Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Hell yea bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Skunkrocker posted:

Adam blue jeans, no shirt. Jorts.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Adam would wear JNCOs

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Someone needs to be wearing daisy dukes.

Preferably Adam.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
It's sad he's not customizable, because seeing Tommys cinematic with him entering wearing water wings and a life vest would make me happy.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

KOMI posted:

It's sad he's not customizable, because seeing Tommys cinematic with him entering wearing water wings and a life vest would make me happy.

"I'm wearing like a full on shearling coat, aren't you guys a little cold?"

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

KOMI posted:

There's nothing more heroic than safety.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Jenny is my fav but I like Vanessa because I can leave anything in the dust

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

KOMI posted:

Tommy's the lifeguard, obv

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
This game is quickly dying. Decided to play it a few times yesterday after a few weeks off. Had a couple of rounds as Jason, and killed 2/8 and 3/8. Thing is, no one escaped. People either quit when they weren't jason or quit when I started the kill animation.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
"played this game and got full games quickly and easily, game clearly dying" -a serious dude

to be less flippant the next patch is going to punish that sort of early quit behavior by dropping a forced cooldown on searching for a game when you do it (which starts out small but grows if you keep it up)

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
People are waiting for the new update, which will not just include new content but punishments for the mid game quitters. Just chill.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Not to mention "Lameoid quits out because they got caught" has been like day 1 behavior, hell it happens in other games of this type too, baby gets mad when they lose.

lol edit: Speaking of updates, 100MB for something or other right after I posted.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 23, 2017

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I can understand quitting if you die and Tommy Jarvis has already been called and you've unlocked all the relevant poo poo (all Jasons and counselors) and don't need XP at all anymore. But hell, I also stick around if I like a group enough and/or the match is getting interesting, like if it's down to a handful of people vs. Jason and they're evenly matched and fighting to the bitter end.

But some people are just shitheads and don't even wait until the kill ticks, they just leave in Jason's grip and suicide-by-quitting.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I just do something else to kill time. Alt+Tab out and go online, read something, watch a video on my phone, etc. It's not like you're glued to the screen for 20 minutes.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/skunkrocker/status/900179888619094016

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I knew I remembered that font from somewhere. I wasn't sure if I'd seen the Vidmark logo before when you posted that, but I found a video of it and I've definitely heard that music (obviously different than the Gun Media music) before.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
Anyone have an idea when the DLC preorder goes live? I want that 50% off cheapness.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/friday13thgame/status/900094516367171584

Dedicated servers coming to consoles thank God.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

I can't believe this isn't a thing yet.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm generally willing to give Gun some leeway that bigger developers wouldn't get, since they're a small studio running off Kickstarter money on a passion project. It would be one thing if it was EA or Rockstar having these issues, but I understand that Gun simply doesn't have the resources these bigger companies would have.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
True. But then a small development studio shouldn't release their first game to Xbox 1, PS4, and PC simultaneously. Regardless of how it sold, they had to have known they were biting off far more than they could chew in attempting to support three platforms at once.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
So is there definitely something happening tomorrow or was that just the popular theory? Is this gonna be paid DLC?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

So is there definitely something happening tomorrow or was that just the popular theory? Is this gonna be paid DLC?

So far the only thing WE KNOW is going to be paid DLC is the Summer Time clothing

The new maps are going to be free

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Just lol if you're not paying $4 for bikinis and swim trunks.

VV pretty sure the last patch was Tuesday, it's not "new" and there isn't one live now. Unless you're on PS4 or something

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 24, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

New patch is out. Not sure what's in it yet.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Ran into a couple of buddies with the old thick skin perk equipped who wouldn't leave each other's side. They were essentially unkillable. If Jason grabbed them one could free the other. They really need to force an unequip.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You have a melee attack and knives for a reason :v:

But real talk, I don't get the people who mock a Jason for being "a slasher" like that's cheap or something. Melee opens you up for a stun and knives can miss, plus if anyone (on their own) is being especially bold they probably have a pocket knife. Also sticking together is just good, common sense that a lot of people don't seem to follow. Jason has a much harder time killing anybody if they're an organized pro group with full health sprays, pocket knives and stun weapons with weapon durability perks.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its lame when jason only goes for regular melee kills on everybody but theres times where you gotta hack away, like when you stop the car and everyone gets out

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

HORMELCHILI posted:

Its lame when jason only goes for regular melee kills on everybody but theres times where you gotta hack away, like when you stop the car and everyone gets out

Yea, when I run into situations where there's 3 or 4 counselors hanging out together and they clearly just want to beat on me with their superior numbers, that's when I say gently caress it and just swing away. Chaining stuns together on Jason is doable, but it's a dangerous game because even one missed swing can mean the death of a counselor, and just one counselor dead usually mean the whole group falls apart.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
you can call me mother fuckin paul bunyan. I'm swing that ax if a few councilors group up because it becomes like an aoe attack.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

But real talk, I don't get the people who mock a Jason for being "a slasher" like that's cheap or something. Melee opens you up for a stun and knives can miss, plus if anyone (on their own) is being especially bold they probably have a pocket knife. Also sticking together is just good, common sense that a lot of people don't seem to follow. Jason has a much harder time killing anybody if they're an organized pro group with full health sprays, pocket knives and stun weapons with weapon durability perks.

Because there's a healthy segment of this games player base that are just obnoxious poo poo lords who will piss and moan about everything because you aren't playing to their standards (AKA: Basically doing anything as Jason that isn't getting beat up or taken out by Tommy)

I'm hoping the new patch/maps will liven the game up some more, as much as I enjoy playing, it's just getting a bit old to keep doing the same maps over and over.

I've started playing some rounds where, depending on who I spawn in as, I just say gently caress it and cause as much chaos for Jason while also fixing whatever I can find, repair stats be damned. This is how I've managed to get other people out by fixing the two seater without much issue because the 4 seater is a bumblefuck as always or trapped in the woods, or have the cops called because no one else bothered to find the loving fuse box.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

One of the best things you can do is troll Jason by constantly juking him, fixing everything, and then surviving as the only person to not escape. The cries of hacks are glorious.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Now that I have the perk where I start with the map, I typically try to pick out where I think the phone box is most likely to spawn and make a beeline for that area. You can make the call to the cops a surprising percentage of the time if you lone wolf it while the rest of the counselors are distracting Jason with car or boat repairs.

Not when I'm Jason though, nobody calls the cops when I'm Jason. They get out on their own or they don't get out, no cops.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I wasn't Jason. But the issue isn't the "two buddies together" part. The point is that people who never unequipped it can still use the old versions of thick skin. It can take 15 hits or more to slash someone with 40%+ thick skin to death. Thick skin is irrelevant for grab kills, but two people together can negate grab kills, at which point it would half the game to hack someone to death. Longer if they have the health spray perk.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

One of the best things you can do is troll Jason by constantly juking him, fixing everything, and then surviving as the only person to not escape. The cries of hacks are glorious.

I've only ever seen hacking from Jasons, and surprisingly infrequently despite the ready availability of an external trainer that they don't watch or flag for. One guy might not've been hacking, but he did seem to know where everybody was and killed a lot of people quickly by morphing directly near them. The other guy was very blatantly hacking. He could literally teleport onto people's character models, he didn't even loving try to hide it. I was watching on survivor cam and I'd see him appear inside of the counselor and then immediately grab and kill them. And of course to seal the deal he had a screen name which couldn't be found through Steam because he probably changed it through a hack while in-game.

And I've seen more than one Jason who could instantly recover from stuns, he'd go into the stun animation then right back out of it in 5 seconds or less. I'm guessing that's a turbo macro for the use key or something.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

I've only ever seen hacking from Jasons, and surprisingly infrequently despite the ready availability of an external trainer that they don't watch or flag for. One guy might not've been hacking, but he did seem to know where everybody was and killed a lot of people quickly by morphing directly near them. The other guy was very blatantly hacking. He could literally teleport onto people's character models, he didn't even loving try to hide it. I was watching on survivor cam and I'd see him appear inside of the counselor and then immediately grab and kill them. And of course to seal the deal he had a screen name which couldn't be found through Steam because he probably changed it through a hack while in-game.

And I've seen more than one Jason who could instantly recover from stuns, he'd go into the stun animation then right back out of it in 5 seconds or less. I'm guessing that's a turbo macro for the use key or something.

I don't know if this is the case here, but there is a known glitch for when Jason is stunned near something they can interact with. Sometimes if you have to mash the "rise" button near something you can interact with it will skip the recovery animation completely. It mostly happens around cars (e.g., if you get stunned by a car window within range of the grab), but it can also happen if you are near a knife and so on. You still have to mash the button to fill out the bar, but then you skip the animation completely. If it is by the car, not only do you skip the animation of getting up completely, but you also appear immediately standing up with the counselor in your grasp. Not saying that is what happened to you, but I've been accused of hacking because of this glitch before.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

joepinetree posted:

I don't know if this is the case here, but there is a known glitch for when Jason is stunned near something they can interact with. Sometimes if you have to mash the "rise" button near something you can interact with it will skip the recovery animation completely. It mostly happens around cars (e.g., if you get stunned by a car window within range of the grab), but it can also happen if you are near a knife and so on. You still have to mash the button to fill out the bar, but then you skip the animation completely. If it is by the car, not only do you skip the animation of getting up completely, but you also appear immediately standing up with the counselor in your grasp. Not saying that is what happened to you, but I've been accused of hacking because of this glitch before.

Nope, that wasn't it. I've seen somebody do it on the Higgins Haven shack island while two people tried in vain to kill Jason. Jason was un-stunning himself so fast that Tommy was able to knock his mask off in like 4 seconds. Jason would go into the standing stun and then immediately turn back to Tommy and start moving only to get whacked again.

I've seen a Jason do it in a cabin next to nothing a Jason could interact with, and outside in the middle of nowhere with nothing interactive nearby.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Earlier today I was walking by someone starting up their car, and it sounded exactly like the in-game car starting sound. I immediately jerked my head towards it, and I think my right index finger may have involuntarily reached up to hit the bumper so I could morph.

I may be playing this game too much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

Earlier today I was walking by someone starting up their car, and it sounded exactly like the in-game car starting sound. I immediately jerked my head towards it, and I think my right index finger may have involuntarily reached up to hit the bumper so I could morph.

I may be playing this game too much...

Was it a Chevette?

• Locked thread