Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

A raid where Rhitatyn and the All My Namedays dude from SB team up to annihilate you.

Hypertuned Rhitayn and Grynewaht as Chaos Space Marine buddies? I'm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

hello have i arrived too late to participate in the MCH glam power hour

:ssh: i haven't actually leveled it beyond 30 and at this point i feel like i shouldn't even bother until shadowbringers, at the VERY least

Great White Hope!
Nov 12, 2006

Solovey posted:

hello have i arrived too late to participate in the MCH glam power hour

:ssh: i haven't actually leveled it beyond 30 and at this point i feel like i shouldn't even bother until shadowbringers, at the VERY least

This is so good

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
All I want for Christmas is one for Pugilist/Monk that lets me do the Kabuto Roundhouse Kick.

https://i.imgur.com/7ObT2OL.mp4

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ultimate Hamon Holyfist

Edward_Lapine
Jan 21, 2011

I thought you were actually gay, I mean...
So did I, for a bit, but then I found out about the prohibitive standards of hygiene, and all that DANCING!

Ciaphas posted:

Now that I'm sort of starting to understand what's going on in Doman Mahjong, I kinda like it. Is there anywhere I could, like, play it on my phone or switch or laptop while in dungeon queues :v:

(I suppose I could learn to use Tenhou or whatever it is but anything non-English just goes in one ear and out my other :saddowns:)

FFXIV's Doman Mahjong is pretty decent, but I got tired of random disconnects where it really draws out the game.

I started with Mahjong in the Yakuza series, but I highly recommend Kemono Mahjong on the Android/iOS store.

Also MCH glam. I really want to glam the hand mortar, but that means I have to level MCH to 60. :negative:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i was curious about all the talk of Hello, World so I went and watched a guide for O12S and

:stonklol:

i love it

it's so loving clever. grand cross omega was pretty spicy but hello world makes it look like babytown frolics. this is the comfort I take every time I gently caress up a cast and let a dps die

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

this is the comfort I take every time I gently caress up a cast and let a dps Avelyn die

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I want Ultimate Brute Justice, complete with full gobbie sentai and Ultimate Garleans.

But also Ultimate triad could lead to some hilarious stage fuckery,

Ultimate Manipulator. 3 sets of pentacles.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Edward_Lapine posted:

FFXIV's Doman Mahjong is pretty decent, but I got tired of random disconnects where it really draws out the game.

I started with Mahjong in the Yakuza series, but I highly recommend Kemono Mahjong on the Android/iOS store.

Also MCH glam. I really want to glam the hand mortar, but that means I have to level MCH to 60. :negative:

Thanks for this, now i've got riichi mahjong on an ipad and I can no longer be saved :(

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

feeling extremely attacked rn

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
All of my glams are boring as gently caress or just AF gear, other than my kid Link paladin and nowadays that's not even original.. I feel ashamed.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i forgot i had this cozy jacket, me and baby behemoth can both be warm when we rebuild ishgard

also i hit the 200 item cap in my glamour dresser and i am VERY upset about it

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I haven't leveled MCH yet, but have my BRD glam instead.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

All I want for Christmas is one for Pugilist/Monk that lets me do the Kabuto Roundhouse Kick.

https://i.imgur.com/7ObT2OL.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/eC2PHIx.gif

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
I should play MCH more, but eh. Reposts away!

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

My glam is whatever I happen to be wearing at the time.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Givin posted:

All of my glams are boring as gently caress or just AF gear, other than my kid Link paladin and nowadays that's not even original.. I feel ashamed.

Post them anyway, all pictures are good pictures.

Zokari posted:

My glam is whatever I happen to be wearing at the time.

Except this criminal.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
All of the non-plate Garo sets look so good I just use them as my glamours for most classes and the Wootz set for my tanks. Maybe if we had more storage space or glamour plates I'd get more elaborate but..

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Good luck on o12s! Hello World is a lot but it breaks down pretty well, like most fight mechanics in 14.
And you can always break out the galaxy brain strats.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Edward_Lapine posted:

If you don't want to be able to dye it you can get a level 1 version from the Gold Saucer.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I don't know how to take good screenshots but this is my BLM. I like comfy non-hatted-but-still-emulating-some-aspect-of-the-AF, hence the eyepatch.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Current MCH glam.

Honestly doesn't see much use nowadays but I still really like it.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I missed out on the flower crown and I hope it comes to the Mogstation soon and not a year from now.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Note Block posted:

I missed out on the flower crown and I hope it comes to the Mogstation soon and not a year from now.

Seasonals are extremely consistently dropped in mogstation One Year Later, so bad news on that.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
cries in miqo'te

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
This has been my MCH glam since lv50, the only change being the goggles once I hit 60 because since ARR I've wanted goggles on my forehead

Only registered members can see post attachments!

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
is the Minstrel's Ballad trials worth it? takes forever to find a group, and it always fails, at least in my experience (server (Louisoix))

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

serious norman posted:

is the Minstrel's Ballad trials worth it? takes forever to find a group, and it always fails, at least in my experience (server (Louisoix))
They're good fights and almost all of them have a mount associated with them, but you don't want to use duty finder for them. You need to find your own group in party finder or your FC or something

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Definitely only join the various Minstrel's Ballad trials (and Extreme primals, which are basically the same difficulty level) in Party Finder. You can join by data center which will greatly increase the number of groups available, and most of these fights will have at least a couple of groups running at any given time to farm mounts. The older ones will be out-leveled enough that you can probably get away with going blind into a farm party* but watching a video first never hurts.

*unless everybody in the PF is quietly going in blind, in which case welp

The other great thing about the Minstrel's Ballad fights in particular is that you are literally experiencing a version of the fight that never happened because not-Yoship the Wandering Minstrel is embellishing the hell out of your tale of how the actual fight went.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

homeless snail posted:

They're good fights and almost all of them have a mount associated with them, but you don't want to use duty finder for them. You need to find your own group in party finder or your FC or something

Thundarr posted:

Definitely only join the various Minstrel's Ballad trials (and Extreme primals, which are basically the same difficulty level) in Party Finder. You can join by data center which will greatly increase the number of groups available, and most of these fights will have at least a couple of groups running at any given time to farm mounts. The older ones will be out-leveled enough that you can probably get away with going blind into a farm party* but watching a video first never hurts.

*unless everybody in the PF is quietly going in blind, in which case welp

The other great thing about the Minstrel's Ballad fights in particular is that you are literally experiencing a version of the fight that never happened because not-Yoship the Wandering Minstrel is embellishing the hell out of your tale of how the actual fight went.

Thanks, Will look more in party finder after these, I was thinking of abandoning all these quests. I've only joined through Duty finder so far and it seems like no one knows what they're doing (including me)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Yeah, DF is the way to go. People will also be doing it unsynced, so itll be a very different experience with that.

“Minstrel’s Ballad” and Extreme are at the level where you can expect mechanics that, if you don’t know what you’re doing, you’ll kill other people besides yourself. There are also generally ‘Enrage’ points where you fail the fight if you don’t kill in a certain amount of time. These act as larger checks against dps always dieing and being carried by the healers.

Compare to Normal where, with a few exceptions, screwing up mostly just gets yourself killed, and you can take an entire lockout on a fight so long as the healers have MP.

This sort of thing is why Ozma was the terror it’s remembered as. If the person targeted with the meteor doesn’t have a clue, they will absolutely kill their alliance, which can quickly snowball against the rest of the raid.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I swear I've gotten the moogle king in like 4 out of my 5 last trial roulettes. I'm not sure if I'm just unlucky or if there is some reason people keep choosing to run it.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Mog's one of the first required trials and from what I've been gathering the upcoming expansion has plenty of WoW people trying the game out right now.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I don't have a MCH glam, but my RDM glam kinda resembles one?

No finger guns though :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Phone posted:

You don't need to have max level retainers to be making money off of them. :ssh: The level 70 2* gathering is a real bad ROI (1 venture for 5 pieces of Hingan Flax... maybe 5000 gil if you're lucky?) but kinda nice if you wanna be lazy and passively gather last tiers mats for i340 DOH/DOL gear.

It's kind of dead and rough to get in now, but the majority of the ingredients for Shakshouka were a solid source of income on and off throughout 4.4+:

1 Koshu Pork,15 Yellow Scrip, 2500-5000 gil
2 Dravanian Paprika, level 60 - 7 per venture 50 minutes, 2000 NQ - 7500 HQ gil, 14k per venture
2 Dzemael Tomato, level 50 - 9 per venture 40 minutes, 500 NQ - 500 HQ gil, 4.5k per venture
1 Gagana Egg, level 60 - 10 per venture 60 minutes, 800 NQ - 900 HQ gil, 8k per venture
1 Dragon Pepper, level 35 - 30 per venture 40 minutes, 200 NQ - 1500 HQ gil, 6k per venture
1 Thyme, level 40 - 30 per venture 40 minutes, 300 NQ - 950 HQ gil, 9k per venture

Shakshouka: 8200 HQ x 3 = 26000 gil - tax
Mats: 8800 gil
Matcha HQ: 5200 gil (30 min timer)
Craftsman Cunning Tea HQ: 3000 gil (15 min timer)

Net: +9000 gil for first stack of 3

Rate: 36 per 30 min
312000 - 20000 (1 matcha, 2 teas) = +292k net (potentially) for babysitting crafting macros for 30 min.

Or be lazy like me and fill holes in the MB and be fine with a steady rate of volume and setting your own price for mats per swing:

Ahh, I might just do that then, since I'm not exactly in a hurry to get the retainers to 70 (they're currently 64/65 for the 3 gatherers and my ninja retainer is 62); I was mainly doing the 18 hours ones for the higher XP (and because I'm not on enough time each day to make multiple shorter ones worth it). It'll be nice to have money again; I've been holding off on getting the ARR beast tribe mounts (except for the Kobold one, which I prioritized because it's great) since I need all the money to accelerate GC-turn-in XP.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Axle_Stukov posted:

Mog's one of the first required trials and from what I've been gathering the upcoming expansion has plenty of WoW people trying the game out right now.

That, and the free starter through Twitch Prime.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Whats the easiest way to get light for Anima's nowdays?

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

I just came back after not playing since 4.2
For a filthy casual like myself that doesn't do Savage/Extremes , is the crafted 380 HQ weapon probably the best option for me? Or is there a tomestone weapon that's a higher ilevel I should be gunning for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The 380 crafted can be upgraded to 390 with mendacity tomes which will probably serve all your needs if you don't plan on doing any EX/Savage. Or there's also the Genesis 390 tomestone weapon from 4 O12 normal clears that will be upgradeale to 400 in an upcoming patch with the 24man drops.