Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

What's wrong with skulls?

hamster_style posted:

Don't the baddies wear skulls? I mean, why skulls?

Any excuse to post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKcmnrE5oY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

hamster_style posted:

Don't the baddies wear skulls? I mean, why skulls?

Perhaps they're the skulls of the enemies we've killed?

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
So this is making the round on my local news feed.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/manitoba/donald-trump-brian-bowman-invitation-1.3359788

The mayor of my city has cordially invited Trump here and I cannot decide if I want him to accept or not.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Speaking of nazis, I just saw this.

But someone posted this immediately afterward. http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/societyquote.asp

Came across this one too, hadn't seen it in a while.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Abolish inheritance. Nationalize Wall Street.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

But someone posted this immediately afterward. http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/societyquote.asp

Snopes posted:

Although Kuiper's publisher (World Ahead Publishing) defended the book from "liberal" attacks, on 18 April 2006 Kuiper appeared on CNN's Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer and admitted that he could not verify all of the "Hilliarisms" he used in his book (and that his standard was that he included whatever he "believed" to be true):

"Everything in the book, I believe it to be true, but since I wasn't there, I can't verify that it's 100 percent true."

Ronald Reagan would be proud.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I've never felt like punching a dog before! gently caress this meme!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Enjoy becoming America's Enemy #1 a year from now, Ms. 46-Natives-per-Refugee. :bahgawd:

Worst case I'll just take a trip to Mexico and then bound across the southern border into the US were immigrants are illegal anyway. With my pale skin, blond dirtyblond hair and blue eyes I won't even register on Trumps hunter-seeker drones patrolling the area.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I like that meme too usually :(

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like dogs so a dog meme is right up my alley. Looks like it's usually just dumb jokes and puns which are also right up my alley. Dog Meme Alley is a cool place.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."-Probably Hitler?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

The thing that gets me about that dog meme is how common the mentality is that it's more important to punish/prevent people from abusing the system than it is to help the people who legitimately need government aid. If you talk to these people they actually do understand that not everybody receiving government benefits is some kind of lazy bum, but they still insist that cutting unnecessary spending should come before helping those in need. It's sad.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

I don't have time to look it up now, but in the golden age of comics there was a superhero called Stardust the Super Wizard who would take excessive measures to punish villains and usually ignored the people in need of rescue entirely. Republicans work the same way.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

I don't have time to look it up now, but in the golden age of comics there was a superhero called Stardust the Super Wizard who would take excessive measures to punish villains and usually ignored the people in need of rescue entirely. Republicans work the same way.

I read an old Phantom comic once were he tried to go live in the city with other humans. It did'nt work out and in one scene union workers tried to beat him up because he was working too fast and the work was meant to last all day. Very subtle.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Saw this in the wild on my Facebook feed. Comments along the lines of too bloody right from some shithead friends of friends.

All of these people have lived the entirety of their lives in a single country. Almost none of them have ever travelled abroad at any point as far as I know.

I've been an expat for the last 15 years or so. I've lived in six different countries since leaving the UK, only one of which has my native tongue as an official language. Funnily enough, these same people don't seem to think I should subsume my British identity with the culture of any place I've been living in. I wonder if some difference between me and other kinds of immigrants is colouring their views.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Conservatives have no clue how memes work. Memes. They are by design a simple pattern to follow and yet somehow they still gently caress it up.

Vaishino
Nov 14, 2003

He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds

Helen Highwater posted:

Saw this in the wild on my Facebook feed. Comments along the lines of too bloody right from some shithead friends of friends.

All of these people have lived the entirety of their lives in a single country. Almost none of them have ever travelled abroad at any point as far as I know.

I've been an expat for the last 15 years or so. I've lived in six different countries since leaving the UK, only one of which has my native tongue as an official language. Funnily enough, these same people don't seem to think I should subsume my British identity with the culture of any place I've been living in. I wonder if some difference between me and other kinds of immigrants is colouring their views.

Hilariously, I've seen that same quote attributed to Wilfred Laurier for Canadian audiences, which is super hosed up because Laurier was French-Canadian, encouraged immigration to Western Canada, and was instrumental in the establishment of language rights in Manitoba.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Stardust the Super Wizard you say??

http://www.misterkitty.org/extras/stupidcovers/stupidcomics29.html

Theoretically he's protecting people by taking out villains that are attacking them but you are right that most of the comic is dedicated to Stardust's elaborate and horrible punishments using his god powers.

Haxin Jackson
Apr 3, 2011

Instead of taxing those even somewhat near the poverty line, we should tax the gently caress out of rich people. A Bernie supporter macro.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Haxin Jackson posted:

Instead of taxing those even somewhat near the poverty line, we should tax the gently caress out of rich people. A Bernie supporter macro.

I'm going to take this thanks

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Haxin Jackson posted:

But then they'll be poor! Somehow... despite literally making a year's average living wage in their first financial month or less...

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Brawnfire posted:

But then they'll be poor! Somehow... despite literally making a year's average living wage in their first financial month or less...

Look, thanks to terrible things like paying for private school and personal trainers and my massive house I'm basically just as poor as those poor people. We're really the same.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Note that by Teddy's own words, anyone who flies a Confederate flag is not American, which is pretty funny considering the kind of people that would agree with this.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Yeah that extra $150-200 a month is for sure going to pull you out of poverty. You know how I know you've never worked 40 hours a week for minimum wage.

My liberal Mormon friend who is bombarded with this poo poo nonstop sent me that and was just like "what is this supposed to mean? Am I supposed to identify with the dog? Why does it have that goofy expression?"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Yeah that extra $150-200 a month is for sure going to pull you out of poverty. You know how I know you've never worked 40 hours a week for minimum wage.

My liberal Mormon friend who is bombarded with this poo poo nonstop sent me that and was just like "what is this supposed to mean? Am I supposed to identify with the dog? Why does it have that goofy expression?"

That's the best response to a meme ever.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

End social security? :smith:

Or...

Overthrow the bourgeoisie and reclaim the means of production? :ussr:

Or...

Says the dog that lays in a house all day and is fed by the labor of others.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Conservative memes are usually misappropriated image macros or argumentum ad Hitlerum.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
This is making its way around my Facebook friends. It is pretty awesome.
http://imgur.com/a/Gjcb5

A little comic relief before the right winger hell dump of the week.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

climboutonalimb posted:

That is like pure calomine lotion; it's soothing the itch that drives me to this thread.

Lemma
Aug 18, 2010

climboutonalimb posted:

Is this real? The 5/7 thing was hilarious either way.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Lemma posted:

Is this real? The 5/7 thing was hilarious either way.

I think it belongs in the stdh.txt thread, but it's still pretty funny.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Obama is 9/11

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
So Obama is not as bad as 9/11. Cool, he's moving up in their eyes.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
9/11 wasn't even the first act of radical Islamic terrorism against the WTC.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RagnarokAngel posted:

My cousin told me that Obama is planning something worse than 9/11 that he'll do right before the next election so he can change the rules and be crowed President for Life and destroy America. He's not the lying type so I believe him.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

TerminalSaint posted:

9/11 wasn't even the first act of radical Islamic terrorism against the WTC.
I distinctly remember catching my first glimpse of 9/11 and thinking "oh, they're replaying the video from the '93 attack for some reason"

RagnarokAngel posted:

But is he still worse than the Oklahoma bombing or what? I need at least two points of reference on this scale

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My cousin told me that Obama is planning something worse than 9/11 that he'll do right before the next election so he can change the rules and be crowed President for Life and destroy America. He's not the lying type so I believe him.

How old is he. And then ask him if he's willing to bet his car on it.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You're cousins with Ben Carson?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I had liberal friends who said Bush would do the exact same thing in 2004 when it looked like Kerry had a snowballs chance of beating him. I'm prone to conspiracy theory talk (I used to be a 9/11 truther) so it totally made sense to me. In my later years I've realized that younger Me was a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
haha which one of your goofballs trolled EPORW with this?