Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Boring as it is I do feel like Ryoma deserves a seasonal alt when we've had so many fates seasonals without him. Hopefully the rest of the banner is more interesting.

Actually scrap that, make it bad so I'm not tempted to waste all my orbs again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

narrowly squeaked in at GC Tier 25, position #20

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Got a free Hardin :toot:
Congrats! I got me a free Myrrh! :toot:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The fact that we're guaranteed at least two males means I'll probably throw a few orbs at it.

A bit sad that that's the bar now though.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Wish there was an armour I really liked because I've got two bad IV Hardins now and no one to give Bold Fighter to. I guess VLyn could use it since her attack is so low she could do with more frequent specials? I also have Jakob but no brave bow and he's -Atk. Or I can wait and see if they release, like... I genuinely don't know who would be an armour I care about.

edit: oh I realised. If they ever give Lukas an armour alt that's probably the only one.

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Aug 7, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Gluten Freeman posted:

Wish there was an armour I really liked because I've got two bad IV Hardins now and no one to give Bold Fighter to. I guess VLyn could use it since her attack is so low she could do with more frequent specials? I also have Jakob but no brave bow and he's -Atk. Or I can wait and see if they release, like... I genuinely don't know who would be an armour I care about.

I hate player phase armors so I don’t really have anything to do with mine either. I don’t like brazen skills either.

I have three Hardins so I guess I could just merge them to a +2.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Ugh, 130 orbs and all I got was two Effies.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Onmi posted:

Okay I know I talked about people not saving lances for the last round. But in my defense I'm at my graduation.

Can i ask what’s the story with your custom title i’m curious

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
e: wrong thread

also wow team sharena really poo poo the bed for me in the last round (four territories controlled :negative:)

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I went to bed with my team Anna having 22 areas, woke up to 4. 2 of them all the way up north, 2 of them way down south. Yay team Europe!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I clicked the only green orb in my free pull and I got Fallen Grima and he's atk+/hp-

Thanks, game. I love you boo.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Can i ask what’s the story with your custom title i’m curious

I'm remaking FE6 in FE6, people made a lot of jokes about making their personal ship canon (Lyn x Florina) it happened enough that I got annoyed like I did back in 2010 when I got actual malicious emails over people demanding I put stuff in. I made that post, my friends like teasing me. Simple story.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
fake. no goons have friends

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Onmi posted:

I'm remaking FE6 in FE6, people made a lot of jokes about making their personal ship canon (Lyn x Florina) it happened enough that I got annoyed like I did back in 2010 when I got actual malicious emails over people demanding I put stuff in. I made that post, my friends like teasing me. Simple story.

Lyn was canonically too busy flyin around with her girlfriend to help her best friend’s kids in the Bern war

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Not wasting any orbs on this seasonal banner because I'm too busy wasting all my orbs on the fighter-skills banner

hello merric my old friend~~~ at least he doesn't pitybreak you anymore

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

After my utter failure to get Globin, I feel vindiated. Got OTHER Grima in just 45 orbs. And he's not terrible, either! +atk/-def. That bane is unfortunate but atk is a superboon so NICE. I had way over 20k feathers thanks to the GC so I gave him Aether and Fury.

With that he'll have 35 def, 30 res, and 63 atk! Holy moly. He'll support with Fae, who has Drive Def, so I think he'll be all right.

Now I just need a BIke so I can finish Fae...

Starsnostars posted:

Boring as it is I do feel like Ryoma deserves a seasonal alt when we've had so many fates seasonals without him. Hopefully the rest of the banner is more interesting.

Actually scrap that, make it bad so I'm not tempted to waste all my orbs again.

Same. I am not at all tempted by a seasonal Ryoma and Xander and I want to save orbs for another shot at Globin.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Tired Moritz posted:

I... I think they're my friends...

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Onmi posted:

I... I think they're my friends...

They're plotting your demise.

Like right now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Natural 20 posted:

They're plotting your demise.

Like right now.

Jokes on them, I welcome death

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Had a little trouble with the armour quest, but it was a fun puzzle to figure out.

I suspect it would be easier if I had a 5* blue armour anywhere in my barracks.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Did you miss out on Valentines Eliwood?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Man, the armour quest was easy for me, mainly because I invested in an Effie/Sheena/Zeph/Jakob super team ages ago so this kind of thing would specifically not trip me up. Literally all the other quests are giving me barney though.

Tired Moritz posted:

I had a friend once. It was horrible.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Well I scrounged and spent every f2p orb I could for the legendary banner. Ended up only with a Lucina +1. At least it wasn't the -SPD I started with. Did get 3 Bow Lyns (from finishing pulls on high % when I got a 5*) so that is nice.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Based on my GC friend unit experience, Bow Lucina is extremely sweet

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Andrast posted:

Based on my GC friend unit experience, Bow Lucina is extremely sweet

No kidding, I made her my lead unit and it looks like she helped a lot of friends, based on the counter going up by almost 300 by the time GC ended

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
If I manage to draw an M!Grima I kind of hope I get one with bad IV's so I don't feel bad about perfecting Amelia. She still has quick riposte.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Starsnostars posted:

Did you miss out on Valentines Eliwood?

Oh poo poo. I completely forgot he existed and needed a blue armor to run with Grima and friends for the Training Tower quests!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I haven't used Bow Lucina for anything serious yet, but I got her trained up and her level 40 convo becomes extremely awkward when you have a Grima sitting in your barracks. Both Grimas murder her super hard, too. :v:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

When I left GC we have 16 nodes and at the end we had 15. It was great being on a team for once that could hold on and didn't immediately gently caress things up.

Squeaked to tier 25 while doing most of it on hard auto. I ended up 4th with ~204000.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Got M!Grima, +Def/-HP. Not great, but also not poo poo like what happened with SY!Tiki and YT!Olivia. I'll happily take this for my free pull.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Ranked #1 with 270k points but the rest of my team were losers so we basically lost all territories in the last round. I'm no longer choked up about this because I just expect it to happen now.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

SL the Pyro posted:

Got M!Grima, +Def/-HP. Not great, but also not poo poo like what happened with SY!Tiki and YT!Olivia. I'll happily take this for my free pull.

I mean that's probably better than neutral IV for him tbh. That's solid.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

SL the Pyro posted:

Mine is like -atk or something and he is still a monster. I was hoping to pull a new one with better IV's but I only had like 50 orbs and got skunked out.

Washout fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 7, 2018

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

I haven't used Bow Lucina for anything serious yet, but I got her trained up and her level 40 convo becomes extremely awkward when you have a Grima sitting in your barracks. Both Grimas murder her super hard, too. :v:

you know who grima doesn't murder

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What's a good A skill for MGrima? I have a spare Brave Ike but I figure Steady Breath is wasted a bit with Vengeful Fighter. Distant Defense seems like a good option to add to his tankiness?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

What's a good A skill for MGrima? I have a spare Brave Ike but I figure Steady Breath is wasted a bit with Vengeful Fighter. Distant Defense seems like a good option to add to his tankiness?

I gave mine Fury, but anything that adds to his stats is good. Distant Defense would be fine, as would Close Defense. Or Steady Stance if you feel like burning a Black Knight.

Steady Breath is more for if you're going whole hog and feeding him Bold Fighter, so he gets the cooldown reduction on BOTH phases.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If I had BF I'd feed him to my Halloween Jakob and I'm trying real hard not to blow the rest of my orbs on the banner

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgyf4SzOTa0

gently caress I need Elincia and Micaiah

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
TLDW for people:

EVERYONE GETS DANCE. All the weapons have a Hardy Bearing effect (disables skills that affect attack priority like Vantage, Desperation, etc.)

Xander: Colourless Dagger. Horseslaying Dagger. Has Close Counter, Quick Riposte and Odd Def Wave.
Elincia: Green Dagger. Dragonslaying Dagger. Has Atk/Spd Push, Drive Res and Rockslide Dance (+3 SPD/+4 DEF after Sing/Dance).
Ryoma: Blue Dagger. Armorslaying Dagger. Has Triangle Adept, Chill Def, Spur Spd/Res.
Micaiah: Red Mage. Prf with armor/horse effectiveness. Has Atk/Res Bond, Res Ploy and Fireflood Dance (+3 ATK/+4 RES after Sing/Dance).

They all look really good even if just for the inheritance options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I... I think I'm actually good on this one :wth:

I've got plenty of dancers already, I'm not the biggest dagger guy, and I'm not really into any of the art (even if Xander's dance animation was pretty funny). Guess I've just got more time to blow all my orbs on the Fighter banner :shrug: