Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Alan Smithee posted:

"Everyone saying I am a rap god
If i was diddling kids they would have made me a mod"

BARS.

As in, "say that stuff on a track Aubrey ASAP, so you end up behind bars."

Dude was literally doing the Lowtax "where's the conviction, show me the papers"-type defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

That Little Demon posted:

although thats probably a good thing because he'd have a star by now and this thread would be gassed

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

As a certified Drake-hater I am still amazed how a man who seems to me to be one of the most boring performers in the world is so despised. Between Pusha T and Kendrick the man has inspired some of the best hate-music of the last decade, it's remarkable.

Gertrude Perkins fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 6, 2024

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Ultraklystron posted:

BARS.

As in, "say that stuff on a track Aubrey ASAP, so you end up behind bars."

Dude was literally doing the Lowtax "where's the conviction, show me the papers"-type defense.

even the instrumental starts with "just let me see the proof"
begging for a bad time

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

FirstnameLastname posted:

even the instrumental starts with "just let me see the proof"
begging for a bad time

I'm really lost at where this is gonna go. Cuz, if the proof existed why would Drake push that so hard knowing that Kendrick could then possibly release all the proof that this whole thing has been building up to and then what? Though I guess literally what else is he gonna do?

But then, if there wasn't proof, this has been building up for a long rear end time and I cant see Kendrick going "I heard it from a guy and didn't look into it at all."

I wanna fast forward a week and see where things end up.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
if the result of this is people realize how much he sucks when he doesn't have ghostwriters that's also hilarious and a complete win

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

BrainDance posted:

I'm really lost at where this is gonna go.

he unintentionally, but doesn't matter still did, indirectly mocked kendricks mom being sexually abused in the last track and implied its the root of why kendrick really fuckin hates him and hes probably correct about that part
only goes one way after that

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Gertrude Perkins posted:

As a certified Drake-hater I am still amazed how a man who seems to me to be one of the most boring performers in the world is so despised. Between Pusha T and Kendrick the man has inspired some of the best hate-music of the last decade, it's remarkable.

People are like "boy Drake sure sounds bored in this new drop" and I'm not sure where they're coming from because I always thought Tootsie Slide and anything else I've had forced on me sounds like a half-asleep man using auto tune to help him hold notes.

People been mocking this dude like he's incorrect, but it's also what I thought of immediately when I heard the lyric, "I never been with no one underage".

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 6, 2024

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
Don't know how to embed Instagram but my brother sent me this and it made me chuckle.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6m3LExNMA6/?igsh=MTVkMnlnYjYwazJwYw==

Also checking in as someone who doesn't follow rap at all but is loving this public evisceration of a real piece of poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The line that stood out to me was the one where he’s calling Kendrick a clout chaser for coming after him and he must have an album coming soon to promote like he’s forgotten who was digging up Tupac to demand he respond.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
https://twitter.com/travishelwig/status/1787316993403798002

I've also seen one that was like:

Kendrick: You're a liar and a manipulator.

Drake: Not true, you fell for my lies and manipulations.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 6, 2024

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

I love that he's just ignoring the "In some cases, the age of consent is higher (for example, when there is a relationship of trust, authority or dependency)" caveat as if any Crown in Canada wouldn't argue that Drake has a position of power over a 16 year old model trying to "make it" in the industry.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Drakes going flee to Israel at this rate

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
does drake think people really hate kendrick and are looking for an excuse to go after him

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

prayer group posted:

i really like how many non-regulars this poo poo attracted to the thread. we got BBG in here! we got an old white lady with a homestuck avatar! what up yall!

I'm a casual listener to rap, mostly listen to what's on the radio or a few artists that have some songs I like. I 'm not too into KL but liked two of his previous songs. Then his songs dropped. And it's insane how much he blows Drake out of the water, and they're all great songs to listen to. Even Meet the Grahams, dark as it is, has me revisit it occasionally and I keep listening to the other ones because I love them. I was hoping for a thread I could follow and here I am.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

🗣️BBL DRIZZY, IM THICKA THAN A SNICKA

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

After sleeping on it even if Drake didn't totally misunderstand Mother I Sober "you only care about children getting molested because you were molested yourself" is an insane angle.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Pylons posted:

After sleeping on it even if Drake didn't totally misunderstand Mother I Sober "you only care about children getting molested because you were molested yourself" is an insane angle.

I think today will not be a good one for Drake.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Johnny Joestar posted:

i get that like all my social networks online are all pro-kendrick and want to see drake's rear end beat, but i don't see how i would view this latest song as any sort of win even if i was in drake's camp for whatever reason. who the hell thought this poo poo was on the same caliber as what's already been brought against him

I was dipping into r/drizzy and the take seems to be

* haha he IS the puppet master
* his songs are better produced
* Kendrick fell for everything
* also drakes accusations are all true

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Petey posted:

I was dipping into r/drizzy and the take seems to be

* haha he IS the puppet master
* his songs are better produced
* Kendrick fell for everything
* also drakes accusations are all true

also "kendrick fans are sick freaks they HOPE the drake accusations are true just to win the battle"

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I always assumed all of Drake's fans were 15 year old girls? I'm not saying that to dunk on him, I just thought that was actually true.

They'd have to be, clearly that's what his whole thing has been for, right? Why else would he be that way?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Lol

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Woke up and still thinking about how in Drake's version of events he knew there was a leak and then exploited this knowledge to plant something entirely believable and with no evidence that he leaked it.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

prayer group posted:

i really like how many non-regulars this poo poo attracted to the thread. we got BBG in here! we got an old white lady with a homestuck avatar! what up yall!

Hip hop is so fuckin back

Google Butt posted:

also "kendrick fans are sick freaks they HOPE the drake accusations are true just to win the battle"

I am

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

BrainDance posted:

I always assumed all of Drake's fans were 15 year old girls? I'm not saying that to dunk on him, I just thought that was actually true.

i dont know what his core audience is actually considered by the numbers but lots of black women (meaning adults) do listen to drake. it brings me no pleasure to report this

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

BWV posted:

Woke up and still thinking about how in Drake's version of events he knew there was a leak and then exploited this knowledge to plant something entirely believable and with no evidence that he leaked it.

Yeah I'm thinking if there was any evidence it was a plant he'd have released the evidence.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
itd be funny if drake is telling the truth about disinformation but somehow managed to lose all evidence

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

If Drake really wanted to take the puppet master/not mad angle his response should have been on the bbldrizzy beat.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I heard Kendrick's name before, but this is the first time I actually listened to a song of his. Meet the Grahams is pretty sick.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

busalover posted:

I heard Kendrick's name before, but this is the first time I actually listened to a song of his. Meet the Grahams is pretty sick.

Meet the Grahams is about the meanest song I've ever heard. Downright cruel.

I loved it.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

If OVO and TDE all got along they probably gun me down by the end of the song
Seems like the whole world go against drake
Every time he release a track we go “Ha ha ha”

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Drake simultaneously attempting to pull off "calm Hitler" while sounding more shook than his opponent is quite a feat

OPAONI posted:

Yeah I'm thinking if there was any evidence it was a plant he'd have released the evidence.

The only POSSIBLE way it makes sense is if he knew some people in his camp (who he describes as "clowns") would leak to Kendrick so he fed them bad information that they thought was true. So he wouldn't be able to get the receipts.

Now, just because that's one possible way his claims could be true doesn't mean it isn't incredibly stupid, of course

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

prayer group posted:

lol yeah it owns

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Drake doing a better job than Kendrick convincing me that all the poo poo said about him is true

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Layers

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I didn't listen to either of them before this. I'm just here for the beef and it's impossible not to appreciate how much Kendrick hates Drake. Euphoria, Meet the Grahams, and Not Like Us are just loving incredible. Kendrick buried Drake alive and Drake's response was to dig farther down.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I feel like we should have a gang tag for this moment. Somebody should get on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
This was posted before Drake dropped Part 6 and I've been thinking about it ever since.

https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1786735046646190380?t=nIxO2UA7deZR-nWuQii-5g&s=19