Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Yay Psylocke! And a PVE event that doesn't have stupid scaling bullshit!

P.S. Hey guys Daken is really useful in this PVE event you oughta try him out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I honestly cannot believe there is finally a PVE event where I can access and complete every mission praise the lord halleleujah

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
Holy poo poo, mission 4 in the easy training room has 5000 iso as its reward.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I was bummed when I saw how many missions require Loki. Then the heroic token from the event gave me Loki. :eyepop:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
This Loki lightning round is gonna be BRUTAL.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Friendly Fire posted:

Holy poo poo, mission 4 in the easy training room has 5000 iso as its reward.

Guess who got that on the first try. :smug:

e: is what I was going to say before I realised that was the only reward so of course that was going to happen. Oh well, still a nice present.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Haha holy poo poo you fight a devil dinosaur!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Goodness, I'm actually having fun with this game again. Classic Storm is amazing in this event. My team of her, Daken and Loki is beating everything to death. Also having Loki to use Trickery against Dakens and Magnetos is pretty nice. Even managed to beat the Hard Mode 5000 Iso fight pretty easily.

messagemode1 posted:

Haha holy poo poo you fight a devil dinosaur!

Going into that battle I though "hooray, Devil Dinosaur on the team again" and then I realised he was an enemy. :(

McDragon fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 11, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

McDragon posted:

Goodness, I'm actually having fun with this game again. Classic Storm is amazing in this event. My team of her, Daken and Loki is beating everything to death. Also having Loki to use Trickery against Dakens and Magnetos is pretty nice. Even managed to beat the Hard Mode 5000 Iso fight pretty easily.

Going into that battle I though "hooray, Devil Dinosaur on the team again" and then I realised he was an enemy. :(

I'm rolling with Storm/Loki/IM40, IM eats the reds I generate and his yellow feeds Storm's green and blue. I need to get that last Storm green cover to double her tile destruction.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Bruceski posted:

I'm rolling with Storm/Loki/IM40, IM eats the reds I generate and his yellow feeds Storm's green and blue. I need to get that last Storm green cover to double her tile destruction.

It doesn't double it. It takes it from 6 tiles + 1 for every 2 green AP to a flat 1 for each green AP. If you only have 12 green, it is destroying the same amount of tiles. Where it makes a difference is when you go over 12 green.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
^^ I think it counts your green AP before it eats them. At least from what I've seen it does with the 2 AP per tile version.

LorneReams posted:

I had three maxed level characters wiped by a level 25 Magneto and co. After the third turn, Magneto started using effects, and 25 minutes later I was done. I literaly had to put the phone down and walk away because it wouldn't end.

Yeah I'm discovering that Dormammu is a real son of a bitch.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Friendly Fire posted:

It doesn't double it. It takes it from 6 tiles + 1 for every 2 green AP to a flat 1 for each green AP. If you only have 12 green, it is destroying the same amount of tiles. Where it makes a difference is when you go over 12 green.

Oh, I missed that. Still worth taking over 4 yellow I assume?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Lightning rounds are goddamn bullshit.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

CaptainScraps posted:

Lightning rounds are goddamn bullshit.

Get your Recruit token and maybe your 250 Iso and call it a day. You're facing the entire player base in these things.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Simulator Hard Mode might as well be called "aren't you glad you have a 4-blue Spider-Man".

Magneto and Daken would ANNIHILATE me if I give them any amount of freedom. If I can lock those I have a chance.

I've been running a Grey Widow / Mordern Storm / Classic Spidey (all 50+) with good success but it all relies on Spidey locking poo poo down then Widow's purple feeding Storm greens to she can collect AP which may as well say collect blue AP so Spidey can continue locking it down.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I need some other data points.

When I first fought Devil Dinosaur on hard his team was level 95-ish. After going and clearing stuff on easy they're all level 120 now for a repeat fight. So clearly MMR is active. Has anyone else seen their levels as drastically different for the first fight (that can't be explained by pumping their MMR on easy first)? I'm trying to figure out if MMR was reset for this event or if we have the same "everyone's starting in different places" problems that the last event had?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I haven't fought them but that fight is currently 110/111/110 for me. I cleared everything but the Loki missions once.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I haven't fought them but that fight is currently 110/111/110 for me. I cleared everything but the Loki missions once.

Hmm. Sounds like it might be a problem, but that's kinda close to say definitively. Anyone seeing them at level 50 or 230 or that kind of thing?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Oh, I missed that. Still worth taking over 4 yellow I assume?

I think it is. If you have some breathing space you can bank it up and really clear the board. A few matches ago, I managed to save up 24 green AP, hit the board for 24 tiles then hit it again for about 14.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My toughest fight is 165s for the Muscle/Daken/WolvieX

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Is there no scaling in this thing for sure, because that is going to be awesome.

What isn't awesome is stacking all the arsenal bonuses at the low points/ I hit 2 of them after 1 event and I was already maxed.

Also, gently caress mandatory Loki.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Karnegal posted:

Is there no scaling in this thing for sure, because that is going to be awesome.

What isn't awesome is stacking all the arsenal bonuses at the low points/ I hit 2 of them after 1 event and I was already maxed.

Also, gently caress mandatory Loki.

The good news about Loki is that so long as you have covers, you don't need to level him at all. In fact, keeping him unleveled seems like a reasonable idea.

I'm really liking this new event. It's not quite as tedious seeming as just about everything over the past couple of months has been.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

I'm really liking this new event. It's not quite as tedious seeming as just about everything over the past couple of months has been.

Yeah, the enemy composition is super varied and their levels are reasonable instead of 'gently caress you'.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

My toughest fight is 165s for the Muscle/Daken/WolvieX

157 here, so time will tell if this cascades into the "everything's level 230" area of absurdity.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

For S.H.I.E.L.D. Field Agent immediate consumption:
A recent memo was released detailing what on private S.H.I.E.L.D. forums our Agents have taken to calling "Skip Tax". While we have no intention of taking away an Agent's income while they are simply completing tasks in the line of duty, Agent feedback to the proposed change has been such that we have decided that moving forward with the change was not the right thing to do. So, while our reasoning behind wanting to implement the change in costs for skipping opponents in our Versus Simulators remained the same we decided to go back to the drawing board on how this would affect our Agents.

We have been rolling things around with our Level 7+ S.H.I.E.L.D. officers and doing some further digging on exactly how Agents are currently utilizing the Versus Simulators. With this additional data in hand, S.H.I.E.L.D. will be turning the income lowering "tax" into an incentive for bravely stepping up to opponents in the face of danger. Starting with the R48 revision to the Starktech Versus Simulator, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s quartermasters will offer bonus Iso for taking on matches without utilizing the Skip function of the device. This bonus will start at a peak and lower each time Skip is used until the Agent is finally being charged a small (capped) amount for continued use of the function. It is believed that Agents will be incentivized to earn extra Iso in addition to the normal 70/140 rewards that are available for each victory. The Victory Bonus is reset after every match, so even if an Agent ends up wanting to skip a couple of times for one match up, they will still be able to take advantage of the bonus Iso for the next match that they come into.

As a summary of what this will look like with R48:
- The Victory Bonus begins at +30 Iso for a win
- The bonus lowers by 10 Iso per Skip
- The bonus disappears at 0, then caps out at -10 Iso per skip after additional skips
- The bonus returns to +30 Iso after the match is completed, win or lose
- The Victory Bonus is only gained if the Agent is successful in their matchup

The intended effects of this change:
- Agents will skip less often due to the likelihood of increased Iso gain
- Agents will fight other teams that are more balanced to their current matchmaking scores instead of skipping until they can find weaker Agents to cherry pick
- Agents will begin falling more in line with others they *should* be matched up against as they are not winning against cakewalks all the time and raising their rating when they would otherwise be facing a challenging team
- Being attacked multiple times by other Agents will decrease as Agents are incentivized to fight who they're matched against instead of picking someone "below" them, which multiple attack recipients often are.
- As Agents get used to this system, they'll be gaining more Iso per battle overall.

S.H.I.E.L.D. officers will be monitoring this change after it goes live on the Simulators and will be ensuring that it in fact has the positive Agent training results that are expected. If necessary, tweaks to this system will be implemented to ensure that Agents feel the full positive effect of this change over time.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bruceski posted:

157 here, so time will tell if this cascades into the "everything's level 230" area of absurdity.

How would you beat that fight (without Spider-man) anyways? Who do you target first, Daken or the Muscle guy?

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

trucutru posted:

How would you beat that fight (without Spider-man) anyways? Who do you target first, Daken or the Muscle guy?

I did it (enemy level 165) with backup team loki, cstorm, moonstone and targeted the muscle guy first after wiping on my first attempt.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chrisf posted:

I did it (enemy level 165) with backup team loki, cstorm, moonstone and targeted the muscle guy first after wiping on my first attempt.

I managed to beat the level with the demolitionists in hard with a team of lvl6 Venom, Bagman, and C.Hawkeye that I chose at random to lose and hopefully lower my MMR. Took like twenty minutes but Venom ate well.

Edit: Anyways, my goal in this event is to get to that yellow patch cover. Hipefully it is actually possible. The three missions in hard that I can actually finish should help. (the difficulty is still out of whack and my teams are not going to be able to take it).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 12, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bruceski posted:

I hit the 230s in heroic :toot:

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Ghostlight posted:

I hit the 230s in heroic :toot:

ditto, no wolverine on my team is making it worse too. Black Widow Grey suit just had no HP

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Karnegal posted:

ditto, no wolverine on my team is making it worse too. Black Widow Grey suit just had no HP
Their odd level/damage scaling decisions make 230 daken hit over twice as hard as 230 wolvX (155 best per tile over 70), and daken's % based health regen is stupid when he has 10k hp. At level 165, the mission was tough but doable, at 230 my same team gets wiped before I can get enough ap to do anything to daken.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
My work won't let me play this due to some weird firewall. Facebook is allowed, but any sort of game requiring GameCenter or network connection (this, QuizUp) won't load. 😖

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, basically, everything now is at 230, and I -a player that started three weeks ago- am supposed to deal with it thanks to...

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kameh posted:

My work won't let me play this due to some weird firewall. Facebook is allowed, but any sort of game requiring GameCenter or network connection (this, QuizUp) won't load. 😖

Turn wifi off and use your dataplan? You shouldn't be using company wifi for personal use anyway, not that most people don't do it but still its not like a game uses a lot of data unless its updating.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Reception is really bad in the building, but I didn't even think to try this. Works fine. What a simpleton I am.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Currently the last fight for the Simulator Hard is level 180 or something, and I'm in Top 10 for main and both subs. Daken is pretty much the MVP of this event. Getting 2 50-damage Strike Tiles every green match is amazing.

OBW, Daken, Modern Storm and Loki let me cruise through this even for the most part, and my Storm and Loki are both under 20. Storm is especially amazing in the Oasis against Doom / Rag / Jug, letting me take them down while taking virtually no damage, since Daken tanks and heals off most of the damage early-game and Storm's skill + Oasis 25 AP skill keeps them from getting a single term in the later half.

Did need Spidey for the Daken / X-Force Wolvie / Other Guy fight. Spidey / Ares / Loki barely did it (Spidey nearly died) but after I managed to get enough Blue AP Ares was able to burst 'em down pretty fast.

Toughest fight is probably the Hood / Magneto / Whoever the Third is fight, since the first Environment skill is pretty useless and Magneto is incredibly annoying with his goddamn Red.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm pretty boned on this event. Went to bed, woke up, and everything is literally a hundred levels higher than it was yesterday. No explanation why. Sucks, because I really wanted that Psylocke.

EDIT

The third is Dr. Doom, who I leave for last because he's sort of bad in this game, but apparently, at like, level a billion or whatever, his demons do something insane like 2000 damage, collectively. A turn.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

chrisf posted:

Their odd level/damage scaling decisions make 230 daken hit over twice as hard as 230 wolvX (155 best per tile over 70), and daken's % based health regen is stupid when he has 10k hp. At level 165, the mission was tough but doable, at 230 my same team gets wiped before I can get enough ap to do anything to daken.

He's not only 230, he's boosted.

Which is great for using daken on every other mission.

Daken powered standings:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

trucutru posted:

So, basically, everything now is at 230, and I -a player that started three weeks ago- am supposed to deal with it thanks to...

it's to prevent players from grinding it and having an unfair advantage over beginner players or some poo poo like that but it just seems like it rewards those who played first wins which is a stupid way to handle it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

messagemode1 posted:

He's not only 230, he's boosted.

Which is great for using daken on every other mission.

Daken powered standings:

Makes me wish I did a little worse in the first Double Shot and got my last few Daken covers.