Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus is a treasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Bengals seem to hit good WR/DL talent and every other position is used to shore up special teams.

i generally agree with this which is why its absolutely baffling to me that john ross has basically been non-existent.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-2hJ7ZYBT2Xpm34

quote:

Bruce Arians: I'd only come out of retirement for Browns

For what its worth.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

almost every single major contributor to that superbowl win was drafted or signed under harbaugh, that doesnt really mesh with a weird revisionist inherited a superbowl team idea. whatever you think about him now its absurd to claim he didn't make that ravens team much, much better. It had not had a deep playoff run since 2003 and went on 5 in a row including a superbowl as soon as he arrived

since you are a dunce yourself this isn't me arguing about the here and now I just take exception to you claiming he just lucked into a great team or something. The team very obviously became better after he arrived, irrespective of if you think hes not the coach they need going forward.

still, as much as you can credit Harbaugh for making the ravens a superbowl-winning team years ago, you also kind of have to blame him when they've been consistently bad for years (missing the playoffs consecutively is bad for the ravens)

it could be he use to be a good coach and he's just been left behind the league.

or he's the type of coach who can elevate talent around him but cant compensate for good talent.

I'd say it's a sort of Andy-Reid-fired-from-eagles situation, except harbaugh is nowhere near as good of a coach as andy reid who is second only to bill belichick right now.

god i can't believe i'm agreeing with kawalimus's histrionics.

e: also, as far as specific complaints to have about coaching, we seem to be loving awful at scheming our receiving options open. from my idiot brain view there is never any loving separation from receivers. Flacco is at his best when he can take deep shots on go routes but still has a safety valve from a good possession tight end or rb like Heap or ray rice. I think this is a consequence of harbaugh just not prioritizing a talented offensive coordinator, or maybe whiffing on good TEs every loving year for the past 10 years or something.

that said the state of our special teams right now is loving unforgivable considering that's harbaugh's one expertise.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 6, 2018

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

I don't think a couple blocked kicks in a season is a particularly meaningful indictment of a coach when we have like 10 other seasons of it not happening. Its pretty clearly just lovely luck. Unless you meant something else

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 6, 2018

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Cart Mountain posted:

i generally agree with this which is why its absolutely baffling to me that john ross has basically been non-existent.
Seems like the mid round WRs that draft were the good ones.

Also it seems like Ross can't handle the pressure, like every season Agholor minus last year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ross is a head case. When he's healthy he gives up on routes and he seems to take himself out of games. Our offence can limp along minus AJ or minus Eifert, but not both.

So frustrating that of the past 3 years the only one we have significant injury issues is the only one with an otherwise competitive roster. They can still make the postseason, but they likely wouldn't be favored over anyone and the attrition can't get any worse.

Seems like 2014 all over again, only in 14 the '10 and '11 draft classes we've built the roster on was entering its prime, not exiting.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The root of Kawalimus insane spiels is that he has always overestimated how good the players on the Ravens are, particularly their offense. No coach in the NFL could get a top 10 offense out of the personnel on that roster.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The root of Kawalimus insane spiels is that he has always overestimated how good the players on the Ravens are, particularly their offense. No coach in the NFL could get a top 10 offense out of the personnel on that roster.

Yes they could if the running game were better. They would be top 10 easily. If we got Leveon Bell.

Also in 2014 the personnel was a few notches worse than now and they were 8th in pts 12th in yards. Thats because we had Gary Kubiak.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Nov 6, 2018

Nov 6, 2002

Kawalimus posted:

Yes they could if the running game were better. They would be top 10 easily. If we got Leveon Bell.

Wow, if you improved the personnel by adding one of the best running backs in football your offense would be better?????? loving genius!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Wow, if you improved the personnel by adding one of the best running backs in football your offense would be better?????? loving genius!

Doesn't help the Giants

Nov 6, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Doesn't help the Giants

Without Barkley they would be the Bills.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Without Barkley they would be the Bills.

That's a lateral step

Nov 6, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's a lateral step

You haven't watched Buffalo I see.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

In 2014 our runner was Justin Forsett.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You haven't watched Buffalo I see.

My self-loathing has not hit this low.

That said the giants are horrific.

Nov 6, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

My self-loathing has not hit this low.

That said the giants are horrific.

And yet...

Points scored
27. Giants - 150
28. Raiders - 141
29. Titans - 134
29. Jags - 134
31. Cardinals - 110
32. Bills - 96

And the Bills have played one more game than the Giants!

They bad.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

This years Bills are one of those teams that is a special kind of awful that only comes along once in a while like the...previous 2 years of the Browns. Oh.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

This years Bills are one of those teams that is a special kind of awful that only comes along once in a while like the...previous 2 years of the Browns. Oh.

And yet...

Points scored
27. Giants - 150
32. Bills - 96

And the Bills have played one more game than the Giants!

They bad.

2017 Browns scored 119 points by this time in the season (with one less game)
2016 Browns scored 168

Either of the previous 2 years of The Browns would have beaten this year's Bills and it wouldn't have been close

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

If Kawalimus pining for Marvin Lewis to replace Harbaugh doesn't convince you he's a gimmick troll then nothing ever will and you'll keep falling for his bullshit forever.

Anyway, Bell will come back and the Steelers will ride the Bell/Conner wishbone all the way to the superbowl, this is the future and it is good.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

in like 2009 or something i thought kawalimus was a troll, i googled his name and found a baltimore sun account with like 40k+ posts all saying the same stuff he was saying here

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

2017 Browns scored 119 points by this time in the season (with one less game)
2016 Browns scored 168

Either of the previous 2 years of The Browns would have beaten this year's Bills and it wouldn't have been close

:stare: Mother of God

Doctor Syrup posted:

If Kawalimus pining for Marvin Lewis to replace Harbaugh doesn't convince you he's a gimmick troll then nothing ever will and you'll keep falling for his bullshit forever.

Anyway, Bell will come back and the Steelers will ride the Bell/Conner wishbone all the way to the superbowl, this is the future and it is good.

When I read the words "I wish we had Marvin Lewis" I very nearly called him out as flying too close to the sun in his trolling

Also I kind of "get" his 12 dimensional math, it's like the prodromal schizophrenia post about "getting" fyad and it makes me a bit nervous

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ghost Dog posted:

in like 2009 or something i thought kawalimus was a troll, i googled his name and found a baltimore sun account with like 40k+ posts all saying the same stuff he was saying here

lmao

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Ghost Dog posted:

Hell yes

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ghost Dog posted:

link

e: unless you mean his real name I guess, in which case don't dox him (PM me)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I don’t think Pop Dog has access to his real name or at least I hope not

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Well it would add a whole new dimension to the rivalry

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i do not, and i think the suns forum no longer exists? we are steam friends tho so its basically the same as being his blood relative but Not as close a relationship as being his roommate/caregiver

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

i do not, and i think the suns forum no longer exists? we are steam friends tho so its basically the same as being his blood relative but Not as close a relationship as being his roommate/caregiver

They ditched them about a year ago I think, posters on Russellstreetreport we're warning everyone about the influx of new Sun board level posters (and RSR posters are a low loving bar).

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ghost Dog posted:

poo poo, if you're steam friends you could basically ask him to cosign a home equity loan

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

Lol, I thought he was a troll because it felt like he came out of nowhere to start doing his lovely gimmick to the O's and Caps in their respective sports threads.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I do think Marvin Lewis is a great coach. He has gotten some pretty great results with a bad ownership situation in Cincinnati and iirc he basically does all the drafting too. No he hasn't had success in the playoffs but I don't think there's some magical reason why he couldn't. Plus he has a history with the Ravens and has shown he can develop offensive talent which is the kind of guy we need. He is the coach I want here.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I do think Marvin Lewis is a great coach. He has gotten some pretty great results with a bad ownership situation in Cincinnati and iirc he basically does all the drafting too. No he hasn't had success in the playoffs but I don't think there's some magical reason why he couldn't. Plus he has a history with the Ravens and has shown he can develop offensive talent which is the kind of guy we need. He is the coach I want here.

marvin lewis is a marginally more successful version of rex ryan.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Some times kawalimus laughs very loud at the posts.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

Some times kawalimus laughs very loud at the posts.

I admit that the image of myself pounding the table and screaming "ADJUST!!!!!!"( enraged-spitting black coffee) as a reaction to bad play by the Ravens, made me laugh quite a bit :D

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 8, 2018

schmug
May 20, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

lol-what?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Look at AJ Green, Dalton, Bernard and all those other running backs they've had there. I think he's done a very good job drafting talent like Jonathan Joseph used to kill the Ravens every time. Marvin Lewis has engineered one of the most embarrassing parts of the Ravens which is that the Ravens have a losing record to the Cincinnati Bengals franchise. And that hurts as he was a big part of our first SB year ever. I believe Marvin Lewis is a SB-caliber coach. If Carson Palmer didn't get hurt that year who knows? That Bengals job was considered like a Raiders or Browns job. But he made it work.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

A big flaming stink posted:

marvin lewis is a marginally more successful version of rex ryan.

Rex took Sanchise to two championship games.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Eifert Posting posted:

Rex took Sanchise to two championship games.

Was it this, or was it the other way around, man? Like whooooaa.

Can someone other than Kawalimus pinpoint for me what exactly are Harbaugh's flaws? I haven't watched a ton of Ravens games but there doesn't seem to be anything glaring. Or is this just an Andy Reid situation where he needs somewhere to go and reset?

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Nov 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Quiet Feet posted:

Was it this, or was it the other way around, man? Like whooooaa.

Can someone other than Kawalimus pinpoint for me what exactly are Harbaugh's flaws? I haven't watched a ton of Ravens games but there doesn't seem to be anything glaring. Or is this just an Andy Reid situation where he needs somewhere to go and reset?

quote is not edit