Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Honky Dong Country posted:

Imagine being British and trying to look down upon literally any other country's cuisine. Just loving LOL.

"oy guvna we got good sausages we do, we do. Bleedin' yanks don't know nothin' about sausages, the uncultured colonials, they are"

*literally thinks a hot dog is what an american considers a sausage*

American BREAKFAST sausages are poo poo tho

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

a hotdog exists independently as a construct from sausage in american english for sure even though like, on a mere philosophical level they are the exact same thing, like here is a good sausage made to be ate, and here is a good sausage made to be sold. it's good versus evil poo poo. you can tell a sinner by how rarely he says frankfurter

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

American sausages are poo poo tho

Dude we basically eat any and all sausages, including various kinds of european sausages. Granted, we don't generally eat sausage made out of loving blood because we have actual meat and enjoy the taste of it without boiling it, but the point still stands.

E: Like I can't even envision what a "British" sausage would be and how it would be any different from the large variety of sausage you can find in America. I get the feeling that the opinion that british people think an American sausage is a hot dog, which even us yanks don't call a sausage. We call it a fuckin' hot dog. We've got german sausage, italian sausage, polish kielbasa, and so on and so on. The variety is endless here. What makes a "British" sausage so amazing or unique beyond something weird like blood sausage?

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 16, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Dude we basically eat any and all sausages, including various kinds of european sausages. Granted, we don't generally eat sausage made out of loving blood because we have actual meat and enjoy the taste of it without boiling it, but the point still stands.

American breakfast sausages suck rear end for sure. I'm just basing it on eating them. We don't boil sausages. Only hotdogs :sun:

I thought you guys had biroldo in San Fran. That's blood right?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

American sausages are poo poo tho

Bullshit. I'm in Wisconsin which is basically Little Germany.

We got some good poo poo.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pennywise the Frown posted:

OK you're right. I should have specifically said breakfast sausages. That's the closest I think to UK sausages.

We get all the euro sausages here, pretty much the only thing you don't get here is Mexican chorizo.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

American breakfast sausages suck rear end for sure. I'm just basing it on eating them. We don't boil sausages. Only hotdogs :sun:

I thought you guys had biroldo in San Fran. That's blood right?

E: Oh I realized you were responding to me joking about you guys boiling meat. My bad.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jun 16, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

If somebody boiled a breakfast sausage for you they are loving retarded.

They didn't man. You said this "enjoy the taste of it without boiling it, but the point still stands." which they don't do here.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

They didn't man. You said this "enjoy the taste of it without boiling it, but the point still stands." which they don't do here.

E: Oh I realized you were responding to me joking about you guys boiling meat. My bad.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Uh oh. Grindcore just opened a can of worms with American sausage.

Now my state is known for sausages (bratwurst specifically), beer, (check our drunk driving stats), and horrible politicians.

He misspoke. Go easy on him fellas.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Explain your teeth Britain

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It's all good man.

UK sausages are closest to what you guys call breakfast sausages. Maybe you guys get some awesome brands or a butcher that makes them super well, or a diner that sells them somewhere but I didn't find any. Butchers here would put boars, or apples, or herbs, onions, all that poo poo into different kinds of them but we'd call them all "sausages".

But non Brit style sausages would be called by whatever specific kind they are (Kielbasa, Bratwurst, etc).

That's all I mean. I had to mentally translate it. I'm only criticising one specific kind there as it's all we'd call "sausages".

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 16, 2017

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
America takes the best things about all the foreign countries and amalgamates them here in one country.

One of the reason britain and other countries are so dumb and bad is because all the good/smart people from there left and became Americans.

Think of a sausage, its usually made out of all the shity parts of meat. But once its mixed together and put in a casing, its great.

Think of a sausage made not from the lovely parts of meat, but from the best parts, think of how good that must be. That's America.

I had a duck confit bratwurst once at a nice restaurant, and it was delicious, and in America.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

hakimashou posted:

One of the reason britain and other countries are so dumb and bad is because all the good/smart people from there left and became Americans.

We certainly have become dumb and bad. When I was growing up and in my 20's these things existed:
- free dental care
- free university
- a ton of Japanese industry that offered training, etc
- tons of apprenticeships
- readily accessible health care
- euro passports
- sausages
Etc

And all that's hosed up now or will be soon. So yea. "progress" has hosed up this country big time.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 16, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

hakimashou posted:

I had a duck confit bratwurst once at a nice restaurant, and it was delicious, and in America.

:stare:

gently caress yea, MURICA.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I hope we cool about sausages. It's bothering me that I criticised something unfairly.

If you guys know of an awesome regional kind of breakfast sausage then please let me know what it is so I can get it in the US.
Cos otherwise I'll miss it.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 16, 2017

Cum Galleon
Oct 16, 2004

Your shipment has arrived.
The only sausages Americans eat are those disgusting briney hot dogs or, for a treat, a cheeky gobble on their father's penis. I've been to America twice and was horrified to discover this taking place in diners up and down the land.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope we cool about sausages. It's bothering me that I criticised something unfairly.

If you guys know of an awesome regional kind of breakfast sausage then please let me know what it is so I can get it in the US.
Cos otherwise I'll miss it.

Andouille Sausage is any meal sort of Sausage, worth a try. Otherwise if you must have a breakfast meat mush sausage visit Cincinnati, the land where the Siegfried was never stabbed in the back and the Kaiser rules foever, and eat some goetta.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Barudak posted:

Andouille Sausage is any meal sort of Sausage, worth a try. Otherwise if you must have a breakfast meat mush sausage visit Cincinnati, the land where the Siegfried was never stabbed in the back and the Kaiser rules foever, and eat some goetta.

Nice. I'll check those out, thank you. I'll be spamming GBS with my next US trip as I'll be tripping balls over how excited I'll be about it.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Cum Galleon posted:

or, for a treat, a cheeky gobble on their father's penis.

Don't you dare poo poo on the national dish

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah, but we dont got bangers.

And bangers are loving amazing. They're proper breakfast sausages.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

hakimashou posted:

America takes the best things about all the foreign countries and amalgamates them here in one country.

Think of a sausage, its usually made out of all the shity parts of meat. But once its mixed together and put in a casing, its great.

Think of a sausage made not from the lovely parts of meat, but from the best parts, think of how good that must be. That's America.

Lol yeah the people nobody wanted in europe were totally too cool for it and didn't just completely fail at making a life for themselves without stealing from natives and exploiting easily available ressources lmao

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Son of Rodney posted:

Lol yeah the people nobody wanted in europe were totally too cool for it and didn't just completely fail at making a life for themselves without stealing from natives and exploiting easily available ressources lmao

he said, his jaw quivering, tears welling up in his eyes.

Yorktown son, what

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Philthy posted:

who wants a banger in the mouth

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Philthy posted:

Yeah, I've only seen them at Irish restaurants here and it's something you probably won't find in a grocery store. Same with black pudding.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Same with pork pies. They're the most amazing thing ever. This country is obsessed with everything pork. Bacon, bacon, bacon right. But no loving pork pies.

What. The. gently caress.

I mean, these things right out of the oven are insanely good. The juice will run down your chin and you'll blow a load before you swallow.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Philthy posted:

Same with pork pies. They're the most amazing thing ever. This country is obsessed with everything pork. Bacon, bacon, bacon right. But no loving pork pies.

I mean, these things right out of the oven are insanely good. The juice will run down your chin and you'll blow a load before you swallow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYOkb7GG8gc

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Philthy posted:

Philthy posted:

Holy gently caress man you know what's up

So they're bangers there. The old timey Brit word. Awesome I'll know what to look for. And Irish restaurants.

Do you guys got dry smoked thick cut back bacon? Please say it's a thing there.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 16, 2017

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Bangers are specifically sausages that have oats in them because traditionally they didn't have enough meat to fill them, and when they are cooked they pop loudly, hence 'bangers'. IIRC.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Bangers and mash.. with a glorious thick, rich gravy, preferably but by no means required, onion gravy. Now we are talking.

What the actual gently caress??????

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

That's just wrong

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Holy gently caress man you know what's up

So they're bangers there. The old timey Brit word. Awesome I'll know what to look for. And Irish restaurants.

Do you guys got dry smoked thick cut back bacon? Please say it's a thing there.

Yeah, the only place I've ever seen them in the states is at an Irish restaurant, and often times they don't have that signature flavor and it's kind of depressing. Some sausage makers will do special runs of bangers and sell them in grocery stores but I haven't seen them anywhere for at least the past five years. I don't know why they're so hard to find because the taste isn't that strong that people would find it offensive.

Pork pies you can only get frozen from a few speciality shops for insane amounts of money. I have never seen them for sale at a restaurant, faire, or anywhere else. It's such a shame because I think everyone in the USA would lose their poo poo if they got to try one and see how amazing they are.

Some places do have thick cut bacon that is baked, yes. But it still has the American super salty bacon flavor. Original Pancake House chain does this. It's as close and you're going to get. OPH is crazy good otherwise, too.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

This is gold. Thanks man.
I think one reason Brit food gets such a bad rap is the quality varies so much. So it's easy to walk in somewhere and think it sucks. But it can be really surprisingly good.

The best place to get those here is at a butchers shop or restaurant. It's not the same at a supermarket.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 16, 2017

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Philthy posted:

Yeah, the only place I've ever seen them in the states is at an Irish restaurant, and often times they don't have that signature flavor and it's kind of depressing. Some sausage makers will do special runs of bangers and sell them in grocery stores but I haven't seen them anywhere for at least the past five years. I don't know why they're so hard to find because the taste isn't that strong that people would find it offensive.

Pork pies you can only get frozen from a few speciality shops for insane amounts of money. I have never seen them for sale at a restaurant, faire, or anywhere else. It's such a shame because I think everyone in the USA would lose their poo poo if they got to try one and see how amazing they are.

Some places do have thick cut bacon that is baked, yes. But it still has the American super salty bacon flavor. Original Pancake House chain does this. It's as close and you're going to get. OPH is crazy good otherwise, too.

Start Philthy's Pie Palace on kickstarter.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I'd back it. There must be a market for it.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

hakimashou posted:

actually america is a shithole full of religious nutjobs because a bunch of religious nutjobs went there in the past like some distant ancestor I had who went over there because his religious convictions said monarchy was wrong but slavery was cool and good

the criminals all went to Australia and got the good bits of our culture like a sense of humour and alcoholism

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

rip kimbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

That's a motherfucking jacked kangaroo

• Locked thread