Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

ComposerGuy posted:

I go for the boat a lot as a counselor because it only takes 2 parts and you can pull off nutty 2-minute escapes if the cards fall just right.

It's a HUGE gamble though, especially in pubbie games because the other counselors are very, very liable to just straight up tell Jason to check his map for the boat in order to get him off them, and most pubbie Jason's I've seen will go for it every single time no matter what else is happening. Like I've literally seen Jason go to the boat while four other counselors immediately got in the car and drove off. There's some kind of weird compulsion there.

That's one of the reasons I like Deborah; if you can find the parts it's hell of easy to ninja that thing off the map. Why yes I do have the "Chad Is a Dick" achievement. Why do you ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Russian Teamkiller got me rootin for Jason.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
If you're going into a match with the attitude of: "I want to knock Jason on his rear end as often as possible" then you ought to roll Chad.

Chad has the highest weapon durability (based on luck) of anyone in the game, tied with Tommy. Pair this with an epic "Man at Arms" perk, thick skin, and the first aid perk of your choice. Now find a baseball bat and you can get something like 8 hits on it.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I was killed four or five minutes into a match, so I settled in to spectate the rest of the match. One of the other counselors seemed to be AFK, as they didn't move for the next ten minutes. Everyone else died, except for this guy. I don't know whether Jason was having trouble finding him, or if he was being deliberately ignored.

When there was eight minutes left on the clock, I finally got tired of waiting and disconnected.

I wish that the game would just kick anyone that doesn't touch their controller for more than a minute or two. Ideally, the player would be replaced by an AI that tries to protect other players by blocking Jason's attack with his face.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

If you're going into a match with the attitude of: "I want to knock Jason on his rear end as often as possible" then you ought to roll Chad.

Chad has the highest weapon durability (based on luck) of anyone in the game, tied with Tommy. Pair this with an epic "Man at Arms" perk, thick skin, and the first aid perk of your choice. Now find a baseball bat and you can get something like 8 hits on it.

This only works if you refer to your bat as Excalibat and yell your holy weapon's name into the mic as you use it

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Coolguye posted:

This only works if you refer to your bat as Excalibat and yell your holy weapon's name into the mic as you use it

Well, obviously.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

so the boxes for the retail, physical versions of this game advertise Bloody Jason skins(for every Jason, probably minus Savini) and another set of exclusive counselor DLC outfits as exclusive bonuses for owning the physical version of the game. im not sure if theres a physical PC version though? i get the impression this stuff got put up for preorder before the devs realized it would and they'll be talking about it soon.

but hopefully once that's all sorted out we'll see some actual non-cosmetic content for this thing

edit: this just went up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELPPtOWqgI

is Hillbrook the abandoned camp map? the overgrown sign doesnt look familiar

looks like there's no physical PC version though so i'm not sure how PC people will get the bloody jason skins and the new outfits

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Aug 2, 2017

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Kelp Plankton posted:

so the boxes for the retail, physical versions of this game advertise Bloody Jason skins(for every Jason, probably minus Savini) and another set of exclusive counselor DLC outfits as exclusive bonuses for owning the physical version of the game. im not sure if theres a physical PC version though? i get the impression this stuff got put up for preorder before the devs realized it would and they'll be talking about it soon.

but hopefully once that's all sorted out we'll see some actual non-cosmetic content for this thing

edit: this just went up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELPPtOWqgI

is Hillbrook the abandoned camp map? the overgrown sign doesnt look familiar

looks like there's no physical PC version though so i'm not sure how PC people will get the bloody jason skins and the new outfits

Probably a purchasable dlc from steam?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Inside Out Mom posted:

Probably a purchasable dlc from steam?

That's what would make sense, but I don't know how seriously they want to consider the new skins as 'exclusive' to the physical versions. It's not like they affect gameplay or anything. But it would still suck if they're locked away on PC

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
IS THAT UBER JASON! I can only see the thumbnail on my phone. (In work) but is that Uber Jason!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
No. The lighting in here made Part 7's scabby head look more like the fleshy colour of Uber-Jason/Lord Zedd's head. Bah.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Camp Hillbrook is more interesting than anything.

It's the only hint of a new map because everything else in the trailer was at one of the three we already know about.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

That's what would make sense, but I don't know how seriously they want to consider the new skins as 'exclusive' to the physical versions. It's not like they affect gameplay or anything. But it would still suck if they're locked away on PC

They better make it available for PC/Consoles for those us who already bought it or there will be such wave of screaming.

Hell, I don't even mind spending $5-10 on a DLC pack to help support the game, but I'm not dropping another $40 for a physical copy of the game. I want to support this game because its fun as hell, but I'm not that big of a Friday fan that I can justify owning a physical copy.

Also isn't Hillbrook just one of the names of the camp areas on one of the maps? If they actually get some new content (aside from the "Retail Exclusive" poo poo) ready for when the disc drops, I'll be happy but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm pretty sure Hillbrook Camp is the center-most part of Camp Crystal Lake

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

joylessdivision posted:

Also isn't Hillbrook just one of the names of the camp areas on one of the maps? If they actually get some new content (aside from the "Retail Exclusive" poo poo) ready for when the disc drops, I'll be happy but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I think you're right.

Just let me dream that it's a hint at an abandoned camp map, man.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Apparently Digital and Physical copies will be getting different Bloody Jason skins. Counselor clothing will be the same for both versions

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Down that same comment chain

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6r4g6m/friday_the_13th_the_game_physical_launch_to_occur/dl296fm/

Looks like they do have announcements coming soon.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Seems like a Jason Takes Manhattan themed map is inevitable, seeing as how he's the only Jason skin that currently exists but that didn't really spend any time in and around Camp Crystal Lake in his movie. They aren't gonna just randomly do a space ship map if they can't also get the rights to Uber-Jason.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Is the Reddit PC Master Racists TM already screaming that if the consoles get bloody Jason exclusively that we should get him and Savini for free?

Edit: they have Jason X rights, it was announced in the Kickstarter, but the content including the Grendel, Uber, and several related kills was stretch goal locked.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Skunkrocker posted:

Edit: they have Jason X rights, it was announced in the Kickstarter, but the content including the Grendel, Uber, and several related kills was stretch goal locked.

Ok well I assume then that since the game has been more successful than they expected it to be, that they'll give us Jason X eventually.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Basebf555 posted:

Ok well I assume then that since the game has been more successful than they expected it to be, that they'll give us Jason X eventually.

Yeah, they've already included content that was locked as stretch goals. I think they're going to work on all of their stretch goals as time goes on and as long as they have the team and budget.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://twitter.com/Randygbk/status/892806716252766208

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Excellent, new kills.

That stunt work can't be too easy on Hodder though, I hope he's doing well. Dude's in his 60s at this point.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

Is the Reddit PC Master Racists TM already screaming that if the consoles get bloody Jason exclusively that we should get him and Savini for free?

Probably. I haven't bothered to look, but I'm almost certain that the people who can't stop complaining about this game are continuing to complain.

And after playing this thing for 158 hours since launch, I can say I got my $40 worth and I am happy with the game, minor complaints aside.

Looking forward to whatever new content they release because the game desperately needs it, and I can't wait to see what the poo poo lords find to complain about next.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Burkion posted:

Excellent, new kills.

That stunt work can't be too easy on Hodder though, I hope he's doing well. Dude's in his 60s at this point.

I've seen him before, and I have mutual friends on FB with him because I worked on a horror film once. He's still built as hell.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad to hear it.

WIth the kind of burns he went through, you have to be careful with what you can do especially as you get older.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

chitoryu12 posted:

I've seen him before, and I have mutual friends on FB with him because I worked on a horror film once. He's still built as hell.

He doesn't show signs of fatigue, either. Still doing stunt work even now. The man is a bad customer you do not want to gently caress with.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

joylessdivision posted:

Looking forward to whatever new content they release because the game desperately needs it, and I can't wait to see what the poo poo lords find to complain about next.

Yeah, I saw the trailer's top comment and immediately went "okay he's probably a kiddo or a shitdick".

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

He doesn't show signs of fatigue, either. Still doing stunt work even now. The man is a bad customer you do not want to gently caress with.

And from everything I've heard, he's an incredibly nice dude to boot.

And doing mocap is probably considerably easier than doing normal stunt work.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kane Hodder being a juggalo is the cutest thing to me for some reason, that this big dude who looks like he could knock your block off is into cheesy horrorcore. :allears:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

Kane Hodder being a juggalo is the cutest thing to me for some reason, that this big dude who looks like he could knock your block off is into cheesy horrorcore. :allears:

Him being a juggalo is the most depressing thing to me. I'm still amazed those two bumbling idiots have fans.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Considering how much of this game relies on cabins and window diving, I have no clue how a Grendel/Boat map would work but goddamnit just give us any kind of carrot on a stick to keep me wanting to play.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Interior maps with multiple floors are likely off the table too because it would wreak havoc on Morph. I'm sure a boat map COULD be done, but it would take some planning.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Danaru posted:

Interior maps with multiple floors are likely off the table too because it would wreak havoc on Morph. I'm sure a boat map COULD be done, but it would take some planning.

A boat map could be done, the 'morph map' limitation isn't that hard to solve if you use cross sections of the ship to represent 'levels'.

And doing a Manhattan map, everyone is going to ask for Times Square, which will never happen - But a dock/port map utilising warehouses/alley ways on the waters edge would suit the game beautifully. You can even have front gates 'locked' like it's after hours to represent the 'invisible' wall of the level, a repairable boat as an escape option and a phone booth as the cop phone. So much cross over that would work with existing stuff.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://twitter.com/Rontao13/status/892865135227817985

what Jason uses two knives?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I was thinking of something that wouldn't be that big of a stretch. How about the rural town area around Crystal Lake, like the bar or restaurant or some residential houses like in Part 6? It's not as interesting as a boat or a city or a space station, but it'd still work better thematically and logistically than any of those.

Or hell, do the remake map. Jason's cabin/house across the lake and then some smaller houses and one big summer house on the other side.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

My brain keeps parsing that as him picking something up off the ground with his left hand to strike the victim with.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe Part 4 Jason?

He'd be the easiest to use. He basically has the same arms and lower body as part 3, mostly the same mask. Upper body and head are totally different but still.

He also uses a knife more than any other Jason, IE I can think of like once when he did it. Stabbed that hippie chick right in the back of the neck.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

King Vidiot posted:

I was thinking of something that wouldn't be that big of a stretch. How about the rural town area around Crystal Lake, like the bar or restaurant or some residential houses like in Part 6? It's not as interesting as a boat or a city or a space station, but it'd still work better thematically and logistically than any of those.

Or hell, do the remake map. Jason's cabin/house across the lake and then some smaller houses and one big summer house on the other side.

People diss on Part 5 being poo poo and unwanted, but I would love a map that has sections of the trailer park, the hicks shack and the halfway house + other barn in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Playing as Jason Pt 2 QP, and I'm down to the last Vanessa. She's punking the poo poo out of me by running around a dining room table while my shift attempts are absolute garbage. She managed to get down to the 2-minute warning with this stupid tactic.

Just as time runs out, she taunts me by running straight at me.

Fade to black. But I'm still clicking, and she's taking damage.

The final death counter actually ticked up from 7/8 to 8/8, No Survivor bonus, loving BOOYAH

• Locked thread