Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Average Bear posted:

In English it's loving jizz lmao

Lol this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It's epic when my allies won't move from their lands or attempt to get military access. Failed byz runs ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm getting roflstomped by Denmark.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Tip: Take out loans with great power allies. They love to take on your debt for no reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna start over again, third times the charm. I won't let myself fall behind on tech this time and get destroyed at the turn of the 16th century.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AE is off the chain this patch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3rd time was indeed the charm as now I have a fat chunk of land, golden horde doesn't hate me and I have a alliance with denmark and we are carving up northern europe, and im going to quietly chip away at the steppes and siberia until i can form russia in 100 years

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

In Training posted:

3rd time was indeed the charm as now I have a fat chunk of land, golden horde doesn't hate me and I have a alliance with denmark and we are carving up northern europe, and im going to quietly chip away at the steppes and siberia until i can form russia in 100 years

Nice one! I've been thinking about giving Russia a go (although as Novgorod I think) after the patch hit, but for whatever reason I just love playing in SE Asia too much. I might try starting up a new Russian campaign though, when I pick EU4 back up next. (Probably once I finish my current Portugal CK2 run, I guess)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Novgorod can't stay a merchant republic for long and also be Russia though. If you get more than 20 provinces you start losing RT.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Novgorod can't stay a merchant republic for long and also be Russia though. If you get more than 20 provinces you start losing RT.

Here's the catch with it; you can take more than 20 provinces, they just can't be state provinces.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah but do you'll have huge manpower problems. Might be able to fix it with mercenaries if you have enough money but the first 100 years will be quite rough. Unless you conquer Lubeck and move your capital down there or something.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

Goddamn the Wiz is a Huge N****r.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Ottomans turned protective after my first war against the Mamluks where I sniped Alexandria so I let them protectorate me so I don't get raped by the coalition of south africans that was building up. Everyone but me is Sunni so my AE is huge everywhere I go for now. But the AI never seems to release protectorates so now I'm safe to get huge and fight the ottos on my own time, so that's nice.

The Coptic bonuses are cool. The missionary strength one makes early game Ethiopia much less painful.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's something funky with AI and vassals right now btw. Take a look around and you will see some nations with double digit vassals and a dip tech 3 levels lower than military and admin. It's kinda cool but clearly a bug

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

This run has been so lucky lol. France also has an heir of my dynasty. It's been real, europe.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm ashamed that you haven't formed Rome yet

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I'm working on it, I don't even have the last two admin efficiency ideas yet

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's why you take admin ideas.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Are you one of those Byzantium lovers who plays only byz

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a Byzantium lover but I rarely play them because if I'm gonna fight the ottos early on I might as well do it as Ragusa or something

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't think colonizing australia makes you eligible to spawn colonialism :whitewater:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stairmaster posted:

I don't think colonizing australia makes you eligible to spawn colonialism :whitewater:

It doesn't.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Are you one of those Byzantium lovers who plays only byz

I play them every patch release, they were my first nation since eu3

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
tfw you have the chance to pu france but you don't because you need them to form rome...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never played the same country twice

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I personally have a lot of fun seeing what I could improve from last campaign

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

renaissance should be renamed to humanist thought and then have some conditions for it to spawn in muslim countries.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I've never played the same country twice

I always used to play byz and Novgorod when there was a new patch.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So DICKHEAD/hay man gave an insane idea to let the game on observer mode from ck2 old gods to end and import it on 1400s. what stupid poo poo should i play on this mess? Notes: Spain there is a Shia caliphate, Byzantium converted to catholic on the last 200 years and was a gigantic blob that deflated and the arabian empire reconquered south arabia from arabia which hasn't been usurped yet back to abyssinia. Also you can see there are two different mongolias altogether and Scotland is the only nation left that the Aztecs hold.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh poo poo that's a really good idea.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Political

Religious

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Somwhere in Scandinavia looks like a fun start on that map

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

Somwhere in Scandinavia looks like a fun start on that map

Finnish Scandinavia, Teutonics or the two minor Finnish kingdoms?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Play the Teutonics and try to stay papal controller while you perform the reconquista and make a March out of Jeusalem

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I tried to do the import thing again but this time I seeded a few interesting countries with money and interfered on some stuff and tried to see what happened.

Results:

Persian Empire is Zoroastrian and enormous, biggest loving power on the world.

Egypt and Arabia are Yazidi, Andalusia blobbed the gently caress out to France, is Sunni and apparently it has french culture lol.

Lotharingia is Lollard and has horrible borders, Italy is Iconoclast and holds a big rear end part of germany and denmark.

Lithuania reformed Romuva and it's also enormous. Aztecs took most of England and Scandinavia. Mongolia adopted Romuva but has 10% religious unity cause most provinces are tengri/sunni/catholic so they'll disintegrate.

There's a tiny single jewish former khanate that is spread all over between Persia and Mongolia.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 20, 2016

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

So anyone try the new patch?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I'm going to try it when I get home tonight, I like most of the changes on paper so we'll see

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What, the EU4 patch? It's great. Game is the best it's been. I still don't like estates or states but both of those are handled much better than before. New subject attitudes seem to actually work now. The lower tech costs across the board are good because it saves you a lot of MP to dump into your capital and a few other key provinces, which replaces what used to be westernization costs without taking nearly as long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah EU4 is more awesome than ever before, and theres even ways you can see the institution system being even more fleshed out in future updates. Excited about the future of EU