG is a fickle mistress.

At some point I decided to start saving every legendary i got from upgrading rares and spending shards that wasn't a Unity. This isn't even close to all of them, since I only started saving them part of the way in.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Crusader, I need a compass rose for my thorns build and a restraint for my condemn build. I'd guess I have gambled for about 150 rings and upgraded maybe 15-20 yeah. Haven't gotten a green from either method. Ah well gives me something to hope for.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

beejay posted:

Crusader, I need a compass rose for my thorns build and a restraint for my condemn build. I'd guess I have gambled for about 150 rings and upgraded maybe 15-20 yeah. Haven't gotten a green from either method. Ah well gives me something to hope for.

You literally gambled 150 times at Kadala (yielding approx. 15x rings) and upgraded 15 yellows, and didn't get a single one of the 5 rings in the 23 ring pool?

0.064% chance of that happening. Enjoy getting 69 Primal Ancients today as your luck reverts to the mean.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

T1g4h posted:

I didn't see a second Unity until I was Paragon 559. RNG is a fickle mistress.

At some point I decided to start saving every legendary i got from upgrading rares and spending shards that wasn't a Unity. This isn't even close to all of them, since I only started saving them part of the way in.

Honestly, this is where playing in groups really shines. If I'm desperate enough, sure give me your vendor trash and I'll just reforge it until it becomes useful and that will be a lot faster than waiting for RNJESUS to bless me.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Sweet. Yeah that's why I was wondering if they don't let set items drop from those but that would be silly. I have gotten a bunch of Unities and COEs which were rare for me in previous seasons. Got a primal Arcstone. Several ancient Wyrdwards. It's all good.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dameius posted:

Honestly, this is where playing in groups really shines.

That and 4-man T13 nephs seem to drop a legendary literally every 10 seconds

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

But your next goal should be to put together a support monk. My support Barbarian is ready, and smallpox is a witch doctor and Uber is a crusader. That four man should be able to push greater Rifts well into 100

Until I open another cursed chest and instantly explode.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

There was a fine action/comedy movie that came out right before you were born, and your Chest Explosion reminded me of this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N17FLwLU5pk

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is there a place where I can find all this math? Now that I'm not getting an upgrade every couple days, I'd be interested to see how long I can expect to see ancients of my preferred set from Kadala. Probably too long and I'll probably just roll a 3rd alt after I beat gr70 with lazynecro.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is there a place where I can find all this math? Now that I'm not getting an upgrade every couple days, I'd be interested to see how long I can expect to see ancients of my preferred set from Kadala. Probably too long and I'll probably just roll a 3rd alt after I beat gr70 with lazynecro.

https://www.d3planner.com/game/49508/kadala

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

big cummers ONLY posted:

Ancients are a 10% chance on any Legendary drop.

Best thing to do is get an Ancient weapon for your build (either from upgrading yellows or Reforge Legendary on a spare).

Other Ancients just sort of happen. By the time you actually need Ancients to progress, you should be speed running GR75's which drop like 10+ legendaries per completion.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I'm just happy to have hit the point with Lazystorm that allows me to farm GR70s with no real issue. At some point I need to try and do a Pestilence build since I love Corpse Lance but Lazystorm is just so chill and fun :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

that scene in every adventure movie where that one dip poo poo touches the treasure in a tomb despite being told not to

thats u

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Dameius posted:

Honestly, this is where playing in groups really shines. If I'm desperate enough, sure give me your vendor trash and I'll just reforge it until it becomes useful and that will be a lot faster than waiting for RNJESUS to bless me.
Yeah, you may as well ask. Souls are generally not anyone's bottleneck, so you're not asking much of them by asking them to drop any garbage CoE they see: if they get really pissy tell them they can have one of your garbage legendaries in return.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Incoherence posted:

Yeah, you may as well ask. Souls are generally not anyone's bottleneck, so you're not asking much of them by asking them to drop any garbage CoE they see: if they get really pissy tell them they can have one of your garbage legendaries in return.

Last season a goon I was speed running with got a primal istvan on his monk that he was going to shard because he had no interest in zDPS and I did, so he agreed to drop it for me in exchange for the equivalent combination of regular and ancient drops from our next few runs. A+, would do again.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Finally broke 90GR, but gently caress this poo poo man. RNG suckkkkks.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I hear you. I tried 95 with Natalya/Marauder Hybrid like 10 times, sometimes missing by just a minute or so... then I tried again and beat it by like 5 minutes just because I got a good rift with decent pylons and mob grouping.

Admittedly my gear/paragons had improved a little from when I first tried it, but not by anywhere near enough to make that much difference.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Mar 15, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If you don't get a favorable 1st floor with good mob comp, density, elites and/or pylons, just do yourself a favor and exit out. Upper solo GRs are as much about blind luck as they are about maximizing the strengths of your spec.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Yeah probably. I just end up thinking "Welp, it'd take me 12 mins to finish it if I get lucky, the only difference if I take 16 is a bit more time and no gem upgrades" so I get like 5 mins in and figure I may as well finish it to get the legendaries, shards etc.

I know, sunk cost fallacy and all that.

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
probably gonna start today and I nearly always play a shadow dh since it was buffed a while back but don't wanna do that this time so I'm wondering what I should start with instead... what's cool/fun as a starter but has similar speed farm potential and potency just from the starter set?

preferably something that can destroy crowds since my last several experiences with the game have been blitzing to elites and one-shotting them. I'm ready to watch demons explode all over the place again.

I'm thinking necro maybe? I haven't played it except for when it came out.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

90s Shoes posted:

probably gonna start today and I nearly always play a shadow dh since it was buffed a while back but don't wanna do that this time so I'm wondering what I should start with instead... what's cool/fun as a starter but has similar speed farm potential and potency just from the starter set?

preferably something that can destroy crowds since my last several experiences with the game have been blitzing to elites and one-shotting them. I'm ready to watch demons explode all over the place again.

I'm thinking necro maybe? I haven't played it except for when it came out.

MONK

The free set, Sunwuko, lets you drop explosive massive damage AoE gongs all over the map with a snap of your fingers.

And with the way Seasons work now, you can use the blood shards from the Challenge Rift to get Rivera Dancers at Level 1 and instantly be able to kick demons in the fuckin' FACE for 300% damage at 50% increased attack speed.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Monk definitely had the fastest farm build that’s also the climbing build, and is the starter set on top.

I play a lot of classes in a season but you can never go wrong starting with Monk or DH due to the strength of their farming/bounty running builds.

Unless you love playing it I’d advise strongly against a Crusader and Barb as your starting build, you don’t even start with the right sets for farming/rifting fast.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
A case could be made for Barbarian, since it's Leapquake for the set and you can get a guaranteed pair of Lut Socks at level 1.

But man, Crusader is a rough one this season. Most sets let you gradually climb from T9, TX, T11, etc as you get one more supporting legendary

Invoker is TX until you've got the entire build + gems, then it's GR75+ right off the bat

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bell monk ftw, ft epic win

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
Okay I'm gonna do monk but gently caress this challenge tbh

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
First primal is a justice lantern?? Dropped on a bell monk so it was +dex. Also bell monk is alot of fun

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Mine was a Echoing Fury. Anyone offering $15k?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

First primal is a justice lantern?? Dropped on a bell monk so it was +dex. Also bell monk is alot of fun

Not terrible for a bell monk tbqh because your dash gives block chance.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

First and only Primal was at p379. Up to p703 now and haven't seen a second yet, dammit

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's Dodge Chance, not block :negative:

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Yea this weeks challenge is a pain, although i should have been sleeping instead of trying it so tired.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Good to know, does attack speed do anything for bells? It rolled with a socket, trying to figure out if I should reroll the attack speed or vit

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Reroll vit. You can get that from augments if you really really need it but offensive stats are harder to stack to waste an affix slot on jewelry for it.

Also they can't kill you if you kill all of them first and don't get hit. Both of those goals are served by a bell monk stacking dex and offensive affixes.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sunwuko Guides don't call for Attack Speed on any single piece of gear. Does adding it to one have any notable effect at all?

Honestly it's a worthless filler legendary on your monk that you'll replace with literally any Compass Rose or Convention of Elements or Unity that you can find.

Save it and make a Invoker Crusader. Roll the Dex to Strength and you'll have a fantastic Best in Slot ring for that build.

But if you know you're never going to make an Invoker Crusader ever, just scrap it for souls.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 16, 2018

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sunwuko Guides don't call for Attack Speed on any single piece of gear. Does adding it to one have any notable effect at all?

Honestly it's a worthless filler legendary on your monk that you'll replace with literally any Compass Rose or Convention of Elements or Unity that you can find.

Save it and make a Invoker Crusader. Roll the Dex to Strength and you'll have a fantastic Best in Slot ring for that build.

But if you know you're never going to make an Invoker Crusader ever, just scrap it for souls.

That is the real advice. IAS isn't called for on bell monks because there is better use for your limited affix budget. Tgat said it doesn't hurt and I got my bell monk to 103 last season with some gear that had IAS on it.

It didn't really make a problem until really high level gr rift guardians where I'd be spamming attacks without a pause for 30+ seconds and I'd finally have resource regeneration issues and have to spend a cooldown cycle dodging to stack my resource pool again.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I am using CoE and Unity both with pretty good rolls. I will hang on to it for the moment, never played a crusader and I haven't rolled an alt this season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

texaholic posted:

I am using CoE and Unity both with pretty good rolls. I will hang on to it for the moment, never played a crusader and I haven't rolled an alt this season.

You're not using both Compass Rose and Ring of Royal Grandeur???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You're not using both Compass Rose and Ring of Royal Grandeur??R?

RoRG in the kanai thing, haven't found a compass rose set I like yet.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/JalapenoMAN-1937/hero/98542562

I guess I should look into upgrading