Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Drakkel posted:

So is the show still dogshit or what?

Voted 5 stars to lure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
you shouldn't stand up to wipe, the poop smears in your cheeks and then you're probably not getting all the way up in there with the tp

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Soul Glo posted:

you shouldn't stand up to wipe, the poop smears in your cheeks and then you're probably not getting all the way up in there with the tp

Poop smears might lure Vince out of retirement.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

stephanie is leading the crowd in a "thank you vince" chant lmfao
god I’m smart

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I have hairy balls

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

That DICK! posted:

I have hairy balls

nice username/post combo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TheKingslayer posted:

I'd assume he and Riddle would still have their first names were they not monstrous creeps.

It is morbidly funny they're pushing Austin Theory when he isn't even the best "sex pest new guy who lost their first name" wrestler on the roster. Like that's a lot of qualifiers amd you still fail.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Lid posted:

"sex pest new guy who lost their first name"

They are gonna hire a new CEO just named McMahon

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

for once, vince can watch as a fan

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Lid posted:

It is morbidly funny they're pushing Austin Theory when he isn't even the best "sex pest new guy who lost their first name" wrestler on the roster. Like that's a lot of qualifiers amd you still fail.

Lol

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Austin Theory push is still absolutely bizarre to me. At best he's Miz 2.0 with maybe slightly more in ring ability.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

TheKingslayer posted:

The Austin Theory push is still absolutely bizarre to me. At best he's Miz 2.0 with maybe slightly more in ring ability.

Thinking about it there is logic and it makes ever more sense with Miz:

He's a WWE lifer who has literally no value outside the company in either films or other wrestling companies as no one wants him. Their addiction now isn't creating by force The Next for their aces but to make their ace someone who can be theirs and only theirs.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheKingslayer posted:

Wow a future Mania main eventer.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
It is extremely funny that Steph is so beaten and broken that she led the crowd in a chant thanking her father who not only buried her for leaving a month prior but also completely emasculated her husband that he set up to fail

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Lid posted:

I misread Paterno as Pitino is the summary.

Success Is a Choice

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Wow a future Mania main eventer.

Yeah... I think my problem is expecting them to have some kind of high standard even after all this time.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

0konner posted:

Edge is good as far as I know both in the ring and out of it. Riddle and Theory seem to be very bad people outside of the ring. None are worse names for a wrestler than any other though.

Edge never had a first or second name to lose though, did he? Ever since his WWE debut he's been known as Edge.

Matt Riddle was one of the few WWE wrestlers allowed to compete under their birth name (along with Kurt Angle and Mark Henry) until his first name was dropped (but he's a rapist scumbag, so quite frankly, gently caress him.)

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jul 23, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

Edge never had a first or second name to lose though, did he? Ever since his WWE debut he's been known as Edge.

Matt Riddle was one of the few WWE wrestlers allowed to compete under their birth name (along with Kurt Angle and Mark Henry) until his first name was dropped (but he's a rapist scumbag, so quite frankly, gently caress him.)

Edge lost his first name, The, after a few weeks of his debut

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

yea ok posted:

the show is going to stay terrible because the replacements are all going to be people who are either brainwashed or actually believe that vince's way was the right way to book and promote wrestling. they might be able to say belt now. yippee

This can’t be stated enough. Vince’s mind worms will take a loooooong time to go away if they ever do. Not trying to Stan for Stephanie effin McMahon or anything, but I almost feel bad for her. This is all she has ever known her whole life. I remember this one interview she had with some outside fluff media person and she mentioned how she sneezed once, as a kid, in front of her dad and he just looked at her with disgust and complete loathing. The interviewer looked a bit shocked while Steph just laughed like “oh silly kids do the craziest things.” Struck a deeper cord with me even more than the Bayley thing talking about paying for their own travel. Vince ran that place like a tyrannical god for so long his policies are “just how things are done to be successful in this business.” Bear in mind that wwe is still profitable, for now, so most won’t even think about changing. Fire Dunn? Sure but unless they find someone new to bring in with his own passion, vision and drive to bring his vision about, you stand a good chance of the same wwe camerawork and jump cuts. Nothing big will change.

Still… will be nice to see what drama unfolds. Vince is a loon who is in the late stages of going boom and the heirs apparent are failchildren, parasites and one lone Khan who wants to make money. Will be curious if the next head of the corp will be as skilled at conning people into tossing them money or will they just part it out? Tony Khan would 100% buy parts of their library.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Glad to see Vince gone, very excited to see what absolutely horrible poo poo is about to break that prompted this, zero faith that things at the WWE will turn around any time soon.

Dan Ryckert and the Giant Bomb guys were streaming when the news broke, and Dan's unmitigated glee at Vince's departure was fun to see. And then he apparently started getting messages from WWE employees who were equally happy to see Vince gone.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2022/07/23/max-dupri-is-finished-with-wwe-being-replaced-in-the-maximum-male-models-by-maxine/

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Lmao, yet another thing that the WWE universe has to pretend like they didn’t love

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Who has been released over the last couple of years does everyone think HHH will bring back?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Glad to see Vince gone, very excited to see what absolutely horrible poo poo is about to break that prompted this, zero faith that things at the WWE will turn around any time soon.

Dan Ryckert and the Giant Bomb guys were streaming when the news broke, and Dan's unmitigated glee at Vince's departure was fun to see. And then he apparently started getting messages from WWE employees who were equally happy to see Vince gone.

Where would I find that stream? I have no idea how that world works.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Who has been released over the last couple of years does everyone think HHH will bring back?

Gargano, 100%

probably gonna push Ciampa too

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Road Dogg

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Hahaha Eli Drake fuckin sucks

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The entire “call up” was a quite the rib and they finally got him to get mad

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Venomous posted:

Gargano, 100%

probably gonna push Ciampa too

I can see him bringing back Killer Kross and Scarlett too.

bartok
May 10, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hahaha Eli Drake fuckin sucks

I remember the TNA diehards would build this guy up as the second coming of The Rock. Then I actually saw him wrestle and got angry I was tricked into watching TNA. At least he's better than Nick Aldis but not by much.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stuff from Wade regarding the Vince situation:

He's not expected to return in any capacity and people are "worried" about what's next for him since he has nothing outside of this in terms of hobbies or friends/companions (in case that weren't obvious from the lack of sleep)
Prichard and Dunn are staying, nobody knows how long Dunn's staying for. Prichard mostly ran Creative last night
No big changes immediately due to wanting to avoid spooking stockholders and sponsors further; also as long as Vince is still a large shareholder his opinion will be considered in changes to keep him happy
Raw's at MSG Monday, Vince leaving/not even sticking around just for that means something big must be coming out in terms of news WSJ was looking into sources for or something serious otherwise
Many talent optimistic this will help themselves/their priority-standing in the company over time; women most optimistic. Some people internally think this is enough to get Sasha and/or Naomi back
Steph and Khan "aren't close but also aren't enemies"
Some unhappy AEW talent are happy with this development, hoping now WWE may show interest in them

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’m not actually the Sandman, but if he took over the wwe that’d be pretty cool

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

It'll be interesting to see how aggressive this new regime is in signing/re-hiring people. I can already see William Regal going back once his AEW contract expires.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ambrose is 100% going back. One last ride for the shield,..

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Davros1 posted:

It'll be interesting to see how aggressive this new regime is in signing/re-hiring people. I can already see William Regal going back once his AEW contract expires.

have you heard how much fun he's having in aew

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flatluigi posted:

have you heard how much fun he's having in aew

HHH will hand him an extremely high-powered exec job and way more money. I assume he's gone.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Stuff from Wade regarding the Vince situation:

He's not expected to return in any capacity and people are "worried" about what's next for him since he has nothing outside of this in terms of hobbies or friends/companions (in case that weren't obvious from the lack of sleep)
Prichard and Dunn are staying, nobody knows how long Dunn's staying for. Prichard mostly ran Creative last night
No big changes immediately due to wanting to avoid spooking stockholders and sponsors further; also as long as Vince is still a large shareholder his opinion will be considered in changes to keep him happy
Raw's at MSG Monday, Vince leaving/not even sticking around just for that means something big must be coming out in terms of news WSJ was looking into sources for or something serious otherwise
Many talent optimistic this will help themselves/their priority-standing in the company over time; women most optimistic. Some people internally think this is enough to get Sasha and/or Naomi back
Steph and Khan "aren't close but also aren't enemies"
Some unhappy AEW talent are happy with this development, hoping now WWE may show interest in them

I wonder who the unhappy AEW talent would be

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Assuming he wants the stress that comes with being a “high-powered” executive

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Davros1 posted:

I mean, Nick Khan is still there, he's the one cutting the fat by all accounts, I can't see them re-signing anybody unless they have specific plans for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shard posted:

I wonder who the unhappy AEW talent would be

Hangman