Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

They got the look of things it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lol my new fave gif

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Tiny Tina? Gross.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm actually really surprised Kevin Hart isn't just voice acting Claptrap

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cate is way too old to be playing Lilith

Kevin is way too small to be playing Roland

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I didn't want to be that guy but it does bother me how poorly cast this whole thing is.

It's like Elijah Wood playing Conan. Roland is the size of Terry Crews

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

I'm actually really surprised Kevin Hart isn't just voice acting Claptrap

He could probably just fit in the robot.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Reshoots handled by a different filmmaker and a screenwriter removing their credit, BORDERLANDS is sure to be good.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

Reshoots handled by a different filmmaker and a screenwriter removing their credit, BORDERLANDS is sure to be good.
also it's based on Borderlands so... yeah

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

caligulamprey posted:

But at least this time the colors on the poster are probably gonna be in the movie.

I don't hate the casting, but why have all the characters been aged up fifteen years?

I thought it's going to be canon to the games but then Roland is alive. Or is he?

Martman posted:

also it's based on Borderlands so... yeah

Tales from The Borderlands is good, but that's a Telltale game.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

Yeah I didn't want to be that guy but it does bother me how poorly cast this whole thing is.

It's like Elijah Wood playing Conan. Roland is the size of Terry Crews

Now that's who shoulda played Roland

Elijah wood

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

No he wouldn't

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Also known as The Elevator in certain territories.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Mister Chief posted:

Not to be confused with The Boost

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is the only one worth filming

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Got the teaser posters for the Deadpool & Wolverine movie, they're using the codename 'Tidal Wave' on the postage.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Looks like someone need protection.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
is that a face coming out of her hair staring at the elevator with stern malice.

If so I think it's the thing in the elevator is that one that needs protection.... or needed protection.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The guy in the elevator did not have protection, and the girl happened. Sponsored by Durex.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mister Chief posted:

Decades later remade in English as "Down", which was renamed to "The Shaft" in the US.

If you have ever thoroughly explored Noami Watts' filmography you might have seen it!

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 21, 2024

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Mierenneuker posted:

Decades later remade in English as "Down", which was renamed to "The Shaft" in the US.

If you have ever thoroughly explored Noami Watts' filmography you might have seen it!

It's so wild to me this came out what, a few months before the ring? Like what a move for her. Especially since the shaft is so terrible.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Kingtheninja posted:

It's so wild to me this came out what, a few months before the ring? Like what a move for her. Especially since the shaft is so terrible.

Both The Lift and The Shaft were also directed by the same guy. He also directed a film called "Amsterdammed"

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 22, 2024

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Amsterdamned loving rules.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
New series or just a rerelease?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chris Knight posted:

New series or just a rerelease?

new series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--yeqMISgEM

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Same year as Mulholland Drive, and, in fact, premiered at the 2001 Cannes Film Festival five days before Mulholland Drive.

You can pretty much draw a line through her career - pre-Mulholland Drive and post-Mulholland Drive.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1763202483134865445?s=19

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

gently caress yeah give me a modern "hero and annoying stupid baby" movie straight from the 90s

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

At the 80 minute mark ultraman would be yelling in exasperation at the baby chicken who runs off in a fit but ultraman feels guilty so he chases after the baby but inadvertently gets himself captured by aliens therefore the baby learns to be more mature and independent in order to save ultraman

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Or possibly the baby chicken gets crushed to death in the first fight scene. NEVER BRING BABY CHICKENS TO A FIGHT WITH EVIL SPACE ALIEN/DEMONS!!!!. It would be a good moral for the kids.

I firmly believe all kids movies should have strong moral messages. I also have no idea what the ultraman movies are about. They are kids movies right?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dr_rat posted:

Or possibly the baby chicken gets crushed to death in the first fight scene. NEVER BRING BABY CHICKENS TO A FIGHT WITH EVIL SPACE ALIEN/DEMONS!!!!. It would be a good moral for the kids.

I firmly believe all kids movies should have strong moral messages. I also have no idea what the ultraman movies are about. They are kids movies right?

Ultraman is more TV shows than movie, the movies are usually just additional adventures featuring the TV characters.

They are kids shows, but they started out as almost a Japanese The Twilight Zone, and even the modern toyetic shows still have that DNA in them.

To be clear, most Ultraman series would have absolutely zero problem murdering the poo poo out of that baby chicken.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

baby yoda godzooki is the blueprint.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Invader Zim is the best kids media and the only moral message it has is the world sucks and every adult is a drooling moron.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gripweed posted:

To be clear, most Ultraman series would have absolutely zero problem murdering the poo poo out of that baby chicken.

Well good, hopefully it will teach the this generation of kids not to endanger baby chickens by bring them into fights with monsters. I feel like Pokemon may of sent some mixed messages to previous generations in that regard.

It starting off as a kids twilight zone'esq type thing does actually make it sound a bit more interesting than what little I've seen of it -mostly random posters occasional posted here- made it seem.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

dr_rat posted:

Well good, hopefully it will teach the this generation of kids not to endanger baby chickens by bring them into fights with monsters. I feel like Pokemon may of sent some mixed messages to previous generations in that regard.

It starting off as a kids twilight zone'esq type thing does actually make it sound a bit more interesting than what little I've seen of it -mostly random posters occasional posted here- made it seem.

oh no, not kid's Twilight Zone, the very first series, Ultra Q was just straight standalone sci-fi/horror stories. The second series, Ultraman, was where it started targeting kids. But even then it was more of a family show. And then the third series, Ultraseven, actually pivoted back towards a more serious tone. It wasn't really until the fifth series, Ultraman Ace, when it went all in on being a kid's show first and foremost.

But still, every now and then they do a new Ultra Q series aimed at adults

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3yLajuPhUc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Huh. What an odd series. Well it seems popular enough so I guess they're doing something right. :shrug:

Also anything that brings more twilight zone stuff to the tv is good in my books.