Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

finally, rhalgr's reach has been torn down and made into something with much greater value: a parking lot

FINAL FANTASY XIV: They paved Rhalgr's Reach and put up a parking lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

IcePhoenix posted:

200k is piss easy to get, just do verminion and fashion report and you'll have plenty before the event is over

I'm still pretty new to FFXIV and have only been to the Gold Saucer one time in my teens. Is there a resource for the weekly fashion thing to know what to do?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

khysanth posted:

I'm still pretty new to FFXIV and have only been to the Gold Saucer one time in my teens. Is there a resource for the weekly fashion thing to know what to do?

https://twitter.com/kaiyokostar?lang=en

you can also just search the ff14 reddit for "fashion report" it gets posted every week

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/kaiyokostar?lang=en

you can also just search the ff14 reddit for "fashion report" it gets posted every week

To get 80 points you just need two golds off of the weekly list, and the only difference between 80 and 100 is the cheevos at 90 and 100, you don't get bonus mgp for getting even higher than 80.

Verminion tournaments have a 5 days off 3 days on schedule so register for the tournament when it's on, play five games against a tournament master (it's the last duty before the chocobo races in the DF) for your challenge log, and then collect another 50-70k MGP when the tournament ends for placing in the top 20 because nobody actually does the verminion tournaments.

Hell if you really want another minion play another five (assuming you win all of them) since there's a minion for getting double digit wins in four separate tournaments.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

SL the Pyro posted:

gently caress

Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Glagha posted:

What the gently caress. I have my scootypuff sr. and that was miserable why would you wish that on someone.

Eureka not enough of a grind for some people?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
There's a sliding scale between "finish the event, just buy" and "grind your brain to mush in Pagos". Would have appreciated some more effort to get Regalia but it's done.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

p good

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

GuyUpNorth posted:

There's a sliding scale between "finish the event, just buy" and "grind your brain to mush in Pagos". Would have appreciated some more effort to get Regalia but it's done.

In order of least to most soul-sucking: Current Pagos grind < Scooty Puff grind < original Pagos grind

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ffxiv is cancelled

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Look at these hopeful nerds waiting to get this sweet rear end ride.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mashed Potato - a lala getting hit by the car.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Next relic should just be car-themed. WAR swings a car, PLD gets a car as a shield, MNKs get two cars for fists.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

jokes posted:

Next relic should just be car-themed. WAR swings a car, PLD gets a car as a shield, MNKs get two cars for fists.

DRG gets a drag racer. Can't turn but it sure goes fast!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Looking at Logos actions and the 2nd instance in this event, solo instances in 5.0 are going to be cool as heck. Also I'm glad it wasn't a hellgrind of FATEs to get this wtf

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
I want this nice car for myself, but I also want other people to have nice things. Why would you wish for a lovely garbage grind for a dumb, fun item?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I just realized this is the first event to give out a title in over a year.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Kwyndig posted:

Nope, all three of the events last summer gave titles. But it has been a while.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

CYBEReris posted:

Sorry. Im sorry. Im trying to remove it

Catgirl drivers, amirite? :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Potato Jones posted:

I want this nice car for myself, but I also want other people to have nice things. Why would you wish for a lovely garbage grind for a dumb, fun item?
"I had to sweat and toil for thing, therefore other people should also have to sweat and toil for thing"?

also re: the liveposting, I'll keep thinking on it I guess. I really should join a group but I have an impulse to mock NPCs who are being a pain in the rear end though I don't really spoil things (I don't think). Yapping Eevee can be the judge of that, right now he's the one getting the full brunt of my :rant: whenever I have to deal with plot dumbassery.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Also glad that more folks get a gateway to Yoko Shimomura's awesome FFXV soundtrack

isk fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 17, 2019

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Potato Jones posted:

Because grinding, is fun, especially when there's a big reward at the end

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

homeless snail posted:

Because grinding, is fun, especially when there's a big reward at the end

:chloe:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Because grinding, is fun,
???

????????

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Eh, grinding can be fun. It's sort of the entire premise the genre is based on-- watching numbers go up with continued effort.

But grinding should be something you engage in to your own taste, at your own speed; not something you have to power through for a limited time event like this.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"I had to sweat and toil for thing, therefore other people should also have to sweat and toil for thing"?

also re: the liveposting, I'll keep thinking on it I guess. I really should join a group but I have an impulse to mock NPCs who are being a pain in the rear end though I don't really spoil things (I don't think). Yapping Eevee can be the judge of that, right now he's the one getting the full brunt of my :rant: whenever I have to deal with plot dumbassery.
Liveposting has always been one of the greatest parts of gaming for me; getting to hear new players react to the best and worst of the plot (and quietly laugh about 'oh wait until they get to -that- part') is fantastic.

Malachite has been rather incensed about the introduction to Ishgardians in the 36-41 part. :allears: But yeah, joining a FC is good for the buffs. You can always make a separate chat tab for FC chatter and just not look at it when you don't want to be spoiled.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I will burn Ishgard to the loving ground

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I will burn Ishgard to the loving ground

i know i'm repeating myself but you have absolutely got to do DRK asap if you haven't already

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Cabbit posted:

Eh, grinding can be fun. It's sort of the entire premise the genre is based on-- watching numbers go up with continued effort.

But grinding should be something you engage in to your own taste, at your own speed; not something you have to power through for a limited time event like this.

I would have been perfectly happy with yokai grind 2, this time in hw and sb zones. Might have finally gotten those 2 idiot fate chains that are otherwise impossible.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cabbit posted:

A time limited one once in awhile is exciting though, the couple of months everyone was talking about the yokai grind was a fun time and it makes me more appreciative of the junk I got

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

How quickly we forget Eorzean Ninja Warrior!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Malachite_Dragon posted:

How do these policies hold with people live-posting reactions to the plot as it occurs, possibly with large amounts of invective and threats of harm towards NPCs who get in my way and send me off to do frivolous busywork while the world is possibly literally about to be destroyed

Because I will burn Ishgard to the loving ground

I mean, if you're gonna live-post, cuz unironically enjoy watching sprouts hit the high notes is real fun, do it here, or in the main Catgirl Bargains discord, for maximum audience.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
There's always that one guy who doesn't know how to park

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i'ma double park all over rhalgr's reach and there's no keying so u can't fukken stop me!!!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I knew i shoulda taken that left turn in Albuquerque.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

everyone prances about in their fancy cars meanwhile I FINALLY PRANCE UPON MY SPARKLE PONY

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I do like how in ARR areas, smashing the space bar makes the car act like a lowrider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kerrzhe posted:

everyone prances about in their fancy cars meanwhile I FINALLY PRANCE UPON MY SPARKLE PONY

Hey, I saw you... right as that elephant smashed my god drat car