Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Countblanc posted:

the customer service is really loving awful, but there's approximately a 0% chance that yoship has any real sway over that, especially westerner's customer service.

I think it's still worth a shot over another question about some specific expansion feature that won't get answered anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
there's also a very real chance the customer service is farmed out and/or is handled by square enix as a whole, not the ffxiv team.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

there's also a very real chance the customer service is farmed out and/or is handled by square enix as a whole, not the ffxiv team.

If as a producer yoship's reports to his superiors includes poor NA customer service as a risk then something might actually be done eventually.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yoshi-P *is* one of the superiors, they promoted him to that FF steering committee for turning FFXIV around. Yeah, you could do worse in finding a way to get Squeenix to fix that.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 12, 2017

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I liked when YoshiP immediately asked him "how/why did you lose your account." Like what kind of MMOPlayers.txt did you pull do get banned in the first place.

And then he just lost the account name or something.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SL the Pyro posted:

Nice.

Related question: does Diadem armor go up to i280 too, or is it just weapons?

Armor is 265. Potentially BiS with a great roll, but some 270 stuff is almost absolutely better.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I think you guys might have buried a lead here:

quote:

He also answered a popular question by confirming that if you have the GARO collaboration titles, you should be able to earn the achievements for the mounts even after the Disreputable Priest moves on. (Probably.)

http://massivelyop.com/2017/03/11/pax-east-2017-naoki-yoshida-on-final-fantasy-xivs-new-jobs-old-jobs-and-future-patches/

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well that would be nice, at my current rate we'll be on patch 4.1 before I finish the drat horses.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I thought I had read many moons ago that SEs customer service was farmed out to the same bunch that did the now defunct SOE customer service.

Would explain things if true.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Don't let Baphomet Rex convince you he's a nice person, he will kill you and then teabag your corpse

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
You know what's good? Heroically removing your helmet to reveal your glorious, glorious hair.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thats pretty great.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Potato Fabio, is that you?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you do an emergency mission i recommend not letting random pug tanks run it around the ramp. god that was awful.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I did an emergency mission and it just ended with entering the area and getting smacked with 2 attacks that do 44k each and instantly dying as soon as the loading screen goes away.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
The emergency mission was a nice idea that was immediately ruined upon contact with the general FF14 playerbase, which is absolutely incapable of handling it.

Edit: Particularly starting the timer when you enter and not when headstone is pulled. What joker decided that was the way to do it?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Obligatum VII posted:

The emergency mission was a nice idea that was immediately ruined upon contact with the general FF14 playerbase, which is absolutely incapable of handling it.

Edit: Particularly starting the timer when you enter and not when headstone is pulled. What joker decided that was the way to do it?

ilifinicus posted:

Running theory is that it is Nobuaki Komoto, guy who directed FFXI for a while and later FFXIV, before he was tossed and Yoshida took over. (Tanaka was the PRODUCER, not the Director) Komoto is still around in FFXIV, and has taken charge on most of the stuff people really don't like in the game, like Heavensward crafting, desynthesis and the relic/anima weapon grinds

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think the timer starts the moment the emergency mission spawns but yeah definitely something that requires coordination.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It only takes one leroy in the place to cause a wipe for all 72 people.

Emergency missions are diabolically brilliant. The best part is that the 280 weapons they drop have a terrible secondary stat budget so the relic is actually better despite the weapon damage. :lol:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I just had my first emergency mission, which was great because my group hat 30 seconds left on the main Diadem timer and weren't going to kill Purple Worm in time without the 15 minute bonus.

It was initially sloppy as groups tried to decide which portal to take but once the main boss showed up things went pretty well. I ended up with a crit/det/ss/acc slaying ring which would have ruled if I wasn't already BiS with no realistic way to rearrange things specifically to take advantage of a little extra accuracy.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

:toot:

Uninstalling. Call me when Stormblood launches.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crackerjack posted:

You know what's good? Heroically removing your helmet to reveal your glorious, glorious hair.

This is a little too Griffith.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Made it to floor 200 in potd, got the pumpkin earring, and then we played with /gpose on the bench for like 10 minutes straight:

Lalafell taunt face is the single best reason to be a potato.

POTD was really great and really unique content. At one point we had two chimeras pat past us while we hid, then right when we killed the first one he breathed on me as the healer and killed me dead because we were hiding in the corner and I couldn't see poo poo with the camera (which in retrospect was still me being dumb), then the last survivng party member had to serenity/rage to kill the other one and keep the run alive on floor 186. You don't really get super tense moments like that in most of FFXIV's content, and while I am super glad the entire game isn't like that, I am also super glad that there's at least this small corner of it that is. Can't wait for the next deep dungeon in SB.

And then we left and our tank went back to diadem and I got very sad because it's such unfun content.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

quote:

R: What has happened to the Free Company alliance system that was planned during the 2.x patch series, is that still being considered?
Y: According to our list, it should be in 4.1 or there’s possibility it may slip to 4.2. We’re kind of on that threshold at the moment.
:monocle:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Oh lord, are the goons to be as one?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My shitposting is ready.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
edit: We almost had Oracle as a third job. Probably would have, if they weren't rejiggering the existing ones.

quote:

So naturally, we were curious if any other jobs were in the running, and could have possibly bumped one of the two jobs fans are getting in Stormblood out. Yoshida was a little hesitant, not wanting to fuel speculation, but was able to elaborate on some loose ideas that the team had for another job.

“We were thinking of a ranged caster as well” said Yoshida. Apparently the idea was for a very Japanese type of Shaman, Magician, Conjurer-like ranged attacker. There wasn’t a direct English word that perfectly described the idea that Yoshida was trying to describe.

However, when I chimed in and suggested something like the Oracle from Final Fantasy Tactics, Yoshida responded with an emphatic “Yes!” So take that for what it’s worth.

http://twinfinite.net/2017/03/ffxiv-stormblood-new-job-interview/

Listening through PAX Q&A.

More tidbits:

* During question, "When do we get the Scion aetherometer goggle things?" Yoshi-P says, "Someday, when you go to Sharlayan. 6.0? 7.0?" The right way to interpret that answer is probably "We already have 5.0's destination planned, we're not sure about 6.0 yet". Feels like Yoshi-P could be thinking about FFXIV: Cataclysm and giving the entire world a polish pass, though.
* Q: "Please implement an oPod music device. (Orchestrion-pod)" "We need new systems. Good idea. Need to get Soken and the sound engineers in on this, though. And if Soken was here, he would have screamed 'NO!' and run out the door."
* Mannequins DEFINITELY coming 4.X.

MY BODY IS READY.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 12, 2017

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Made it to floor 200 in potd, got the pumpkin earring, and then we played with /gpose on the bench for like 10 minutes straight:

POTD was really great and really unique content. At one point we had two chimeras pat past us while we hid, then right when we killed the first one he breathed on me as the healer and killed me dead because we were hiding in the corner and I couldn't see poo poo with the camera (which in retrospect was still me being dumb), then the last survivng party member had to serenity/rage to kill the other one and keep the run alive on floor 186. You don't really get super tense moments like that in most of FFXIV's content, and while I am super glad the entire game isn't like that, I am also super glad that there's at least this small corner of it that is. Can't wait for the next deep dungeon in SB.

And then we left and our tank went back to diadem and I got very sad because it's such unfun content.

The problem with PoTD is that it is a complete bore until you hit F180+

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
/pdead still not old yet.

Suffer not the catgirl, the potato, the waifu.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Once I hit level 60, and assuming I have access to a crafter who is willing to make stuff for a white mage, what's a good option for me in terms of getting a big ilvl boost? I feel like I need to get big increases and while I've suppliment some of that with PvP great and aetherpool weapons I'm wondering if there's some good stuff I can have crafted and just save some time. It doesn't need to be hyper-optimal just "I'd like to do hard dungeons please."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
With a buddy, some of those endgame tomes (Lore), and some Company Seals you can get a full set of i250 stuff. That's enough to do nearly everything.

Maguoob posted:

This is why I haven't even bothered to finish floor 100 yet.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

With a buddy, some of those endgame tomes (Lore), and some Company Seals you can get a full set of i250 stuff. That's enough to do nearly everything.

This is why I haven't even bothered to finish floor 100 yet.

What sort of things do I need to get? I googled for it but to be honest I just wasn't able to find a good guide, most people seemed to know what they were going for already.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

What sort of things do I need to get? I googled for it but to be honest I just wasn't able to find a good guide, most people seemed to know what they were going for already.

The idyllshire eikon set augmented with dun scaith and Shire pieces as you get them.

The patch added a new weekly accessory drop too as part of dun scaith.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I like how even Kal's wife is annoyed he went shirtless catboi for that pic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

http://www.garlandtools.org/db/

Do a search for craftable, i250, equippable by white mage. Click on each item that ends with "of healing", then for each item click on the crafting tab and click "add to crafting list". That will show you all the ingredients you need.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
I wonder if the "don't need to level a second class" stuff means you'll be able to start as a rogue without leveling another class to ten first.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Maguoob posted:

Yeah, they made it really sloggy for no good reason. Either the difficulty should have ramped up faster or they should have cut out floors 100-150.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

unseenlibrarian posted:

I wonder if the "don't need to level a second class" stuff means you'll be able to start as a rogue without leveling another class to ten first.

I feel like that would require a change to the character creation menu and is more likely to be seen as an 'unlockable' class still, so I wouldn't place my bets on that. It isn't a hard class to get to these days, anyways, but it is quite silly with HW and soon SB coming out.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's so easy to level early that it just feels very arbitrary having to get one to ten for rogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's so easy to level early that it just feels very arbitrary having to get one to ten for rogue.

Yeah, I don't understand what the point of that is.

• Locked thread