Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Hackan Slash posted:

This is a dumb question, but what do you think the odds are they'll do something for people who already bought a Xbone?

I bought one last week because I thought "Titanfall is two weeks away, there's no way they'll announce a bundle before then" Stupid me! I can't return it, the restocking fee would wipe out any savings.
It's Microsoft, so at best you'll get lococycle or fighter within? Realistically they'll ignore early adopters.

Shalinor posted:

They will send you a printable birthday cake on your birthday, and hold your birthday greetings hostage until you print, assemble and take a picture of it.
Wonder if they'll change from giving 200 points to $0.25 store credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shalinor posted:

You know a lot of monied nerds. No, this is not average. Yes, most people (including me) are still rocking that HDTV they got back in the 360 era. Mine is creaky (it's a DLP!) at this point, and we'll probably replace it when we move, but why on earth would I ditch it? Runs great, looks great, it's already big enough, already supports up to 1080p, I don't give the tiniest poo poo about 120hz, etc. (EDIT: At this rate, I will completely skip over the 3D TV generation, which is just perfect)

... and drat, that 500gb HDD is looking real drat small now.

Is 3D still a thing they are trying to push? I thought that died again right after motion controls died.

gently caress 3D.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

SparkPeople posted:

He hasn't been banned and he's been on the ball with the majority of his Xbox predictions.

Where the hell are you getting your facts from?

- Yield problems
- Kinectless SKU in March/April
- Pretty much everything about Titanfall
- Party chat
- No PS4 features behind a paywall
- Digital marketplace, although this may have gone with the DRM reversal

The only thing he has sometimes been right about is the resolution of games, which is a no brainer anyway given the hardware differences.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 26, 2014

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hanyolo posted:

- Yield problems

The only thing he has sometimes been right about is the resolution of games, which is a no brainer anyway given the hardware differences.

Not exactly a damning list, especially when piles of bones sitting in stores for months covers for any possible yield problem.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

hanyolo posted:

Not sure the rumor was ever that specific, just "sometime early-ish this year" - I think he even suggested E3 might be the reveal. Can't really call it dead until 2015.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Shalinor posted:

Not sure the rumor was ever that specific, just "sometime early-ish this year" - I think he even suggested E3 might be the reveal. Can't really call it dead until 2015.

MS seems to be pretty dead set in keeping the Kinect:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-25-microsoft-no-plans-to-release-an-xbox-one-without-kinect

If the sales were worse than they are currently though, then yeah it could have definitely been a possibility. I've seen people flogging the Kinect 2 on ebay for $120+ anyway so if you really really want a Kinectless SKU, you're better off selling it :v:

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 26, 2014

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

hanyolo posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-25-microsoft-no-plans-to-release-an-xbox-one-without-kinect

If the sales were worse than they are currently though, then yeah it could have definitely been a possibility.

It would be very hard for them to have worse sales than they do now. They're being outsold 2:1 in their target (only?) market by a console that is out of stock 80% of the time.

Edit: vvvv I'd assume it would be people hacking it up to connect to a PC and do stuff with like they did with the first kinect.

Moongrave fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 26, 2014

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

hanyolo posted:

If the sales were worse than they are currently though, then yeah it could have definitely been a possibility. I've seen people flogging the Kinect 2 on ebay for $120+ anyway so if you really really want a Kinectless SKU, you're better off selling it :v:

Who's buying such a thing? What on earth can you do with an extra kinect 2?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

hanyolo posted:

If the sales were worse than they are currently though, then yeah it could have definitely been a possibility.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Not because I think they're totally going to go Kinectless but because companies saying one thing then doing the other isn't exactly uncommon. Saying anything about a Kinectless SKU right now would mean that a ton of fence-sitters would wait, rather than maybe lean for xbone right now.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

It would be very hard for them to have worse sales than they do now. They're being outsold 2:1 in their target (only?) market by a console that is out of stock 80% of the time.

Source? Last I saw worldwide was 3.2 mill to 5 mill. Are the US numbers more skewed?

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

MJBuddy posted:

Seriously? That's such a pain in the rear end.

The entire snap experience is so awful, especially around game dvr. Who's going to want to fiddle with that garbage in the middle of an FPS firefight? It's like a 5 step process and you're capped at 5 minutes anyway.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

MrBond posted:

Who's buying such a thing? What on earth can you do with an extra kinect 2?

For the eventual PC driver release I would guess, if you can't already use it on PC.

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 26, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hanyolo posted:

Source? Last I saw worldwide was 3.2 mill to 5 mill. Are the US numbers more skewed?

I think hes referring to the January NPD, which had the ps4 selling twice as many as the xbone.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

hanyolo posted:

Watch the major nelson and penello interviews from e3 as they say will not change the DRM thing.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Don Lapre posted:

Watch the major nelson and penello interviews from e3 as they say will not change the DRM thing.

Nah, that was different. Microsoft just wanted to let people know about the Full Xbox One Experience they originally envisioned. They wanted you to know how badly they wanted to screw over customers.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

hanyolo posted:

- Yield problems

I don't think any of the things besides yield were as specific as you're making it out to be. Nevermind that he has a better track record than you think.
You edited in Party Chat.. but the leak was about them having major trouble with it? The thing was broken at release and they're taking until March to fix it. I think that's pretty valid?
Are you going to explain how that 1080p60 Titanfall is going to work? You've not replied to me at all over that bullshit.

hanyolo posted:

The sales are bad enough they're packing in their system-seller and doing a pricedrop. Right now sales worldwide are 3:2 ratio to their main competitor and getting worse. They shipped 3.9M units by the end of December, but still haven't reached that amount sold - let alone additional monthly shipments since then. They've not announced Tier 2 country release dates. Nevermind Tier 3, which includes Poland - where CD Projekt RED [Witcher devs] are located.

hanyolo posted:

Current numbers:
PS4: 5.6Mil as of Japan launch [so accurate to a few days]
Xbone: 3.1~m sold as of end of 2013, 3.9m shipped then. Projections based off of January NPD [US retail sales] and market share puts it around 3.5m.

Of course the US numbers are skewed, it's one of the two countries that Microsoft had a strong hold on. The other being UK. Take sales data there as best-case-scenario.

hanyolo posted:

For the eventual PC driver release I would guess, if you can't already use it on PC.
It has a proprietary connector for the Xbone. You have to pay $400~[?] for a special PC-compatible devkit version.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Finally catching up on a suddenly fast moving thread, the new party fixes look great, it is about time. Also, although I'm not really a streamer, that twich integration looks pretty snazzy. I may give it a try.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Party Chat.. but the leak was about them having major trouble with it? The thing was broken at release and they're taking until March to fix it. I think that's pretty valid?
Are you going to explain how that 1080p60 Titanfall is going to work? You've not replied to me at all over that bullshit.

Yeah sorry for editing it in, I meant it in regards to it being so broken Respawn were making their own Party chat system. No idea how they will get 1080p to work I was just going off rumours as everyone else is regarding the final resolution. Between optimisations from beta to release, the new SDK improvements and the extra GPU allocation from the software update I don't think the resolution will be dropped and it will either stay the same or be increased to however much they can handle be it 900p or 1080p.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

The sales are bad enough they're packing in their system-seller and doing a pricedrop. Right now sales worldwide are 3:2 ratio to their main competitor and getting worse.

Only in Europe, which has always had a free game attached to it afaik? US pricing has remained the same and they're just adding a free game, which I guess they will recoup in XBL subscriptions since it's online only and other attachments. I really don't see the sales getting worse after these major software fixes and a decent amount of games coming out in March/April, but theres no way to tell that until March/April NPD or until the next MS Press release.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

It has a proprietary connector for the Xbone. You have to pay $400~[?] for a special PC-compatible devkit version.

Haha drat didn't know that. I guess the ebay buyers are as stupid as the people still buying Titanfall beta codes :v:

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Feb 26, 2014

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Looks like EA are already having problems on their servers with PvZ, surprise surprise. I guess I'll be holding off on that purchase, hopefully it's not as bad as BF4.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
The Xbox One version definitely isn't running at 60 FPS stable. It has some pretty extreme drops (we're talking 30-40 FPS) whenever you're jumping on roof tops or playing around with Titans. CBOAT was mentioning alpha textures but it makes more sense that he's actually talking about downgraded alpha blending, considering the frame rate tanks to like 30 FPS whenever anything that uses alpha blending.

Also, 1920x1080 @ 60 FPS is never going to happen. Respawn can say what it wants but they're really preaching to the choir here. The best you can expect is maybe 1600x900 if Microsoft's SDK is really that awful. 1920x1080 @ 60 FPS stable is an extremely difficult target to achieve, especially if we consider the CPU and GPU specs and the fact that the beta is running like it is right now.

Yes consoles are closed environments but they are not magic. While the closed nature of consoles means that display drivers don't have the CPU overhead and call limits PC drivers produce, they are still restricted by the hardware itself. The CPU is dreadful and the GPU is not much better.

jeffreyw fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 26, 2014

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

hanyolo posted:

Looks like EA are already having problems on their servers with PvZ, surprise surprise. I guess I'll be holding off on that purchase, hopefully it's not as bad as BF4.

Glad Titanfall is Azure.

SparkPeople
Nov 10, 2012

Crafty posted:

He's going to be banned unless titanfall resorts from it's beta textures back to its alpha textures send drops to 720p from the bets 792. Also he said the party chat was so broken that respawn were forced to make their own version, which is a first for Xbox live. There's a video out today of the new party chat.

So he's pretty much banned. You not see the thread?

I saw the thread but it's dishonest to claim something happened when it hasn't happened yet, no matter how likely it is. Unless the Xbone lets you see the future, let's wait and see what happens in regards to his rumours, and how the neogaf moderators respond.

hanyolo posted:

- Yield problems

Xbox has had low sales, so we haven't seen the whole demand vs. yields problem come up.

quote:

It's february?

quote:

The game hasn't come out yet.

quote:

- Party chat

That's being fixed with the new Xbox update. He also predicted party chat not working before the bone was released.

quote:

Online multiplayer is paywalled.

quote:

DRM reversal skewered the digital marketplace.

I noticed that you went back on all these points you made earlier. Anyway, these are leaks, not solid news reports. They should naturally be taken with a grain of salt, but someone like cboat has more clout than your average random rumour. Not everything negative is made up.

SparkPeople fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 26, 2014

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

ZombieReagan posted:

It's bad enough in the US that you'll never have a problem finding the Xbox One in stock but the PS4 sells out the minute they hit the shelf. It's like the Wii all over again right now.

That's why MS is giving away what should have been their hottest selling title with the console to try to entice people with money to burn and no PS4 to buy to impulse spend on an Xbox One. It will probably give them a short-term boost in sales, but at a heavy loss since EA isn't going to eat the cost of that giveaway for MS. Remember, not only has Microsoft paid for exclusivity for this specific release, but now they're paying for each digital download redeemed from a console purchase as well. Anyone who recently purchased one would also be smart to return theirs and wait to buy it with the Titanfall pack in as well, since many stores will give you 30-60 days to return an item. That's also going to hurt MS, as will people holding off buying one until 3/11 because they know waiting another couple of weeks gets them a free $60 game.

I'd love to be in on the conference calls that have to be going on right now, because this is a huge gamble that is definitely going to lose them more money in the short term, and might not really pay off in any noticeable way in the long term. I doubt the free Titanfall pack-in can last very long without Microsoft getting sick of handing EA $60 for every console sold.

Stores tend to only give 15 days, sometimes with re-stocking fees. Maybe better luck with Amazon than brick and morter.

jeffreyw posted:

The Xbox One version definitely isn't running at 60 FPS stable. It has some pretty extreme drops (we're talking 30-40 FPS) whenever you're jumping on roof tops or playing around with Titans. CBOAT was mentioning alpha textures but it makes more sense that he's actually talking about downgraded alpha blending, considering the frame rate tanks to like 30 FPS whenever anything that uses alpha blending.

The video posted above doesn't show any drops into the 30s though, right? Maybe I missed them. And I thought their point was framerate drops in Titans, not on the ground?

Not going to say I didn't see screen tear, particularly when dropping off the ship at the start of the round, or some massive drops at certain moments, though. Just don't remember any while jumping from buildings or while doing anything fluid, which is when I would expect it to be very noticeable. Only times I noticed anything was during a lot of Titan v Titan combat.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
There's no real significant drops (if at all) when you play it like Call of Duty. The minute there are any significant amounts of alpha blending going on, whether you are on foot or in a Titan, the frame rate is nowhere near 60 FPS.

Edit: Alpha blending is basically explosions, smoke, dust. Basically effects with transparency. When there's a bit of that going on, the frame rate is pretty low at 35-45 FPS. Hence why I think CBOAT's alpha textures is actually referring to alpha blending and he/she/it just got confused when he/she/it heard it from the insider. If they downgrade the alpha blending, 60 FPS is easily achievable even in Titans.

jeffreyw fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 26, 2014

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

hanyolo posted:

Yeah sorry for editing it in, I meant it in regards to it being so broken Respawn were making their own Party chat system. No idea how they will get 1080p to work I was just going off rumours as everyone else is regarding the final resolution. Between optimisations from beta to release, the new SDK improvements and the extra GPU allocation from the software update I don't think the resolution will be dropped and it will either stay the same or be increased to however much they can handle be it 900p or 1080p.
They are already having framerate issues at 792p increasing it will make it worse. GPU Allocation will net a ~9% performance increase, funnily enough that's approximately the difference between 720p and 792p. You're not getting anywhere near 1080p60 in that game without major sacrifices. The "new SDK improvements" is the latest PR tactic - we can't prove or disprove anything about that until it happens. As usual jeffreyw sums it up better.

hanyolo posted:

Only in Europe, which has always had a free game attached to it afaik? US pricing has remained the same and they're just adding a free game, which I guess they will recoup in XBL subscriptions since it's online only and other attachments. I really don't see the sales getting worse after these major software fixes and a decent amount of games coming out in March/April, but theres no way to tell that until March/April NPD or until the next MS Press release.
The pricedrop is in the UK, not Europe. That's the other major territory they held and they're trying to grab as many customers as they can. Retailers here undercut RRP all the time, it was already £30 below the £429 pricepoint [higher than the infamous PS3 release price]. Did you miss the part where I mentioned they've had ~500k units waiting in stock since December? That's without mentioning January/February shipments. There's effective pricedrops through in-store vouchers when you buy the thing. There's places dropping it below RRP in the US to move units.

You keep saying "major software fixes", but that isn't going to help sales. New customers need to see value in the product, all the fixes are doing is satiating the existing customer base. The customer isn't going to care if there's a few less bugs now, they can't see that change.
Things they'll care about :
  • What games are there to play?
  • What's the line-up for the next year?
  • How does it compare to the competitors' machine and line-up?
  • If I buy it what are the chances that a cheaper unit with another pack-in will come out in 3 months?
That last one is crucial. They've already shown they're willing to alienate their existing customers, there's no guarantee it won't happen again.

I count 32 exclusives with a confirmed release date of March/April according to IGN. Titanfall, Kinect Sports Rivals and Child of Light.

MJBuddy posted:

Not going to say I didn't see screen tear, particularly when dropping off the ship at the start of the round, or some massive drops at certain moments, though. Just don't remember any while jumping from buildings or while doing anything fluid, which is when I would expect it to be very noticeable. Only times I noticed anything was during a lot of Titan v Titan combat.
Yeah major framerate loss is caused by lots of smoke during Titan v Titan combat from what I've been hearing. I've yet to hear any arguments on texture improvements that isn't the sharpening filter being removed.

e: Okay Child of Light isn't exclusive. I'm leaving Titanfall there with the usual 360/PC caveat.

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Feb 26, 2014

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SparkPeople posted:

Xbox has had low sales, so we haven't seen the whole demand vs. yields problem come up.

This is just dishonest. It had historically amazing sales in both November and December. That was enough to prove out whether there were any yield issues. Yes, sales dropped off a cliff after that, but it was well after we would have seen supply issues.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

SparkPeople posted:

I am CBOATS number 1 fan

He also predicted that the PS4 would be released in October.

If he was never wrong why would the main mod at neogaf be threatening to ban him? Especially considering he's a massive draw to that site and one of the most talked about things in that whole community. I think it's a case of one bullshit too many, unless you want to indulge some of the hilarious conspiracy theories being bandied about.

Personally I prefer ntkrnl's made up poo poo, it's way more exciting.

Which console games on next gen are solid 60 fps outside of Indies? Maybe Forza? If you have a console you are compromising, if it bothers you that much there's a platform out there where all of your wildest dreams can come true, it's called the personal computer. Unfortunately solid 60 fps are going to be very rare I'd reckon, maybe we will see more devs putting in a 30fps option like in Killzone.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

This is just dishonest. It had historically amazing sales in both November and December. That was enough to prove out whether there were any yield issues. Yes, sales dropped off a cliff after that, but it was well after we would have seen supply issues.

Historically as long as you only count other Xboxes.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Crafty posted:

If he was never wrong why would the main mod at neogaf be threatening to ban him?

Dude you are getting way too invested in this guy who's wrong about some things and right about a lot of very interesting things.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Aphrodite posted:

Historically as long as you only count other Xboxes.

Does this change the fact that he was wrong?

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
He's not getting banned because he's posted incorrect stuff.

He's potentially getting banned by Bishop because:
- He has stated that the final textures are the alpha textures.
- The Beta had upgraded textures.
- He doubled down on it stating that the alpha textures will be the textures used in the final game.

This makes no sense because there is nearly no reason not to keep the upgraded textures. Bishop is frustrated not at the fact that he is occasionally wrong but because stating that the alpha textures will be the final textures is incredibly stupid.

Its like doubling down on your opinion that the world is flat when photos prove that it is actually a three dimensional spherical object. It could happen but its very unlikely.

Crafty posted:

Which console games on next gen are solid 60 fps outside of Indies? Maybe Forza? If you have a console you are compromising, if it bothers you that much there's a platform out there where all of your wildest dreams can come true, it's called the personal computer. Unfortunately solid 60 fps are going to be very rare I'd reckon, maybe we will see more devs putting in a 30fps option like in Killzone.

Basically all Call of Duty games last generation? We don't have a lot of games to choose from and let's be honest, Call of Duty Ghosts and Battlefield 4 aren't exactly the best examples of quality considering Call of Duty Ghosts brings GTX780s to its knees with mere scope zoom and the less aid about Battlefield 4, the better.

It remains to be seen whether or not Metal Gear Solid 5 is a solid 60 FPS but since its Kojima, I suspect it will be. Metal Gear Rising looked like poo poo but it was basically a solid 60 FPS on all platforms because it had to be that way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

Does this change the fact that he was wrong?

The yield issues rumor was before Microsoft reduced their launch tiers and indefinitely delayed launch in some regions.

Can't call that one either way, we don't know their expectations.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 26, 2014

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Can we get a thread title change to NeoGAF Posting/Drama Meta-Discussion tia

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Aphrodite posted:

The yield issues rumor was before Microsoft reduced their launch tiers and indefinitely delayed launch in some regions.

Given how many extra bones are laying around everywhere now, if supply was the issue preventing them from launching in other regions, wouldn't they be speeding up their worldwide launch plans rather than (seemingly) delaying them even more?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

Given how many extra bones are laying around everywhere now, if supply was the issue preventing them from launching in other regions, wouldn't they be speeding up their worldwide launch plans rather than (seemingly) delaying them even more?

Those Bones sitting on shelves are paid for. They're not Microsoft's anymore.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Aphrodite posted:

Those Bones sitting on shelves are paid for. They're not Microsoft's anymore.

I'm making a possibly incorrect assumption that they aren't getting re-orders due to all the extras. Thus, they should now theoretically have a large build up in their supply chain. Sounds logical to me, but I guess I could be wrong about that.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Aphrodite posted:

Can't call that one either way, we don't know their expectations.

They sold 3 million of them and there's still poo poo loads in stores. They manufactured the same amount as Sony did and sold less which is what you see on amazon and when you go into a brick and mortar. So unless you think Sony also had yield problems then I think you're going to have to accept that there were no yield problems.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

I'm making a possibly incorrect assumption that they aren't getting re-orders due to all the extras. Thus, they should now theoretically have a large build up in their supply chain. Sounds logical to me, but I guess I could be wrong about that.

The consoles are different in different regions, so they can't just divert supply.

ZombieReagan is probably right that it's software and not hardware causing the delay though.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

ZombieReagan posted:

You take that back right now mister!

Great game, but its presentation really suffers once you notice that each and every area is basically a giant, empty box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013

Crafty posted:

They sold 3 million of them and there's still poo poo loads in stores. They manufactured the same amount as Sony did and sold less which is what you see on amazon and when you go into a brick and mortar. So unless you think Sony also had yield problems then I think you're going to have to accept that there were no yield problems.

The impressions I'm getting is that Sony is manufacturing more than Microsoft, which explains why there are some Made in Japan versions floating around to meet demand. Sony hardly manufacturers anything in Japan anymore, let alone anything as cost sensitive as the PS4.

Unless Microsoft has around 6 million Xbox Ones floating around (which would suggest a stockpile of 2 million at minimum), they're making less than Sony.

• Locked thread