Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

joylessdivision posted:

Oh that's always hilarious. The old "We've all got bats and I have these perks, we'll be fine" as I rage through the door and murder everyone because they can't manage to actually figure out how to fight in a confined space.

Admittedly, fighting Jason inside a cabin is hard as gently caress compared to outside. We tried a Jason kill that Jason willingly entered, and he slaughtered us.

Meanwhile, we had a game where all of us just ran out the timer beating the crap out of Jason until he was barely able to stand up before being knocked out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Basebf555 posted:

Being able to step in a trap or two without fear is a major advantage to having the first aid spray perks. One perk to spawn with a spray and then combo that with the one that gives you 2 uses per spray.

i'm not a huge fan of hypochondriac just because first aid is generally so simple to find. run into any bathroom and you'll get a can. that said, it's not an outright bad perk the way, say, aquanaut is, so if you've got nothing better...

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Coolguye posted:

i'm not a huge fan of hypochondriac just because first aid is generally so simple to find. run into any bathroom and you'll get a can. that said, it's not an outright bad perk the way, say, aquanaut is, so if you've got nothing better...

Yea I really don't have a ton of useful perks. I don't have any of the good damage reduction or fear reduction perks, so I'd rather use one that's going to give me an item than like a +6% fear reduction or something that wouldn't even effect the game in any noticeable way.

The map perk is critical and I could never go back to not having it. Being able to immediately check the map and come up with a quick gameplan is HUGE.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Just had a pub match where Jason managed to kill everyone except for one dude playing as Chubs. There was 12 minutes left and Jason found him fairly quick. What followed was the most magical 12 minutes of my life as Jason struggles to keep up with a fat kid, and every time Jason managed to corner him, he would somehow find something to use as a weapon in the immediate vicinity and get a lucky shot on Jason before resuming the chase once more. It all came to a halt when Jason finally caught him with about 15 seconds left on the clock.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

SilverSupernova posted:

Just had a pub match where Jason managed to kill everyone except for one dude playing as Chubs. There was 12 minutes left and Jason found him fairly quick. What followed was the most magical 12 minutes of my life as Jason struggles to keep up with a fat kid, and every time Jason managed to corner him, he would somehow find something to use as a weapon in the immediate vicinity and get a lucky shot on Jason before resuming the chase once more. It all came to a halt when Jason finally caught him with about 15 seconds left on the clock.

Yea the counselors who can't run fast or far can usually still juke around pretty good if they're skilled, but only until Rage comes active. Then your cabin isn't the respite you were hoping it'd be and your stamina will run out very soon...

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i grew out of having the preparedness perk once i had other truly critical perks. even a nerfed thick skin at ~15% is a big deal versus not having thick skin, medic is huge, restful is huge. marathon can be huge. on high stealth characters like debbie and AJ, lightfoot at 10%+ is huge (literally all movement is 100% silent). preparedness owns and don't take this as me knocking it, but i wouldn't lock myself in to never taking it off. you'll eventually get stuff that's more fun.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

The map perk is critical and I could never go back to not having it. Being able to immediately check the map and come up with a quick gameplan is HUGE.

I see a lot of people making GBS threads on Preparedness, and I really don't get it. Yes, maps are easy enough to find, but I agree that being able to access it immediately is critical. You can see where everyone has spawned, lay eyes on the vehicles, avoid cabins that have already been looted, and so on. I experimented with taking it off after I got experienced at the game, and I missed it dearly.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the people ragging on preparedness basically forget that the absolute most critical seconds for the counselors are the ones that tick down before Jason gets Shift. those two minutes are worth more than the following 6 minutes combined. if you roll preparedness, you are much more able to make use of that time than someone who is not.

the other perks that are more valuable are the ones that give you access to more than the 6 minutes afterward; the ones that make you noticeably more difficult to detect, catch, and kill.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The actor who played Roy is only ~6' tall. I wonder if the Roy Burns Jason will be modeled smaller than the others. I think the actor who played Jason II was also 6' or a hair over, yet he seems just as tall as the others.

Are there any differences in height between the Jasons we have now? Some are clearly more slender (Jason II, Jason VIII) than others (Jason III), but I'm unsure if there is any height differential between them.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Nah, if they were shorter or whatever the mocap data from Hodder wouldn't be usable, or it'd look really dumb. It's dependent on all the joint to joint measurements being the same, and screwing with the height will do that 100 percent of the time, while trimming love handles or poking out a chest will not.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Aug 15, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just hope they put some love and attention into Roy's face under the mask. It's gotta be goofy as hell, just like in the movie when they rip the Jason mask off and he's wearing this cowl thing and his fat face is all squeezed in there awkwardly.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also whoever was playing JasonRoy may have been taller than the actual Roy actor.

Though really I've commented on this before- the hilarious thing about all of this is that it basically looks like Kane Hodder digitally cosplaying as all the Jasons.

part 3 is way too built, Part 6 doesn't have the right build either, 2 is tall as gently caress with super broad shoulders

It's great

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Game part III has like 75lbs on the next largest Jason, he's huge.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
As much as I like Kane Hodder, I kind of wish they would've gone the whole nine and hired a second mocap actor to do parts 2, 3 and 6. Or 2 and 3 at the very least, part 6 is close enough to Hodder Jason that you could fudge the details on that one.

It just feels weird to have the earlier Jasons lumbering around like a linebacker when they're jogging, those guys were pretty limber. You wouldn't have to increase the jogging speed either, just make them feel less like leadfooted hulks.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Game part III has like 75lbs on the next largest Jason, he's huge.

Yeah, it's great.

It's mostly due to his mild hunchback and giganto neck. In the movie, he was played by a smaller, relative to Kane Hodder, actor that they did the whole Frankenstein trick on, with the too short shirt and big boots.

Scaled up to Kane Hodder's height, he's loving massive and it's great. 8 is a lot slimmer than 7, also, because 7 was wearing the full body makeup, with his bones and everything exposed, with clothes ontop of that nightmare. 8 didn't have to wear as elaborate a costume so his profile was a lot slimmer in the chest and arms.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

part 8 constantly makes me think of a SWAT officer gone berserk and i love that

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just had a great idea. Using the CB radio should have a 50/50 chance of calling this guy instead of Tommy:

greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

Prepardness is good. I actually like that there are a lot of good perks to choose from, makes it harder to decide. I got a marathon epic with 10 percent more stamina, no downside. Then medic, and a 14 percent restful w no downaide either. The one about noise generating while sprinting I have epic too. It's genuinely hard to decide sometimes, even the radio perk is good since I have been through four cabins sometimes without finding one.

Even nerves of steel, the one where you dont lose your minimap is useful depending on the counsellor.

greasynig
Aug 14, 2017

Basebf555 posted:

I just had a great idea. Using the CB radio should have a 50/50 chance of calling this guy instead of Tommy:

A legitimately good addition would be a threeway split where Tina, Duke, or Jarvis can be called.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Duke will absolutely be added at some point, I can't believe they would not do something that seems so obvious. And simple too, there's no aspect of the gameplay that would have to change, just have him answer the radio instead of Tommy.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
We've hashed it a bit before, but what makes the most sense for Roy's strengths / weaknesses?

I'm not sure if he ever ran in the movies, I don't think he did, BUT it would be consistent with Jason II and III, who are both also "alive." On the flip side, the game is suppose to be a distilled cross-section of a Jason murder-spree. Roy would be "in character" sort-of-speak and opt not to run.

To me, Roy is a more empathetic character than Voorhees. He has a distinct motivation and emotional drive for doing what he's doing. While Jason is a supernatural murder-machine, Roy is a father who has completely lost his poo poo over his dead son. He's enraged and unstable - extremely dangerous but extremely vulnerable. He takes a lot of his victims by surprise and suddenly, I would like to see that reflected in his stats.

Strengths
+Weapon strength (The man is enraged due to the loss of his son.)
+Morph (Roy kills many characters off-screen and in different areas in the movie)
+Stalk (Roy kills many in Part V by taking them unaware)

Weaknesses
-Can't run (He is "in character" as Jason)
-Less HP (He is human, mortal, and dies in the movie)
-Traps (Roy's killing spree is sudden and improvised he wouldn't have access to homemade traps)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/897495083347566592

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Duke would be hysterical, they should really go over the top with his lines.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

I'm perplexed.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well poo poo. That throws a monkey wrench into the whole thing. What would a blue dot in the #2 space mean? I can't think of anything.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The common theory I'm seeing online is that it's providing a date for some time between the 20th and 29th, since the first had the 8th dot blue (8th month) followed by the 2 here.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Host migration is my best bet now, I was really hoping for Roy :(

Also I finally got to watch Part 4 last night and mega props to Patricia Jarvis for seeing Jason and immediately dunking on him with a goddamn TV

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
It's still Roy (The blue dot in the group of 7 Voorhees) The position of the blue dot is the release date, with a 3rd image yet to be released.

First image was the 8th spot (August, 8/XX)

Second image was the 2nd spot (August 2X'th, 8/2X)

Roy will come out August 20'somethingth. I'm going to guess Friday the 25th with the third image being in the 5th spot.

Tinfoil Papercut fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 15, 2017

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Will they have to change the round ending cinematic for Roy? I don't think he really cares what Mama Voorhees thinks...

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Roy just flops down in a lazyboy and cracks open a beer and never kills again.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

The opening cinematic for Roy should be him arriving at camp in his ambulance to find a Chad standing over Generic Victim Dude holding an axe. The other campers scatter after Roy kills a Chad, then Roy dons his costume.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

King Vidiot posted:

The opening cinematic for Roy should be him arriving at camp in his ambulance to find a Chad standing over Generic Victim Dude holding an axe. The other campers scatter after Roy kills a Chad, then Roy dons his costume.

Would be cool if we hear his son's voice instead of Pamela's. <--- It won't be this one.

The alternative cheap way to do it would just be to remove the Pamela voice and replace with nothing. <---It will be this one.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Or him talking to himself.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Would be cool if we hear his son's voice instead of Pamela's. <--- It won't be this one.

The alternative cheap way to do it would just be to remove the Pamela voice and replace with nothing. <---It will be this one.

I dunno about the latter, as the Pamela voice on stuns have a mechanical effect of obscuring the sounds the fleeing counselor makes (as the darkened / camera-locked screen does for vision).

But it then becomes a question of how far do you go with keeping to the character of Roy. The possibilities there is what's really interesting to me.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
ki ki ki da da da and the sweater is blue and Tommy has to wear it

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Roy's shack will have the dead fat kid, and you have to take his candy bar and eat it in front of Roy to stun him.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The fact that their making such a big deal about Roy makes me think there will be a bit more to it than just a Jason with blue markings on his mask. I definitely think there will at least be a new intro or ending scene and I do think they'll change Pamela's voice to something else.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Was watching someone playing DbD on twitch and one thing this game needs is a neighborhood map. Like make it a culd-de-sac with some car accidents blocking poo poo. you could have a little wooded area for jasons shack, and a few houses and sheds in back yards. New kills for pool toys, lawn mowers, weed whackers, fire hydrants, pink flamingo in the eyes why not? What I'm saying is there's a lot of potential.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Inside Out Mom posted:

Was watching someone playing DbD on twitch and one thing this game needs is a neighborhood map. Like make it a culd-de-sac with some car accidents blocking poo poo. you could have a little wooded area for jasons shack, and a few houses and sheds in back yards. New kills for pool toys, lawn mowers, weed whackers, fire hydrants, pink flamingo in the eyes why not? What I'm saying is there's a lot of potential.

The problem with that is nothing like it ever happened in one of the movies. The devs are pretty hardcore fans and they seem to want to stick pretty closely to what's actually in the films, at least in spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

The problem with that is nothing like it ever happened in one of the movies. The devs are pretty hardcore fans and they seem to want to stick pretty closely to what's actually in the films, at least in spirit.

You could stretch it and say it's the intro to Part 2.

• Locked thread