Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Sonofsilversign posted:

There is one woman in the nxt crowd who marks out like crazy for him...

That was Steph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Me and my crew met Bo at Axcess two years ago and he couldn't have been more nice. Was just thrilled we actually watched NXT and knew who he was.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

Me and my crew met Bo at Axcess two years ago and he couldn't have been more nice. Was just thrilled we actually watched NXT and knew who he was.

There is no part of my brain that can imagine Bo Dallas not in character in real life. None.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I'm pretty sure he didn't have a character then. It was when he was happy go lucky guy who had an armdrag as a finisher and got beaten up by Wade Barrett.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The promo video for Money in the Bank is... uhhh something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAbhdaTxbXk

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Daniel Bryan posted:

The promo video for Money in the Bank is... uhhh something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAbhdaTxbXk

No.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Daniel Bryan posted:

That's not real.

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp

Gonzo McFee posted:

That's not real.

Money Talks

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evG0DpHLJBM

Bo Dallas won me over with the head pat.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!
Bo Dallas needs to come to the ring on a moped.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

TEGGS posted:

Bo Dallas needs to come to the ring on a moped.

Segway.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Yes. For some reason, I keep thinking those are the same thing.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Don't infringe on Simon Dean's gimmick.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Don't infringe on Simon Dean's gimmick.

Benoit clothslining him off it made the thing totally worth it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Daniel Bryan posted:

Is that a rip on those Geico commercials?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Monkeycheese posted:

Bo Dallas makes me want to not watch, not boo. I don't want to see him get beat, I want to not see him.

Wait, are you saying boo or bo?

Also, Gangrel had a weird way of dropping elbows. Its hard to explain, just watch a clip of him and the way he hits elbow drops is just...different.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

oldpainless posted:

Also, Gangrel had a weird way of dropping elbows. Its hard to explain, just watch a clip of him and the way he hits elbow drops is just...different.

Gangrel had a really weird, unique style to lots of common moves. Like, he would jump during irish whips, and it looked rad.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Gangrel dropped his elbows kind of like Great Muta did. It was neat.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Man i don't get how anyone can hate the Bo Dallas gimmick. It's both subtle and over the top. It's fantastic. The way he slightly rubs people the wrong way, and condescendingly talks down to people without realizing it. He plays his part really well. His wrestling isn't amazing but he can do what he needs to do in the ring. When I first saw Bo I honestly thought he was the worst person I have seen in a long time. This gimmick has made me a BOliever though.

Thank you Bosed God

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I would like Bo Dallas if he was good.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bo Dallas is good at his gimmick and I'm happy he's going to be a midcard act now instead of the driving force behind an entire brand.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

HulkaMatt posted:

Bo Dallas is good and I want to be his friend. :)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I'll like NXT a whole lot more now that Bo is gone.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Haha, Bo has had one match and already he's brought about the dreaded X-Pac discussion. "Well people are only Bo-ing him because they want him to leave, and this is different from people Bo-ing him because he's an rear end in a top hat and viewers will run in terror from Bo rather than continuing to watch the show and continue Bo-ing him and"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Viewers Bo-oo'd Kurt Angle at first and everyone said it was because he was getting go away heat.

I'm no fan of Bo but it's early days guys.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I hate Bo Dallas on a personal level because I find it objectionable that he is not at least as good or better than Greatest Wrestler In The World, Daniel Bryan.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Bo Dallas might be the worst wrestler ever to be compared to Kurt Angle.

His character is pretty great though. Just wait until they give him a title.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yeah, comparing Bo to Kurt Angle is a huge disservice to Kurt Angle. Not even in the same sentence.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The Big ValBOski.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HulkaMatt posted:

Yeah, I'm in this camp, and PSP's fascination with him feels like a repeat of the obsession with Ryder a few years ago because of *~*~OH RADIO~*~*. In addition to looking like a complete goober, he's a poo poo wrestler and a poo poo promo. "Bo-lieve" doesn't make up for those gaps.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bo puns are the worst thing to ever happen to wrestling and yes I am counting Benoit in this.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Timby posted:

Yeah, I'm in this camp, and PSP's fascination with him feels like a repeat of the obsession with Ryder a few years ago because of *~*~OH RADIO~*~*. In addition to looking like a complete goober, he's a poo poo wrestler and a poo poo promo. "Bo-lieve" doesn't make up for those gaps.

PSP always gets obsessed with everything when its new. People will get tired of Bo Dallas just like they got tired of The Funkasaurus Brodus Clay. And when they get tired of Adam Rose they'll feel the same way about him too.

Edit: I should correct myself. Part of it is because WWE's only way of getting somebody new over is to drive the good things about them into the ground for 8 months before finally giving them a proper feud. Because you know, people won't like them until they beat JTG about a dozen times.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 25, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Bo puns are the worst thing to ever happen to wrestling and yes I am counting Benoit in this.

If you actually believe this you are a Bo Phallus.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Timby posted:

Bo puns are fun and stupid and if you expect something more than fun and stupid from a soap opera about oily, waxed men rolling around in their underwear in order to win a belt to hold up pants they don't have then you should probably just stop watching major US promotions.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Astro7x posted:

PSP always gets obsessed with everything when its new. People will get tired of Bo Dallas just like they got tired of The Funkasaurus Brodus Clay. And when they get tired of Adam Rose they'll feel the same way about him too.

What about the Shield?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Writer Cath posted:

What about the Shield?

The Shield aren't just a one-note gimmick of the month.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The Shield are the exception that proves the rule.

Plus they're booked competently.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Daniel Bryan posted:

Yeah, comparing Bo to Kurt Angle is a huge disservice to Kurt Angle. Not even in the same sentence.
I think its unfair to Bo because no one can be as good as Kurt Angle in his prime. He's just a mediocre wrestler with a gimmick that some find amusing.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Timby posted:

Yeah, there's a lot about Bo that just seems off. (I'm still convinced he actually let go of the pin before the three count) My overall opinion of him will depend on what they do with him. I'll be laughing for days if he ever pins Cena clean for a championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Zach Ryder actually did a really good job when he was in ECW. He was having good matches every week and honestly wasn't just some guy people liked ironically or anything.

• Locked thread