Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
idk if it was a "good" movie but the art direction was so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Chris Knight posted:

It was better than I remembered. JLo is definitely the weakest part of the whole thing but it's so gorgeous it's easy to forgive the somewhat thin plot.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

I'd call it a good movie, just with a pretty weak story. But honestly the story as weak as it was, did what it needed to do to get the viewer from one gorgeous looking scene to the next.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Conrad_Birdie posted:

You’re all doing a joke from Arrested Development.
They're jumping the shark?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Sirotan posted:

Just watched The Cell for the first time in a long while, then discovered this Japanese poster for it that was illustrated by Eiko Ishioka. I desperately wish I could own a copy but I've only been able to find two auctions over the last 24 years...

Auctions where? EBay? Because Japanese people don’t use eBay.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Tarsem Singh owns. The Fall is impossible to find nowadays but it's a beautiful movie starring Lee Pace, who was so at the peak of his homoerotic demigod status that he had me questioning myself.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Mister Chief posted:

Yes, I'm aware. Yahoo also doesn't store 20+ years of auction history for me to peruse. eMoviePoster has only ever had two copies of this come up for auction, the last time was in 2019.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Lee Pace in The Fall is the sexiest a human being has ever been in any movie, and I say that as a straight man.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Sirotan posted:

Yes, I'm aware. Yahoo also doesn't store 20+ years of auction history for me to peruse. eMoviePoster has only ever had two copies of this come up for auction, the last time was in 2019.

I did a quick google image search in Japanese and could barely find it there so much be pretty rare.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Mister Chief posted:

Yeah, what is the deal with Yahoo Auctions becoming the go-to auction site in asia anyway? How did that happen?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, what is the deal with Yahoo Auctions becoming the go-to auction site in asia anyway? How did that happen?

Because Yahoo Auctions was launched in Japan in 1998 and eBay was launched in 2021.....

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Mister Chief posted:

Because Yahoo Auctions was launched in Japan in 1998

Until recently they even had a baseball stadium named after them.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
Yeah, the continuing prevalence of Yahoo here is always a mild surprise. I even have a yahoo mail address now because I had to get one for my phone provider. I've never used it, but it's there!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Calexio posted:

I've never used it, but it's there!

I know the feeling.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

dr_rat posted:

I'd call it a good movie, just with a pretty weak story. But honestly the story as weak as it was, did what it needed to do to get the viewer from one gorgeous looking scene to the next.

Everyone remembers the horse dissection, but for me it was when the antagonist was sitting on his throne in a room draped with giant red curtains.

Then he stands up and you realise the entire room is his cape. Just gorgeous.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/vancityreynolds/status/1792542832953266626?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Calexio posted:

Yeah, the continuing prevalence of Yahoo here is always a mild surprise. I even have a yahoo mail address now because I had to get one for my phone provider. I've never used it, but it's there!

Yahoo gives you a gajilion GB of data for your email, while Gmail pretty much said I won't receive emails anymore after 15gb because their email storage is shared with Drive and Photos.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

am i allowed to post a poster i purchased itt?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

:justpost:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

They sell posters in here now..?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Only if it's up to the ceiling

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

this is the sort of vintage paper ephemera you could really make fun of a person for

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
That's awesome. I really need to crack into that severin set of those films.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

this is the sort of vintage paper ephemera you could really make fun of a person for

https://youtu.be/xFj2-ZVy1zw?si=2SMnUNqZYcjQ-PRf

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

That's awesome. I really need to crack into that severin set of those films.

:smug:

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Now everyone who visits you home will know exactly how horny you are…

win-win!

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Was that a common form factor for posters back then? It's like the length and width of a wall mirror.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

its called an insert poster and most not all are 14x36

i think i remember seeing them mostly in theatre hallways as a young, seems like they disappeared sometime in the 80s.

The Saucer Hovers fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 23, 2024

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I think I had one of those for Alien 3.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hell yeah

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
roughly the size of an aussie daybill

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol another reboot?!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chris Knight posted:

lol another reboot?!

An adaptation of the original manga. Hopefully one that actually stays true to the Major’s characterization.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

An adaptation of the original manga. Hopefully one that actually stays true to the Major’s characterization.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

lol another reboot?!
we’ll finally get to see the real major kusanagi

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i took too long…….

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
science saru is really good and I'm here for p much anything they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It also doesn't look like Toho is involved so this might have been arranged before the acquisition.

Also yeah, Science Saru is real good even with Yuasa taking a step back for a while.