Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Rishi Sunak’s callous, cruel and incompetent cabinet – So much for integrity, professionalism and accountability at the top of government"

Sunday Telegraph:

Net zero tsar to stand down as MP as Tory exodus continues

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday

‘Aw. Bless them. Look, they are playing doctors and nurses.’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I hope Mac suffers from horrible gout over Christmas and can't get any help because everyone's on strike.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on public-sector strike action – Inflation-matching pay rises for struggling workers are ‘unaffordable’, the transport secretary, Mark Harper, has said"

Telegraph:

Watch: Chinese protesters call for Xi Jinping to resign as anti-lockdown marches sweep nation

Times:

Evening Standard:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
loving hell, that Adams might be his laziest yet.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Matt Hancock’s return from I’m a Celebrity – A spokesperson for the MP said he would ‘return to Suffolk to hold surgeries where he will catch up with his constituents and discuss matters of concern’"

Telegraph:

Housebuilders attack ‘nimby backbenchers’ as planning approvals slump to seven-year low

Matt:

King Charles on England v Wales: 'I just want a good game of football'; Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch - Wikipedia

Times:

Sunak is buffeted by Tory rebellion over onshore wind

Evening Standard:

Qatar pitch invader who carried rainbow flag says he will not face legal action; ‘Golden era’ of UK-Chinese relations is over, says Rishi Sunak

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s dilemma over onshore windfarms – The PM is scrambling to find a compromise amid a growing backbench Conservative rebellion"

Telegraph:

Christians now a minority in England and Wales for first time

Matt:

Social media giants face multi-million pound fines if they fail to ban child accounts

Independent:

Rishi Sunak denounces Chinese arrest of BBC journalist as ‘shocking and unacceptable’

Times:

"The Times view on engaging with China: Robust Pragmatism"

Evening Standard:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, gently caress off Blower.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tories refusing to negotiate with nurses – Nurses will begin a series of strikes at dozens of hospitals in December – and will escalate their industrial action if ministers keep refusing to negotiate over pay"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Ambulance workers across England set to strike before Christmas

Stephen Collins:

Also! Ellwood Atfield announed the winners of Political Cartoon and Political Cartoonist of the Year Awards! Ben Jennings won Political Cartoonist of the Year, with Christian Adams runner-up; and the winner of Political Cartoon of the Year was Steve Bright, with Lyndon Wall 2nd.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the state of Britain’s rulers — A black British charity leader has said she felt she was being forced to denounce her citizenship when ‘interrogated’ by the late Queen’s lady-in-waiting about where she ‘really came from’" "Actually we come from somewhere in the Black Forest"

Telegraph:

Support for Putin's war in Russia has plunged, leaked poll reveals

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Harry and Meghan: Netflix drop trailer for Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s new documentary series

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Second best political cartoonist of the year there with perhaps the single shittiest drawing of Prince Harry in our history.

Also, holy gently caress it's been 31 years, find some iconography for Russia that isn't hammers and sickles and red you unimaginative hack Davey

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Meghan is even worse, she's proportioned like Attack on Titan and her right arm is five feet long.

I honestly wonder if Adams thumbnails these poses first or if he just jumps straight into them.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i momentarily thought that was old majesty queen getting impaled there

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

crispix posted:

i momentarily thought that was old majesty queen getting impaled there

Well we didn't physically see how she died, so who knows.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson: sinking the unsinkable – It has been a week of rough sailing for the Conservatives, as they lost the Chester byelection and Sajid Javid joined the ranks of MPs stepping down"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

After Fragonard.

The i paper:

Elton John to headline Glastonbury 2023 on last-ever UK tour date

Times:

Sussexes accused of sabotaging Prince and Princess of Wales’ US visit

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Honestly if Harry and Meghan managed to pull the stops out to have their Netflix series ruin baldy's vacation then that's a level of master troll I can only applaud.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I am begging Brookes to get some new fuckin material.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The party’s starting to turn sour for the Tories – Brexit, bullying, another lost byelection… and a winter of discontent is just around the corner"

Sunday Telegraph:

EU to cap Russian oil at $60 a barrel

Matt:

Sunday Times:

All the MPs standing down at the next general election

Mail on Sunday:

‘With only ten minutes to kick-off, we regret to announce that in support of ambulance, rail, nursing and other UK strikers, the English squad have decided to join them.’

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Odds on that being a self portrait of himself and his wife bottom right, he looks exactly as I would expect and bet he measures his lawn.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

learnincurve posted:

Odds on that being a self portrait of himself and his wife bottom right, he looks exactly as I would expect and bet he measures his lawn.

I see what you mean and I agree they're some sort of insert, but Mac's cleanshaven with a full head of hair kept cut short.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, that's clearly the main character from 'Allo 'Allo, René

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, that's clearly the main character from 'Allo 'Allo, René

Excuse me! The main character in 'Allo 'Allo was the policeman who said "Good Moaning"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I just noticed the English flag in Mac's toon and am impressed that white and red are both represented by the same shade of grey

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

forkboy84 posted:

I just noticed the English flag in Mac's toon and am impressed that white and red are both represented by the same shade of grey

All flags are grey in the dark.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Brexit and the health crisis – The ‘£350m for the NHS’ pledge on the Vote Leave bus looks further from becoming reality than ever"

Telegraph:

Times:

Michelle Mone: masks from firm linked to Tory peer cost double

Evening Standard:

Starmer hopes to abolish House of Lords in Labour’s first term

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Ooh, that Kier Starmer and his secret dastardly plan to *checks notes*.... get elected

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Heartbreaking: the biggest dipshit political cartoonist you know is absolutely on the money for once.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wish political cartoonists would go on strike. Or at least Telegraph cartoonists.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's better that they keep drawing worse and worse takes until they Bob themselves.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

It's better that they keep drawing worse and worse takes until they Bob themselves.

God I love that Bob is now stuck tweeting his toons because he's too much a loon for the newspaper of Swivel-Eyed Loons

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Keir Starmer v the House of Lords – Labour leader unveils blueprint for overhaul of UK constitution"

Telegraph:

Labour would make free access to the NHS a constitutional right, report reveals

Matt:

France scouting report: How England can stop Les Bleus and reach another World Cup semi-final

Times:

Evening Standard:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Heartbreaking: oval office you'd most like to die in a housefire just made a good point

matt can get double hosed though, prick

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on government U-turns and Tory rebellions – The government is forced to back down under revolts from its backbenchers while condemning strike action by workers"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Michelle Mone takes leave of absence from House of Lords amid PPE contract claims

Times:

"Communist and Kremlin supporters lead the RMT" :derp:

Evening Standard:

Democrats win outright control of US Senate with victory in Georgia run-off

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Tory response to revelations about Michelle Mone – Rishi Sunak said he was ‘shocked’ to read allegations about the peer and there is ‘a process in place’ to investigate her receipt of £29m via a PPE business that was awarded large government contracts"

Telegraph:

"A winter lockdown of our own making"

Matt:

Harry and Meghan Netflix documentary - all the key moments and the 11 things we've learnt

Independent:

Times:

Lower bills in the offing after MPs give green light for onshore wind farms

Evening Standard:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Meghan and Harry documentary – The premiere of Netflix’s documentary about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex has caused depressingly predictable outrage"

Telegraph:

Matt Hancock to stand down as MP

Matt:

:sun: Four inches of snow could fall in southern England this weekend :supaburn:

Independent:

Sunak does not rule out extending anti-strike laws to emergency service staff

Times:

Green groups furious as new coalmine in Cumbria is approved

Evening Standard:

The first coins with King Charles’ portrait enter circulation

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on chancellor’s gift to fat cats – Jeremy Hunt to outline plans for shake-up of City regulation"

Telegraph:

Royal Mail strike: Dates in December 2022 and Christmas last posting details

Matt:

Border Force strikes: Will it affect my travel plans and what can I expect at the airport?

The i paper:

Times:

Company linked to Michelle Mone bought private jet after PPE windfall

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Russia’s winter offensive – Vladimir Putin is doing his best to freeze Ukraine into submission, but still the country holds firm"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Christmas leave cancelled as British soldiers cover for striking Border Force

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Rishi Sunak’s Christmas cheer — A cabinet minister has backed widening the list of workers banned from striking, suggesting it could include NHS staff and others in ‘critical infrastructure’ jobs"

Telegraph:

Tell union leaders not to coordinate strikes, Tories urge Sir Keir Starmer; England torment as Harry Kane's missed penalty condemns Three Lions to World Cup defeat

Times:

Britain’s new lockdown: strikes bring country to a standstill

Evening Standard:

:sun: London weather: Travel chaos as capital blanketed by snow and freezing fog :supaburn:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Becky Barnicoat on the government’s response to December strikes – A wave of strikes across the UK reaches a peak this week as workers in the transport network, NHS, Royal Mail and civil service take industrial action"

Telegraph:

December strikes: All the planned walkouts from Royal Mail, rail to the NHS

Matt:

Military will cover less than 10pc of striking ambulance and 999 workers

Times:

:sun: UK weather: snow and ice bring commuter chaos to roads and railways — as it happened :supaburn:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s striking dogma — The standoff between UK ministers, bosses and unions over pay showed no sign of reaching resolution on the first day of four weeks of planned rail strikes by thousands of rail workers"

Telegraph:

Royal Mail workers walk out as train strike misery continues

Matt:

Independent:

Ministers refuse to negotiate with nurses on pay to prevent NHS strikes

Times:

Mick Lynch: RMT leader hits out at BBC train strikes coverage

Evening Standard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell: how many rights are too many in the UK? – As Suella Braverman leads the group of Tories fighting for Britain to withdraw from the ECHR, Labour refuses to promise to repeal planned anti-strike laws"

Telegraph:

:sun: Met Office warns snow here to stay as freezing temperatures to continue :supaburn:

Matt:

Rats and foxes chewing Christmas parcels piled up outside Royal Mail depot, claims union

Independent:

English channel rescue: Four migrants dead and 43 saved in dinghy crossing tragedy

Times:

Nurses’ strikes: NHS staff walk out from dozens of UK hospitals — follow latest

Evening Standard: