Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i like that with a good pair of headphones you are basically wallhacking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Krogort posted:

Allowing people who are dedicated to a handful of operators to be even better with them.

Forseable consequences:
Bigger skill gap
Enticing people to "main" a handful of operators (even more so than today)
Making top operators become picked more often (as everyone will main them)
Making average to bad operators be picked less often (as nobody will main them)
Making Smurf Ash even more unbearable

Also risk loving up something that work fine and take development ressources away from more urgent needs

You forgot the other thing: fixed recoil patterns make poo poo like AHK or mouse macros way more appealing because you can just program the pattern in them. CSS had a lot of this back in the day.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I for one am glad to download a 26GB update which will give me fewer maps to play, or does that bullshit happen later?

Either way I'm pretty unenthused.

explosivo posted:

Can someone explain to a non-CS:GO pro what is so bad about fixed recoil? Removing randomness? Allowing people to memorize compensation patterns?

Recoil existing as a thing you have to deal with is pointless if it can be overcome with a macro that reliably eliminates it.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

lohli posted:

I for one am glad to download a 26GB update which will give me fewer maps to play, or does that bullshit happen later?

Either way I'm pretty unenthused.

Recoil existing as a thing you have to deal with is pointless if it can be overcome with a macro that reliably eliminates it.

26GB?! What the gently caress they removed more maps than added and downgraded the textures.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Party Plane Jones posted:

You forgot the other thing: fixed recoil patterns make poo poo like AHK or mouse macros way more appealing because you can just program the pattern in them. CSS had a lot of this back in the day.

Oh God that never even occurred to me

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Can anyone confirm that they already patched in the fixed recoil thing?

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

rap music posted:

26GB?! What the gently caress they removed more maps than added and downgraded the textures.

I don't think they're physically removing maps yet, just removing from the rotation for now, but supposedly that will change later. Also this patch has quite a bit of optimization so you have to re-download a bunch of stuff basically, not just new content.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

keyframe posted:

Trap Siege starts now.

Uh excuse me but we all agreed:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ReliableNimbleHerdPeoplesChamp

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Guillermus posted:

Can anyone confirm that they already patched in the fixed recoil thing?

Yes. They also removed all the maps but Bartlett and all the operators but Capitao and tachanka.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Estimated patch size: 26 GB
Actual patch size: 42 GB

On an unrelated note Hard did SOMETHING so that me and my friend with an even shittier computer both get a solid 60 FPS on every map all the time. It's incredible and makes the game so, so much more fun.

It's 42 GB cause you have ultra textures, it's there in the Blood Orchid patch notes.

Are the servers up yet?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCYlNgdg2cM

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Please post if you get random crashing mid match. Since getting the patch I have played 4 matches and in two may game crashed out.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kikas posted:

It's 42 GB cause you have ultra textures, it's there in the Blood Orchid patch notes.

Are the servers up yet?

Oh thanks for letting me know to turn those off, I play on the lowest settings so I had no idea they were wasting space on my hard drive.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Ultra textures are only worth it for the gun skins.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

my kinda ape posted:

Yes. They also removed all the maps but Bartlett and all the operators but Capitao and tachanka.

Looks like it's a strong contender against Quake Champions then!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Trap meta is real.

Also, I dunno where they zeroed the default ranking for the new casual matchmaking, but so far my experience has been getting shot in the head within .0003 seconds of showing my face anywhere.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
only 2 hours left...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWKa4QHuneQ

iq stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgOccx9U6qI

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ela's bio posted:

Potential for latent authority issues. Can be trumped by her need of validation. It is recommended to emphasize prestige when assigning her an operation.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it but this reminds me of someone :trumppop:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh.
I guess that someting is wrong cause my buddy had to download the PC Patch 3 times before the game started up.

And we're all getting the "hey dude that video driver of your dont look so good" announcement from uplay. Plus another one of my buddies can't play because the new game code puts too much strain on his CPU and he went from 80FPS to 50 ;f

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Loving the new hidden headgear for Twitch and IQ.

https://streamable.com/bsc3p

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm the Three-Eyed Raven now

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

New black uniforms are really good, blew away all my siege bux and still need to buy em for 12 operators.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Patch size was explained a few weeks back.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-ca/news/164-297567-16/data-cleanup-season-3-patch-size-pc-hd-texture-pack

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Hit reg is atrocious now.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Got 10 kills in one match tonight. Still got it, boys

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Only really a problem with knives for me. For some reason I absolutely cannot for the life of me kill anyone by knifing them. I get three or four attempts in at point blank before they shoot me.

One time the "you were killed by" screen had a picture of me knifing them in the face.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

You might need to manually select a region, for whatever reason mine just says -1 for ping and has a random region when I leave it on default. Think my last region was SBR which is Brazil isn't it?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Hard, I load so fast now without a SSD, what the gently caress

Thanks!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Did the update make Shotguns even less accurate? I don't expect one hit kill but if Ash is on the landing I'm at the top of the stairs a chest /facial should do more than 20%. I had a few other shots that seemed dead to rights and the pellets went around the targets like they had the Fortune device.

Orv
May 4, 2011
In nine years I will be able to play another Rainbow Six Siege update that breaks the hit reg for upwards of a month.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Athanatos posted:

Hard, I load so fast now without a SSD, what the gently caress

Thanks!
Yeah this is awesome. Used to take forever to load for some reason but not anymore!

Ying is super fun.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Flipswitch posted:

Ying is super fun.

yeah, they're all pretty fun! lesion seems the weakest of the 3 but the easiest so it balances out

also Ela is everything i ever wanted from a defender:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_m8JmBMTrU

just gotta get used to that loving recoil and her shotgun will be as fun as the russian one :laugh:

if you wanna play srsly though, she is a great pair to any roamers that know how to backtrack because you can improvise traps in like 2 seconds and setup immediate ambush spots while they think they are chasing a lone Cav or whatever

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My frame rate has gone from 60fps to 90 - 100fps now with this new patch. <3

Orv
May 4, 2011
A good semi auto shotgun? :dong:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

nVidia really hosed something up with the Aug 23rd drivers. I'm getting severe hitching, going from 100+ fps to 14-15 in Siege and WoW. Both ran completely fine yesterday before I downloaded the drivers.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Ela is way too good.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Rip jager acog. Flicks wont be the same.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyIronicHerdSwiftRage

Trap Siege.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So Hard, how is it that every time there's a seasonal patch the hit reg breaks completely again and you have to spend three months fixing it? Every single time?

E: And I'm only directing this at you because you're the guy who works on it here, it's probably nothing you're doing or could do anything about, but at some point it's an absurd level of incompetence that it has happened not once, not twice where it might be understandable, but seven times.

Orv fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Sep 6, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jehde posted:

Ela is way too good.
Her SMG needs it's mag size like halfed, she's great to play though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I didn't find Ela particularly difficult to fight against, then again I played as IQ and Tatcher almost exclusively. God it feels so good playing as IQ now, there are very few situations that you don't get to use your gadget and Pulse hunting has never been this fun. We've noticed that the flash effect from the Grzmot mine has friendly fire, dunno about the stun effect. First time it got me I thought my mouse broke, didn't realize it would gently caress with my sensitivity. Hit reg doesn't feel different with the exception of shooting at Frost - she's super resistant to bullets, but overall the peek game is much more fair I guess. All the times I died peeking last night I was always able to see my killer before they shot me, which is good, this is what I wanted with this patch.

Also someone should be made aware (just as usual - ignore the screaming Poles) that Mira windows are still bugged in some places: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouzuGPJFYK8

• Locked thread