Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i somehow ended up posting that in nitecrew, i hvent posted ther in months so
:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jetsetlemming posted:

My family has such bad wisdom teeth situations it's basically like an intentional curse rather than mere generic bad luck, so I can empathize on that front. :(
No route for you to get insurance? Obamacare or through your college or parents? I live in a state that didn't expand medicare, but from what I've heard from people's experiences with it there's still good chances to get decent coverage. A friend of mine has a plan that's $.13 a month with $5 copays. She's an unemployed mom though, that might factor into it. Her kids are in CHIP rather than under her insurance though.

I don't know, it's a little late. And it's not the wisdom teeth, got those out in college. I'm 25 and already need a crown. Take your kids to the loving dentist, jesus!

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Either that or drill it in your kids' heads to not eat sugary poo poo constantly, brush and floss every day.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
I remember telling kc green how to say "twat" properly on some live stream he was doing with chipcheezum and voidburger

im cool

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Ha ha ha you guys melt in the sun

solovyov posted:

I think you're confusing him with Nick Rhodes (wore matching eye shadow with his wife at their wedding). John Taylor is, was, and always will be the correct answer.

Oh, you're right, I totally am. (confession, I wasn't really a Duran Duran fan tho' I loved blasting Rio when cruising on the beach)

Pick posted:

I don't know, it's a little late. And it's not the wisdom teeth, got those out in college. I'm 25 and already need a crown. Take your kids to the loving dentist, jesus!

:( I'm glad you're getting them fixed now. My dad's mother had dentures and he was fanatical about getting us to take care of our teeth.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

I've only had a burn that bad once in my life and I wanted to kill myself to escape the pain

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dongicus posted:

I remember telling kc green how to say "twat" properly on some live stream he was doing with chipcheezum and voidburger

im cool

is it twat or twawt

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
i have a pretty constant low level sunburn in the summer

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
tw@

I think

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Wildlife Analysis posted:

I've only had a burn that bad once in my life and I wanted to kill myself to escape the pain

You're lucky, I've done that multiple times, I've even had blisters the size of quarters. I am an idiot.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

is it twat or twawt

It's twat like hat, I know this because my husband is British. :smug:

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Clochette posted:

It's twat like hat, I know this because my husband is British. :smug:

yeah that's a better way of putting it

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Tora! Tora! Tora! posted:

You're lucky, I've done that multiple times, I've even had blisters the size of quarters. I am an idiot.

yeah, I can't say it's really advisable to do that

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The last time I got badly sunburnt, it was a thin painful strip of blisters around the middle of my back. I couldn't wear a bra that whole vacation, eating in air-conditioned restaurants was really awkward

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
the last time i got sunburnt it was because i was following a sea turtle for too long

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

mine was just because my boyfriend sucks at putting sunblock on my back

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Wildlife Analysis posted:

yeah, I can't say it's really advisable to do that

Yeah I was dumb. I learned I can't go to the beach with Suzy Hernandez and spend the same time in the sun; also sunscreens have gotten way better (they were mostly zinc oxide based when I was high school). But I can see the damage, the skin on my arms looks different than the skin on my stomach. And my left (driver's side) eyelid is crepe-ier than my right which I'm pretty sure is sun damage too. Like the truck driver:

Wear sunscreen!

Crow Jane posted:

The last time I got badly sunburnt, it was a thin painful strip of blisters around the middle of my back. I couldn't wear a bra that whole vacation, eating in air-conditioned restaurants was really awkward

Was it like just the place you missed getting sunscreen on? The first night is the worst when everything is just so hot and you can't sleep at all and you feel so feverish. Then it just quiets down into painful.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pick posted:

the last time i got sunburnt it was because i was following a sea turtle for too long

Is this why you won't let the otters in? The last time you thought an animal would lead you to adventure you got burned, literally? Don't let one bad experience sour you, get back on that horse, maybe literally!

with extra cheese
Oct 27, 2010
i never stay in the sun long enough to get sunburned anymore because sun exposure makes me break out into insanely itchy hives on my arms

it's either vampirism or lupus, i'm not sure which

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
what is the sun

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Was it like just the place you missed getting sunscreen on? The first night is the worst when everything is just so hot and you can't sleep at all and you feel so feverish. Then it just quiets down into painful.
I think it was from my swimsuit shifting. I hadn't done a full body application in a while, and the suit moved juuuust enough. Wearing any kind of fabric or trying to sleep was seriously painful. Also got swimmer's ear that trip :v:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

Is this why you won't let the otters in? The last time you thought an animal would lead you to adventure you got burned, literally? Don't let one bad experience sour you, get back on that horse, maybe literally!

actually i look back very favorably on that sea turtle anyway

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

with extra cheese posted:

i never stay in the sun long enough to get sunburned anymore because sun exposure makes me break out into insanely itchy hives on my arms

I get this too, it can be caused by the type of soap/lotion/shampoo/conditioner you use. Mine got so bad I went to see my doc about it, and he goes "Oh, cool!" when I was done explaining the situation and he took a look.

I guess that's better than "OH poo poo"

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Pick posted:

Were you like out on a boat on the ocean? Last time I was in Florida there were sea turtles hatching on the beach which I'd never seen before. It was really cool. One little guy was having so much trouble that this guy and I swept him up into a bucket and walked him out past the breakers. I hope he made it.

Crow Jane posted:

I think it was from my swimsuit shifting. I hadn't done a full body application in a while, and the suit moved juuuust enough. Wearing any kind of fabric or trying to sleep was seriously painful. Also got swimmer's ear that trip :v:

I always got burned right at the top of my bikini bottoms. Now I wear a long sleeved rash guard shirt and knee length surf shorts and look like a freak. We used to prevent swimmer's ear with alcohol drops after we got out of the pool.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

I went to Mexico in college, and if I remember correctly, this was due to the ocean washing off my sunscreen after the third application.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Were you like out on a boat on the ocean? Last time I was in Florida there were sea turtles hatching on the beach which I'd never seen before. It was really cool. One little guy was having so much trouble that this guy and I swept him up into a bucket and walked him out past the breakers. I hope he made it.

You saw sea turtles hatching? That is amazing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

nah I was swimming offshore

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

with extra cheese posted:

Ultragoonism

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Schmeichy posted:

You saw sea turtles hatching? That is amazing.

Yeah, it was so neat, I didn't even think sea turtles went to that beach but there they were. The Florida park rangers will cordon off the nests and it's like a state law that you can't eff with them. We weren't supposed to help the one that was struggling but I couldn't bear to watch him repeatedly get washed up on shore, Although maybe his not making it past the breakers meant he was too weak to make it in the ocean, idk.

Pick posted:

nah I was swimming offshore

Really? Where were you? That is even cooler than seeing the babies hatch.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That was Bonaire, good place for warm water and high visibility

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I haven't gotten sunburned since I was nine and on vacation on the East coast. I hide behind layers of sunblock.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Last time I went to the beach, I didn't get sunburnt, but I did wipe my eye with sandy fingers in a moment of sheer idiocy.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
i got sunburned in mexico once and my cheeks are still red as hell from it.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pick posted:

this is definitely a biologist's post

e: also since you mention Bonaire, was it part of the CIEE program there?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
nope just for fun, back when i had fun

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Baby sea turtles choking on Pick farts.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I wish I had the money to do poo poo like that just for fun

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I didn't pay, someone brought me along

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I use a sunscreen lotion on my face most days.

I don't often get sunburnt unless my sunscreen wipes off or I missed a spot, and even then, it's usually pretty mild. Last time I got burnt really bad was when I was 14 and at a lake in the mountains. I was pretty burnt, but my friend looked like a tomato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I always wear SPF bb cream because I don't want wrinkles

• Locked thread