Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why would you put a reticule on your butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Alteisen posted:

Too much Tequila leads to questionable decisions. Dont judge

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Alteisen posted:

So your opponents know where to kiss, duh!!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

She Bangs the Drums posted:

where are the Sharpshooters pants?
Once you hear the deep lore you will feel ashamed for your words and deeds

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Has anyone increased the maxbodies setting to something really high? How did that go?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Lpzie posted:

Has anyone increased the maxbodies setting to something really high? How did that go?

Depending on your rig, it will make your poo poo slow down significantly or crash. I have mine default because it turns out that bodies, even though they're client side, still exist and if you're a commando or something and one is blocking a zed, it won't penetrate.

Basically more bodies = more poo poo your bullets may or may not have to travel through.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Lpzie posted:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Lpzie posted:

It was alright (albeit marginally playable), but then the physic-sy gore system was introduced and since they both have about the same performance hit i prefer the latter.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That picture must be hella old, can't remember the last time I saw someone using the Eviscerator.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

ZearothK posted:

That picture must be hella old, can't remember the last time I saw someone using the Eviscerator.

It is. Really, though, the Eviscerator is mostly unchanged and it's still usable. It just pales (ridiculously so) in comparison to the weapons that come prior to it.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I set it to 200 once and while it looked amazing wave 5 was unplayable. I'm talking like 2-3 fps and I got to see a series of pictures of a scrake charging at me then chainsawing my face. Looks awesome. Now I have it set near 50 and it still ends up pretty crazy looking.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Tempted to get my commando to 25 before gunslinger drops, is it actually worth it at higher levels?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
How is cranking up the blood spatter performance wise anyways, compared to body count?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nalesh posted:

Tempted to get my commando to 25 before gunslinger drops, is it actually worth it at higher levels?

The 25 perks for Commando are dumb and useless, but the class itself at 25 is fun. You can usually take on Scrakes if you're smart with it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1453355#post1453355

:laffo:

Some of these people have a massive entitlement complex.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Skoll posted:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1453355#post1453355

:laffo:

Some of these people have a massive entitlement complex.

Did he just...blame Tripwire for himself abandoning a series of tutorial videos because he was lazy?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"some of you may recognize me as an active member of the community"

34 posts

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

Did he just...blame Tripwire for himself abandoning a series of tutorial videos because he was lazy?

Wah, Tripwire won't let me have a direct line to them. Waaahhhh.

CJacobs posted:

"some of you may recognize me as an active member of the community"

34 posts

:reddit: thinks they're the only community for everything.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

MadBimber posted:

I was playing on a custom map server the other day, got voted into a new map. Oh great, it's a trainer map. Well, maybe I can gently caress with the guys trying to level. I'll just explore it a bit and...

:wtc:

This is all I can see looking at those

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

IT'S DECEMBER IN 24 HOURS KILLING FLOOR 3 BETTER BE OUT BY THEN OR I'M TELLING GABEN QUESTIONER IS loving US AGAIN!!!

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
Man, Commando is a really fun class. A couple nights ago everything just clicked, and I was popping heads left and right, even with the AR15. Helps if you prioritize stalkers over other targets too, since your teammates can't see them without the perk.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

Man, Commando is a really fun class. A couple nights ago everything just clicked, and I was popping heads left and right, even with the AR15. Helps if you prioritize stalkers over other targets too, since your teammates can't see them without the perk.

As a zerker and pyro, I loving love high level commandos.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ludicrous Gibs! posted:

You sir, are playing the Commando the right way. :bravo:

Imo, Stalkers, Sirens, and Bloats always take priority. Your job is to kill trash. Learn it. Love it.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Once you've played Commando for a bit you should be able to spot the tiny shimmer of stalkers at any range when you play other classes. Except through blowing snow, *grumble*.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Alereon posted:

Once you've played Commando for a bit you should be able to spot the tiny shimmer of stalkers at any range when you play other classes. Except through blowing snow, *grumble*.

And complete darkness of the Catacombs. Stalkers are most dangerous on that map.

RickDaedalus
Aug 2, 2009
I did some more thinking about demo and have come to the conclusion that the class does indeed have the right amount of ammo for waves. Problem is that for boss fights the ammo supply doesn't cut it. Enough for standard waves but, not enough for boss fights. Kinda weird.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kikas posted:

And complete darkness of the Catacombs. Stalkers are most dangerous on that map.

I alleviate that by not playing Catacombs.

RickDaedalus posted:

I did some more thinking about demo and have come to the conclusion that the class does indeed have the right amount of ammo for waves. Problem is that for boss fights the ammo supply doesn't cut it. Enough for standard waves but, not enough for boss fights. Kinda weird.

Demo doesn't have enough ammo for boss wave because Hans is completely explosive resistant. You do some pitiful amount of damage to him with Demo weapons.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Did no one ask if the Patriarch has his chestdick?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Skoll posted:

Demo doesn't have enough ammo for boss wave because Hans is completely explosive resistant. You do some pitiful amount of damage to him with Demo weapons.

hey speaking of which have they said anything at all about the C4 stacking nerf penalty? Removing it, ideally, but at bare minimum actually indicating it in the game? Silent penalties like that are MWO-tier decisions. :colbert:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

averox posted:

Did no one ask if the Patriarch has his chestdick?

He has little tentacles on his back now, which I'm guessing replace the chestdick.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

hey speaking of which have they said anything at all about the C4 stacking nerf penalty? Removing it, ideally, but at bare minimum actually indicating it in the game? Silent penalties like that are MWO-tier decisions. :colbert:

It was in KF1, so I assume that's why it was ported over here. I haven't heard any word about it though.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

He has little tentacles on his back now, which I'm guessing replace the chestdick.

Nope, the chestdick is still there, except it's coming out of his navel this time around.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

my uncle works at tripwire and he told me killing floor 5 is coming out tomorrow THIS WILL NOT BE IN THE MEDIA!!!!

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

my uncle works at tripwire and he told me killing floor 5 is coming out tomorrow THIS WILL NOT BE IN THE MEDIA!!!!

You'd better remind him to add in that nude code.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

So what you're saying is that by Killing Floor 3 his chestdick will just be a dickdick :getin:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I know I asked a couple pages ago for firebug tips but when and how should I be using microwave gun? Keep in mind I'm mostly talking about hard right now. I only have level 10-13 perks (medic and commando) so I haven't ventured up. I should be gently tapping it against giant assholes right?

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Tokubetsu posted:

I know I asked a couple pages ago for firebug tips but when and how should I be using microwave gun? Keep in mind I'm mostly talking about hard right now. I only have level 10-13 perks (medic and commando) so I haven't ventured up. I should be gently tapping it against giant assholes right?

You seem to have the basic idea. It really depends on what your other weapon is. For myself I use the Caulk 'n Burn as my main weapon to take out the trash and the Microwave for when Scrakes and FPs show up, or when my CnB is running dangerously low on ammo or there's still a bunch of poo poo and it's not worth it to reload. And yes, feathering the fire button is the way to go because the Firebug's flame weapons shoot a little bit longer after you release the trigger. Plus with Heat Wave you can usually set enemies on fire at point-blank range and they'll stumble and you can just move around while they flail, but I wouldn't rely on the burn damage too much. Also, aiming at legs/feet is usually a good idea.

Also with the Microwave Gun, I can't do it all the time and it depends on a couple factors, but the alt-fire burst does knock enemies back so if you can use it now and then against charging FPs/Scrakes to save yourself/teammates. Works really well if they're running up ramps/stairs or near a drop-off point.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

ponzicar posted:

You'd better remind him to add in that nude code.

Patriarch Nude c ode is real. My Aunt (its 2015 folks, women work in gaming too) who works at Tripwire International told me so.

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 1, 2015

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Patriarch Nude c ode is real. My Aunt (its 2015 folks, women work in gaming too) who works at Tripwire International told me so.

these jokes are bad

please tell better jokes

tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Mr. Foster walks into a bar. The bartender says: "Why the long face?"