Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Diet Crack posted:

Enhance

Enhance

What in the human loving biology is going on here

I think she's got puffy knuckles on that hand. See pic below (if you enlarge it, the knuckles look very puffy on her left hand.)

OwlFancier posted:

In dogs you can get a thing called interdigital foliculitis but I don't know if humans get it.

Maybe this ^^ (human equivalent) or maybe diabetes type 2 symptom?

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/APHPaterson/status/1576987910255026176

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
From what I’ve seen about Linehan it’s not his views that have gotten him ‘cancelled’, it’s being a whiny dickhead who’s harassed everyone he once had a relationship with.

That and he’s basically joined a cult, but hasn’t realised it. Oh, and torched his entire life almost entirely due to a crippling Twitter addiction, which I find morbidly fascinating to watch for some reason

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Ahahah the guy clapping like he's watching his firstborn be disemboweled but he's trying to be enthusiastic about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DimxUGfHIqs

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Still hasn't logged off yet.

https://twitter.com/ICanSeeForever1/status/1576859281298968576

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/i0null/status/1576954578280456192

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I think she's got puffy knuckles on that hand. See pic below (if you enlarge it, the knuckles look very puffy on her left hand.)

Good lord, the woman's only 50. I've been assuming she was approaching pension age.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Is this another case of that weird thing where all Tories either look really old or stupidly young, with no intermediary group.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Like yes, pronoun declarations are a ritual, in the sense that... every time you say hello to someone you don't know it's a ritual, rituals are a normal part of life, we have them to make difficult social things easier.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
ritual is a good idea tbh, going to carry round some candles and prepare a chant in Latin for each time i meet someone

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Like yes, pronoun declarations are a ritual, in the sense that... every time you say hello to someone you don't know it's a ritual, rituals are a normal part of life, we have them to make difficult social things easier.

initiating post quoting ritual

initiating response ritual

"yeah exactly"

initiating post ritual

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She's literally just describing a new custom that she isn't used to and is therefore weird. Like if she grew up somewhere that people didn't do handshakes and was screaming about why people want to touch your hands.

Oct 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/ma_khodabandeh/status/1576973882107768833

And they will be welcomed with open arms.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

iirc gout can also do that but I ain't no fatfingerologist

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

She's literally just describing a new custom that she isn't used to and is therefore weird. Like if she grew up somewhere that people didn't do handshakes and was screaming about why people want to touch your hands.
The one good thing about it (other than lol@terf) is that the internet has a new character now :3:

https://twitter.com/AdriMakesArt/status/1575940012041940992

https://twitter.com/Cookie__Sophie/status/1575910490618081281/

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I suppose if the trend continues at least maya will eventually be able to find the pictures of the alien nadgers she so desperately desires.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol
https://twitter.com/JeffSamuels420/status/1576859277372760064

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I don't want to look, but I hope even the Rule 34 perverts keep them deliberately ambiguous just to annoy Maya.

And Glinner, who we know is furiously googling or duckduckgoing or whatever weird david icke search engine he uses now he's fully gone.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

I don't want to look, but I hope even the Rule 34 perverts keep them deliberately ambiguous just to annoy Maya.

particularly as i'm pretty sure Tala is "canonically" a child, though when has that ever stopped internet perverts

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/tala_alien/status/1576581496659320834

They might be 500,000 years old, but I'm not sure if that's canon and I don't buy it for 900 year old anime demons and I'm not going to look regardless because they're a library mascot for children 0-5 years old so anybody even thinking about that should feel very bad about themselves Maya.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
They have the mind of a 4,000 year old demon.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I like that some people are choosing to put pronouns in emails/bios at work because they want to and suddenly it's ”being forced on us". They are desperate to be the victims.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Especially with offices that are multinational, like if you're communicating with people in India and China and places with with non-anglo naming conventions (or local staff with same) then it's just helpful and polite and avoids miscommunication. But the "speak english" and "everything is trans these days" crowds are both desperate for everything to be the globularist plot to change email sigs slightly.

keep punching joe posted:

They have the mind of a 4,000 year old demon.
So did the lass in The Exorcist.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

They might be 500,000 years old, but I'm not sure if that's canon

Yeah, there's no way that's an official account. I've asked Hertfordshire Libraries for their official 700-page lore bible they must have for their library reading time mascot for children but I haven't heard back from them yet, I assume it's in the post

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

It's like British bosses who think non-British underlings who avoid eye contact when being given a bollocking are being insolent and disrespectful when in quite a lot of cultures, an underling looking a boss in the eye is considered insolent and disrespectful.
Or in Arab cultures where men & women shaking hands in many cases is a bit of a no no and when people do shake hands it is a really weak handshake - almost palms just about toughint (again, in the UK taken as indicative of weak character). I recall almost crushing the hands of men I shook hands with (not all are of the 'strict no hand shaking' mindset) because in the UK a firm handshake rules and having worked in male-dominated environments, that's what I got accustomed to.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

he's just buying his spot in line for access to the next prime minister, op

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Tesseraction posted:

Sometimes there's a little good news amongst the misery https://twitter.com/MockWooloo/status/1576961717476605953

i do find it amusing how "you could have stopped being a dick to people online" has been the only riposte necessary for every self-pitying and increasingly insane thing he has typed on his computer for the last 10 years

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Best thing about covid was the not having to shake hands. I mean didn't actually meet anyone to shake hands with them anyway

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

American lurker here... My first language is Vietnamese, and when you first meet someone in vietnamese, it's extremely common to straight up ask how old the other is to know the appropriate kinship pronouns to use. Or if it's a workplace, you'll nail down who is where on the hierarchy to use the appropriate pronouns there. You might even use different pronouns at work, at temple, etc with the same person! So this entire thing is extremely funny, Vietnam and the diaspora haven't imploded because of pronoun chat, and specifying gender is literally the easiest poo poo.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
TERFs absolutely seem like the kind of people who can tell you exactly how many subordinates they have.
I suspect they're also very magnanimous to the people they consider their equals, small though that list no doubt is.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm sure someone posted about it already but Credit Suisse seems to be approaching the 'ship breaks in half' stage of the Titanic analogy.

quote:

CDSs are used to ensure certain counterparties get paid in the event CSus goes bankrupt. A 505 basis points means there is a about a 8.4% chance CSus will go bankrupt. Considering Friday this number was about half of what it is now, its not looking good for them. Lehman Brothers, was at 750 basis points when they collapsed, but had peaked at 850, and Bear Stearns was around 450 when they collapsed.

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Blast from the past of a month ago!

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/1568305030066995200

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really wish people would learn the difference between jealousy, envy, and spite.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Envy is green, whereas jealousy is of course yellow.

Turning saints into the sea.

Sp(r)ite is both green and yellow.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/oct/03/id-like-inheritance-tax-to-be-abolished-says-uk-treasury-minister

Hmm yes, of course, what we need now is more inequality

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The people that say they believe in "equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome" answer directly to the people that openly believe in neither.

I'd like inheritance to be abolished, save for maybe a £500 exemption for heirlooms. Corpses don't have property rights. Abolish inheritance, put restrictions on loopholes using trusts and gifts, scrap the exemptions for the royal family, and use that additional income to abolish national insurance and most of VAT.

I believe in your neolib meritocracy, really I do, let's try it fuckers. Let's try it without this big oval office stood right behind you

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Also in the above graph both Italy and US are skewed significantly by vast geographical divides and relatively lower internal migration (though Britain has that to a lesser extent too).

Switzerland is just bad though.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

The people that say they believe in "equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome" answer directly to the people that openly believe in neither.

I'd like inheritance to be abolished, save for maybe a £500 exemption for heirlooms. Corpses don't have property rights. Abolish inheritance, put restrictions on loopholes using trusts and gifts, scrap the exemptions for the royal family, and use that additional income to abolish national insurance and most of VAT.

I believe in your neolib meritocracy, really I do, let's try it fuckers. Let's try it without this big oval office stood right behind you

I'm in favour of abolishing inheritance within 90 days of me inheriting my parents house and not a minute before.

I realise this makes me deeply selfish and hypocritical but I'm cool with that in exchange for no longer having to rent.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
means tested inheritance tax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/CriticalCupcake/status/1576999503412039683

I've seen comments (the one with the clenched fist icon by it) like this by women on FB (no idea if they were GC) - respond to every single situation - no matter how tenuous the link - into a polemic about sexual harassment of women but if you point out the number of boys or men who have been sexually assaulted (and I know 3 men IRL who have been - one by a man and two by women) the response is "I don't care what happens to men because they deserve everything they get".

Also see these responses to a post by someone called William Gillis buried in the reply thread to the tweet above:

https://twitter.com/loudfingers69/status/1577031255958622209