Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Btw
thats got to be the
what
5th avatar change by now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Well, that's an ending I definitely didn't get when I played this. And I'm absolutely sure I don't want to get it.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Well, that's an ending I definitely didn't get when I played this. And I'm absolutely sure I don't want to get it.

That ending is actually kind of a pain in the rear end to do because you need to systematically murder EVERY single machine in the entire village, including all the weird raised platforms and over where Jean-Paul was hanging out and on the ground. Also, the machines will briefly turn invincible if not one-shot while screaming for you to stop and not murder them. You've really got to work on being a genocidal piece of poo poo. :v:

v Everyone just respawns if you go a tiny bit outside the village without triggering the ending. This is true of all friendly machines.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 27, 2017

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

The Dark Id posted:

That ending is actually kind of a pain in the rear end to do because you need to systematically murder EVERY single machine in the entire village, including all the weird raised platforms and over where Jean-Paul was hanging out and on the ground. Also, the machines will briefly turn invincible if not one-shot while screaming for you to stop and not murder them. You've really got to work on being a genocidal piece of poo poo. :v:

Wait, if the ending doesn't pop till you kill everyone but you still kill Pascal then how the hell do you even progress? Are you just locked in at that point?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Wait, if the ending doesn't pop till you kill everyone but you still kill Pascal then how the hell do you even progress? Are you just locked in at that point?
Pascal respawns.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way if you turn down the machines invitation to the village I think he just stays there and you can't progress the story until you go with him.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Does Pascal say anything if you kill him and then he respawns? I've got this mental image of all these peaceful village machines reassembling themselves and just waiting out the android's until they get tired enough to talk.

The Dark Id posted:

The approach to Pascal’s Village is large uneventful.

Absum
May 28, 2013

What happens when you decline to follow is 9S says the line about how it might be a good idea to follow (IIRC he always says that?) and then you murder the robot over and over and over until you get the achievement for killing lots of friendlies and give up.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Epicmissingno posted:

Huh, I thought it was only Speed Star that was rolling around at the speed of sound.

Sometimes you just have to live and learn or you may never find your way.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

They had Adam and Eve eating an apple while wearing underpants. It's so over the top it's absolutely hilarious.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

From the cosplay thread:

I really hope that's a joke and not spoilers, but I can't be sure.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
Pretty sure that's just a 2B lead pencil joke.

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

ultrafilter posted:

From the cosplay thread:

I really hope that's a joke and not spoilers, but I can't be sure.

Yep, the big 3rd act reveal is that 2B has actually been a pencil the whole time. Way to ruin it for everyone.

Pyre of Word Salsa
Apr 25, 2017

I pray for a color palette that will not come.
If 2B is a pencil, does that mean 9S is that crappy eraser that smudges everything?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
9S is a mechanical pencil. Super modern and advanced but the lead keeps snapping loving puny piece of poo poo goddamn it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

So A2 is a ballpoint pen?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Asymmetrikon posted:

Pretty sure that's just a 2B lead pencil joke.

Obviously this game is a collaboration between Yoko Taro and David Lynch.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Kavak posted:

Charcoal stick. Blunt but effective.

Cuveball Sliders
Oct 9, 2007
can you hack Pascal? Does he just explode or can you control him?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Kavak posted:

A2 is actually paper.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm still mourning the loss of Party Tank. Why, 9S? Why?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Omobono posted:

They had Adam and Eve eating an apple while wearing underpants. It's so over the top it's absolutely hilarious.

Adam found a copy of the Bible and just finished reading the first chapter.

He took from it that "Adam" and "Eve" are good names, that you should cover your crotch, and that apples make you smart

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The Vosgian Beast posted:

He took from it that "Adam" and "Eve" are good names, that you should cover your crotch, and that apples make you smart

Command help us all when he gets to Leviticus.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Adam is the kind of guy who's caught up in cargo-cult intelligence. He thinks that if he just looks smart enough then he'll be smart and everyone will think he's smart. Eve is smarter than he is, and Eve is an affable moron. If he'd had any longer to research human fashion, he'd have found the fedora and we'd never hear the end of it.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
I accidentally murdered one of the village bots and promptly reloaded my save since I thought I ruined something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its their fault for having the controls for interact and brutally murder be so close to one another

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Ratoslov posted:

Adam is the kind of guy who's caught up in cargo-cult intelligence. He thinks that if he just looks smart enough then he'll be smart and everyone will think he's smart. Eve is smarter than he is, and Eve is an affable moron. If he'd had any longer to research human fashion, he'd have found the fedora and we'd never hear the end of it.
Eve just wants to play with his brother. He doesn't care about the war, or androids, or clothes, or any of that stupid bullshit. If Adam wasn't pushing them both along he'd probably be content to just play kickball with a dead machine head back in the desert.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its their fault for having the controls for interact and brutally murder be so close to one another
I have the same problem in real life :(

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Genocide and discussions of the necessity of underwear. This is a very Darkengard update.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Eve just wants to play with his brother. He doesn't care about the war, or androids, or clothes, or any of that stupid bullshit. If Adam wasn't pushing them both along he'd probably be content to just play kickball with a dead machine head back in the desert.

I"m not going to lie, I kind of adore this bit for Eve acting like the stereotypical annoying younger brother. Adam's all up and getting "religious" while Eve's pestering him about robot kickball. It's kind of great.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Dr. Snark posted:

I"m not going to lie, I kind of adore this bit for Eve acting like the stereotypical annoying younger brother. Adam's all up and getting "religious" while Eve's pestering him about robot kickball. It's kind of great.

Yeah, I didn't care for Eve at all until about now in my playthrough. He's a good boy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

From the Cosplay thread:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
So if Adam and Eve are halves of the machine network, is Eve why the Amusement Park machines are constantly partying? All he wants to do is play, after all.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
The first time I got to the Machine Village when I played this game, I figured I'd get an ending if I went ahead and murdered everyone, so I decided to do it before I inevitably got attached to all those sweet boys.

Between 2B being like level 12 and the machines getting tons of invincibility frames when they beg for their lives, it took forever and was an absolutely miserable accomplishment that I deserved to feel bad for. A lot like a redux version of Undertale's genocide ending, actually.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

iospace posted:

From the Cosplay thread:

Beautiful.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

i am tim! posted:

So if Adam and Eve are halves of the machine network, is Eve why the Amusement Park machines are constantly partying? All he wants to do is play, after all.

They're more like system admins, but I thought the Amusement Park machines were also off the network.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

golden bubble posted:

They're more like system admins, but I thought the Amusement Park machines were also off the network.

Yeah pretty sure they are off the network. Though i dont think they ever make it clear if they are. The tribal machines spawned adam and eve so they might not be off the network? Who knows really.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

golden bubble posted:

Nope. The amusement park machines are on the network except for Simone.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Iretep posted:

Yeah pretty sure they are off the network. Though i dont think they ever make it clear if they are. The tribal machines spawned adam and eve so they might not be off the network? Who knows really.

I believe they are on the Network. When asked about machines off the network, Pascal only mentions the Forest Kingdom and Simone, and he doesn't even sound sure about Simone. I can't imagine why he'd mention her specifically (and even be uncertain about it) unless he believes they're all logged in.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The amusement park machines are just imitating humans, like the cowboy machines in the desert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

RatHat posted:

The amusement park machines are just imitating humans, like the cowboy machines in the desert.

So if we have clown machines, zombie machines and cowboy machines, when will 2B and 9S face off against ninja machines and pirate machines?

• Locked thread