Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
There are so many issues with Kent’s athletic department that I don’t even know where to start. The stadium is a giant off campus cement monstrosity. Nielsen legitimately doesn’t want to use former players to market the program despite having a phenomenal group of guys willing to help out for reasons nobody can figure out. The assistants under Haynes were hilaaaaaaariously underpaid and at one point the administration sent out an email telling them their cars had to be returned. The video staff was literally recording to tape as recently as 2014, which was so bad that the OOC opponents we had would literally offer us their old equipment that was still 10+ years modern in comparison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Also Haynes was a phenomenal guy, I don’t think there was a negative bone in his body. But I don’t think there is anything more damaging to a mid major school than trying to emulate Jim Tressel. Like, we’re Kent State, embrace being the underdog. Corral a bunch of degenerates and punch opponents in the face for 12 games. He recruited a lot of smart, good kids but frankly I don’t give two fucks about Academic All-MAC members, the best players to come out of this program (Jules, Cribbs, Rosie) weren’t exactly Rhodes Scholars. Anyway, I look forward to them hiring the most generic choice possible

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hed posted:

The most logical choice [for OC] is Harrell, which means we'll probably hire someone I haven't heard of.

It really looks like we're going to hire UCLA's interim Jedd Fisch as our OC. I only caught the USC/UCLA game but they seemed to have a decent offense this year.
Michigan or UCLA people care to comment on him?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

He's a really good OC. He made Jacory Harris look like a good college QB.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Hed posted:

It really looks like we're going to hire UCLA's interim Jedd Fisch as our OC. I only caught the USC/UCLA game but they seemed to have a decent offense this year.
Michigan or UCLA people care to comment on him?

He's good, look at Michigan's pass offense the year he was here, Jake Rudock went ham for a reason

smithers
Jun 18, 2013
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/942591746784952320

Jim Leavitt signed an extension as DC at Oregon tonight. $1.7m / year through 2021 according to Bruce Feldman. Anybody know if that makes him the highest paid assistant in the country? IIRC he was up there before at $1.15m / year.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

smithers posted:

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/942591746784952320

Jim Leavitt signed an extension as DC at Oregon tonight. $1.7m / year through 2021 according to Bruce Feldman. Anybody know if that makes him the highest paid assistant in the country? IIRC he was up there before at $1.15m / year.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

That puts him tied with Brent Venables. The only assistant that makes more is LSU defensive coordinator Dave Aranda.

Interestingly, there are seven defensive coordinators in the top 10 salaries, and only three offensive coordinators.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
900k for Bud is like paying 2 mil for Urbz. Dude loves this situation he's at, though.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Jim Leavitt staying at Oregon
https://twitter.com/Nolecast/status/942597726134468608

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
Haha, nice. Make good use of that buy-out money.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

dphi posted:

Haha, nice. Make good use of that buy-out money.

Cristobal is relatively cheap too

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Yea, that's totally reasonable since Cristobal came super cheap. Also spiting other teams like that doesn't happen often enough so that's a good thing in and of itself.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

There are so many issues with Kent’s athletic department that I don’t even know where to start. The stadium is a giant off campus cement monstrosity. Nielsen legitimately doesn’t want to use former players to market the program despite having a phenomenal group of guys willing to help out for reasons nobody can figure out. The assistants under Haynes were hilaaaaaaariously underpaid and at one point the administration sent out an email telling them their cars had to be returned. The video staff was literally recording to tape as recently as 2014, which was so bad that the OOC opponents we had would literally offer us their old equipment that was still 10+ years modern in comparison

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Also Haynes was a phenomenal guy, I don’t think there was a negative bone in his body. But I don’t think there is anything more damaging to a mid major school than trying to emulate Jim Tressel. Like, we’re Kent State, embrace being the underdog. Corral a bunch of degenerates and punch opponents in the face for 12 games. He recruited a lot of smart, good kids but frankly I don’t give two fucks about Academic All-MAC members, the best players to come out of this program (Jules, Cribbs, Rosie) weren’t exactly Rhodes Scholars. Anyway, I look forward to them hiring the most generic choice possible

Yeah this is how I saw a lot of it. Half the assistants seemed like they were almost there as a favor to Paul Haynes, and were just doing what they could with an impossible situation. I don't think I've seen the program marketed at all in the last 10 years.

Haynes deserved so much better than that situation, especially from his alma mater. He's honestly one of the nicest people I've met and I hope his cancer treatments are going well.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Well, at least this dude is young.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kent State has hired Syracuse Offensive Coordinator Sean Lewis as their new head coach

quote:

The Lewis hiring concludes a lengthy search with a number of candidates interviewed. Sources told FootballScoop Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich was interviewed recently, but no deal materialized. AD Joel Nielsen originally centered the search on South Dakota State head coach Bob Nielson, but we’re told KSU president Beverly J. Warren nixed the move. The search then continued, including speaking with other candidates this weekend, for more than two weeks until the Lewis hiring.

Huh, that's a new one.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Apparently the UGA player Natrez Patrick (who got arrested because he was a passenger in a car that had either the worlds biggest penny or worlds smallest pot leaf) didn't test positive for marijuana during his arrest, only a bit of alcohol. This is an interesting twist to that whole story. He is over 21 anyway, so this was the biggest non story and I stand by my driving while black statement.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

Warren doesn’t like/understand football whatsoever

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Like she had no idea who Julian Edelman was despite him being like the most vocally pro-kent

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's up with your red text?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Warren doesn’t like/understand football whatsoever

To be fair hiring the South Dakota coach (the article says South Dakota state which would make more sense but is wrong) coming off an 8-5 year would be pretty awful.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Haynes to Cincy as a DB coach \:unsmith:/

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Randaconda posted:

What's up with your red text?

It's pretty self explanatory if you read it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Haynes to Cincy as a DB coach \:unsmith:/

Good for him :toot:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Hey DJ, sounds like y'all are getting a new D-coordinator in the form of one Carl Pelini

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I'm cautiously optimistic about that. Our defense was largely an afterthought in the Babers years and it's been a disaster so far with Jinks.

Jinks finally has some recruits on the field though and they've showed some promise, so here's hoping things finally start to turn with him.

E: It's actually pretty nice to see the staff finally get a bit older too. Jinks' staff before now was all young as hell and their inexperience clearly showed.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Real Name Grover posted:

Hey DJ, sounds like y'all are getting a new D-coordinator in the form of one Carl Pelini

How are BG's coeds?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/943171695463903232

uh

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

I legitimately don't know who's getting the worse end of this deal

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Please tell me if it's fully guaranteed. I need to know.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

That's clearly just being done so FAU gets some money when Lane moves on, it's like standard issue now at almost any school.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
FAU is gonna get PAID when Kiffin jumps ship next year.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Does Kendall Briles also get 10 years?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

That's clearly just being done so FAU gets some money when Lane moves on, it's like standard issue now at almost any school.

skaboomizzy posted:

FAU is gonna get PAID when Kiffin jumps ship next year.

It's these, yeah.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I think FAU is probably at the level Kiffin will actually succeed at, so when he leaves only to flame out at some P5 school he'll kick himself for having left.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Unless the P5 school is okay with also hiring Kendall Briles as OC (and possibly having Art as an unpaid advisor) I think Lane would probably just flame out again. FAU was winning by running up crazy offensive stats with Baylor’s old offense.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Jerry Kill retired for the second or third time, I can't keep track

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Second.

The names that have been tossed out are Longo, Fisch, Dan Enos, and Noel Mazzone, who seem to be making the rounds for most openings.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Fisch went to Mizzou

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

At least something good came out of this loving bill

https://mobile.twitter.com/ajc/status/943560749410144256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation