Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Charles Bukowski posted:

He and Serendi seem to make a good duo.

Not sure why, unless you mean that Rage has a Serendi bonus. You can pretty much ignore those. Most heroes have an S rating in cooperation, which means their functional cooperation bonus goes up a whole 10% when they do a coop attack, since their effectiveness goes from C to SS, as far as I know, and coop bonus increases it by two ranks. It caps out at 80% of Attack, and he starts at 70% with everybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

Not sure why, unless you mean that Rage has a Serendi bonus. You can pretty much ignore those. Most heroes have an S rating in cooperation, which means their functional cooperation bonus goes up a whole 10% when they do a coop attack, since their effectiveness goes from C to SS, as far as I know, and coop bonus increases it by two ranks. It caps out at 80% of Attack, and he starts at 70% with everybody.

Speaking of, isn't there an exception who has a B in cooperation, despite literally using cooperation as their skill gimmick damage boost?

Some of the design decisions in FWT are just so bizarre

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Speaking of, isn't there an exception who has a B in cooperation, despite literally using cooperation as their skill gimmick damage boost?

Some of the design decisions in FWT are just so bizarre

A, actually. Fruel. His capped out first skill gets +19% damage if someone else cooperates with it. I guess he's just a selfish bastard.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Double posting, but this is actually kind of important. anybody who's hurting for gold, don't be neglecting the current gold event. You can rake in a pretty consistent 50k autoing a chaos boss stage on island 6+, and not much less for Hard and Hell. Unless you really need the mats, I wouldn't be bothering much with nepthys beyond coocoos during this event.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

Double posting, but this is actually kind of important. anybody who's hurting for gold, don't be neglecting the current gold event. You can rake in a pretty consistent 50k autoing a chaos boss stage on island 6+, and not much less for Hard and Hell. Unless you really need the mats, I wouldn't be bothering much with nepthys beyond coocoos during this event.

Nep aint bad; at stage 10 you can bring in 70K from one finish. It can be difficult if you haven't maxed AoE characters like Alfred and/or have no aoe friends (like Yekaterina) though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Nep aint bad; at stage 10 you can bring in 70K from one finish. It can be difficult if you haven't maxed AoE characters like Alfred and/or have no aoe friends (like Yekaterina) though.

Oh no, I don't mean the sunday only dungeons. I mean refining mats and rebirth golems. The sunday only dungeons are worth doing, period. The mana rock dungeon is even worth resetting once you have it at 10. 20 crystals for 3000 mana rocks is literally the only conversion rate you can get, and isn't that bad, considering the rate you get them at normally.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/5500-%3CUpdate-Preview-#2>-Battle-of-Honor-Renewal-

:wtc:

Belle is a BoH hero and cost 240 genes to unlock. I still have 3 weeks left to unlock Persona and now I have to juggle between Belle and diamonds. I really need to break past the 0.8% - 1% ranking.

edit: Just noticed the 3 coin reward per win. Good bye weekend PvP only.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 25, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

edit: Just noticed the 3 coin reward per win. Good bye weekend PvP only.

on the up side, not only will you be getting 3 coins per win and 1 coin per loss, you'll be increasing your participation bonus at the same time.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Set list is out for the next week.

If you're gonna be making pulls, I'd be making them 10x three star pulls. Tiger Claw Tribe Guardian was turned into an excellent A-rank set in the update, and both Wilderness Desperado and Beast Rain Project Prototype were good all along, all three are excellent sets in pretty much every respect.

Two star is less amazing, because the A-rank is best as a 2-piece to give your area attackers extra MP, but Extra Curriculum is such a good set for all purposes that it may make it worth it to have too many Ancient Witch pieces and just pitch the extras for alchemy gauge and modification pots. Just remember to boost them to pink before extracting them.

Slime King's Dignity is amazing now, but the other two sets at 1 star are trash, the A-rank at 4 star is trash. The five star sets are all okay to great, but Sione's Ominous Prophecy is only good as a full set, so beware there. I wouldn't bother unless you're already packing partials on all three and want to try for Eldrika's.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
Are there enough people playing that it's worth creating a 2nd Goon Guild you think?

Also; is there a goon chat channel in particular you guys tend to use for guild overflow? I've not seen a message in Channel 91 all day, there seem to be plenty of completely unused channels.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Foppington posted:

Are there enough people playing that it's worth creating a 2nd Goon Guild you think?

Also; is there a goon chat channel in particular you guys tend to use for guild overflow? I've not seen a message in Channel 91 all day, there seem to be plenty of completely unused channels.

I think nobody really uses alternate channels because you have to change it every time, or so it seemed when I tried it.

I think we had all the goons that idled out come back, we'd have enough goons for two guilds, but as it stands, I was often able to remove one idle goon for every goon that wanted in.

People who are active but not in the goon guild, by all means, speak up.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm trying to do Tower of Dawn, Floor 15. All my dudes are stuck on a little strip of land that they can't move off. Is the only way to do this map, or similar maps, to recruit that phoenix party member?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

I'm trying to do Tower of Dawn, Floor 15. All my dudes are stuck on a little strip of land that they can't move off. Is the only way to do this map, or similar maps, to recruit that phoenix party member?

End your turn if you can't attack any of them and platforms will appear on turn 2. There are plenty of maps like these in ToD where platforms won't spawn until a certain turn. It's either endure whatever they toss at you until you can move OR take advantage of the enemies isolated on their own platforms.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

End your turn if you can't attack any of them and platforms will appear on turn 2. There are plenty of maps like these in ToD where platforms won't spawn until a certain turn. It's either endure whatever they toss at you until you can move OR take advantage of the enemies isolated on their own platforms.

Yep, platforms that only appear over time is a pretty big part of Tower of Dawn. Also, unlike what you'd think, winged characters in FWT can't cross map gaps or other impassable terrain. Poni is stymied by swamps and water just as much as any other character.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Well, it's good to know, I didn't want to level the dumb bird.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Goal is SS Ashan before Moon Island unlocks seems like it will be tougher than I thought.

All I have left is:

Ashen-8 Hard, Hell, Chaos
Ashen-12 Chaos

Ashen-8 seems doable. Hell is just annoying due to swamp. I almost did Chaos, but Elektra got one-shot due to poor placement.

Ashen-12 Chaos on the other hand...that stage is a nightmare thanks to completely separating the boss area with swamp tiles. Guess I'll need to build up my Mu and hope I can beat the stage in 10 turns with ???, Mu, Serendi, Gillan, and Jack (who I can get over gap with a merc swap)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Translation of the new update is up, including details of next month's event and new items in the mix.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FantasyWarTactics/comments/4gorq3/april_28th_updatetranslation/

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Belle sounds kind of terrible. Like a Maz with even less damage and less focused healing.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Belle sounds kind of terrible. Like a Maz with even less damage and less focused healing.

On the other hand, she can remove enemy buffs and friendly debuffs, which are pretty rare effects. That's more than enough to make her an automatic "get to five stars ASAP", just for use in Tower.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Oh no, they removed Belle's reflect skill. No more PvP hilarity by stacking 2 damage reflect buffs.

Christ, another shop event. Time for more item potential rolling.

edit: New event set is nice.

1* S rank

Mace/Shoes/Necklace

Balance Type Only

2pc - Attack +320
3pc - Defense +750

Somefool fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 27, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Oh no, they removed Belle's reflect skill. No more PvP hilarity by stacking 2 damage reflect buffs.

Christ, another shop event. Time for more item potential rolling.

edit: New event set is nice.

1* S rank

Mace/Shoes/Necklace

Balance Type Only

2pc - Attack +320
3pc - Defense +750

Not as good as it looks, as that's a really anti-synergistic combo for base items. You lose hit/crit, gain probably 350 attack total, and probably come out a net of +500ish defense and some dodge, compared to Sword/Bow + Armor + Necklace. Technically you also get +Counter Damage, but that's not terribly important to most people.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Once again, :wtc:

Why on earth is the iOS update 884 MB?

Also BoH turn bug has been fixed.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

NinjaDebugger posted:

Not as good as it looks, as that's a really anti-synergistic combo for base items. You lose hit/crit, gain probably 350 attack total, and probably come out a net of +500ish defense and some dodge, compared to Sword/Bow + Armor + Necklace. Technically you also get +Counter Damage, but that's not terribly important to most people.

You're a statistics monster, I'm impressed how well you see things blend together.

Could I get a few tips on how to equip my base team? (Jack/Deb/Carrot/Mu/Serendi) As well as ideal item potentials?

Also character potential tips would be welcome also!

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So I'm actually going to advise against getting the set, not because it's mediocre, but because it cost 1200 AA per piece. The event last 12 days and there are more important things to spend your AA on.

Definitely save up for the Diamonds and Perfect Genes because they are extremely useful and hard to obtain normally.

Devil's Soul and Ian's costume are next. If you can somehow manage to still save up 3600 AA after buying all that, then go for it.

Also buy every daily item, because they're all useful.

edit: USE ALL YOUR HONOR SWORDS

I know some people don't like to PvP but you should heavily consider using up all your swords at every chance you get.

Thanks to this patch, you get 3 Honor Coins for winning and 1 HC for losing. This is really good because if you participate in 100 battles per week, you can earn anywhere from 200 HC by losing all 100 matches or 400 HC by winning all 100 matches. Either way, it's a lot of HC and really for newer players who can't reach a high ranking position.

If you really hate PvP, at least randomly pick an opponent and set the match to auto.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Apr 28, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Really digging the look of Ian's new costume. Nexon does a great job with the aesthetics of some things.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I can't do the math right now, but I was thinking about potentials, the diminishing returns of Defense, and Defence vs Damage Subtraction.

The difference between a Def of 7,333 and 7,588 is roughly 1% (~51 and 52 %). Where is the break point in Def where you trade in your potentials for +350 - +400 def to damage subtraction?

At the def 51% I moved all +def to -dmg on Chris

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Helical Nightmares posted:

I can't do the math right now, but I was thinking about potentials, the diminishing returns of Defense, and Defence vs Damage Subtraction.

The difference between a Def of 7,333 and 7,588 is roughly 1% (~51 and 52 %). Where is the break point in Def where you trade in your potentials for +350 - +400 def to damage subtraction?

At the def 51% I moved all +def to -dmg on Chris

Never trade your +Def to -Dmg. Even if you're only gettin half a percent worth of damage reduction out of that +Defense, that's still going to be nearly as much damage reduction as the -Damage gets you, and it also acts as a buffer against defense reduction and defense ignore. It takes something like 23000 defense to hit 70% defense, but only like 12000 to hit 65%, and like 10000 to hit 60%. If you're at 70% and get hit with an attack that has 5000 defense ignore, you're going to take about 2.5% more damage. Get hit with the same attack when you're at 60% and you're going to eat like 20% more damage.

Foppington posted:

You're a statistics monster, I'm impressed how well you see things blend together.

Could I get a few tips on how to equip my base team? (Jack/Deb/Carrot/Mu/Serendi) As well as ideal item potentials?

Also character potential tips would be welcome also!

The general rule for equips is Bow/Armor/Ring for DPS, Sword/Armor/Brooch for tanks (as tanks tend to have poo poo hit rates). You have two people on your main team that break that rule. Carrot is so fragile that if anything hits her she's probably going to explode, so stack boots and dodge on her, and Serendi's a bit less fragile, but still pretty bad, and also wants to maintain her HP at 80% or higher, so going boots on her is a valid choice.

The other rule is, equip just enough necklaces to get to approximately 100% Mastery. Every 100 mastery you get, up to the cap, is about an extra half percent of damage. Characters that start down 2800 mastery from the magic 10k mark will do between 72 and 100% damage on their attacks. Getting mastery to 100% changes that to a flat 100% damage.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

NinjaDebugger posted:

The other rule is, equip just enough necklaces to get to approximately 100% Mastery. Every 100 mastery you get, up to the cap, is about an extra half percent of damage. Characters that start down 2800 mastery from the magic 10k mark will do between 72 and 100% damage on their attacks. Getting mastery to 100% changes that to a flat 100% damage.

Anyway I can find some accessories? The find rate on them is very low, the only ones I received were from the last potion event.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Thanks man!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Foppington posted:

Anyway I can find some accessories? The find rate on them is very low, the only ones I received were from the last potion event.

The easiest way to get them is gacha, but also most expensive. You'll get a very few as achievement or specific level rewards for first time beats, but otherwise, you're stuck with events and the Sphinx's Maze on sundays, where you'll get probably 1 accessory (unenchanted) per 10 runs or so.

Once you've got your expedition rewards and lord masteries, it's valid, though not super recommended, to drop some gems into gacha pulls of whatever level you need more accessories on.

The other thing you can do is make sure you're refining gear up to blue before you alchemize it. That way, you can turn normal poo poo + energy in nepthys into platinum gear, which has pretty good odds of being a platinum accessory.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
God the new PvP map is awful, any tips?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Mardragon posted:

God the new PvP map is awful, any tips?

Slot 1: DPS
Slot 2: Main tank
Slot 3: Off tank
Slot 4: Someone with decent movement who can show up late to one of the other fights and make it no longer a fight.

Your DPS should move towards whichever side it can score a quick kill on. From there, tactics depend on what happens. You can send somebody out to fetch the group heal in the center if they get stranded, or if you need the heal to keep someone alive until you can get support to them.

MMania
May 7, 2008
Haha, of course Belle's buff/debuff removal is tied to skill level. Have fun spending a year PVP-ing to get those up to 100%. My math may be off, you do get waay more medals now.

Oh, and shouldn't all characters get brooches? I thought +dmg from HP on accessories made the HP you got from brooches give you more consistent damage than the crit rating from rings (if you don't have pink +dmg% and +atk% on all your gear and you can burn potions fishing for +critical dmg%)? Not to mention you do 0 damage when your dude dies.

Foppington posted:

I've been playing for ~2 months and I have at least 5 accessories for each level without running Sphinx or doing pulls, they come eventually just from normal play.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Current PvP map is great because if the enemy goes first, my Chenny gets to nuke 2 heroes at once and anyone still alive gets cleaned up by Muzaka. :allears:

Currently getting a bunch of easy wins because people haven't changed their party positions to fit the current map.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Currently getting a bunch of easy wins because people haven't changed their party positions to fit the current map.

The top tiers all seem to have switched to the layout above.

Incidentally, I've broken into the top 50. I doubt I'll be able to stay there sunday night, but usually I'm sitting around 100-150 on thursday night, so this is progress.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MMania posted:

Oh, and shouldn't all characters get brooches? I thought +dmg from HP on accessories made the HP you got from brooches give you more consistent damage than the crit rating from rings (if you don't have pink +dmg% and +atk% on all your gear and you can burn potions fishing for +critical dmg%)? Not to mention you do 0 damage when your dude dies.

The extra HP are functionally irrelevant in PVP, and in PVE you have grace. That said, all brooches and fishing for max HP->Attack conversions is a valid tactic, and my pov has become somewhat skewed because I'm at the highest ranks of PVP, where your main concern is not getting oneshotted by people who have disadvantage, to say nothing of people who are neutral or have advantage on you.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Been trying to SS Ashan 10-12 Chaos.

Been using Deborah, Chenny, Serendi, Jack, Gillan, with Serendi friend to help ferry Jack across swamp patch.

On my last Serendi friend, I got a chain of good luck and managed to get one turn away from finishing. Only boss and Sonic Boom left.

Sonic Boom proceeds to avoid 2 CC's, not die from Jack, and then insta-kills Jack.

gently caress

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Honestly if I could, I would totally run Sraka and Sonic together in PvP just for the RNG insta deaths. :unsmigghh:

Can't wait for the later stages to have insta death gimmicks because they can't keep making HP sponge enemies with high attack.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Finally beat it!

Moving onto Moon Island, already SS stage 1, and stage 2 seems doable (plenty of turns).

Klein's stage seems like it is going to be a nightmare to SS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

DontMindMe posted:

Finally beat it!

Moving onto Moon Island, already SS stage 1, and stage 2 seems doable (plenty of turns).

Klein's stage seems like it is going to be a nightmare to SS

Klein's stages are easier than Azrael's. In fact, they're easier than Hella's.

I am literally SS on Azrael Chaos away from getting Sione.

• Locked thread