Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

whatever, not a good post.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
How the gently caress am I supposed to enjoy all 437 hours of Wrestlemania after that? :smith:

Takeover was incredible. Wow.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

BGrifter posted:

How the gently caress am I supposed to enjoy all 437 hours of Wrestlemania after that? :smith:

You ain't gotta watch. Sounds like you got enough for the weekend already

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BGrifter posted:

Takeover was incredible. Wow.

Eh, skip to Kofi/Bryan and the women’s main event and then call it a day.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Silly Burrito posted:

You won't have to skip to Kofi/Bryan, it'll open the show.

18 Seconds II: This Time Bryan Wins

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

BGrifter posted:

The thing that's blowing my mind is how every single match is getting BOTH participants over. Every match has long enough to feel like an all out war over the title. The losers still look like total badasses who just got beat on that particular night.

Put wrestlers in an even match that tells a story with a clean finish. Who knew, right?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Silly Burrito posted:

100% my plan.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Cool thanks

Still seems like a word you should avoid considering the obvious connection but good to know!

This is an insane opinion. You shouldn't use the word struggle because hitler wrote a book that had the word struggle in the title?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Don't use any of these words:

Our
Future
A
We
Existence
Children
Of
And
Must
White
The
For
People
Secure

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
kampf is an incredibly basic and root word in german. if you banned half of the words it translates to the commentary desk would sit in silence or have to come up with even goofier poo poo than vince has them say now

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also WALTER vs Dunne loving ruled. hearing symphony number 9 on a big show like that really felt huge and epic.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i missed takeover last night because my power was out and just watched it, gotta say the last 15 minutes of the show were extremely sports entertaining

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Nazis spoke German so I guess Germans should just find a new language so they don't offend Americans who know absolutely nothing about Germany besides that the Nazis came from there.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

tbf austrian guy in a trenchcoat with the word kampf might raise an eyebrow depending on one's knowledge of history and the german language but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Hitler breathed air when he was alive, so air is now #cancelled

Welcome to 2019!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MotU posted:

his gimmick is that hes WALTER

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cool thanks

Still seems like a word you should avoid considering the obvious connection but good to know!

Next up, we'll inform all German-speaking people that they are not to use the word "Mein" from here on out. Considering the obvious connection, you see.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
[german hermes from futurama voice]: mein manwich!!!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
The WWE will bring WALTER to the main roster and actually give him a last name.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I’m not particularly concerned about German words on his trunks. If he gets a large flat brimmed hat and starts coming out to entrance music with a gong in it I’ll start to worry he might be a white supremacist.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Cool thanks

I get your point but people arent gonna stop saying "deal" cause it's in Trumps lovely book

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

shiksa posted:

[german hermes from futurama voice]: mein manwich!!!

Küss mein front butt

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

BGrifter posted:

I’m not particularly concerned about German words on his trunks. If he gets a large flat brimmed hat and starts coming out to entrance music with a gong in it I’ll start to worry he might be a white supremacist.

So he's taking the Undertaker's gimmick?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Armitage posted:

The WWE will bring WALTER to the main roster and actually give him a last name.

vince will just give him another first name.

:vince:: he's german right? he'll be uhhhh adolf walter! yeah thats the ticket

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Fortunately Walter White is already taken.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Heisenberg was a principal scientist in the Nazi German nuclear weapon project during World War II :thunk:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Heiden...reich?!? :aaa:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MotU posted:

his gimmick is that hes WALTER

Folks with the way he was going to the top rope last night his gimmick should be VAULTER

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Wasn't Heidenrich originally going to have a gimmick where he was a WW2 nazi that was cryogenically frozen or something?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Rhonne posted:

Wasn't Heidenrich originally going to have a gimmick where he was a WW2 nazi that was cryogenically frozen or something?

Not originally, but at some point during his WWE run a writer pitched this idea to Vince, along with his being managed by Paul Heyman (who is Jewish and is also the son of a Holocaust survivor). Vince was literally rendered speechless by this idea and left the room afterwards.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

If you think kampf creates a bad obvious connection, just wait until you hear Marcel Barthel say "Nein"!!!

what if every time WALTER wrestled, they just blurred him out to play it safe

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Not originally, but at some point during his WWE run a writer pitched this idea to Vince, along with his being managed by Paul Heyman (who is Jewish and is also the son of a Holocaust survivor). Vince was literally rendered speechless by this idea and left the room afterwards.

Presumably to masturbate?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Presumably to masturbate?

I think the writer got fired before the year was out, so probably not.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Huntman posted:

what if every time WALTER wrestled, they just blurred him out to play it safe

Or they could go one step further and book him in a feud with the Invisible Man and Invisible Stan.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The_Rob posted:

This is an insane opinion. You shouldn't use the word struggle because hitler wrote a book that had the word struggle in the title?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbf austrian guy in a trenchcoat with the word kampf might raise an eyebrow depending on one's knowledge of history and the german language but sometimes a cigar is just a cigar
That's my point but better worded. It's why my original post asked if I was misunderstood and immediately copped to when I did. The connection is easy to make but sometimes you overthink things.

Also our current society is full of proud nazis and this company is owned by Vince McMahon. Leeway can be given here.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The most shocking thing about this story is that Vince didn't jump up (knocking over his streak ketchup burrito) and demanded it be on Raw the next night.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Holy poo poo, WWE is doing the Watch Along with Pat McAfee again.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Nazis these days wear jorts or bowties.

Concerning Walter though it's a totally fair first impression to have. Trench coat, German word, and military all add up to a vilain look we're acussomed to after so many movies and history.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Apr 6, 2019

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Holy poo poo, WWE is doing the Watch Along with Pat McAfee again.

Again??? Holy poo poo, sitting for 48 hours straight for Mania. I think I might have to double screen this, especially during the boring matches see who wanders through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Apparently Torrie Wilson's dad Al Wilson legit died today. Feel awful for Torrie.