Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

http://www.garlandtools.org/db/

Do a search for craftable, i250, equippable by white mage. Click on each item that ends with "of healing", then for each item click on the crafting tab and click "add to crafting list". That will show you all the ingredients you need.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

vOv posted:

Yeah, I don't understand what the point of that is.

I'm sure it's just because it was easier to add the class that way, rather than adding a new check in the MSQ for rogue where baderon tells you to go join the rogues' guild at level 1.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

unseenlibrarian posted:

I wonder if the "don't need to level a second class" stuff means you'll be able to start as a rogue without leveling another class to ten first.

You still need to have some class at level 50 to take one of the expansion jobs, so it wouldn't seem strange to me if Rogue continues to need some class at level 10.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I played this back around A Realm Reborn launch and leveled my Monk to 50. I stopped playing around the time Coil first unlocked (if I recall). There were hit detection issues server side back then, and some issues overall, but a friend of mine says everything has significantly improved over the intervening time and expansion so I figured I'd give it a shot. Also, I wanted to get some play time in to try and get used to changes in this expansion before Samurai gets released in the next one.

Am I basically fine to just look for a story quest and keep leveling from 50 to 60 to have it send me to the new zone, or are there old vanilla level 50 quests I have to do before I get to go towards 60? If I recall, I completed just about everything except the raid attunement before I stopped playing, so I should be pretty caught up on the vanilla story.

I'm currently in Faerie (in the Aether cluster), is there any stuff that is cross realm within a cluster, or is it all basically still on the server level? If it's the latter, is there any real issue (money aside) if I wanted to just transfer my already leveled character over to the server you guys are on? Hopefully that's not locked to only transferring between worlds within a cluster.

Oh, and did they add more quests so you don't have big dead zones where none are available? I remember back when I played the way to level after like 42 was just grinding out mobs in this one FATE as they spawned, and that kind of sucked.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zaodai posted:

I played this back around A Realm Reborn launch and leveled my Monk to 50. I stopped playing around the time Coil first unlocked (if I recall). There were hit detection issues server side back then, and some issues overall, but a friend of mine says everything has significantly improved over the intervening time and expansion so I figured I'd give it a shot. Also, I wanted to get some play time in to try and get used to changes in this expansion before Samurai gets released in the next one.

Am I basically fine to just look for a story quest and keep leveling from 50 to 60 to have it send me to the new zone, or are there old vanilla level 50 quests I have to do before I get to go towards 60? If I recall, I completed just about everything except the raid attunement before I stopped playing, so I should be pretty caught up on the vanilla story.

I'm currently in Faerie (in the Aether cluster), is there any stuff that is cross realm within a cluster, or is it all basically still on the server level? If it's the latter, is there any real issue (money aside) if I wanted to just transfer my already leveled character over to the server you guys are on? Hopefully that's not locked to only transferring between worlds within a cluster.

Oh, and did they add more quests so you don't have big dead zones where none are available? I remember back when I played the way to level after like 42 was just grinding out mobs in this one FATE as they spawned, and that kind of sucked.
If you finished the launch MSQ, then you have exactly 100 more story quests to do before you can get into HW. Picks back up at the waking sands. Duty finder has always been cross server, and they just made party finder cross server also, open world stuff is still strictly single server only though. They haven't really gone back and added many sidequests to existing zones for the most part, but leveling is a lot faster and there are more ways to go about doing it now.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

blame Obligatum VII for this bad idea and blame me for following through on it

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

homeless snail posted:

If you finished the launch MSQ, then you have exactly 100 more story quests to do before you can get into HW. Picks back up at the waking sands. Duty finder has always been cross server, and they just made party finder cross server also, open world stuff is still strictly single server only though. They haven't really gone back and added many sidequests to existing zones for the most part, but leveling is a lot faster and there are more ways to go about doing it now.

... I can't tell if you're joking about there being 100 quests to do or not.

[EDIT] Or do you mean 100 more quests before the level cap content of HW?

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 13, 2017

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

It's not a joke. Ffxiv has a lot of patches and support between big releases.

Edit: just for reference of how much content there is, the story content at level 50 is about half as long as leveling a new class to 50, and there are more dungeons and duties at level 50 than below it. The capstone to the end of the level 50 story is an hour long cutscene.

Tenik fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 13, 2017

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Zaodai posted:

If the last story quest you did was the one that ended release ARR, it's 100 quests to go through the story from that point to 2.55, which was the last story patch before HW, and you can't go to Ishgard and HW content until you do them all. There are more, and actually very good, MSQ quests for HW and right now we're in 3.55, so another large amount of story quest to play through once you hit 60.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Zaodai posted:

Currently there are four segments to the main story:
  1. The Seventh Umbral Era, lv.1-50 quests introduced in A Realm Reborn
  2. The Seventh Astral Era, lv.50 quests introduced in patches 2.1-2.55
  3. Heavensward Main Scenario, lv.51-60 quests introduced in Heavensward
  4. The Dragonsong War and Post-Dragonsong, lv.60 quests introduced in patches 3.1-3.55
You're currently between 1 and 2. There are 100 quests to do to reach 3.

Leveling is significantly faster now -- the main story grants more EXP, the Challenge Log grants weekly bonuses for easy-to-achieve things like doing a few dungeons or commending people, there's a Dungeon Roulette that grants a daily EXP bonus, and instead of FATEs there's now Palace of the Dead, a randomly-generated dungeon for any combination of jobs.

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 13, 2017

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

It only takes one leroy in the place to cause a wipe for all 72 people.

Emergency missions are diabolically brilliant. The best part is that the 280 weapons they drop have a terrible secondary stat budget so the relic is actually better despite the weapon damage. :lol:
Sorry to go back for nerd tryhard stuff, but I'm pretty sure the weapon damage along with the increase in main stat (which basically adds up to almost +3 weapon damage together) means the i280 weapons are pretty much definitely gonna be better. People have claimed they'd be better even without substats, which I think is an exaggeration, but the substats would have to be insanely godawful to make up the difference. I've already seen pictures of 280 weapons that were fine.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Chairman posted:

Currently there are four segments to the main story:
  1. The Seventh Umbral Era, lv.1-50 quests introduced in A Realm Reborn
  2. The Seventh Astral Era, lv.50 quests introduced in patches 2.1-2.55
  3. Heavensward Main Scenario, lv.51-60 quests introduced in Heavensward
  4. The Dragonsong War and Post-Dragonsong, lv.60 quests introduced in patches 3.1-3.55
You're currently between 1 and 2. There are 100 quests to do to reach 3.

Leveling is significantly faster now -- the main story grants more EXP, the Challenge Log grants weekly bonuses for easy-to-achieve things like doing a few dungeons or commending people, there's a Dungeon Roulette that grants a daily EXP bonus, and instead of FATEs there's now Palace of the Dead, a randomly-generated dungeon for any combination of jobs.

Alright, well that doesn't sound so bad as long as I don't get stuck on a quest to go run a dungeon with nobody in queue like back in the day. Thanks.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Finally made an attempt at one of these 2B glamours.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Butts aren't big enough to make 2B in this game

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Martman posted:

Sorry to go back for nerd tryhard stuff, but I'm pretty sure the weapon damage along with the increase in main stat (which basically adds up to almost +3 weapon damage together) means the i280 weapons are pretty much definitely gonna be better. People have claimed they'd be better even without substats, which I think is an exaggeration, but the substats would have to be insanely godawful to make up the difference. I've already seen pictures of 280 weapons that were fine.

The real question is if they're better enough that it's worth going through 4 levels of RNG to get them when you already have or are working on a near equivalent.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

EponymousMrYar posted:

The real question is if they're better enough that it's worth going through 4 levels of RNG to get them when you already have or are working on a near equivalent.

4 levels of RNG and a total re-gear and re-meld to replace the accuracy most classes lose from their relic. Or else another level of RNG in hoping that your 280 has the exact or more amount of accuracy that your relic already had. There are claims that the upgrade is basically like having Balance vs. a party without an Astrologian but I find that pretty specious

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

EponymousMrYar posted:

The real question is why is diadem still so poo poo that they apparently thought the only way to get people to actually do it was to turn it into the FFXIV of a mobile game gatchapon.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Probably because it's the end of the expansion and it was a super low effort method to get people to do grindy busywork content in the meanwhile.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Zaodai posted:

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Main_Scenario_Quests

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

That's a pretty handy list. Thanks. I assume I'll still be getting XP towards 60 as I do them, so it's not really that much different.

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.
I haven't played in a couple of years, and when I'm renewing my subscription it says I can use a recruitment code. Is that the same as the refer-a-friend listed in the OP?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Zaodai posted:

That's a pretty handy list. Thanks. I assume I'll still be getting XP towards 60 as I do them, so it's not really that much different.

As long as you own Heavensward you'll get exp. also the quality of the story improves dramatically 50+

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, as long as you've bought the HW expansion the level cap goes up to 60 and you'll earn XP. I think I got around 1.5 levels from doing the 2.1-2.55 quests.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I'm 54 and just finished Leviathan. I may switch jobs if I cap before finishing the story. This will be my first time as well.

I've been doing a lot of the old stuff tho, and making sure to run my daily stuff. I'm working on the old relic weapons right now. It was pretty funny listening to people bitch when they popped in for their Duty Finder Trial to find Hydra waiting for them.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Why would they bitch about getting Hydra? It just kinda falls over dead. Most people running it will be synced down to the equivalent of 130 gear, and it was intended for people at or below 70 gear to be running it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Roughly how many keybinds should I be worried about having ready access for (for combat rotations)? I've played a bunch of WoW, so I'm used to having a shitload, but I'd need to unbind some stuff for a few of my regular keybinds and I'd avoid doing that if I don't need to.

Also, whatever I did to warrant being mailed a fat chocobo mount, I'm glad I did it. :allears:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Most classes use 2-3 full rows of buttons. Just get used to playing your keyboard like an organ piano.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Martman posted:

With the extra weapon damage and mainstats it's going to be next to impossible for the diadem weapons to not be better than relics or alex drops. If a weapon droped and rolled well on secondary stats the gap would be considerable.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

Most classes use 2-3 full rows of buttons. Just get used to playing your keyboard like an organ piano.

The general theme I've noticed is that everyone tends to want easy, consistent access to 6-8 buttons (for your 1-2-3 combos) and the rest you can click.

Nin was the first time I had to use shift keybinds (for Mudras) and HW has seen me expand into the shift keybind a bit more (for the occasional 1-2-3-4 combo, Fire 4/Ice 4, etc.)

I've got 3 rows of buttons for every class including relevant potions.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Okay, so basically the old glory days of Shaman where you had more skills than the UI had slots to put them in.

I'll just bind all my usual suspects and go hunting for new ones from there.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
If you include ctrl and shift permutations, I probably use like 20+ buttons on the reg. I couldn't imagine just clicking even half of them.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!
I bought Roccat Nyth before I started playing FF XIV. The side buttons are modular, I had 6 when I started playing the game and I now have 9, having switched from PLD to DRK. I basically use Q, E, R, F and G in addition to number keys and use Shift modifiers on the mouse side buttons. Technically I could've kept the 6 side buttons and just added Z, X, C to the rotation.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I've set up my hotkeys with 123, QERFC and then shift and control and basically have access to everything I need and what I don't I can click on when I rarely need it.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
Behold

Not pictured is a toggled cluster of 12 off to the side for PvP abilities, bound to the same sets of QWER etc. with ctrl modifiers. Nothing gets clicked because clicking is for babies and caster classes, but I repeat myself

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my binds are such that i type out "E N D M Y L I F E" to do my optimal opener

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Mister Olympus posted:

Behold

Not pictured is a toggled cluster of 12 off to the side for PvP abilities, bound to the same sets of QWER etc. with ctrl modifiers. Nothing gets clicked because clicking is for babies and caster classes, but I repeat myself

do you just like mouse move or something?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also keep in mind it is entirely possible to play this game at near top level doing nothing but clicking your abilities with your mouse.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

Behold

this looks legit but I too am curious how you move.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The 2.5 base GCD helps with clicking 90% of your buttons. I tend to move my camera a lot and right click lets me strafe in any direction I want, so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

The 2.5 base GCD helps with clicking 90% of your buttons. I tend to move my camera a lot and right click lets me strafe in any direction I want, so :shrug:

this is fine until you enter the special hell that is double-weaving on lovely internet

• Locked thread