Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
I think people just don't understand the extent to which jiu-jitsu provides you with an advantage over the untrained.

Obviously a 50-year-old Gracie black belt isn't going to stand up to the BJJ world champion, but if you don't think they can absolutely dominate almost everyone they come across, you've never rolled with a black belt.

With that plus his professional tae kwon do fights, how is it remotely controversial that Joe Rogan is a very good fighter compared to the average person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Fame Douglas posted:

I'm going to say that no, a 53 year old podcaster taking steroids isn't going to be in the top 0.005% of any sport.

Where do you train?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My HGH-pumped podcast host's stronger than your HGH-pumped podcast host.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I just wish there was a way to convince Joe vaccinations were an unproven nootropic or supplement so he could wholeheartedly back them.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

I'm going to say that no, a 53 year old podcaster taking steroids isn't going to be in the top 0.005% of any sport.

What are you even loving arguing about anymore?

This all came up because you couldn't see how he's considered fit or healthy for a dude over 50.

That he has black belts in TKD and BJJ isn't conjecture.

He's a 53 year old pot smoking martial artist podcaster who goes to the gym a lot, takes a questionable amount of supplements and who professionally commentates on mma when he's not doing stand up. It's not a stretch to see why idiots listen to him and why it's dumb as hell for him to say people in their early 20s shouldn't get vaccinated.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 30, 2021

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

willie_dee posted:

He has 2 black belts from 2 of the best different bjj schools and has fought professionally and you think hes a faux athlete? I know people who have rolled with him and hes legit.

You are dumb as rocks.

There are 400,000 black belts on the planet, if you are being super generous.

That makes him in the top 0.005% of the people on the planet at bjj. Not only am I confident that if you put him in the ring with anyone in the bottom 99% of people, he would win, Id say easily 99.9% of people.

Its a funny time to be alive when were having arguments about joe rogan, of all things.

I dont particularly care enough to continue, but I had my rant, cheers :tipshat:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Rogan's buddy Bret Weinstein and his self-proclaimed "full TERF" wife are backing up Rogan on his vaccine comments, arguing that there's a "strong scientific case" for young people not being vaccinated. They'll be putting that forth on their popular podcast. Note that while Weinstein's accomplishments include grossly misrepresenting what happened at Evergreen, as well as slandering a Nobel laureate on his brother's podcast to the point that said laureate had to disable their social media, his accomplishments do NOT include any attainments of medical expertise. gently caress all these people.

Zugzwang fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Apr 30, 2021

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Clearly, getting the untested virus with well-known negative side effects is better than the way lower risk vaccine that has been closely monitored and tested.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zugzwang posted:

Rogan's buddy Bret Weinstein and his self-proclaimed "full TERF" wife are backing up Rogan on his vaccine comments, arguing that there's a "strong scientific case" for young people not being vaccinated. They'll be putting that forth on their popular podcast. Note that while Weinstein's accomplishments include grossly misrepresenting what happened at Evergreen, as well as slandering a Nobel laureate on his brother's podcast to the point that said laureate had to disable their social media, his accomplishments do NOT include any attainments of medical expertise. gently caress all these people.

I only heard about his wife through another podcast and holy poo poo is she somehow more obnoxious than him.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Zugzwang posted:

gently caress all these people.

Can we rename this podcast forum to this?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

vote_no posted:

I think people just don't understand the extent to which jiu-jitsu provides you with an advantage over the untrained.

Obviously a 50-year-old Gracie black belt isn't going to stand up to the BJJ world champion, but if you don't think they can absolutely dominate almost everyone they come across, you've never rolled with a black belt.

With that plus his professional tae kwon do fights, how is it remotely controversial that Joe Rogan is a very good fighter compared to the average person?

Mike Tyson is 54 and would wreck any of us in a fight.

He also has dumb opinions and is not a healthy individual.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

twerking on the railroad posted:

Mike Tyson is 54 and would wreck any of us in a fight.

He also has dumb opinions and is not a healthy individual.

Whats to say hes not healthy?

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
He'd gently caress you til you love him

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I could beat up Joe Rogan

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Off, not up. loving autocorrect

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Same, really. And I don't even have that dumb rich man's toy that measures kick strength!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How did he manage to make his new studio look worse than the original twice? He was already rich as gently caress and now he has functionally unlimited money.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
He has bad taste OP

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

whydirt posted:

He has bad taste OP

True and also dumb. Just remake the original studio in Texas he's got the money for it. I've seen Twitch streamers with better looking set ups.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Groovelord Neato posted:

I only heard about his wife through another podcast and holy poo poo is she somehow more obnoxious than him.
Yeah, I Don't Speak German (a good leftist podcast that mostly covers neo-Nazis) recently dedicated two episodes to her. Most of these IDW types are roughly the same age, and I wonder if they all collectively huffed too much leaded gasoline when they were kids or something.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

True and also dumb. Just remake the original studio in Texas he's got the money for it. I've seen Twitch streamers with better looking set ups.
The two things I sorta liked from what was his "classic" studio look were A) The three mugshots of Rosa Parks, Jimi Hendrix and Elvis Presley he had in his back. B) It looks like he had the same insulation that reminds me a lot of Studio A from Steve Albini's Electrical Audio Studio, which is my favorite recording studio in the US.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zugzwang posted:

Yeah, I Don't Speak German (a good leftist podcast that mostly covers neo-Nazis) recently dedicated two episodes to her. Most of these IDW types are roughly the same age, and I wonder if they all collectively huffed too much leaded gasoline when they were kids or something.

https://twitter.com/BretWeinstein/status/1387988785808347137?s=20

It rules how these 40-50 something dorks self radicalize like basement dwelling NEETs

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Oh for gently caress's sake.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/BretWeinstein/status/1387988785808347137?s=20

It rules how these 40-50 something dorks self radicalize like basement dwelling NEETs
It rules how two PhD evolutionary biologists are glossing over the fact that more infections means more chances for the virus to mutate into even more nightmarish variants.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Joe stahp :canada:

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1390098228889128960?s=20

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/06/canada-alberta-pandemic-north-america-coronavirus-covid

Yeah, not like Canada has anything to worry about right now.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
LOL we are in nothing close to a lockdown here and we never have been.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Nowhere in America actually locked down yet the right's been throwing tantrums about "lockdowns" from day one.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Nowhere in America actually locked down yet the right's been throwing tantrums about "lockdowns" from day one.

Gyms being closed equates to a lockdown in Joe's mind.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
How would you define a strong lockdown? There was awhile here in MI where grocery stores, liquor stores, and gas stations were pretty much the only thing open

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Please forgive Joe, all the blows to the head made him forget that it's 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wark Say posted:

Please forgive Joe, all the blows to the head made him forget that it's 2021
He's like Ippo after all the brain damage caught up to him and made him retire.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How would you define a strong lockdown? There was awhile here in MI where grocery stores, liquor stores, and gas stations were pretty much the only thing open

Personally I'd think of a lockdown as what they did in Paris where you could only go 1km away from your apartment and all the things closed except the few that didn't because people need to eat food

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah a lockdown has heavily restricted movement and monitored quarantine for travelers. Even in the most heavily restricted states you could go anywhere and come back and they'd go "uhh pretty please quarantine for two weeks".

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Yes, Joe is so much more free than those of us in Canada. Joe -the guy that if it werent for his wealth would have been raided by the Texas drug enforcement agencies about four seconds after he moved there.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Grouchio posted:

He's like Ippo after all the brain damage caught up to him and made him retire.
Nah, Ippo is a good boy/guy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Never heard of this guy and he sucks enormous rear end

https://twitter.com/pengdangcomedy/status/1392147842731499520?s=20

quote:

In September 2020, it was announced that Hinchcliffe would be relocating to Austin, Texas to join Joe Rogan and Brian Redban.

lol

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've come to understand through the podcast that comedy isn't just telling jokes to make people laugh, but is often times just simply stating the most racist things you can think of and being offended that people might not be interested in hearing that again.

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice

FogHelmut posted:

I've come to understand through the podcast that comedy isn't just telling jokes to make people laugh, but is often times just simply stating the most racist things you can think of and being offended that people might not be interested in hearing that again.

My favorite is the grave seriousness with which they treat the issue of heckling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Civilians just dont understand an intricately polished comedy routine as this.