Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Gumo, I first heard the term "Schlüsselkind" as a Deutschrap-Diss and thought it meant "you're a kid that your parents meticulously planned at a key point of their lives and careers, so now you're a spoiled Einzelkind raised by nanny and helicopter's to hell lmao loser"

It took me until I read "latchkey kid" somewhere else to investigate

Anyway I kinda fit both definitions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Talk about a Schlüsselposting

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah

im again in the weird spot where our draconian measures never changed, sometimes I have the feeling I'll never see some nette Kollegen again :/

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

morning Germany thread, haven't been posting here for a while, what's the latest?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Goons Are Great posted:

morning Germany thread, haven't been posting here for a while, what's the latest?

We're waiting for our new government to be finalized, and the fourth COVID wave is in full swing.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Goons Are Great posted:

Es ist scheiße, was zum Teufel

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Things are somehow still going downhill, when last I looked we were still down in the dumps.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

tuo posted:

It gives the Union that warm feeling from past elections

Entire country red, black and purple, no green and yellow, looks like Ampelkoalition is fully dead now

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Goons Are Great posted:

Hey GaG, how are the ants? :)

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Speaking of going scheiße, I can report back from being in German quarantine due to a noticable COVID infection with medium symptoms a few weeks ago despite being fully vaccinated and after going through the bureaucratic process that is receiving and dealing with an Ordnungsverfügung and people in the Amt being genuinely surprised that you can catch this with symptoms despite vaccination (one girl didn't believe me I received my second shot half a year ago), I am happy to be out of the Fleischwolf

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

aphid_licker posted:

Hey GaG, how are the ants? :)

Oh they're asleep already, usually I try to tuck them in by end of October or November and with this year's autumn being almost surprisingly normal in terms of temperature, I send them into their winter bed a while ago. They grew massively and are absolutely everywhere though and I do plan for next spring to expand their kingdom drastically, get some sort of Garten somewhere and allow them to rule over that. Their numbers start to exceed my ability to provide proper housing

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Goons Are Great posted:

Dinge sind gefickt hoch.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
situation normal, alles abgefickt

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Nice that I have to go to an irl offsite retreat with the whole department for two and a half days now that the vierte Welle is in full force. 3G+ will regel that surely, lol

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

When a friend of mine who got tested positive alongside me called the Gesundheitsamt to let someone know that he's indeed positive, he was told to take it to his doctor. He didn't have a festen Hausarzt so called a random one nearby, who said yeah no, not interested in pcr testing you, do it in some Testzentrum and he was like, uhh, well I would and I'm happy to pay for it but the next one is not here and I have to go out and take the train and doctor said, yeah that's fine, just do it, don't worry.

Having mild doubts about this idea, he then called the Amt again who said it's fine if that's what the doctor says go and do it, stop calling here.
Still not believing in this bright idea he called the same number on the Amt again and landed with a different guy and he said lol no, never go out if you have any kind of suspicion, we gonna send someone to test. That did happen, he was PCR positive and quarantine happened afterwards.

So yeah, if you're wondering who is keeping this ship afloat next to Querdenker and whatnot, it's also people who accidentally become superspreaders by being told to do dumb stuff.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Randler posted:

Trust only your masks, policy will never help you.

Oh my, now there's a thread title to get us off the unnecessary optimism (and obscenity) of the current title.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

thread title getting us off, got it

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Goons Are Great posted:

Oh they're asleep already, usually I try to tuck them in by end of October or November and with this year's autumn being almost surprisingly normal in terms of temperature, I send them into their winter bed a while ago. They grew massively and are absolutely everywhere though and I do plan for next spring to expand their kingdom drastically, get some sort of Garten somewhere and allow them to rule over that. Their numbers start to exceed my ability to provide proper housing

So you're basically releasing them?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Goons Are Great posted:

When a friend of mine who got tested positive alongside me called the Gesundheitsamt to let someone know that he's indeed positive, he was told to take it to his doctor. He didn't have a festen Hausarzt so called a random one nearby, who said yeah no, not interested in pcr testing you, do it in some Testzentrum and he was like, uhh, well I would and I'm happy to pay for it but the next one is not here and I have to go out and take the train and doctor said, yeah that's fine, just do it, don't worry.

Having mild doubts about this idea, he then called the Amt again who said it's fine if that's what the doctor says go and do it, stop calling here.
Still not believing in this bright idea he called the same number on the Amt again and landed with a different guy and he said lol no, never go out if you have any kind of suspicion, we gonna send someone to test. That did happen, he was PCR positive and quarantine happened afterwards.

So yeah, if you're wondering who is keeping this ship afloat next to Querdenker and whatnot, it's also people who accidentally become superspreaders by being told to do dumb stuff.

Absolutely nobody in this country knows what they're doing at this point, or more like this has always been the case and we're now realizing it fully. Imo.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

aphid_licker posted:

Absolutely nobody in this country knows what they're doing at this point, or more like this has always been the case and we're now realizing it fully. Imo.

Was already pretty obvious around the era of face-shields imo

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

aphid_licker posted:

So you're basically releasing them?

Practically, yes, several reasons for that actually but I still plan to keep taking care of them, let them keep their nest, offer food and stuff, only with an option for them to go out and hunt in the wilderness that is a hopefully nice German garden. If they plan to leave me forever then, that is their right as lawful Germans :haibrower:

I actually wasn't able to take good care of them for a few months because I've been in and out of hospitals the past year (and will be for the foreseeable future) and while I did keep them well kept by a friend, it's not ideal. I'm worried they might suffer from me being unable to really create a good environment for them as I'm not at home, so I figured it's probably best to find a compromise between dumping them in a forest and me keeping them at home properly.

That is also because I have a bunch of other animals and want even more that wouldn't be happy in a glass box, so a well-kept garden is probably the better way for everyone

Barbelith
Oct 23, 2010

SMILE
Taco Defender

genericnick posted:

Love 2G. Would certainly have been a good idea two months ago. Here in Schnitzelland all the cashiers stopped wearing masks a few days ago since apparently they accidentally on purpose removed the mask requirements for them when they introduced the new regulations? Good work everyone.

Wait what now? :psyboom:
(There still is no 2G at the Arbeitsplatz, btw)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Goons Are Great posted:

I can totally sympathize with the first Amt guy. Imagine you are trying to play Snake on your Nokia 3210 and some weird dude keeps calling you and getting on your nerves about random crap. Just handle it yourself, you are a grown rear end man

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
As far as I can tell the Gesundheitsämter have been totally leaderless for a while now as politicians just aren't doing anything. Imagine working there, surrounded by blaring klaxons and strobing alarm lights as you watch all indicators of a serious health crisis worsening day after day, and you ask your Vorgesetzter what to do and they just shrug because their Vorgesetzter doesn't know either.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh my, now there's a thread title to get us off the unnecessary optimism (and obscenity) of the current title.

There's a (goon made) shirt to go with that

https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/no-one

:rubby:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

As far as I can tell the Gesundheitsämter have been totally leaderless for a while now as politicians just aren't doing anything. Imagine working there, surrounded by blaring klaxons and strobing alarm lights as you watch all indicators of a serious health crisis worsening day after day, and you ask your Vorgesetzter what to do and they just shrug because their Vorgesetzter doesn't know either.

The only alarms that go off in any Amt in Germany are when somebody is working either too fast or too efficiently. And also the alarm is then sent by Fax.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Goons Are Great posted:

Practically, yes, several reasons for that actually but I still plan to keep taking care of them, let them keep their nest, offer food and stuff, only with an option for them to go out and hunt in the wilderness that is a hopefully nice German garden. If they plan to leave me forever then, that is their right as lawful Germans :haibrower:

I actually wasn't able to take good care of them for a few months because I've been in and out of hospitals the past year (and will be for the foreseeable future) and while I did keep them well kept by a friend, it's not ideal. I'm worried they might suffer from me being unable to really create a good environment for them as I'm not at home, so I figured it's probably best to find a compromise between dumping them in a forest and me keeping them at home properly.

That is also because I have a bunch of other animals and want even more that wouldn't be happy in a glass box, so a well-kept garden is probably the better way for everyone

Ah, that's a cool idea. Not being sure that I'd be able to take proper care definitely weighed on my mind heavily when I thought about getting ants.

The already resident ant colonies of your garden won't know what hit them tho :v:

All the best for your health situation <3

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Hey guys, should I make a poll somewhere with the thread name options from a couple pages back or have we grown bored with them? There was some nice stuff in there.

I could do it after work if there's at least vague interest :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

still the clear top runner imo but poll away.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

aphid_licker posted:

Hey guys, should I make a poll somewhere with the thread name options from a couple pages back or have we grown bored with them? There was some nice stuff in there.

I could do it after work if there's at least vague interest :v:

There were some pretty good ones, and the current title is outdated. A poll sounds like a good idea.

Loki Kunti
Mar 31, 2010
Please make voting in the poll only accessible via fax and only between 10:45 and 11:25.
Wo kommen wir denn sonst hin.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The thread title should consist of two parts, and we have an Erst and a Zweitstimme for each part to make it more realistic.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

tuo posted:

The thread title should consist of two parts, and we have an Erst and a Zweitstimme for each part to make it more realistic.

This is a seriously good idea, just imagine the kind of horrors this can produce

e: we should do a poll on whether to use this idea

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I will be sure to make it amusingly unusable

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

:haibrower:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

an reddit posted:

I'm Dutch. What kind of German 'dirty talk' would you recommend to horrify my girlfriend? (self.germany)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

See thread title for ideas

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Would be fine with just putting Scheisse/Teufel if there is no dissent, although overcomplicating things would be very deutsch

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Goons Are Great posted:

Grüße und Wohlergehen :wave:

Tin Tim posted:

The first Schmuddelfilm I ever saw on TV (think in the stlye of like Schulmädchen-Report) had a guy say "Kleines ich mach dir den Rammler, dabei klatschen meine Eier schön an deine Muschi". For some reason I've never forgotten that sentence and sometimes dwell on its literary power and grace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

aphid_licker posted:

Ah, that's a cool idea. Not being sure that I'd be able to take proper care definitely weighed on my mind heavily when I thought about getting ants.

The already resident ant colonies of your garden won't know what hit them tho :v:

All the best for your health situation <3

I'm obsessed with ants, clearly :dance:

I'm gonna go and scout the area intensively before finding a spot for them and gonna time it with spring, when many nests just wake up and get into moving mode to minimize my impact on wild nests as well as make sure mine don't get invaded the second I place them there. I hope it works out! The ant thread will definitely be an eye witness

GABA ghoul posted:

This is powerful