Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
OBW, Magneto Now, & Punisher works well on all brotherhood fights. I swap OBW for Classic Storm for Dark Avengers.

OBW uses anti-grav and steals purple, Magneto makes 5 billion blue tiles with the purples OBW steals, and Punisher punishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been using Magneto NOW (14, 3/5/5), Spidey (60, 3/5/5) and Punisher (100, 3/4/5) or whatever hero I'm required to use. Magneto's Purple fuels Spidey's Blue, I can gather AP while stunlocking the enemies, use Punisher's Green and Black to whittle them down, kill off two with Punisher's Red, heal with Spidey's Yellow and then finish off the last one. Only lost one battle due to poo poo luck. Though I do have to use the +3 Blue / Purple boost against Ares / Two Mooks cause I cannot deal with his green.

Except in the Oasis stages, where I use OBW, Modern Storm and Punisher or Daredevil in that one stage that forces you to.

Got a Psylocke Blue from my first PVE token, bringing her to 1/1/1. I can only take her to level 20, though, which sucks rear end.

All I want is to get to 70k to get my Punisher Green to finish his build.

I'm so used to Modern Storm for PVE that I can't envision myself using Classic Storm. Sure, she has an AOE nuke and a stun in one skill, and her Green has better return that Modern's with high Green AP, but I just find Modern's Red so goddamn useful in most stages.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Largepotato posted:

OBW, Magneto Now, & Punisher works well on all brotherhood fights. I swap OBW for Classic Storm for Dark Avengers.

OBW uses anti-grav and steals purple, Magneto makes 5 billion blue tiles with the purples OBW steals, and Punisher punishes.

I am using 2star Storm, Magneto now and Daken. Magneto fuels storm and Daken increases the damage (and, if needed, takes hits).

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
What are you guys using for the 1 star tournament? I pretty much sold all my 1 stars so I can't really do anything in it anyway but I'm curious what a good team for it would be.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GeckoMissingo posted:

What are you guys using for the 1 star tournament? I pretty much sold all my 1 stars so I can't really do anything in it anyway but I'm curious what a good team for it would be.

Storm, I.M, Juggernaut. Because those are the highest leveled guys I have.

Everybody in there uses red, and both storm and juggs use green so it would make sense to remove Juggs and replace him with Venom.

Anyways, got lucky with the four tokens I got in the PvE event: Psylocke, Mags now x 2, Daredevil.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Friendly Fire posted:

I wish I had a Spider Man worth using. Or a single Psylocke cover. It would make things so much easier.

And I got a Psylocke cover from the progression reward token an hour veggie the end. Managed to sneak into top 5 Nigeria and just missed out on top 15 in the other sub as I could do the missions that needed her.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Psylocke, MagnetowNOW in the color I needed, and a Punisher to sell from the rewards. I think the game's buttering me up.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Magneto NOW and Classic Storm trivialize this poo poo, it rules. Storm's boosted blue is disgusting, and Mag's purple at level 5 is insane.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Please game please stop giving me blue and yellow c. storm covers.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Please game please stop giving me blue and yellow c. storm covers.

This is a joke for me. I don't have either storm on my roster, but every other token seems to be a storm cover, and I just sell them. The game might be trying to send a message that says, "Use a Storm," but I'll be a child and refuse to listen.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

C. Storm is ridiculous in this event. C. Storm, Magneto Now and Spidey have been cleaning house and no one on the enemy team gets to move at all.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Today is just not my day.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Dizz posted:

Today is just not my day.

Take 10 seconds and run the first prologue mission for 20 ISO.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Friendly Fire posted:

Take 10 seconds and run the first prologue mission for 20 ISO.

Yes I know, but at that time I just wanted to finish playing for the day.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, thanks to all those tokens from the PvE event my first 13-cover 2-star character is... a 5/5/3 Magneto Now (Maxed blue is really fun against the cpu countdown tiles). Sucks that the 30,000 point reward int the PvE is yet another red cover but it's not like I care that much about him.

Modern Storm is also close to the cover limit but I am hoping to find the last blue cover.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

trucutru posted:

Modern Storm is also close to the cover limit but I am hoping to find the last blue cover.

The respec system is apparently in the next patch. If you get another cover for her you really have nothing to lose by throwing it on there and leveling her up to 85 while you wait for the one you want.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I wish the game would just give me the needed green wolverine covers I need and stop it with the red covers.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION
Has there ever been talk of a trading system among players?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kameh posted:

Has there ever been talk of a trading system among players?

Why would they ever implement something like this? It would reduce their income.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So I was supposed to get Assault Team tokens, but I don't think I got any. It gave me the alert, but I don't have the free rolls :(

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

CHAMPION

trucutru posted:

Why would they ever implement something like this? It would reduce their income.

I mean, that's obvious to me. But it just seems like a neat thing they could do for players, and...we could trade covers like comics in real life, and...:blush:

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE
Looks like the new update is up on Android and Alliances are capped at 20 people currently. We'll probably need a few Alliances then for the active players we have.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I'm semi-retired from the game, but a goon alliance could pull me back in. What's it do?

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Kameh posted:

I mean, that's obvious to me. But it just seems like a neat thing they could do for players, and...we could trade covers like comics in real life, and...:blush:

All this leads to is people having 100s of accounts like every other FTP game.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
They're doing some sort of sweepstakes over on Facebook. Win up to $100 worth of Hero Points

Full disclaimer - this link will net me bonus entries : http://woobox.com/k69tab/6mwe43

This link will not : https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest and then click on the Sweeps tab.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So yeah, joining a bracket late and then doing the harder missions three times or so catapulted me to #2 in one of the PvE event locations. Yay for Rubber-banding!

There is also a Psylocke tourney starting. And the prize is Mags, welp, I guess I know what I'll be doing now.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
Finished one of the Iso-8 lab brackets in top 5 45 minutes ago, but still haven't got the rewards. It's happened before, and usually I've been able to trigger due rewards by playing another mission, but not this time.

Anyone got experience in dealing with problems like this? Sent a message to them via the game, but I'm going to be sad if those two assault team recruit tokens are lost to HYDRA.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Got my butt kicked last round in Iso-8 Brotherhood. Oh well at least R48 is out.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
This PVE event is starting to show its teeth. God drat level 100+ juggernaut.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
It installed an update when I opened Steam and now every boost, except 20% on critical matches, has been "retired". So have fun with that I guess.

What a waste of ISO.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
Respec works with the new patch. Works as advertised, No added iso cost.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Friendly Fire posted:

Respec works with the new patch. Works as advertised, No added iso cost.

Yeah, I already switched my Mags now from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Looks like all the new boosts are just +1 AP to whatever 2 colors or all colors now.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Looks like all the new boosts are just +1 AP to whatever 2 colors or all colors now.

They mentioned this, they should also be stackable as well so you can put up to 3 in the one boost slot.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
drat it, I can't make an alliance named "Kate Bishop is a Dirty Dog Thief."

Maybe "Pizza DogThief."

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 24, 2014

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Verno5x posted:

Looks like the new update is up on Android and Alliances are capped at 20 people currently. We'll probably need a few Alliances then for the active players we have.

I can't find any alliances more than 5. Also looks like you can only join one and it costs 2500 iso to make one.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
Are there any listed benefits to alliances yet?

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I can't find any alliances more than 5. Also looks like you can only join one and it costs 2500 iso to make one.

Yeah, I saw them for a second and now I see only 5 person alliances. Do 4 other active people want to join up for one for the eventual sharing they're likely going to do in Alliances?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sure. Maybe we should do something about the docs in the op as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Call Me Charlie posted:

It installed an update when I opened Steam and now every boost, except 20% on critical matches, has been "retired". So have fun with that I guess.

What a waste of ISO.
Every time I start to feel like this game might not be run by grubby, scummy assholes they squirt out lovely little surprises like this.