Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

kalstrams posted:

It is, Liverto is much better than any regular bow.

Still not talking about bows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Still not talking about bows
I don't see any reasons for some class to differ in this regard.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

kalstrams posted:

Oh no, Liverto is ridonc. Just throwing that out there in regards to any advice that may come forth re: the other stat combos

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

Valk don't give no shits about +3 crit when we have basically 100% uptime on near 100% crit. Now the extra AP might be nice on Liverto, but the loss of accuracy can be lovely depending on your other gear.

At the end of the day there's enough gear and gear stats to allow you to tailor your class to your play style.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh no, Liverto is ridonc. Just throwing that out there in regards to any advice that may come forth re: the other stat combos
Oh, I see, you meant that it is the same talking about other weapons either.

Stanley Pain posted:

Valk don't give no shits about +3 crit when we have basically 100% uptime on near 100% crit. Now the extra AP might be nice on Liverto, but the loss of accuracy can be lovely depending on your other gear.

At the end of the day there's enough gear and gear stats to allow you to tailor your class to your play style.
I wonder if hidden accuracy is there on all Livertos to same extent (not sure why it wouldn't, but who knows with this game). If so, you'd most likely gain a metric fuckload of accuracy over anything bar Kzarka (if same assumption holds true with regards to it).

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

Why are you assuming Liverto is a loss of accuracy? Its AP is insane compared to equivalent weapons, I see no reason its hidden accuracy wouldn't also be great

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Ultimate Yuria is perfectly fine for a valkyrie. Valkyries don't give a poo poo about Liverto, not because it isn't better than Yuria (it is), but because it's not worth the hassle. The marketplace isn't awash in a flood of Liverto Longswords (or Liverto weapons period), so you're probably going to just have to hope you're one of the lucky few at a world / guild scroll boss. Then you need to spend a large amount of resources +15ing it.

Or, get your Ultimate Yuria and then wait / pray for Kzarka.

If you've upgraded all your other poo poo and are sitting on a pile of memory fragments and stones that you're willing to burn on a Liverto, sure, go for it. It will be better. But valkyries currently do fine with Ultimate Yuria, and it's a more efficient use of time and materials for them to skip over Liverto. It depends on how much time you're willing to invest in it.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Must be nice. Tamer's only substantial crit buff is Absorb Heileng, and that's 60% with 20% uptime

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Is there a guide to gaining Amity with certain important NPCs? I see in the OP there's a general guide but I was hoping more for something that shows me like, which NPCs are important to get amity for, why, and if there's a definite route to getting the most points with them.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
For Grithok. Canceling with forward slash to do faster ones.

https://youtu.be/wExqnKYI7_I

Edit: also not sure if this is known but I saw it on reddit and it didn't gain any traction and I've used it to get two outlaw rings pretty easily now.

Pro Tip on how to snipe:

Wait for the item to pop up the first time and get the captcha to show up. Type in the numbers but don't hit enter and let the item get sold because you're probably going to be too slow to get it anyways.

Now wait for the next item to show up and spam hit that refresh and once it shows up hit enter with your already typed in numbers and it will buy it. You don't have to retype the numbers and the captcha doesn't go away when hitting refresh on the screen. This only works well if the rare item has two posted within 5 mins of each other otherwise you'll be sitting on the MB screen for a while. (Unless the notifications show up while you're in the marketboard buying screen?)

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 24, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

A Spider Covets posted:

Is there a guide to gaining Amity with certain important NPCs? I see in the OP there's a general guide but I was hoping more for something that shows me like, which NPCs are important to get amity for, why, and if there's a definite route to getting the most points with them.

here is a tool for the routes for most points

http://bdotools.com/

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Stanley Pain posted:

I was going to add that this appears to be the case with Blader/AppleBottom too. Tons of our poo poo has 100% crit chance so I feel myself not really giving a poo poo.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

What the gently caress does this popup mean

Edit: I clicked it and now I have a mana boost, but the chair is down to durability 29. This is dumb. Also I claimed my p2w beds and they haven't appeared in-game yet. 0/10 garbage game

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 24, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah some furniture has buffs it can give. I don't think it breaks or goes away or anything when they are used up though.

You can also study a book for an hour at a bookshelf and at the end it gives you a piece of knowledge, maybe one you already have!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Edit: I clicked it and now I have a mana boost, but the chair is down to durability 29. This is dumb. Also I claimed my p2w beds and they haven't appeared in-game yet. 0/10 garbage game

The paid furniture takes a while, like a day

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Since there's so much confusion on how to play a sorcerer I've found a pretty good video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90OoRrr_Kbk

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
If you're waiting for Ninja and Kunoichi, keep on waiting.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Leisurely leveling from 1-50 was such a great experience that I thought perhaps this was a game I could casually play for a very long time, but the endgame grind of upgrading your gear+++ is absolute fuckery and I guess I'm pretty much over it at this point. Having the fruit of several hours of grinding and inventory management be a couple more failstacks is simply soulcrushing.

Well that's my story.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 4, 2020

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Is there an easy way to see how much lodging capacity I have available?

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
have a pass

2F13-7C56-2F9A-4D96-BB83

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Check your mail. I claimed the three furniture from buying the game and didn't realize how to actually get it in game until I checked the mail and it was an attachment. Hope you didn't delete your mail.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

LegalPad posted:

Leisurely leveling from 1-50 was such a great experience that I thought perhaps this was a game I could casually play for a very long time, but the endgame grind of upgrading your gear+++ is absolute fuckery and I guess I'm pretty much over it at this point. Having the fruit of several hours of grinding and inventory management be a couple more failstacks is simply soulcrushing.

Well that's my story.

Just force upgrade if you can't handle RNG. Then you just farm for money in a way you enjoy it (gathering, fishing, grinding) and do boss scrolls in a group. It's very easy to get gear upgraded.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Probad posted:

If you're waiting for Ninja and Kunoichi, keep on waiting.

"Randomized leveling stats when you level up. Unfortunately we came across this detail ourselves last week in a forum discussion. We were not aware of this feature and we are quite surprised ourselves. We have no information how it works ourselves. We believe that with every level up there is a certain threshold of possible enhancements or stats similar to the horses but that is all we know. The developers didn’t really us tell us about it. It was previously detected on Korean servers as well and the players were not happy about it. At the end of the day it is a competitive game and players are suppose to battle on even grounds. It is something we are addressing on the long run and discussing with the developers."

I wonder how much access they have to the code, cause "we didn't fuckin' know either what the gently caress Pearl" is an odd thing to say.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

To be fair, randomizing stats on levelup is such a mindfuckingly retarded thing to do in a pvp-centric game that they could be forgiven for assuming the developer wouldn't make that terrible of a decision.

You don't usually find things unless you're looking for them.

J
Jun 10, 2001

A Spider Covets posted:

The bdotools calculator linked above is your best bet for the best way to boost amity through the conversation game. As to which NPCs are important, it depends on what your goals are. There are armor vendors that sell certain armor sets at their amity shops, for example the grunil armor guy is in altinova, the taritas guy is in heidel, etc. Buying from them is cheaper than buying it through the market, and often the in-demand armor sets sell out on the market instantly so you have no choice if you want to repair the armor you're working on enchanting.

Some NPCs have quests that unlock at certain amity levels, this includes repeatable quests. There are a few amity-locked repeatable quests in olvia and florin, for example.

If you're looking to raise max energy a lot of the knowledge topics are available through certain npc amity games, these are all over the drat place really. But you can get your energy pretty high without doing a single one of these, but if you're trying to get it absolutely maxed out you'll need to do these to finish up a lot of knowledge topics.

I've heard having amity with trade managers gives you more attempts on the bargaining game, some post I saw said every 250 points of amity is an additional try. Haven't tested this myself.

Basically as you play through the game try to remember to glance at that amity wheel in the bottom left as you talk to npcs, that will show you what unlocks at various amity levels.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Grondoth posted:

"Randomized leveling stats when you level up. Unfortunately we came across this detail ourselves last week in a forum discussion. We were not aware of this feature and we are quite surprised ourselves. We have no information how it works ourselves. We believe that with every level up there is a certain threshold of possible enhancements or stats similar to the horses but that is all we know. The developers didn’t really us tell us about it. It was previously detected on Korean servers as well and the players were not happy about it. At the end of the day it is a competitive game and players are suppose to battle on even grounds. It is something we are addressing on the long run and discussing with the developers."

I wonder how much access they have to the code, cause "we didn't fuckin' know either what the gently caress Pearl" is an odd thing to say.

One step closer to finding the hidden luck stat.

TiredDaemon
Jul 14, 2006

Xythar, Kill: Spoonsy, ##Vote: TiredDaemon

I just bought this game as I forgot it came out in march. Just double checking that Orwen/Mediah 01 is the server with the most active goons.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Grondoth posted:

Probably barely any.

This isn't even a translation team or a dev team on our end. It is a hosting and payment team.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

TiredDaemon posted:

I just bought this game as I forgot it came out in march. Just double checking that Orwen/Mediah 01 is the server with the most active goons.

Yep. Orwen is the server and the most important part, the channel (mediah o1) can be changed between every 15 minutes. But if you want a guild invite that's your best bet.

Grondoth posted:

I'm actually not surprised at all. Daum is the publisher for the NA/EU regions. They are not the dev or design team. That's why if we get any changes from the korean (or jp/russian) version it will be smaller ones that are easier to do and can be easily requested and done by the korean devs.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

TiredDaemon posted:

SFD rolls on Edan if you don't want to be hilariously hosed over by your fellow goons, but we're a smaller presence.

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Probad posted:

SFD rolls on Edan if you don't want to be hilariously hosed over by your fellow goons, but we're a smaller presence.

I decided to give this game a try and have been playing with Parks and Rec for the last week or two and without exception everyone has been nice and helpful and they have good senses of humor.

I don't know enough of the game to know what would constitute being hosed over, but I don't get the sense that would happen. My two cents for anyone looking for a second opinion!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

sulley posted:

I decided to give this game a try and have been playing with Parks and Rec for the last week or two and without exception everyone has been nice and helpful and they have good senses of humor.

I don't know enough of the game to know what would constitute being hosed over, but I don't get the sense that would happen. My two cents for anyone looking for a second opinion!

You are a god drat liar. We have drinkfist and myself.

Also lewtt is now under blood pact with me. If he deletes goontang I will delete parks and rec.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So can I get a roll call of how many whiny babies are yelling at Lewtt right now? I want to laugh at you :).

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

lmao. which one of you guys is department of fisheries?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ROFLburger posted:

lmao. which one of you guys is department of fisheries?

That would be jerkjerk he's in GoonTang. He does gods work truly by fighting the AFK fisher menace depleting the oceans of fish.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
BDO Marketplace is so frustrating.

I have notifications up for Outlaw Rings, Ive spent the last 3 hours sitting at the marketplace waiting on and being sniped on 4 separate rings. Ive literally done nothing but hit refresh on this ring and placed a bid on all four of them within a couple seconds of them being posted and all 4 of them were sold out from under me.

Essentially there's no way to win rarer high demand items that I can see short of having a scripted bot

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hi posted:

BDO Marketplace is so frustrating.

I have notifications up for Outlaw Rings, Ive spent the last 3 hours sitting at the marketplace waiting on and being sniped on 4 separate rings. Ive literally done nothing but hit refresh on this ring and placed a bid on all four of them within a couple seconds of them being posted and all 4 of them were sold out from under me.

Essentially there's no way to win rarer high demand items that I can see short of having a scripted bot

You can beat the captcha by clicking said item and losing, but then leaving the captcha open and waiting for the item to pop again, you just hit enter and the captcha takes whatever you had in there as current and correct.

At least that's how it was related to me in mumble last night.

dabs violently
Jul 27, 2013

one of these days you'll work out autolooping falada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Question to all the geared people. Whats the end game AP/DP numbers I should be hitting?

Broke 100 AP last night and not sure what number is considered "geared" currently on NA