Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

evilbastard posted:

Why does he change from Race Control 1 to the Safety Car at 1 min 16 ?

Was this live or a pre-recorded free political ad and they screwed up the editing ?

Producers (or whoever they are) cutting to the wrong car is a normal part of TV coverage of motor racing. You can see at 0:22 that both cars are on track near each other at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"c-aus-sack" was right there, come on

Has anyone successfully linked their vac certificate with the mySA Gov app? I tried but firefox on android just opens up a page for the app, not the app itself.

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

MysticalMachineGun posted:

"c-aus-sack" was right there, come on

Has anyone successfully linked their vac certificate with the mySA Gov app? I tried but firefox on android just opens up a page for the app, not the app itself.

Settings > Apps > mySA GOV > Open by default > Add link

Android 12 reset a bunch of these for some reason.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

these guys are all laughing at him

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

evilbastard posted:

Why does he change from Race Control 1 to the Safety Car at 1 min 16 ?

Was this live or a pre-recorded free political ad and they screwed up the editing ?

He poo poo himself again

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

bowmore posted:

He poo poo himself again

"Depend" Safety Car

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Is it true he got booed at Bathurst or is that wishful thinking from the Twitter drips?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

freebooter posted:

Is it true he got booed at Bathurst or is that wishful thinking from the Twitter drips?

There was a passing reference to it in an article I saw but the source was a tweet from some ALP blue tick so I'm going to say it's bullshit

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

There was a passing reference to it in an article I saw but the source was a tweet from some ALP blue tick so I'm going to say it's bullshit

Incorrect

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/sports/bathurst-1000-scott-morrison-prime-minister-mount-panorama-stunt-criticised-235223763.html

AAP IS reporting he got booed when he said HOW GOOD IS BATHURST.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

Scott Morrison backs Gladys Berejiklian to run for federal seat of Warringah despite Icac cloud

Just a turd that will not flush.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Win back a seat that’s been liberal basically forever at the cost of pissing off the entire rest of the country, good poo poo

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Interesting story on this character:

https://thetransparencyreport.wordp...nce-operations/

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

you need less internet brainworms.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Animal Friend posted:

you need less internet brainworms.

Not sure what you mean

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-15/four-corners-putin-russia-influence/13139628?nw=0&r=HtmlFragment

quote:

In 2018, Mr Boikov was referring to Australia when he told a Russian media outlet that “we have a unique opportunity to support Russia from within an enemy state”.

He said Cossacks in Australia could “pursue a pro-Russian position, lobby politicians and members of parliament, oppose anyone who lies about Russia, attacks Russia or imposes sanctions. Basically, they can wage an information war.”

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

ok so between Cossacks and Q, who do you think has the most influence in Parliament?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Seriously though, take a break from this stuff.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Animal Friend posted:

Can we just do this? Tell people to take a break from posting on the internet?

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Hobo Erotica doesn't need to stop posting but they need to mentally divest themselves from wheels within wheels conspiracy posting.

They'll feel better for it.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Animal Friend posted:

ok so between Cossacks and Q, who do you think has the most influence in Parliament?

Explain your previous post. Without using a strawman.

Animal Friend posted:

you do you

https://twitter.com/MikeCarlton01/status/1462205437793554434?s=20

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Explain your previous post. Without using a strawman.

you do you

https://twitter.com/MikeCarlton01/status/1462205437793554434?s=20

Ok. That Four Corners story was sloppy expository journalism because it was reporting the claims of fringe extremists at face value for cheap shock value.

Do you really think "Australian Cossacks" are an influential group in Australia? Do you really think they have wide-spread support or are an effective political entity?

Also come on. We know that Q and other SovCit factions are a thing in Australia. But they are an extreme minority radicalised by boring socio-economic means. Pretending that there's some pure truth behind all these conspiracies that will lift the veil from their eyes is buying into the bullshit.

I actually enjoyed one of your early articles about the effectiveness and origins of Q. It was long-winded but made sense by the end.

But you're not going to solve anything by digging into all these theories and reading all these long-winded articles on fringe threats to Australian democracy. Its not an issue that can be solved by posting, either on forums like this or on websites like medium.

Take a few months off and you'll see that even if the protests of these groups grow or shrink, the status quo won't change. Remember when the truckies were going to kill supply lines and parliament was going to be stormed earlier this year?

You seem well intentioned but just internet poisoned. I get being concerned about these things but following them closely is just a really dumb and niche version of doom scrolling. Take a break and focus on issues you can actually solve, since you clearly have drive and energy and are willing to engage people.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If you want to take over Australia you don't need to insert a fifth column, you just need to show up to politicians with moderately sized sacks of cash and snap your fingers expectantly.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Someone posted a picture of the Cossack alongside the leader of a new political party funded by a coal baron. He is in fact a prominent figure in the movement. All I did was share information on his background. He is aligned with Jim Saleam and the National Golden Dawn. This thread used to be actively anti-fascist. Or maybe that was more the LF embassy. But you immediately called it brain worms.

He does not exist alone or in a vacuum. Politics is being influenced in ways I think you underestimate.

When I see a decentralised transnational network of theocratic fascists manipulating people into supporting their agenda by weaponising digital disinformation to exploit people's dissatisfaction with the pandemic (and concerns about "saving the children"), without any meaningful response, I'm going to call it out. Journalism is actually an important tool. I have provided major outlets with material which has formed some cracks. I got one of the leaders of the anti-lockdown movement to blow the whistle on the far-right organisers involved. But the idea that this is all just an extension of an internet prank that spiralled out of control has a tremendous amount of inertia which has been very difficult to counteract, and is not helped when simply pointing out someone's history gets dismissed as "wheels within wheels conspiracy posting".

In any case I have taken a few months off. I'm glad you enjoyed one of the earlier articles. I wrote a few that looked at different parts from different angles, then came back about a week ago and wrote one that tied it all together. It's the culmination of the whole thing and is arguably a world first, and has been well received, hopefully you might enjoy that too, would certainly be interested in your thoughts. It might get turned into a doco of some kind, otherwise yes I can step back again.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If you want to take over Australia you don't need to insert a fifth column, you just need to show up to politicians with moderately sized sacks of cash and snap your fingers expectantly.

Campaign finance laws can actually make this tricky. But You don't need to show up with stacks of cash, you can just start telegram channels with names like "FREEDOM RISING AUSTRALIA" or whatever and pump thousands of people with any propaganda you like. Or both of course, they're not limited to one or the other.

\/\/ Edited because man that is really not the point.

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 6, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The gently caress do you think campaign finance laws matter?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Animal Friend posted:

The prime minister is a Q, so I say Q.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I appreciate the reading up on fringe elements because the upcoming federal election will be decided by how they behave and if they centralise behind a singular party.

This is why UAP is pivoting to anti vax, to chase these people and build an actual base that isn't comprised of bribed Queensland mining magnate staffers.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Anidav posted:

I appreciate the reading up on fringe elements because the upcoming federal election will be decided by how they behave and if they centralise behind a singular party.

Why expect their preferences to flow anywhere but LNP?

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

Animal Friend posted:

Do you really think "Australian Cossacks" are an influential group in Australia? Do you really think they have wide-spread support or are an effective political entity?
i choose to believe it

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

the cossacks were the ones who carried out the pogroms. they were instructed from above, but they were the ones who did the killing. they are their own culture with a very long history, but most recently they are renowned for storming into jewish settlements and murdering everybody, forcing a huge exodus of jewish refugees from the russian territories. it is probably not a good thing that somebody has had the idea of digging up that very recent genocidal history and promoting a person who glorifies it alongside the nazis and qs and clives

lol though because this will piss off matty guy

an egg fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 7, 2021

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

starkebn posted:

Why expect their preferences to flow anywhere but LNP?

You get that this in itself is significant and can potentially change the future of Australia, right? If they suppress enough of the ALP vote in the right electorates, they can absolutely swing the election. And even just having all that kind of content being thrown around makes a difference too.

https://twitter.com/QuentinDempster/status/1435521785357684745?s=20

Anidav posted:

This is why UAP is pivoting to anti vax, to chase these people and build an actual base that isn't comprised of bribed Queensland mining magnate staffers.

Since you specifically asked hopefully I won't get probated for this, it's long but it gets to exactly that at at the end, including Riccardo Bosi:

https://twitter.com/1wheelonlyx/status/1466026566157144070?s=20

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 7, 2021

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

try to always keep in mind that the fascists are at the stage now where they've consolidated their base, now they are organising the forces they will need to mobilise when they make the move from rhetoric to outright violence. everything you see at the "freedom" rallies is a strategic step in that direction.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Loving how all the dumb Scozzy comments are doing exactly what he intends, getting the media to distract from the last dumb comment he made and get people speaking about him. When will they stop playing the dumb games and ignore half the poo poo he says?

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

victoria has a far bigger pan-russian population than nsw. it makes things much more exciting and openly, proudly criminal

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Night Shade posted:

Settings > Apps > mySA GOV > Open by default > Add link

Android 12 reset a bunch of these for some reason.

Great, thanks! Had to switch over to Chrome ( :tinfoil: Google are making Firefox not work on Android) but got it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

an egg posted:

victoria has a far bigger pan-russian population than nsw. it makes things much more exciting and openly, proudly criminal

I wouldn't lump Ukrainians in with Russians, they really won't appreciate that for the most part.

In Eastern Ukraine there's a lot of pro-Russian feeling but the Australian communities in SA and Vic are now a generation or two removed and they still think the Russians should gently caress off.

(Source: my wife's Ukrainian)

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I wouldn't lump Ukrainians in with Russians, they really won't appreciate that for the most part.
that's why i did it :unsmigghh:

quote:

(Source: my wife's Ukrainian)
oh poo poo sorry

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

forgive me for lecturing on the cossacks. i've come to realise most people in this country don't know what a cossack is, and if they do know them it's only from this painting

thatbastardken posted:

these guys are all laughing at him
which is, to be fair, one of the greatest paintings of all time

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That painting does rule

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I thought Cossacks were cavalry units.

an egg
Nov 17, 2021

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I thought Cossacks were cavalry units.
they've done a lot of things, they're a busy people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Bucky Fullminster posted:

You get that this in itself is significant and can potentially change the future of Australia, right? If they suppress enough of the ALP vote in the right electorates, they can absolutely swing the election. And even just having all that kind of content being thrown around makes a difference too.

I was trying to imply that they're not going to be any different than people voting for other crank groups. They all flow towards LNP. People voting for Cossacks would have just voted for some other gently caress wit anyway.