Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Hadrians Dong posted:

fine, "christian meat" or something

It would be weird if ancient Hebrew had a word for Christian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Hadrians Dong posted:

how do you say "eat the ham or it's the stockades for you," in ancient hebrew? I need this for a project.
hell if i know, the closest thing i have to a grasp of hebrew is a few songs and some yiddish swear words

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Avshalom posted:

hell if i know, the closest thing i have to a grasp of hebrew is a few songs and some yiddish swear words

drat. I know most of the yiddish swears so I got that covered

Schmeichy posted:

It would be weird if ancient Hebrew had a word for Christian.

ancient is like 700 years old to me.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i promised my mother i'd learn hebrew after i graduate so ask me again in three years

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
HD are you committing blood libel by suugesting that jews have a word for "christian meat"?

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Avshalom posted:

I used to make my Jewish friend speak stupid phrases to me in Hebrew. It helped her, she was still learning!

I used to know how to ask for the bathroom but I've forgotten.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

GNU Order posted:

Dear god if those two came together they would put out a book every 10 years and it would be absolutely foul

I've heard nothing but good things about Berserk

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i realised the other day i can say "i am a ballerina", "i have a red chicken" and "i want a big beautiful man" in russian

i'm set

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

boom boom boom posted:

i hear it's good

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pessimism posted:

HD are you committing blood libel by suugesting that jews have a word for "christian meat"?

i'm not used to this namechange yet

and yes I want to know how to say pork in hebrew aside from "schvantz"

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'meat of the heathen'

'meathen'

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

boom boom boom posted:

It is still good but there's no lack of graphic stuff, mostly blood and gore but also some sex stuff. Also the main plot turn happens in the form of demons raping and impregnating one of the protagonists who gives premature birth to a demon baby

e- It was a big inspiration for Dark Souls so if you dig that sort of mood then you'll like it

GNU Order fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 14, 2014

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

GNU Order posted:

It is still good but there's no lack of graphic stuff, mostly blood and gore but also some sex stuff. Also the main plot turn happens in the form of demons raping and impregnating one of the protagonists who gives premature birth to a demon baby

e- It was a big inspiration for Dark Souls so if you dig that sort of mood then you'll like it

Ah yes, nothing but good things there

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Enfys posted:

Ah yes, nothing but good things there

In terms of quality. If I said "I;ve heard nothing but good things about Breaking Bad" would you respond, "yeah, Meth is great.:rolleyes:"?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

boom boom boom posted:

In terms of quality. If I said "I;ve heard nothing but good things about Breaking Bad" would you respond, "yeah, Meth is great.:rolleyes:"?

berzerk is 90s as gently caress from what I hear.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
My friend is telling me that if I ever play Dark Souls I should stream it because it's apparently entertaining to watch people who don't know anything about Dark Souls play it

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why are demon babies always the result of rape? I want to read or watch something where a lady happily has a demon baby as a result of a loving, consensual relationship. "Well of course my baby's the Antichrist, I still love him though. Look at him's cute lil hooves!"

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

My friend is telling me that if I ever play Dark Souls I should stream it because it's apparently entertaining to watch people who don't know anything about Dark Souls play it

do it and i'll mock you over the stream

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sharkie posted:

Why are demon babies always the result of rape? I want to read or watch something where a lady happily has a demon baby as a result of a loving, consensual relationship. "Well of course my baby's the Antichrist, I still love him though. Look at him's cute lil hooves!"

pee pee doo doo satan is a bad fallen angel

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sharkie posted:

plenty of kids in the south seem to come from 100% consensual sex so I too disagree with that theme

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sharkie posted:

There was that X-Files episode about that.

Titty Warlord posted:

do it and i'll mock you over the stream

I only know that you lose your souls if you die and have to get them back, and there's a dragon with a giant yonic fang mouth chest, and "huge chest ahead"

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Hadrians Dong posted:

berzerk is 90s as gently caress from what I hear.

Is this 90's?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
that first one is, hot drat

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Skull knight has dick lady on his horse

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Skull knight is actually a good guy

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Guts in Berserker armor is basically Artorias, btw, Darksoulsers

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
nerds

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
wait I got berserk confused with a different thing. Not FOTNS but something like that

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

There is like a decade's worth of anime dudes in armor and giant monsters for me to draw on so I'll stop

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

How dare you

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Storm looks like it's heading to baltimore

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Hadrians Dong posted:

wait I got berserk confused with a different thing. Not FOTNS but something like that

Battle Tendency?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Homestuck isn't even nerdery, it's Its Own Thing

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
wasnt there a berzerk character who started off rad and strong but then got raped into being a trainwreck, or am i thinking of another japanese comic

all my knowledge of berzerk comes from second-hand derails in weird threads

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

reblog if you would s satan's d

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

reblog if you would s satan's d

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

boom boom boom posted:

Most fantasy and sci fi writers are pretty notoriously awful people and have a real boner for putting rape and graphic sex into their stories for titilation value. Reading stuff and defending it as 'yes but this one is a good quality demon rape story' is lol

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Neurolimal posted:

wasnt there a berzerk character who started off rad and strong but then got raped into being a trainwreck, or am i thinking of another japanese comic

all my knowledge of berzerk comes from second-hand derails in weird threads

Yes, it was the demon-baby woman

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Berserk is good but it is so violent and hosed up that it's a difficult thing to recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

GNU Order posted:

Dear god if those two came together they would put out a book every 10 years and it would be absolutely foul

Drakengard!

• Locked thread