Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Someones mad about setting off the lunk alarm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
spent the last week in new orleans and at home for two thanksgivings without any concern for what i ate

187->196

help

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
RIP man

RIP

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Eat big, get big.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
God, TenementFunster, you're still here?

Enjoy the holiday gains. Convert turkey into swoleness.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Sludge Tank posted:

Review of my gym

SWOLECEPTION: "best gym in hobart"

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Squat 357
Bench 270
Deadlift 435

Total = 1062 @201lbs

Got my lifts judged for the 1000lb club at this base. Feels good man

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Congrats

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

TenementFunster posted:

spent the last week in new orleans and at home for two thanksgivings without any concern for what i ate

187->196

help

Great work!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Party Alarm posted:

Squat 357
Bench 270
Deadlift 435

Total = 1062 @201lbs

Got my lifts judged for the 1000lb club at this base. Feels good man

Fkn awesome !! What was your bw?

201 lol im dumb

Fallows fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 28, 2017

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

TenementFunster posted:

187->196

help

My scale broke the monday or tuesday before thanksgiving. New one showed up Saturday. Wife and I both were heavier on the new scale. "Probably just the new scale"

Weighed my eleiko bar on it to see how far off it was. Exactly 20kg.

:fat:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We don't do thanksgiving but I've started xmas food shopping, and eating the xmas food shopping.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Check out this genius

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Ferret King posted:

God, TenementFunster, you're still here?
~what is that supposed to mean?~

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

TenementFunster posted:

~what is that supposed to mean?~

He thought you'd ascended to the next plane of swolerenity.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dril/status/935421211416330240

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

some fuckboy took my bench when i walked away to tell my friend i dont need a spot till over 225, i ask him to use one of the two other open benches right next to it and he said they werent set up lol and hed like to work in so i just went to the one next to it...

when i was doing 285(new pr!!!) i looked over and he had taken the 45s off and had 25 and a 10 on each side

then when i was finishing up i hear him asking some other guy to work in on a pulley machine

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
He wanted to "work in".

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Saw a dude take a gnarly wipeout trying to do box jumps on steppers that clearly weren't made to be stacked. He kept at it, though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
whats the point of box jumps other than to show people u can jump high

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

whats the point of box jumps other than to show people u can jump high

"functional" training like our ripped caveman ancestors did

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
So you can dunk on fools you turkey

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

There's this dude at my gym who wears gloves every time he lifts, even though he's not lifting nearly enough where his hands would get damaged. Talking like 60lbs for curls and benching under 135. But the worst loving thing is that his gloves reek of vinegar and BO, I can smell him 15 feet away and I'm ready to gag. I want to say something to him but I...really don't want to interact with him. Also every time he does anything he makes a face like Arnie in The Running Man.

On the plus side I got 4 reps out of 275lbs squat today, goal is 315 by May.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
60lb dumbbell? That's a lot.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

bamhand posted:

60lb dumbbell? That's a lot.

Barbell...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Once upon a time I would carry a chalk ball in my gym bag and holy poo poo did that thing go to smell awful fast.

The chalk itself would have lasted me forever but there was just no way I could keep using it.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I like to work out at lunch and them go back to my desk wearing the same but now smelly underwear and socks. I don't bring a change of these for some reason.

I also like to sit at my desk without my shoes so my smelly socks air out.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Thesaurus posted:

I also like to sit at my desk without my shoes so my smelly socks air out.

Don't doxx me.

Also i have an entire shelf in my cube devoted to gym clothing. Wear it once, febreze it. Wear it twice, take it home. Do until out of clothes, then wear the same thing 4 times because gently caress laundry when you need to get quarters.

In other news, hooray it looks like my injuries haven't made me lose that much lifting power, i just get winded a lot faster and can only work out for like 45 mins, not a whole hour, or hour-15.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Yeah, I was all paranoid about losing strength after catching a bug over the weekend but it's pretty much all back now. Paranoia was compounded by missing 2 workouts last week due to thanksgiving loving up the gyms schedule.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

u did lose out on gains tho which is just as bad!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Constipated posted:

Yeah, I was all paranoid about losing strength after catching a bug over the weekend but it's pretty much all back now. Paranoia was compounded by missing 2 workouts last week due to thanksgiving loving up the gyms schedule.

What bug did you catch that you thought you'd lose strength over a few days?

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I dunno I was a little feverish and weak for a few days, but it seems to have passed. My throat is pretty loving sore, other than that I'm feeling good. Think I PR'd my 225 bench press by 1 rep tonight. :toot:

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I spotted for a guy today squatting 565lbs. It was a "weak day" for him as he's on a cut, he was hoping to hit 600lbs today. hoping for 705lbs next year, been lifting two years. not on juice.

There's another kid at my gym, 22 years old, weighs 370lbs (and still growing... he's about 7' tall. loving eclipse) and he's squatting upwards of 750lbs at the moment and deadlifting a little more I think.

I love finally being in a gym surrounded by serious lifters as opposed to the bullshit budget commercial gym i was in before. Although its hugely crushing to my ego but super motivational. :3:2

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 30, 2017

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Sludge Tank posted:

I love finally being in a gym surrounded by serious lifters as opposed to the bullshit budget commercial gym i was in before. Although its hugely crushing to my ego but super motivational. :3:2

After like 3 years of saying that in these threads, someone has listened :stoked:

The rest of you keep digging your way out of the holes you're in.

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
I love how friendly they all are too. Its funny the powerlifting/strongman crowd are the friendliest, cuddliest people of all the membership. The bodybuilders are standard a little arrogant and the crossfit/functional/group training crowd are just their usual cult-like selves.

Way more of a community vibe though.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

There's some boot camp fitness type place (maybe it's crossfit?) at the end of my street and I loving hate it because people constantly shortcut around the main road by flying up my one-way street in the wrong direction. I've almost been t-boned more than once pulling out of my driveway to go to work because of idiots rushing to their 8AM session of getting yelled at through a bullhorn while dragging tires around. It's also annoyingly ironic how the parking lot for the gym is a block away but they invariably park on my narrow street so they don't have to walk the extra 500 feet. No joke, the overwhelming majority of them drive white BMW SUVs or black Maserati/BMW sedans.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
people will sit and wait for spots right infront of my gym and block traffic. these are the people who do the machine circuit on the lowest setting 3 days a week and complain that they dont see any results.

i park all the way in the back of the parking lot. dont scratch my sweet ride baby. :smug:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Once every 2-3 weeks the local cops will send a car over to do a run of the street and ticket all the asshats, but sadly it doesn't happen enough to get the message through

It's like the easiest money to bring into the town, too, they could probably build that stupid loving parking garage the town has been making GBS threads their pants over for years just off ticket revenue if they started doing daily sweeps.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

i just did the first workout of the RP physique program.

this is going to hurt a lot isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You are all disgusting, wash your workout clothes.

Unless you train around crossfitters, then you're doing gods work.