Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
WWE business cards

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dave's funny. Tons of people wear the belt. Cena wears the belt.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Punk wore the belts loads. Dave's silly.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ziggler wears the belt. Backwards, but he wears it. Kofi and Cesaro also wore the US title, as did Swagger and Santino. I believe Barrett wears the IC title too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Well, he shouldn't win just based on how people get booked when they're champions, especially US Champions.

He also made a great case for why Rikishi running over Austin was the right move, which was pretty great.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Ambrose will be booked fine as US Champion, their booking as a whole in regards to the Shield has been great and I don't think (hope) that they'll do similar to someone they've already demonstrated they're super high on. Even Cesaro was booked well for the first six months of his reign, it was just the last two that left a sour taste to the entire thing.

The only issue I see I who will take it off them, nobody's really been on their level (and before Monday, Cena wasn't even either), including Bryan, the Ryback, and Kane, all of whom float around the main event scene. A new group of NXT guys that mirror them, but faces? I dunno.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

Ambrose will be booked fine as US Champion, their booking as a whole in regards to the Shield has been great and I don't think (hope) that they'll do similar to someone they've already demonstrated they're super high on. Even Cesaro was booked well for the first six months of his reign, it was just the last two that left a sour taste to the entire thing.

The only issue I see I who will take it off them, nobody's really been on their level (and before Monday, Cena wasn't even either), including Bryan, the Ryback, and Kane, all of whom float around the main event scene. A new group of NXT guys that mirror them, but faces? I dunno.

The Shield want to change the world.
The Family simply want to consume it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Bard Maddox posted:

Even Cesaro was booked well for the first six months of his reign, it was just the last two that left a sour taste to the entire thing.

Especially the part where he won the title and then lost matches Santino, Kofi, Justin Gabriel and R-Truth. He also lost to Sheamus which isn't bad per se, but he shouldn't be wrestling guys he can't beat.

That's the point: you don't want Ambrose winning the title then wrestling Santino, Kofi, R-Truth et al. Hence you don't want him winning the belt. In fact you don't want him losing. You want him winning and facing top guys. That's not something a US Champion does.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

LordPants posted:

Especially the part where he won the title and then lost matches Santino, Kofi, Justin Gabriel and R-Truth. He also lost to Sheamus which isn't bad per se, but he shouldn't be wrestling guys he can't beat.

That's the point: you don't want Ambrose winning the title then wrestling Santino, Kofi, R-Truth et al. Hence you don't want him winning the belt. In fact you don't want him losing. You want him winning and facing top guys. That's not something a US Champion does.

He's also lost on NXT against Sami Zayn though that match hasn't aired yet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Everyone listen to the granny segment of the Bryan and Vinny show this week. You need to hear Bryan's reaction to Granny telling him about the Dave article.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

"Those are all the luchadores he killed!" Is my new favorite Brian line

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
"Is there a Beatles poster in there?"

All this belt discussion shows that our gripes about the mid-card belts being meaningless are untrue, as they do have meaning. At this point, the WWE has done such an amazing job of burying both belts that holding either of them actively taints you with the aura of a loser. To possess a mid-card title actually makes you more of a loser and less over than someone without a mid-card title who loses all the time. Heath Slater > Wade Barrett. Even if you put it on Randy Orton and had him win every title defense, his overness would be actively harmed by possessing the US or IC title. The taint of jobber has completely infected those belts. I feel like Rollins and Reigns can get the tag belts and be okay, but Ambrose should stay far away from the mid-card belts.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

VogeGandire posted:

Punk wore the belts loads. Dave's silly.

Jericho wore the belt too and it always made it look like he was pantsless and I just remember it making me really uncomfortable.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Vinny's "...God I hate you" was just wonderful

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
SNOW DOGS

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Okay so I just subscribed to the Observer without reading poo poo so this is my own fault, but apparently you can't subscribe to the paid shows unless you use iTunes? I don't use iTunes or iOS. Anyone know how to subscribe to the shows on an Android phone, specifically with PocketCasts?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Require More Fire posted:

Okay so I just subscribed to the Observer without reading poo poo so this is my own fault, but apparently you can't subscribe to the paid shows unless you use iTunes? I don't use iTunes or iOS. Anyone know how to subscribe to the shows on an Android phone, specifically with PocketCasts?

If you go to the Board (yeah I know) there should be RSS feeds for the shows you can plug into podcast apps, you do have to authenticate with your user and password when you do though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Boycotting the next PunchSportPodcast!!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

KungFu Grip posted:

I am too, they wouldn't let me on to discuss the wrestling I paid to view today.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

copycat

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
You guys do know we're recording another one tomorrow night, right?

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
I didn't watch Extreme Rules but did John Cena/Ryback's Last Man Standing match have a 10 Count? :v:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Space Cob posted:

I didn't watch Extreme Rules but did John Cena/Ryback's Last Man Standing match have a 10 Count? :v:

It went to a No Contest after Ryback put Cena through a video wall.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Goog posted:

You guys do know we're recording another one tomorrow night, right?

10 count without ridiculous abbreviations for names is hardly 10 count :colbert:

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

10 count without ridiculous abbreviations for names is hardly 10 count :colbert:

It's a good thing we didn't do a Ten Count, then!

Spideycloned joins me and HulkaMatt as we run down Extreme Rules and speculate a little about what it means going forward.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Spideycloned was pretty great. Would be cool too have him on again at some point.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I will never get tired of HulkaMatt just busting into maniacal laughter when something really stupid/great/both comes up.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Require More Fire posted:

Just fyi, this has nothing to do with iOS or iTunes, you just need a podcast app capable of prompting you for the login/password. Most RSS feeds don't require authentication so a lot of podcast apps will skip that feature.

Spideycloned
Aug 5, 2004

Starfleet Dental

In Dear Leader, we trust.

Draga posted:

Spideycloned was pretty great. Would be cool too have him on again at some point.

Thanks. I was trying not to overpower Goog and Hulkamatt because it's their thing, but I didn't want to come off as someone who hated to talk either. Sounds like I hit a sweet spot.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Andy Dufresne posted:

Just fyi, this has nothing to do with iOS or iTunes, you just need a podcast app capable of prompting you for the login/password. Most RSS feeds don't require authentication so a lot of podcast apps will skip that feature.

DoggCatcher on Android supports this. Costs money, but may be worth it. On iOS, I use Downcast for F4W shows. Works great.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Andy Dufresne posted:

Yeah, I figured this out last night. I found a workaround for now but PocketCasts claims they're going to be adding support for logins soon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The internet just can't keep up a boycott.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

Big Dave posted:

I'm sure most of you realize this, but the deal with HHH at the end of Raw where he collapsed and was disoriented was a scripted part of the show.

I'm not sure why he actually posted this, but it is hysterical.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

TLM posted:

I'm not sure why he actually posted this, but it is hysterical.
Now Babinsack can get on the front page by emailing dumb questions.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Now Babinsack can get on the front page by emailing dumb questions.

There's no way he could've read an entire Babinsack letter in the time it took from the end of Raw to when that went up on the site

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

With five panelists (the four regulars and a mystery guest!) and a considerable number of goofs, this was a very long edit. I think the result is worth it, though!

Topics: 1. More thoughts on Extreme Rules
2. The Genesis of Curtis Axel
3. Triple H's...concussion? Heart attack? Stroke?
4. Another awesome 6-man tag with The Shield and Team Hell No
5. Do we think WWE is really trying to build up the midcard titles?
6. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: "Wildcat" Chris Harris/Braden Walker
7. TNA is having a really bad month, even by their standards
8. Make an elevator pitch for a show on WWE Network
9. FEUD OF THE WEEK: Test vs. Scott Steiner
10. How would a feud between Yokozuna and Kerry von Erich have gone?

Don't forget that you can post questions for the Ten Count here in the thread, email them to us (punchsportpodcast at gmail dot com), or hit us up on Twitter (@PunchsportPod).

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Bryan: So this reader asks if Vince Russo is working for the WWE...
Dave: No.
Bryan: He's got a theory...
Dave: His theory is wrong.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gonzo McFee posted:

Bryan: So this reader asks if Vince Russo is working for the WWE...
Dave: No.
Bryan: He's got a theory...
Dave: His theory is wrong.
Dave was fun on this show. His occasional corpsing at some of the weirder things made it awesome :)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Here's a ten count question: Daniel Bryan is ridiculously loving over. Could he, one day, be the top star in the WWE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ten Count Question: If Punk chooses to return, what would be the best use for him?

I Before E fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 21, 2013

• Locked thread