Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jesus. I was hoping to hook at least 1 person with that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/insidetheNFL/status/960988157264068608

Nick Foles called the Philly Special.

I love him screaming "LANE! LANE!" in a panic right before the snap.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

I love that little hesitation from Pederson followed by the, "Yeah, let's do it." There's a smile in his voice that says Nick, you beautiful, crazy bastard.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

axeil posted:

Oh my God that is one of the best things I've ever seen

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So how many Philly restaurants are going to have a cheesesteak or other dish called the Philly Special now? All of them, I'd wager.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Zwabu posted:

So how many Philly restaurants are going to have a cheesesteak or other dish called the Philly Special now? All of them, I'd wager.

The Philly Special is also what I call Furious George :twisted:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
It’s a cheesesteak with coleslaw instead of whiz.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Jota posted:

The Philly Special is also what I call Furious George :twisted:

I'm honored to be associated with the greatest American Football play of all time.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It's a goat meat cheesesteak

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

axeil posted:

I could watch this for hours. :allears:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

axeil posted:

Is it me or was "LANE LANE" the snap call?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

aBagorn posted:

Is it me or was "LANE LANE" the snap call?
It absolutely was.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

shyduck posted:

It's a goat meat cheesesteak

Goat meat can be good as hell, sign me up as long.

e: oh wait I just got it welp good thing I have at least two more hours of work before I can go to bed

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Toaster Beef posted:

Seeing rumblings on Twitter that the Eagles took a team vote prior to the Super Bowl and won't be accepting the invitation to the White House. I'd like to see that happen, but I also haven't seen a reliable source report it.

As much as I want my team to also be super cool politically correct, there is definitely a handful of dudes on the team that most certainly voted for Trump (Foles, Wentz, Pederson). I'm hoping they have turned on their monitors and seen that Trump is a disgusting unchristian fuckbaby.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

axeil posted:

This is beautiful. When I grow old and my brain fades, this play will be one of the last memories of football to hang on.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Remember when the big rumor around the trade deadline was that Calvin Johnson was considering coming out of retirement to play for the Eagles?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Roseman is a stand up guy so I think Gore may get a ring out of this

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Roseman is a stand up guy so I think Gore may get a ring out of this

Why? I understand like Dorenbos but Gore didnt even play for us.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

CyberPingu posted:

:thejoke:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

a new study bible! posted:

Remember when the big rumor around the trade deadline was that Calvin Johnson was considering coming out of retirement to play for the Eagles?

But then he was just traveling to Philly to open up a Burger King or whatever.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

CyberPingu posted:

https://youtu.be/orZXMapacyg

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Its really difficult to know on this forum sometimes.

Especially when you have a poster saying the Eagles should have sacked Pederson for the 2 Foles games at the end of the regular season.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol oh gently caress I forgot about that. Beautiful.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Based on everything we've learned about Chip, Gore deserves a ring for sniffing out that bullshit and avoiding it entirely...

Part of what made that victory great is the many layers of redemption that came with it. The Eagles were redeemed by finally winning a SB, after so many years of success without the big one against the team that beat them in the last SB, Foles was redeemed after nearly retiring, and Roseman was redeemed after Chip embarrassed him on a national stage.

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

But then he was just traveling to Philly to open up a Burger King or whatever.

I thought it was a Auntie Annes Pretzels, which somehow makes it funnier to me.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Kanish posted:

I thought it was a Auntie Annes Pretzels, which somehow makes it funnier to me.

It was! I couldn't remember the franchise.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
https://twitter.com/danieljtgallen/status/960506774385233920

:eyepop:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Yeah that's the kind of photo that wins awards. It's absolutely stunning. perfectly framed

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Remember 2 years ago when Chip Kelly got fired after he burned down Philadephia and all we were left with was an above average Sam Bradford, Cowboys spy DeMarco Murray who was constantly on his Cowboy period, DirecTV Byron Maxwell, a WR core of Dorial Green-Beckham/Jordan Matthews/Bryce Treggs/Agholor BC/the legend of Paul Turner (who we only liked because he was the only WR who could catch a ball)? Remember 1st round pick Marcus Smith? Remember getting the notification on your phone that LeSean McCoy got traded? Remember Miles Austin dropping passes for us? Remember Matt Barkley always throwing to the wrong jersey? Remember Mark Sanchez?

Remember King Dunlap?

Remember this half broken team struggling to find an identity and seemingly no hope in sight?

The reality of a long term period of us being a complete joke starting to set in?

2 years ago, we just hired this Doug Pederson guy, he was a high school football coach 8 years ago. But, he's Andy's disciple. Let's see what he can do we guess?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

aBagorn posted:

Yeah that's the kind of photo that wins awards. It's absolutely stunning. perfectly framed

Its actually kinda insane how much smaller the end zone looks on TV compared to that shot there.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

89 posted:

Remember 2 years ago when Chip Kelly got fired after he burned down Philadephia and all we were left with was an above average Sam Bradford, Cowboys spy DeMarco Murray who was constantly on his Cowboy period, DirecTV Byron Maxwell, a WR core of Dorial Green-Beckham/Jordan Matthews/Bryce Treggs/Agholor BC/the legend of Paul Turner (who we only liked because he was the only WR who could catch a ball)? Remember 1st round pick Marcus Smith? Remember getting the notification on your phone that LeSean McCoy got traded? Remember Miles Austin dropping passes for us? Remember Matt Barkley always throwing to the wrong jersey? Remember Mark Sanchez?

Remember King Dunlap?

Remember this half broken team struggling to find an identity and seemingly no hope in sight?

The reality of a long term period of us being a complete joke starting to set in?

2 years ago, we just hired this Doug Pederson guy, he was a high school football coach 8 years ago. But, he's Andy's disciple. Let's see what he can do we guess?

2 years ago we gave Howie Roseman back control....and he loving balled out.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Didn't king Dunlap turn out to be ok

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

euphronius posted:

Didn't king Dunlap turn out to be ok

For like two seasons I believe

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Paul Tuner was the goat.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

It's such a drat good picture. I made it the background of my work computer.

I'd make it my home background but I have a neat slideshow of a bunch of pictures of Earth from space that I really like.

89 posted:

Remember King Dunlap?

2 years ago I made the funniest post I'll ever make where I argued Chip Kelly wouldn't get fired approximately an hour before he got fired.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
One of my favorite parts from the Super Bowl is that I went to my first Eagles game ever this season in Kansas City.

What did that end on? Eagles failed Hail Mary.

What did the Super Bowl end on? Patriots failed Hail Mary against the Eagles.

All of my buddies I went to the KC game with were with me for the Super Bowl, so that was a cool moment in itself. Got the reaction to us winning recorded too, lol.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Remember Vince Young and his Dream Team? Remember how loving awful Patrick Chung was until the Patriots got him? Remember Nnamdi Asomugha??

Those were some dark days that COULD have been good but nope.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Remember Ronnie Brown’s “lateral” at the goal line?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

89 posted:

Remember Ronnie Brown’s “lateral” at the goal line?

Jesus gently caress I still get angry when I think of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://streamable.com/tj4e6

• Locked thread