Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Payndz posted:

Astruc put a "But is that the case?" :smug: reply to someone who said that on Twitter, which considering that Felix is there he might have a point. We saw Gabe get his wish, to be reunited with Emilie, after all - just maybe not in the way he'd originally intended.

Whatever happens next is going to be a new challenge for the writers, because literally everything from the original premise has changed. Marinette and Adrien are together, no more love square, no Gabriel, Lila is the new Big Bad (or is she?), all the kids are full-time heroes, Chloe is gone (and has lost all her power even if she returns), Caline is mayor, the whole world (or at least Paris, which in this show is basically the same thing) has changed for the better compared to the neoliberal hellscape that is reality... It'll effectively be a new show.

Good point, but considering Lila has the Butterfly Miraculous now and her whole existence is still a huge question mark I’m not sure who else it could be (also Time Tagger did say there was a Hawkmoth in the future who wasn’t Gabe) though there was that weird blue flash at the end that seemed to freak her out a bit. And yeah, I’ll be interested to see how the whole Emile thing plays out

So yeah, Lila is either going to be the new big bad or the servant of a new villain that even she seems afraid of

Assuming it is true I’ll be curious to see what they do with Lila (or whoever she actually is) going forward since from what we’ve seen she’s basically pure evil and doesn’t really seem to have a goal aside from sowing chaos. Also interestingly enough she seemed to be immune to Gabe’s nightmare spell (and most of his powers throughout the series for that matter)

Provided Miraculous World: London is still a thing there’s a chance we might see Chloe again (though as you said, she’s been effectively declawed now)

Also I assume Marinette told Alya about Lady Dragon off camera because I’m pretty sure the latter did not have a big (if any) role in the Shanghai special. I don’t exactly trust Tomoe either since she was a willing accomplice in Gabe’s plans and isn’t really any better than he is

Also with an 8th season now confirmed I’ll be curious to see how much longer they continue to milk this series for. Though aside from an out of continuity PSA special in September we won’t be seeing Season 6 until next year (with a major increase in animation quality going by an earlier tweet).

Assuming there are no more delays I expect the English version to finish up by August at the latest

Larryb fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m also curious how the show is going to maintain any sort of stakes now that Paris has an entire superhero team defending it (including ones that now have permanent access to Second Chance and Burrow)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Have gotten to watch Part 2, here are some spoiler moments that floored me:

Infinite Lucky charms is far too dangerous, summoning pianos out of the ether is pure comedy.

Plagg, the God of Destruction, destroyer of worlds and Cheese, his true form is slightly terrifying.

I think Lia got transported to the future in a last ditch effort to stop all these heroes in the present, time travel and dimensional nonsense to be a big issue.

Well, that truly was some "That was the rushed end of my show season." It feels like they wanted their idea to play out and not get tainted by studio meddling.

Even with 3 new seasons, it feels like you have to keep to the new movie and side step everything that happened in season 5.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m pretty sure the movie is its own continuity and won’t have anything to do with the show going forward (it’s basically just an alternate origin story)

Also poor Nooroo, they seem destined to only ever being wielded by terrible people

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, the rest of the English dub for Season 5 will start dropping on D+ beginning on the 19th:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1675533874573475841

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

Note to those going chronologically: The following takes place between Protection and Emotion, however there are only 3 episodes left until we’re fully caught up with what’s been released so far (the first two of which will air back to back on April 16th)

Adoration: Huh, the rumor about Zoe being in love with Marinette was actually true (though it was handled well at least). We also see her act a lot more assertive with Chloe (even getting one over on her for a change), Chloe actually do something villainous again (even though it was technically Lyla’s plan), Marinette finally confessing to Adrien, and learn Gabe apparently had some weird psychic link to the latter

This finally aired on Disney Now this weekend.

We've known Gabriel has the ability to control Adrien through his and his wife's wedding rings for awhile now, since at least last season. He gave Natalie one of them so that she could do the same if he were to die or otherwise be incapacitated but she's decided to be on Adrien's side (thus her prodding Gabriel to let him go to the dance with Mariette at the beginning of the episode after he'd ordered him to drop the idea of a relationship with Marinette at all, and how in Protection she told him not to let anyone tell him who he could and could not love).

The big reveal this season was actually in the previous episode, Protection, where we find out that Kagami is the same as Adrien and controlled by her mother. 'Made for each other, just as planned. Perfection calls to perfection,' are the lines spoken by Kagame's mother and Gabriel as they overhear Kagame and Adrien talking, thinking its about their relationship not how he feels about Marinette. Once they hear that part they start yelling at each other about how all their plans are falling apart and telling each the other was supposed to control their kid. Kagame's mom tells Gabriel her daughter doesn't need controlling but Adrien does and that Gabriel needs to arrange a dance as soon as possible. That's interesting also; remember how the music changes every time Adrien and Marinette dance? And now there's going to be a dance for the end of school under the Eiffel Tower. Maybe a dance is what's supposed to seal the deal between Gabriel and Tomoe; their kids get married and their businesses merge.

To me, this just indicates all the Adrien is a sentimonster theories is confirmed, and adds Kagame to the list. Now I'm wondering: who else is a sentimonster? We know Chloe's mother was a good friend of Adrien's and they acted together in that black and white movie they keep showing. Could her husband, the mayor of Paris, be a sentimonster? He's madly in love with her even though she treats him like dirt and went so far as to have a kid with someone else, and changed his entire life to please her, and treats Chloe with the same indulgence and slavish order following. I forget who all else that's been a named character in the show but there are quite a few members of Gabriel's weirdo masked club in the Gabriel Agreste episode (I think Bob Ross was one attendee).

Anyway I'm just spitballing and trying desperately to avoid spoilers until the rest of the eps come out the 19th.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I can’t respond to any of that without going into major spoilers so all I’ll say is keep watching (but fortunately it seems the English version will catch up with the rest of the season fairly soon now)

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Oops! All sentimonsters.

Since Marinette clearly didn't twig from Argo's play that Gabriel was Hawk Moth/Monarch, she might not have grasped that Adrien, like Felix, is a sentimonster either. (Hell, I missed the peacock feather backdrop on first viewing.) She did give him the rings, though. Wonder if they're going to clarify it one way or the other, or just let it waft vaguely around in the background for ages?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Payndz posted:

Oops! All sentimonsters.

Since Marinette clearly didn't twig from Argo's play that Gabriel was Hawk Moth/Monarch, she might not have grasped that Adrien, like Felix, is a sentimonster either. (Hell, I missed the peacock feather backdrop on first viewing.) She did give him the rings, though. Wonder if they're going to clarify it one way or the other, or just let it waft vaguely around in the background for ages?

Also I assume the only change to this new world is that Gabe’s dead instead of Emile (yet they still remember Monarch) and based on the blue light at the end I assume “Lila”’s going to get a new partner and/or boss (or it was just Alix coming to take her out).

Speaking of, I hope the next season or so starts delving into who or what exactly this woman really is (I assume she’s a con artist of some kind but there are other oddities like her seemingly being immune to the mind controlling effects of Akumas as well as Gabe’s nightmare spell). I’m also curious how her playing student again (wouldn’t some people recognize her by her voice and actions?) is going to work and what if anything her actual goal is

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 3, 2023

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Larryb posted:

In other news, the rest of the English dub for Season 5 will start dropping on D+ beginning on the 19th:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1675533874573475841

sweet. and with this season there's no need to look up episode orders, right? it should be good out of the box on Disney+?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

sweet. and with this season there's no need to look up episode orders, right? it should be good out of the box on Disney+?

Not sure (it was still aired out of order internationally at least and I mostly just watched the subbed version) but here’s a guide just in case:

https://miraculousladybug.fandom.com/wiki/Season_5

Specifically you’ll want the first list on the page (also Action is apparently going to be a PSA special and not part of the main continuity)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jul 3, 2023

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

Not sure (it was still aired out of order internationally at least and I mostly just watched the subbed version) but here’s a guide just in case:

https://miraculousladybug.fandom.com/wiki/Season_5

Specifically you’ll want the first list on the page (also Action is apparently going to be a PSA special and not part of the main continuity)

Is any of that spoiler stuff between you and Payndz safe or should I just skip it?

Also judging from the DisneyNOW line up they’re following that airing schedule (though they did skip Runion entirely for whatever reason).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oracle posted:

Is any of that spoiler stuff between you and Payndz safe or should I just skip it?

Also judging from the DisneyNOW line up they’re following that airing schedule (though they did skip Runion entirely for whatever reason).

It involves the season finale so yes, you should skip it unless you want to track down a subbed version of the remaining S5 episodes

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also there are apparently at least two more movies in development:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1675929660725534725

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I wish they weren't so aggressive in announcing stuff, because my appetite is sated by what they're doing already and I'd rather just see more money put behind fewer projects that actually get finished in reasonable time instead of a dozen things announced simultaneously for the next several years. I want to see Ladylion already.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, are the London and Africa specials they announced a while back still happening?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently there’s even going to be a live action movie:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1675942570969427977

Seriously Zag, slow it down a little (though the Wednesday writers being involved seems like a good sign at least)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 3, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The soundtrack for the movie is now on Spotify (albeit unplayable at the moment):

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1676526800254664704

Direct link to the playlist for anyone who can’t see Twitter: https://open.spotify.com/album/5RsT5n3PnZBJS1IkeYwitd

Larryb fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 5, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New movie trailer:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1676944363115405313

Also Season 5 will come to a close in the US on August 26th:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1676806750438309888

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Larryb posted:

Also there are apparently at least two more movies in development:

https://twitter.com/MLNewsWorld/status/1675929660725534725

The one part of the miraculous movie that made me laugh were the credits because the amount of times Zag is credited. He did script, direction, and music. It’s like the opening of Garth Marengi’s Darkplace.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Emotion, Pretension and Revelation have aired on DisneyNOW.

Emotion: I stopped watching once it was revealed it was Felix and not Adrien, sure it was an episode airing out of order because we a) hadn't seen Felix going missing and b) because we hadn't seen him abduct Adrien and it just seemed very out of the blue. I checked three different sites and here and everyone seemed to think it was in order so finished it. Felix is messed up, but at least his mom knows now too. Him breaking down after having to dismiss the angry red moon thing (which I initially thought was a special peacock power he'd somehow figured out and not a sentimonster) was rough.

Pretension: drat Gabriel's an rear end in a top hat. Interesting watching Felix go after Kagame. Not sure if he's sincere or not though; a little too much of Lila in him and he's definitely got a vested interest there. At least his crusade to free all the sentimonsters is interesting. So now we know for sure that he and Adrien and Kagame are sentimonsters, and he knows they are. He also gave Kagame her amok (yet another ring) so she's free to act; wonder why he hasn't gone after Gabriel's again so Adrien can do the same. Also how is Gabriel turning into Monarch without the peacock miraculous? He just has so many others he can change his costume however he wants and just like... pick one? who's the new Dusuu? Go Marinette for standing up to him, either way. He offered her everything she ever wanted. Screwing over Lila is going to bite him in the rear end; that girl's a snake. Between this and Cat Noir's Cataclysm spreading unchecked I can see who the new bad guy is gonna be after this season...

Revelation: Oh look, Lila's gonna Lila all over the school/Paris. Going after Sabine and Natalie, drat. Also all that stuff found in Gabriel's safe is... intriguing. Hope we find out more about his early days as a... fast food mascot designer? A Poortm? A punk? The most unbelievable part of this is Chloe agreeing to play second fiddle to anyone, especially Lila. Game recognize game and Chloe is out of her league. I'm also still not understanding what Felix gains from keeping Adrien in the dark about his sentimonsterhood. Like he realizes that boy is dense as a neutron star and his little hint isn't going to sink in for about twelve years, right?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Everyone ready for the premiere/ Netflix viewing?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Movie’s out now, I would basically describe it as Spider-Man meets a Disney musical (the songs were pretty decent though)

The film essentially speedruns Gabe’s tenure as Hawkmoth except Lila and Felix don’t exist (in fact, a lot of cast members are excised from the movie) and instead of what happened at the end of Season 5 he gives up at the end and reveals his identity to the world, also unlike the series Marinette and Adrien actually reveal their identities to one another and there’s a post credits sequence implying Natalie will likely be the main antagonist of the sequel

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 28, 2023

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Interesting movie, one complaint.

Plagg gets his character assassinated for cheap fart jokes and I will never forgive the movie for it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So has there been any word on whether the movie will remain Netflix exclusive or will it eventually come to D+ as well like the rest of the series/specials?

A DVD/BD release would be nice too but I’m not sure if Ladybug has EVER gotten any sort of physical media

Edit: Apparently the complete first season got a DVD release but nothing beyond that

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 29, 2023

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I was not impressed with the movie at all. Like the visuals are stunning and great and all, but

They gently caress up how the jewels work, the butterfly miraculous isn't inherently evil and doesn't automatically use negative emotions, Hawkmoth twisted it to use negative emotions, which is why he has to do his magic hand thing to make it purple and why it can be purified in the first place.

They pretty much sideline or two dimensional cardboard cutout every other character except Marinette, her parents, Adrien, his dad/Nathalie, a bit of Chloe/Alya/Nino (Sabrina's there but is already a cardboard cutout so is probably the most faithful to the show). A few cameos by the news lady. The others they bothered to render but don't speak or interact much at all except to get bumped into.

Marinette is a caricature of herself; clumsy on levels that would put Chevy Chase's rendition of Gerald Ford to shame, apparently has severe social anxiety disorder to the point of crossing the street when her classmates so much as wave at her from a cafe and hiding behind a car, then complains she has no friends. Alya pretty much forces friendship on her in the way a golden retriever might a person holding a hot dog. She's adamantly refusing being ladybug and is forced into it by tikki, never even says the transformational phrase until like her third transformation, there is no Miraculous Ladybug power (she uses the 'power of love' or some poo poo at the end to fix everything; before that all the major damage they'd been doing while fighting akumas just... stayed) and cataclysm is just kind of... making things fall apart. Adrien falling off the collapsing Eiffel Tower is treated as some huge life-threatening event when he's been jumping on/over/across multiple story rooftops all over Paris and getting dragged by akumas/trains/under water etc. and being fine the whole film.

Adrien is rather the star of the show here, his powers, his plot, his denouement with his dad at the end, Marinette is kind of a sidekick. Also Gabe akumatizes himself and kicks their asses handily, then 180s when he slices enough of Adrien's costume apart it reveals his face and instantly recognizes him and goes all 'what have I done?' and repents and Adrien forgives him and hugs him and the power of love blah blah ugh. Gabe is represented more sympathetically here as just going nuts from his dead wife's being dead (we think) and being willing to 'cause chaos' to flush out the miraculous holders and get her back (Marinette probably causes enough chaos just walking to school that Fu would have to break out the miraculous just to keep her from destroying Paris during her morning commute).

They rush the hell out of the entire romance plot then leave you hanging at the end.

The songs... absolutely suck. Way too many, they made little sense, the lyrics were awkward, the people singing were obviously not the voice actors except in the case of Gabe, I was cringing after the second song when it became apparent another one was starting up, they make the whole drat movie drag. It was obvious Jeremy Zag was shooting for Disney movie status but god he fell way short.

They pretty much character assassinated Plagg as a walking fart joke as mentioned previously. I think he had maybe two? three? lines the entire film that wasn't burping/farting/groaning.

I'm not saying don't watch it but don't go into it with any kind of expectations it'll be better than say, the Christmas special, cuz its slightly below that.

Sure is pretty, though.

Kobanya
Aug 6, 2013
There is also something deeply unsettling about some of the characters as they're rendered. Sabine looks ok from a distance, but all those up close shots started setting off Uncanny Valley vibes. They also managed to make Chloe look really unfortunate.

I also do not understand why there were criminals down in what appears to the catacombs??? I also agree that all the songs were both a: too many and b: really bad. Although the "I'm not Ladybug" song kinda got to me a bit (in a good way), although that might be because it's nearly midnight and I am sleep-deprived lol.

The movie also managed to crank up the "mysterious Asian man" vibes on Master Fu, which is terrible. Also, for a good, long moment, I thought the gargoyle guy had just died from getting hit by the train. Oof.

I did enjoy the Identity Reveal, but also felt cheated that we didn't get to see them actually kiss after all the teasing over it earlier. I'm also not even sure how Adrien is going to be able to be Chat Noir if his dad knows and presumably told Nathalie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m at least curious to see how any future sequels deal with Marinette and Adrien now knowing each other’s hero identities while also being in a relationship with one another

And yeah, while I didn’t completely hate the songs (though you can clearly tell in some cases that the characters’ singing voices were completely different people than their regular VAs) I’d rather any future movies either cut down or remove the musical aspect as I wasn’t a big fan of it in the first Christmas episode either. There were some moments where the movie barely had time to breathe between songs, especially early on

Something about the new visual style felt off in places as well, if this is what they’re going for in Season 6 onward I hope they tweak it a bit first

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 29, 2023

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I haven't checked yet, but I have a strong feeling that the songs flow better in French, as at the moment some songs feel stilted, trying to fit in extra words into a line.

[Edit]:After a long listening session, I can confirm that the French song hit different and flow way better with the music and rhythm. Marionettes stand in singer does way better for the French version.

The chorus of Hawk-moths song where they chant Papillon works so well and he really pulls it off so well.

Now for a kind word about Gabe:

Looking at it again, Gabe looks great, loved his worn out stubble and him having some emotion. The flashback hair looked goofy to me though. I was grateful they let him sing, rather than replace him for the feature movie. His mask looked weird though.... in the show it clearly projects from his face, like it should. In the film, however, it looked like a thin layer fitted to his skin, so less Man in the Iron Mask, more face painted on.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 29, 2023

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As I said, the movie was basically a speedrun of the show's plot with some details changed/removed. Kind of ironic that the movie's only available on Netflix currently because it's Disney as gently caress (there's even an "I Want" song)

I do agree that Adrien seemed more like the main character than Marinette did though (also the latter seems to do more damage to Paris on her morning commute than most of the Akumatized people do on purpose)

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
There are 4 "I Want" songs in this movie, one terrible one, and the rest are bangers.

I guess they didn't have enough time to make Chloe the bitchy force of nature who caused half of tge Akuma attacks.

I'd say Netflix could have it locked down for a few months before it comes to D+.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also much like a Disney movie the villain song is probably the best one in the film (I appreciate they let Gabe’s VA actually sing it too, not sure why they couldn’t have done the same with the rest of the cast)

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Larryb posted:

Also much like a Disney movie the villain song is probably the best one in the film (I appreciate they let Gabe’s VA actually sing it too, not sure why they couldn’t have done the same with the rest of the cast)

That I will agree with.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
So does the French Gabrial and that guy has range. Seems like the singing stand-in's for Marionette and Adrian did all the different languages, which is a tonne of work.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PowerBeard posted:

So does the French Gabrial and that guy has range. Seems like the singing stand-in's for Marionette and Adrian did all the different languages, which is a tonne of work.

Is there a particular reason why they replaced them out of curiosity? Christina Vee is literally a singer

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Either a big name singing duo or the fact they could sing in multiple languages.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Their singing voices in the movie are apparently provided by Lou Jean and Drew Ryan Scott (though Mela Lee still plays Tikki during the “I’m Not Ladybug” song). For some reason Ben Diskin didn’t reprise his role as Nooroo for the movie either

Also assuming you’ve seen it, do the songs flow any better in the original French out of curiosity?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 30, 2023

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
From my decent but not perfect French, yes they do. It's down to a lot of French words having connective "-ment" at the end or words shorter than their English version. They also seem to hit the major beats where they English seems to run over slightly.

So you have Hawkmoth's "Give me your lost, Give me your tired, your outcast, your uninspired" which kind of works, but still feels like a mouthful, compared to Papilion's "Les âmes perdues et les parias, Je vous veux tous avec moi".

I know what you're thinking, drat that French looks like a mouthful, but fenetically the words join together and sound like this:

"Lez-a-me per-du-et
lez par-e-a,
Je vu ver to savek moi
".(End bit hits the rise in the song to punctuate the Moi that rises with it)

Little bits like this can be found all over, though I haven't listened to it all, so stuff like the first few songs may be a trainwreck, but hopefully not.

[EDIT]: Polish version feels like it struggling to make the lyrics work with the meolody.
Spanish works quite well, though their Hawkmoth sounds like a Tele Novella villian, so you decide if thats a good thing or a bad thing.
German, very tough to not have German come off as intimidating.

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 30, 2023

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
re, the movie: a lot of the plot tweaks were just slightly worse than the show, but understandable for pacing purposes for a 90-minute movie. Gabriel realising Cat Noir was Adrien, and then revealing his identity, lacks the oomph that these revelations would have had in the show. But at least it happened.

Ladybug herself got short-changed a bit throughout the movie - there was a lot of emphasis on how she can't do it alone, and she basically just got her rear end kicked all throughout the last act of the film, whereas Cat Noir was at least able to go toe-to-toe with Hawkmoth for a bit. It really does seem like an overcorrection from the show, where Cat Noir got completely sidelined in the finale against Hawkmoth.

Aside from that, the songs were alright. (I listened to the movie in French, mostly thanks to the last few posts in this thread.) The song where Marinette gets the Miraculous for the first time and Tikki's giving her a pep-talk was my favourite; it was cute and catchy, and I enjoyed how it ended with basically an inverted version of the show's theme song. (Also, they managed to work "coccinellidae" into a song, which is an accomplishment.) Hawkmoth's villain song was great, though it really does make everything less interesting if he's turning a bunch of old-timey villains into supervillains, instead of going after average people who make a deal with the devil in a moment of weakness.

PowerBeard posted:

Now for a kind word about Gabe:

Looking at it again, Gabe looks great, loved his worn out stubble and him having some emotion. The flashback hair looked goofy to me though. I was grateful they let him sing, rather than replace him for the feature movie. His mask looked weird though.... in the show it clearly projects from his face, like it should. In the film, however, it looked like a thin layer fitted to his skin, so less Man in the Iron Mask, more face painted on.

I did like that Gabriel actually was unkempt and worried when Adrien didn't come home one night, as opposed to in the show where he probably wouldn't have even noticed, and certainly wouldn't have ever let himself lose his composure like that. Mostly agree about Hawkmoth's mask, though something about TV-Hawkmoth's face lands right in the uncanny valley for me in certain angles during close-ups; didn't have that problem with the movie version.

Otherkinsey Scale fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jul 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!
Finally started the fifth season. Six episodes in and this is amazing. The relationship drama is on a whole new level, Monarch's schemes are even cooler, Marinette's struggles are even more compelling, they snuck in a four minute For The Man Who Has Everything in an episode. I'm so mad that I think a lot of my friends would love this stuff, but I have to go with "it gets REALLY good in season 4 trust me"