Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Then:

Now:

Later:

Beyond?:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Clarste posted:

That defeats the entire point of the dungeon roulette, which is to force max level players to help out new level 20 players who need to clear the dungeon for the MSQ. If it was based on the average party level then the low level dungeons wouldn't come up, ever, and it would become impossible for new players to level up.

They don't want you doing roulettes with a full 70 crew.
Yeah, they only begrudgingly made LLDR not a solo-only queue like what, 2 or 3 years ago?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Me at the end of SB:

drat I've been meaning to ask, how does your game look so good in this? Do you have some reshade stuff going on or is it just mad gpose skills?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

The Beginning

The Middle

The Now

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

OneDeadman posted:

The Beginning

The Middle

The Now

I think your dude's caught Greyscale.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
The glam expansion needs to happen now. I'm at critical mass for outfits.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Xun posted:

drat I've been meaning to ask, how does your game look so good in this? Do you have some reshade stuff going on or is it just mad gpose skills?

This is courtesy of Stormshade, mostly default settings.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

You can make shots pop quite a lot with just the basic filters in gpose, though yeah I think most everyone is on the reshade train.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Then:

Now:

Later:

Beyond?:

except for the giraffe thing, you're basically me

currently femroe, been lalafell (and i kinda wanna fantasia again right now, not gonna lie), and I wanna be lionboy when SB launches

the problem is lalafell look dumb in plate/with big weapons and I've yet to be convinced otherwise, much as i love the blighters :(

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Towards the end of Heavensward I asked for yearbook photos of everyone's characters, and I'm doing the same again! Post a nice picture of your character for the thread, and if you took it and still have it, your picture from Heavensward!

Start of ARR Rasheek and apparently the very first screenshot I took in the game.

End of HW Rasheek

End of SB Rasheek

God, my screenshot game has ramped up so much that it's actually hard to nail down a final look for SB.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 21, 2019

Chippzz
Mar 22, 2008
Started in November. This game has the best dressup in a mmo I've played.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Towards the end of Heavensward I asked for yearbook photos of everyone's characters, and I'm doing the same again! Post a nice picture of your character for the thread, and if you took it and still have it, your picture from Heavensward!

pretty sure i don't have a HW picture but have one for SB anyway

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 21, 2019

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ciaphas posted:

except for the giraffe thing, you're basically me

currently femroe, been lalafell (and i kinda wanna fantasia again right now, not gonna lie), and I wanna be lionboy when SB launches

the problem is lalafell look dumb in plate/with big weapons and I've yet to be convinced otherwise, much as i love the blighters :(

The mounts are why I gotta go back to something tall. I loving hate mount scaling so much. Why is my Rathalos smaller than a roe when I'm a potato? (and gently caress your "small/baby/mini rathalos are rare" monster hunter bullshit, I ground that poo poo out the hard way, I want to loving show that poo poo off every chance I get.)

alternative future:

source: https://www.instagram.com/brendanmoi/

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
My start of Stormblood was actually Heavensward. Yeah, I reached HW just as Stormblood launched. So:

But I actually made it through the expansion! And got a little better at /gpose.

(Still not sure about the Noct hair...)

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

This is the oldest screenshot I could find. The file is dated August 18, 2013. Which means it must be from the last open beta or the date got messed up somewhere along the line (ARR's early access started 8/24/13).

I mained BRD through 2.x This one is right after I got my i90 relic completed. To date the only relic/anima/eureka weapon I've had finished when it was still current.

This is right before HW's launch, patch 2.4 I think. I'd started playing more PLD at that point.

Didn't take too many selfies through HW. This is dated about 2 weeks before SB's launch.

A week later I changed my hair. The Aesthetician was a godsend. Sometime after I took the first 2 shots, I used my free fantasia to change hair/makeup.

Finally, I took these a week or so ago. I may have already posted them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Man, I had like back to back the best dungeon experience and the worst dungeon experience

The Worst: I was running Brayflox's Longstop, and god had bestowed upon me the stupidest loving monk in existence. There are certain Aggro who just think they are invincible and God's gift and will do ANYTHING to get into the fight before the Tank engages, and then do everything in their power to ignore the fight mechanics because why would they pay attention?

Failure 1 happened when we hit the basin, the wide open area with a tonne of Mobs. I know Monks have a lot of positionals to work with, but he continuously moved in such a way to bring in more groups with a healer who was not the best trying to keep him alive as me (The tank) Ran to take on even more enemies I was not prepared to handle. I said "Hey, I know Monk has a lot of positionals, but please try not to draw in more enemies.

I was promptly ignored and two groups were pulled.

Failure 2 happened against the Bubble Frog. Our other DPS got put in the bubble so I told him to go pop it while I drew Aggro. He didn't, then our healer was bubbled, and he refused to stop doing his DPS combo. So, I figured "gently caress it, you want to be a Tank so badly?" And decided to go after the bubbles again, upon ME doing so, he finally got the hint and started to do it.

And then there was the loving Dragon, this was just a messy, terrible fight. So, one of our DPS, not the Tank, Returns to Spawn when killed rather than wait for the res. So now we're down a DPS in the fight. The Healer has basically drained all their MP, so heals are even more infrequent, which is very awkward, especially when I'm trying to get the boss out of poison pools. I go down about... 3 times in the fight? On the final time, our good friend the Monk decides "Rather than pulling Aggro away from the healer who needs to resurrect our Tank, I'll let them die and solo this fight."

So we wipe, no problem, we'll do it again with 2 DPS now.

Our healer has no idea how to Return to Spawn. We try coaching them, we tell them what to do, nearly 10 minutes of a healer just refusing to respawn and having no idea how to do it. So then the monk quits, we boot the Healer, and then another DPS and Healer join and we do the fight near flawlessly.

IN COMPARISON while my first run on the Aurum Vale had a lot of failings on my part, my Astrologian Healer was very polite in explaining the duty to me, understanding of my initial mess ups, and was overall a very positive mentor who made sure I got the mechanics and which ones I was likely to encounter in the future.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Chippzz posted:

Started in November. This game has the best dressup in a mmo I've played.

Now, if only it had GW2's dye system and WoW's transmog wardrobe...

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

This is how I looked in Heavensward:

But since I changed my hair like a week before SB launch, this is what I submitted last time:

Then we had a small journey:

And now here we are:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any oldies from this game have any screenshots that contain that grass and other object that had bazilions of polygons to them that caused your GPUs to cry and explode?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jimbot posted:

Any oldies from this game have any screenshots that contain that grass and other object that had bazilions of polygons to them that caused your GPUs to cry and explode?

You mean any shots from 1.x?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

You mean any shots from 1.x?

I fell down a rabbit hole of watching 1.x cutscenes and kind of impressed at how much better they look and how much better characters emote, but also can see the problems it would have caused GPUs and, well, overall server stability of the time. So to answer your question, yes. 1.0 came out at a time when I was not at all interested in MMOs, so I never played it.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

GunblazeGriffin posted:

That would be great; I'd love to see an example layout.

Sorry this took a bit, but here you go. Gyazo doesn't seem to work with timg for me, so I'll just use links. I use the dpad+dpad/buttons+buttons layout instead of the default dpad+buttons/dpad+buttons. The normal hotbar is just to keep an eye on timers; I've also seen people use WXHB for that instead.

These are my old layout: main crossbars and expanded crossbars.
These are when I decided to rearrange: main crossbars and expanded.
My current layout, which is just a slightly modified version of the above one: main crossbars and expanded.

It still could be better; in particular the pre-pull diversion, botd, elusive jump is slightly annoying, but I'll either figure out something else I like or get used to it.

Chaeden posted:

As a side note, the only time I ever feel its a little justified for players to do this poo poo is Black Mages trying to offload their foul as quickly as possible and monks hoping to maintain GL. ...Dragoon...[has] no reason to...

Not touching the rest of this, but if you're excusing MNK for it because of their timer, do you not realize that DRG is also on a timer that can't be kept up indefinitely outside of combat?

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I don't have anything from HW, but this is the best screenshot I could find of me pre-fantasia:

and post-fantasia (still a screenshot novice but hey it's at least better):

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jimbot posted:

I fell down a rabbit hole of watching 1.x cutscenes and kind of impressed at how much better they look and how much better characters emote, but also can see the problems it would have caused GPUs and, well, overall server stability of the time. So to answer your question, yes. 1.0 came out at a time when I was not at all interested in MMOs, so I never played it.

Fair enough.

I think this was CBT but my GTX-260 and uh..hm, I can't remember what CPU I had. I think it was a Phenom of some kind and then I went to an X6 afterwards.. but yeah it did not handle the game well.

Album of what I had lying around here: https://imgur.com/a/3lhgINx

I like the ones where you can see that I had to drop the resolution pretty hard to maintain a whopping 15-20fps.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Boogalo posted:

SB

HW

Sticking wit dat yellow theme.
Having a distinct color theme for characters is great. I had a lot of light blues when I was MCH and now I'm mostly red purple gold and black more or less as a result of maining BLM now.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

here's the only 1.x screenshot I have left

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Having a distinct color theme for characters is great. I had a lot of light blues when I was MCH and now I'm mostly red purple gold and black more or less as a result of maining BLM now.

I pretty much exclusively use Rhotano Blue and Wine Red for all my glams. It's a good colour combo and I don't see any reason to change it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

I pretty much exclusively use Rhotano Blue and Wine Red for all my glams. It's a good colour combo and I don't see any reason to change it.
Rolanberry Red has been my go-to forever but lately I'm picking more and more pieces that have splashes of color or accessories built in.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
At the end of HW

At the end of SB

Nothing's changed except the hair, Giraffe Squad 4 Life.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

here's the only 1.x screenshot I have left

Thank you for documenting this bit of history

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Oldest screenshot I could find, from phase 3 beta. Still shocked how close the character design is to FFXII (even with Akihiko Yoshida as the character art lead).

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

ARR:

HW:

SB (current):

Getting more and more fashionable. Also, Lala is forever. (Unless bunnyboy in the far future is cute :parrot: )

FortMan fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 21, 2019

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Before:

After:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
In 1.0, I endeavoured to make myself look like as much of an unlikeable douche as possible, and I daresay I was pretty successful:

At ARR launch, I couldn't resist the siren call of the male catgirl, so I changed to this:

By HW launch, I had tweaked my catman into his final facial incarnation:

Since then the only thing that's changed is my screenshotting ability:

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful, Male CatgirlTM

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 21, 2019

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I started the game out as a THM, ended up switching to PLD at lvl ~30? then WAR after I finished ARR, then WAR all the way to 4.x, with some detours along the way

But you know what?

It's good to be back.

Exact same cat, I only changed the hair when I finished ARR because it clipped horribly with my Ironworks fending armour.

Internet upload crapped out after I got those two through so I can't show off the older stuff, but I wanted to share them because they look dope

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Coughing Hobo posted:

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful, Male CatgirlTM

I'd like to subscribe to your catboy newsletter.

I'm a bit sad since my old PC died and I have no screenshots before SB but I returned to my roots as moon cat after HW.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FortMan posted:

SB (current):

I normally hate both this hat and coat but you pulled it off, nice work.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Coughing Hobo posted:

In 1.0, I endeavoured to make myself look like as much of an unlikeable douche as possible, and I daresay I was pretty successful:

You look exactly like Legless Laurentius

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Giraffe whose name I forget, circa when I started playing near the start of Stormblood:

Aldous Dracht, now, being incredibly smug:

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Started playing way into Stormblood so all I have is some piss poor garbage screenshots of when I started as a Hyur

Worked out, maybe a bit of magic to mess with my skeleton and got a nose job to be a smug bitch

I wish I could use that glam for every class but alas the gloves are offensive casters only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

This is my very second screenshot I ever took all the way back in ARR (the first one had the UI on it)

Here's from when I was an Au Ra, it's one of many screenshots that I actually know is from HW.

And here's my latest, although I'm probably going to fantasia out of Roedame when Shadowbringers hits