Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
I'm the backgrounds

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Wrist Watch posted:

Does anybody have the font this comic uses?

I've been looking for a few hours, but I haven't had any luck figuring it out.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Emrikol posted:

I've been looking for a few hours, but I haven't had any luck figuring it out.

Aw, that's fine. Thanks anyway!

All I was going to do was replace Clevin's text with the contents of this:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Operant posted:

I'm the backgrounds

The gradient backgrounds used just look real garish and arbitrary. To compare to another comic on a Tuesday/Friday schedule, there's been complaints for Paranatural sometimes that scenes often use gradient backgrounds too much outside of establishing shots, but at least in those instances it feels like the artist puts some consideration into the color choices of each panel.

Wrist Watch posted:

Aw, that's fine. Thanks anyway!

All I was going to do was replace Clevin's text with the contents of this:

What's the context of this anyway?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Zerilan posted:

What's the context of this anyway?

No idea. The first result in google for kokoro wish is an encyclopedia dramatica page and I don't feel like digging through that swamp of garbage right now so I'm just going to take it as a comic by some weirdo

I don't even remember seeing the comic before, the words "kokoro wish" just came to mind unbidden after reading today's comic so I googled it and was not disappointed

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

JDR was the original anime fetish webcomic weirdo, who made millions of dollars selling happypuppy.com back before the first dot-com crash, and spent all of it on anime figurines. The ponytail dude is her software engineer... friend? poly clusterfuck harem metamour? who left her without programming her very own bideo game

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Fuckin hell dude I thought I had finally scrubbed this webcomic's existence from my brain and memories are now coming back :(

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

No idea. The first result in google for kokoro wish is an encyclopedia dramatica page and I don't feel like digging through that swamp of garbage right now so I'm just going to take it as a comic by some weirdo

I don't even remember seeing the comic before, the words "kokoro wish" just came to mind unbidden after reading today's comic so I googled it and was not disappointed

Short answer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Diane_Reitz

One of the great trainwrecks of the early internet. Urban legend is she squandered her .com era fortune on anime poo poo.

e;f,b

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

JDR was the original anime fetish webcomic weirdo, who made millions of dollars selling happypuppy.com back before the first dot-com crash, and spent all of it on anime figurines. The ponytail dude is her software engineer... friend? poly clusterfuck harem metamour? who left her without programming her very own bideo game

He didn't leave her. He just didn't write an entire loving game for her (aside from doing the artwork which was her domain) for free and while he was the only one in their poly-commune with a paying job. She presented this to him while they were in a relationship.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Zerilan posted:

Fuckin hell dude I thought I had finally scrubbed this webcomic's existence from my brain and memories are now coming back :(

i meant to post that in the bad webcomic thread

but

it turns out

THATS EXACTLY WHERE I AM

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Holy poo poo lmao

I was only thinking the text was an extremely Clevin thing to say and I guess I was more right than I could imagine

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Clevin has been with us for longer than any can reckon

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
And now it's come full circle and the comment section is making GBS threads on clevin for being an entitled bitch. This comic is made by idiots for idiots.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The name Clevin apparently started as a typo that was left in and I'm racking my mind trying to think what the intended original name could've been

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I'm not as eloquent as a lot of you all when it comes to insightful posts about this comic but holy crap is this arc worse than anything that came out of the rape saga. But this arc is utterly surreal with how badly it's betrayed both the initial premise, and any attempt at being an interesting story. Who is Clevin and how does the writer know them in real life? I find it hard to believe that anyone would just consciously write in such a blank and flavorless character as this without setting them up to either be the villain or owing a massive debt to the mob. This guy has contributed nothing to Allison's life save a shoulder to not even cry on (Cleaver and Pintsized did that better) and only a semblance of normalcy and some pasta. He's more boring than a bowl of Tofu and as interesting as a sack of grain. What about that lovely band that did nothing to contribute to anything? What is this character representing? Complacency and the upper middle class who think they are enacting social change while really accomplishing nothing and jerking themselves off? Allison has already done that far better than he did.

He went from just a face in the crowd, and someone with poor judgement in his friends actions to a full blown love interest? I figured he would be written off after Mary cut him and maybe he'd get some flowers in the hospital but now he's the pillar of Allison's love life. What a trip this has been. We sacrificed Feral's character, the original art style, !Human Torch, Cleaver, The 2nd menace sub-plot, Patrick and his conspiracy, potential war with the Chinese, and other things I'm forgetting to arrive at this point. Anything that could have been interesting is gone and all we're left with is a sub-par romantic comedy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Clevin is the author.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The author heard chants of 'gently caress CLEVIN' and made it come true.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Calaveron posted:

The name Clevin apparently started as a typo that was left in and I'm racking my mind trying to think what the intended original name could've been

My guess would be either "Calvin" or "Kelvin".

I'm throwing in the towel on finding that font. I've been looking all day and come up with nothing. It's possible they made their own.

Emrikol fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 26, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

I'm not as eloquent as a lot of you all when it comes to insightful posts about this comic but holy crap is this arc worse than anything that came out of the rape saga. But this arc is utterly surreal with how badly it's betrayed both the initial premise, and any attempt at being an interesting story. Who is Clevin and how does the writer know them in real life? I find it hard to believe that anyone would just consciously write in such a blank and flavorless character as this without setting them up to either be the villain or owing a massive debt to the mob. This guy has contributed nothing to Allison's life save a shoulder to not even cry on (Cleaver and Pintsized did that better) and only a semblance of normalcy and some pasta. He's more boring than a bowl of Tofu and as interesting as a sack of grain. What about that lovely band that did nothing to contribute to anything? What is this character representing? Complacency and the upper middle class who think they are enacting social change while really accomplishing nothing and jerking themselves off? Allison has already done that far better than he did.

He went from just a face in the crowd, and someone with poor judgement in his friends actions to a full blown love interest? I figured he would be written off after Mary cut him and maybe he'd get some flowers in the hospital but now he's the pillar of Allison's love life. What a trip this has been. We sacrificed Feral's character, the original art style, !Human Torch, Cleaver, The 2nd menace sub-plot, Patrick and his conspiracy, potential war with the Chinese, and other things I'm forgetting to arrive at this point. Anything that could have been interesting is gone and all we're left with is a sub-par romantic comedy.

On the road to enlightenment Allison must recognize and defeat the ideological evils of each of her boyfriends in turn, from the social engineering and conspiracy-mongering of fascist Patrick to the narcissistic platitudes of trustfund libertarian Dark Clevin to the infantilism and moral vacuity of liberal Light Clevin, on and on until she arrives at the truth of Juche

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
This scenario didn't have to be bad. I mean, guys being insecure about their high performing girlfriends is an issue in real life. Two people talking through weird lovely feelings caused by sexist social scripts could potentially in some world be interesting. But Jesus it's so bad. The writing, the set up, the art, the pacing, everything.

I think this comic has always had an ideal of what it wants to be. It's never realized that ideal, and the reality of the comic has gotten further and further away. You can barely even make out what idea the creators might have that would possibly motivate them to sit down and create this.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Operant posted:

I'm the backgrounds

dark sherbert

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
88 new posts in the bad superhero comic thread what could this... oh OH ohhhh :yikes:

Calaveron posted:

Slevin

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

I don't follow this bad comic but I am posting here to let everyone know this may be one of the funniest bad pages of a webcomic i have ever read, I literally cannot stop laughing even as I type this. It is amazing how just full on Nice Guy this is.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Hi, welcome to SFP! Now is a really good time to stop reading!

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Also literally any other time!

It is possible that we in this thread are the damned.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Whatever happened to the people who posted near the beginning of the thread?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

super sweet best pal posted:

Left once it became clear that the thread improving was irreversible. I saw OP bitterly complain about Clevin in the other Allison comic thread.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Emrikol posted:

I'm throwing in the towel on finding that font. I've been looking all day and come up with nothing. It's possible they made their own.

It kind of looks like Neil Swaab's custom font from Nate Piekos; but it's not one that is freely available.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Calaveron posted:

Kevin
l< evin
<l evin
Clevin

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Has it really been three years? Christ.

Madtrixr posted:

I don't follow this bad comic but I am posting here to let everyone know this may be one of the funniest bad pages of a webcomic i have ever read, I literally cannot stop laughing even as I type this. It is amazing how just full on Nice Guy this is.
It's truly been amazing watching this character. Develop?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Is there a word for when something written with a felt-tip pen on paper gets wet and all the words blur into an indistinct mass?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Schwarzwald posted:

Is there a word for when something written with a felt-tip pen on paper gets wet and all the words blur into an indistinct mass?

Clevin.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Strong Female Protagonist: Now is a really good time to stop reading!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Has it really been three years? Christ.

metastasize

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Strong Female Protagonist: Now is a really good time to stop reading!

Strong Female Protagonist, now featuring Weak Male Lead

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Left once it became clear that the thread improving was irreversible. I saw OP bitterly complain about Clevin in the other Allison comic thread.

there's another one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Parahexavoctal posted:

there's another one?

I think they mean the thread for K6BD, whose protagonist is also named Allison. It is also a vastly better comic.

• Locked thread