Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

piratepilates posted:

if anyone here doesn't watch ymh and doesn't know what we're talking about, behold the mcdonald's set:

It looks like a special episode of The People's Court set inside a McDonald's. Their old studio was perfectly fine.

Rogan's new studio is obviously a nod to the beginnings of his podcast and is an interior view of a Fleshlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

piratepilates posted:

if anyone here doesn't watch ymh and doesn't know what we're talking about, behold the mcdonald's set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Zgvd0VqfY

Wow, that gives off very strong & powerful "chain restaurant" vibes.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Wait I can still listen to his stuff on his site? Or is that option going away?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

The new setup is quite strange. I can't tell if its just camera angles or what but it seems super small. But what is it even? The sloping walls made me think it was a garden shed at first. Did his new place have an underground bunker or something and they decided to build it in there or....?

A temporary thing while they setup something better? Is it an Airstream trailer they are cruising around doing interviews in?

Its just such a weird shaped, small, space I can't imagine its meant as a permanent set.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Piquai Souban posted:

We’re really overdue for a Jordan Peterson episode where he updates us on how healthy he is on his daughter’s regimen.

JP got addicted to Benzos and then travelled to Russia to kick them cold turkey and his brain is now hosed. We probably won't see him in public ever again.

This also confirms that his bizarre eating habits were likely triggered by massive anxiety.

It also gives added context to all the incel videos on youtube praising him for never getting flustered during arguments. He wasn't flustered because he was completely loaded on Benzos, not because he's some Alpha God.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The procedure for kicking them cold turkey was to be put in a medically induced coma.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, is he still taking Benzos? I assume not, so the therapy certainly did what it was supposed to.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Has he given any interviews yet, or published youtube videos? I'm curious if he's seriously mentally impaired from that coma trip.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just going to quote the twitter thread that has all that documented.

Wark Say posted:

Remember that it's very likely that the lobster man has probably suffered from multiple organ failure + neurological damage.

Just in case, here's the thread, following the dipshits around through their diet shenanigans:
https://twitter.com/RationalDis/status/1293292933807058948?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Finding out his daughter had a kid with a guy she knew less than a year and then abandoned the kid for the guy that got owned on twitter for posing by sports cars saying Star Wars fans will never lead his life and it turned out he and his brother were making money off running a warehouse full of Eastern European camgirls is my favorite part of the Peterson saga.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Wark Say posted:

I'm just going to quote the twitter thread that has all that documented.

oh and he caught corona in serbia. after pneumonia the same year?! someone in the thread suggested he probably underwent "deep sleep" therapy, that killed a bunch of people in australia. the guy who ran the clinic committed suicide in the 80s. https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg12917500-400-nightmare-on-chelmsford-sydney/

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

jordan peterson was just an unassuming psychology professor at an esteemed canadian university, he really did not need to be involved in any of this, but he brought it on himself :shrug:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

piratepilates posted:

jordan peterson was just an unassuming psychology professor at an esteemed canadian university, he really did not need to be involved in any of this, but he brought it on himself :shrug:

I mean he became a millionaire off of lying about a law so I don't feel too bad for him.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And now he can't enjoy it. Brain damage tends to do that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So did Biden dismiss the Joe Rogan/Trump interview face-off?

Jim Bont
Apr 29, 2008

You were supposed to take those out of the deck.
Listening to the recent Snowden interview made me realize I'm not going to miss this when it disappears off to Spotify in December (apart from the very occasional excellent episode like the Manson/CIA book guy). loving hell Snowden was talking about mass surveillance & intelligence agencies hacking your phone and Joe kept bringing it back to Twitter banning users for misgendering trans people, it occupies a bigger space in his brain than any other political topic.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Is it the same one where this is from? https://twitter.com/AlexPattyy/status/1305953548291780614

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Really enjoying the "evil underground lair" vibe his new studio has, lmao

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Yeesh. I want to agree that if you didn't realize someone had transitioned and you are just referring to them, and Twitter bans you for life with no recourse, that does seem unreasonable. Or even if you *were* doing it to be mean when Trump is not banned from Twitter. It wouldn't shock me if that's a false premise, though.

But regardless, discussing that in the same context as government censorship is super bizarre. I really don't understand the right-wing idea lately that Twitter is beholden somehow to behave a certain way, and that it's some kind of injustice when they don't. "Cancel culture", I guess.

I remember feeling this way about Adam Carolla, where like, I'd been listening to him since I was a teenager and as he started saying more and more heinous things I kept saying "well, I've listened to him for a while and I don't think he means it that way", or "I bet if you asked him this clarifying question he would totally be reasonable!" I turned out to be wrong about that, though.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Yes, that's from the latest Snowden episode.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

vote_no posted:

I remember feeling this way about Adam Carolla, where like, I'd been listening to him since I was a teenager and as he started saying more and more heinous things I kept saying "well, I've listened to him for a while and I don't think he means it that way", or "I bet if you asked him this clarifying question he would totally be reasonable!" I turned out to be wrong about that, though.

Same. Carolla is so disappointing. I used to crack up at him on loveline but ever since he created his podcast he just sounds like a bitter old man more everyday. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but he’s just turned into man yelling at cloud dot jpg

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

wooger posted:

It’s not

Weird, I'm still getting episodes from my subscription.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Jordan P thread is gone, I'd like to find out more. Is there another thread or article?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Adam Carolla has always been a bootstraps** type shitbag who at least was funny and occasionally had OKish views on other stuff. Hes a complete idiot now tho much the same way Dennis Miller broke his own brain from 9/11.

**Getting picked out from the dumpster by Jimmy Kimmel is totally bootstrapping in Adams eyes

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ICHIBAHN posted:

The Jordan P thread is gone, I'd like to find out more. Is there another thread or article?
It's still there; like some 14 or so posts above yours, as a matter of fact.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

It's still there; like some 14 or so posts above yours, as a matter of fact.

No link??? S’pose I’ll find it with m’boot straps.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Uh, what? :confused:

It's literally quoted in my post that's near the top of this page.

Here's the thing, just in case.

https://twitter.com/RationalDis/status/1293292933807058948?s=20

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah not loading on my app though.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

You have to go to its thread on twitter.com to actually read the thread. It only displays the first message on the embed here so you can't read it from SA. If that's what you're referring when you say

ICHIBAHN posted:

Yeah not loading on my app though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, yeah. The twitter app on android seems to be crapping out at intervals.

It is totally visible if you click on it through the computer or open it through the Chrome Browser/App.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

"Spotify Employees Demanding Direct Editorial Oversight Over Joe Rogan Podcasts — Before They’re Published"

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/09/18/joe-rogan-spotify-editorial-oversight/

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sand Monster posted:

"Spotify Employees Demanding Direct Editorial Oversight Over Joe Rogan Podcasts — Before They’re Published"

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2020/09/18/joe-rogan-spotify-editorial-oversight/
Can't blame corrupt greedy executives on this one. Nay, it is the employees of Spotify who demand that Joe gets a restraining order.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The worst deal ever honestly, what a loving joke

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

All that glitters, is not gold

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ICHIBAHN posted:

The worst deal ever honestly, what a loving joke

If they break his contract, and he gets out of it while holding onto 100 mil, I'd dare say it's the best deal ever.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I figured Rogan was lying about having total control since giving someone 100 million with some of the psychopaths in his backlog is ridiculous if you weren't gonna cut them out.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011
This is going to be very interesting as it unfolds

My guess is they made a deal to allow the old controversial episodes (and possibly any future ones) to live on Youtube after they go exclusive. I can't imagine Joe allowing them to in any meaningful way silence him. If he was only in it for the money he'd be doing international UFCs in between the latest reincarnation of Fear Factor.

Also keep in mind these are just the spotify employees, so we're still a ways from anything actually happening

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

deep space nein posted:

My guess is they made a deal to allow the old controversial episodes (and possibly any future ones) to live on Youtube after they go exclusive. I can't imagine Joe allowing them to in any meaningful way silence him. If he was only in it for the money he'd be doing international UFCs in between the latest reincarnation of Fear Factor.

He makes way more money this way, I can't imagine television would pay anything but a fraction.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Fear Factor was canceled anyway it's not like Joe can just be like "yo let's get the ol gang together and feed people some goat dicks and bull cum"

Honestly just fire these spotify employees. Why some random dipshit thinks they should have any say on what is allowed on his show is unbelievably moronic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I doubt this is the case, but part of me wonders if it’s some intentionally “leaked” info that will guarantee the fanbase going nuts, then a planned statement from Joe about how it’ll forever be a show without corporate influence.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Fear Factor was canceled anyway it's not like Joe can just be like "yo let's get the ol gang together and feed people some goat dicks and bull cum"

Isn’t it back on with Ludacris hosting?