Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Niacin posted:

PTN, could you work out whether the Huntsman is still standing or not?

Forgot to roll it, so you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

TildeATH posted:

It's still okay to pile on Zaodai, though.

You fools dare start a flame war with a son of Capella? I'll reduce all your non-combatants to ash! Then promptly get wrecked by the first military unit that shows up. :saddowns:

Also, I love that the Grand Dragon has managed to scavenge a Clan PPC but is also using super soakers. That should work out poorly for anybody who happens to be on foot in this weather.

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012
pouncer
So what's the best way to have my elementals deal with that new Corona point?

My plans are to do that, and to move to kick the Gargoyle, to bad I need one more move to get behind him for Justice Foot.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

Also, I love that the Grand Dragon has managed to scavenge a Clan PPC but is also using super soakers. That should work out poorly for anybody who happens to be on foot in this weather.

Shoot them at `Mechs.

No, seriously.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
PTN, I noticed the Summoner Prime appears to have jumped, but it started the round prone. It shouldn't be able to jump. It also has a damaged gyro, so needs a pilot check to remain standing if it runs or jumps.

The Wolf Spider D doesn't have a movement listed, but if it walks 7 or less, it too needs a pilot check to stay standing because of that gyro hit.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
I had a "spray the ground, MASC charge them, then watch them zip into the chasm with the forced movement skidding rules" thing in mind, but that's fun, too.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Remmon posted:

PTN, I noticed the Summoner Prime appears to have jumped, but it started the round prone. It shouldn't be able to jump. It also has a damaged gyro, so needs a pilot check to remain standing if it runs or jumps.

Whoops.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Shoot them at `Mechs.

No, seriously.

It's not like ice alone has killed 2 Clan Mechs already.

Do kills caused by snap-freezing or puddles the clanners slip in count for the players or the glacier? :allears:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Ouch, my hip. At least I should be in a position to swat the Fire Moth.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I was envisioning them creating ice patches in front of onrushing light mechs, and then suddenly Goons are losing to the glacier in kills again.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Night10194 posted:

Do kills caused by snap-freezing or puddles the clanners slip in count for the players or the glacier? :allears:
For Rasalhague!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

terrenblade posted:

pouncer

My plans are to do that, and to move to kick the Gargoyle, to bad I need one more move to get behind him for Justice Foot.

Standing back and watching them glow in cleansing plasma fire from the Nova ~~

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Shoot them at `Mechs.

No, seriously.

Oh my god

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Alright, easy orders for me. Limping south a bit and putting holes in the Fire Moth.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
What will the Liquid Guns do, mechanics-wise?

Besides give the opportunity for all the ice puns. I'm talking Schwarzenegger-playing-Mister-Freeze level ice puns here.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
The thing water always does to exposed mech internals. Destroy them utterly.

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
When it's cold enough that the water will probably freeze on contact with the ground or exposed metal/ceramic components? My guess is on 'freeze solid' followed by either loving up actuators because they're now frozen solid or loving up mechs because the ground they were running on suddenly turned to slippery ice.

Either case has the potential for hilarity.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I hope the Vipers get in contact with and ally with the Rasalhague insurgency to gently caress up Widowmakers after this.

Seeing as how the Widowmakers decided to go full Smoke Jaguars on civilians.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Smoke Jaguars did nothing wrong.

Seriously they gave something like a week's warning to cut it out or we're nuking Edo from orbit, and the Yakuza kept rebelling anyway. They gave plenty of time for people to leave, it's not their fault no one took them seriously.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

terrenblade posted:

pouncer

Hit it with your APGRs and SRMs. Coronas have poo poo-tons of firepower (7 damage per trooper at 12 range with pulse bonuses) but have very fragile armor and no mobility. Note that Coronas are Assault BA and therefore cannot make leg or swarm attacks. If you have to sit your mech on top of them to get a good shot on an enemy, it is relatively safe to do so.

You'll want to fire your SRMs anyways-if your BAs are dying with unfired missiles that's a tragedy.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Podima posted:

IMO, slanting a game's mechanics slightly in favor of offense versus defense makes for more interesting gameplay. It's part of how simple things like who wins on ties for opposed rolls (attackers should) make a meaningful difference in the flow of the game.

This is one of the reasons I despise the Joust mechanic in Hearthstone.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Smoke Jaguars did nothing wrong.

Seriously they gave something like a week's warning to cut it out or we're nuking Edo from orbit, and the Yakuza kept rebelling anyway. They gave plenty of time for people to leave, it's not their fault no one took them seriously.

Their brilliant strategy worked out super well for them in the end, didn't it.

War Criming your populace works okay when they are your populace. If you beat your own kids, plenty of people will look the other way. If you just walk out in public and start beating random children, you're probably going to get curb stomped sooner rather than later. It doesn't matter if you say "Hey, if you're still here in 5 minutes I'm going to start throwing haymakers in this McDonald's playplace."

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Some of the Smoke Jaguars' reputation is deserved, but the only crime they committed was pissing off Theodore Kurita.

I mean, that's still a guaranteed death sentence, you do not gently caress with House Kurita. But their reputation for being dumb idiots is as exaggerated as the Capellan Confederation's.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Here are my order for next round:

Nova G

Active Necrosia. Run to hex 1931, turn to face hex 1831, fire 3 iHMLL at Crimson Langur Prime (1830) and Fire Plasma Cannon at Corona (1736), then kick Crimson Langur Prime. :catdrugs:

Thoughts?

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 22, 2016

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Orders for the Grand Dragon are as follows Run to 1804 and shoot everything at the summoner prime

unless someone has a better idea

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Hey man don't listen to those clanners, you're the last hope of Free Rasalhague. You gotta kill all of them.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Alright, going to play it safe and wait for those new lights to come to me instead. Feel free to nuke the Fire Moth and Fire Falcon.

Dropping into my little ravine at 1404 again and ending the Phantom.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

e: Unnecessary

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 22, 2016

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Bloody Pom posted:

Feel free to nuke the Fire Falcon.

With pleasure.

Probably slightly too much pleasure.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
On a broader level, it looks like the fight down south is getting pretty conclusive in the player's favor and the enemies in the middle are peeling north to meet up with their reinforcements and really put the pressure on our own northern contingent. The southern fight isn't over and I'm not sure that having anyone split off in the middle of it would be better than just leveraging your advantage as hard as possible to minimize how long the enemies live to return fire, but definitely start making plans for the transition in the very near future.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

How much humiliation is a free Rasalhague worth, anyway?

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Yeah, I saw that and all I could think was "Good luck with that, buddy."

I don't know. With the way Goonstar is wrecking the Widowmaker's poo poo, combined with the fact that they have no real interesting in capturing the planet and only want to make Widowmakers cry like a bitch, there might not much much opposition to /stop/ them from liberating the world.

Also, might as well leave the Hellbringer Prime refit alone from this point on. It's completely weaponless at this point, and is only one engine hit away from death. Plus it has an officer aboard, so if it survives, it should could towards the 'Leave one enemy alive, bonus if it's an officer' requirement for another juicy 10% humiliation.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Dec 22, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

raverrn posted:

How much humiliation is a free Rasalhague worth, anyway?

110% to Clan Widowmaker, 63% to House Kurita

Remmon
Dec 9, 2011
Centurium, I plan to go to 1306 and lay into the Hunchback. If you're willing to support me in this I think we can pretty reliably wreck it this turn despite the only moderate to-hits. I'll be either both of my Improved Heavy large Lasers and the Gauss rifle at the Hunchie on 8s if you're willing.

Otherwise, I'll be firing 1 improved Heavy large Laser, the gauss rifle and my plasma cannon in the hopes that it fires everything and the plasma cannon causes it to overheat enough to slow it down, making it easier to handle next turn.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
I have been loving the sheer scale of carnage in this mission. I mean, holy poo poo.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!
Timberwolf will probably move to 1033 (or as close as possible) and shoot the Crimson Langur Prime with...stuff.

I'm worried about the boys in the north, but also can't help but wonder if we'll be facing reinforcements down south too. Also, wasn't quite expecting that, but anyone who's first reaction to a Timberwolf isn't "I want one" deserves what they get. Accept no similar tonnage substitutes. :colbert:

Niacin
Mar 8, 2005
not so much
For the Huntsman, I'm thinking jump to 2332ish and shoot up the Mad Dog Prime in 2433, which would neatly close up the southern theatre and let us start moving north to meet the new neighbors.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Niacin posted:

For the Huntsman, I'm thinking jump to 2332ish and shoot up the Mad Dog Prime in 2433, which would neatly close up the southern theatre and let us start moving north to meet the new neighbors.

It is covered with friendly elementals who will be VERY CROSS with you if you blow them apart!

(I'd suggest trying to get some large pulses on that crimson langur, or flamer on the Coronas)

e: Just don't show your back to the Mad Dog prime again, it may be half dead but it's still got an LRM 20 and you have zero capacity to eat more crits

Gwaihir fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Dec 22, 2016

Niacin
Mar 8, 2005
not so much

Gwaihir posted:

e: Just don't show your back to the Mad Dog prime again, it may be half dead but it's still got an LRM 20 and you have zero capacity to eat more crits

Okay, fine, I won't shoot the friendlies. Boring!

New plan: 1431 and shoot the Langur a bit, then move north.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
You could go for backshots on it too, and return it's favor from last turn: somewhere like 2131 maybe. Even with the jumping, engine crit, and current overheating you have enough sinks to fire two HMLs and a LPL, and all 3 of those can core through it's rear armor.

The moving north bit is a good plan though, lots of you guys in the south have weapons with long enough ranges to help out the northern folks before getting across the ravine.

• Locked thread