Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tears In A Vial posted:

So I'm almost all caught up with The Adventure Zone. I've listened to all the arcs, and I'm going back and picking up the random 'one-shot' eps that I skipped so I didn't lose track. The live shows, the bonus episodes, that sort of thing... (The wrestling one was amazing)

I've just noticed that the most recent Flop House version of TAZ is three-and-a-half hours long and I'm not sure I can handle it. I struggled through the first one where 'Scales' kept singing 'Blue' by Eifel 65 for 90minutes, I honestly don't think I can deal with that for three hours.

Is the episode good at all? Will I miss anything by just hitting 'Mark as read' and pretending it never happened?

No shade or nothing, I get that the Flop House has an audience... it's just not me.

I dropped the first one as well because of that guy and refuse to give it a chance because he was horrifically unfunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Every time someone new complains about Elliot in this thread my heart grows.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Well that's pretty conclusive.

Cheers guys. Marked as read and skipped.

Next up, MaxFunCon East live show, then I think I'm up to date.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Scudworth posted:

Every time someone new complains about Elliot in this thread my heart grows.

oh, so this is john hodgman's account

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I assume this has been brought up in the thread before, but youtube just recommended it to me and it looked so out of place I had to click on it. Who could have guessed what the future had in store for this sweet, big-headed child?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpAy2IdYugg

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Tears In A Vial posted:

So I'm almost all caught up with The Adventure Zone. I've listened to all the arcs, and I'm going back and picking up the random 'one-shot' eps that I skipped so I didn't lose track. The live shows, the bonus episodes, that sort of thing... (The wrestling one was amazing)

I've just noticed that the most recent Flop House version of TAZ is three-and-a-half hours long and I'm not sure I can handle it. I struggled through the first one where 'Scales' kept singing 'Blue' by Eifel 65 for 90minutes, I honestly don't think I can deal with that for three hours.

Is the episode good at all? Will I miss anything by just hitting 'Mark as read' and pretending it never happened?

No shade or nothing, I get that the Flop House has an audience... it's just not me.

Since you first question has been thoroughly answered, I'll answer the second. (Though I frankly like the second episode a lot better than the first. Elliot sings Blue one last time, then finally drops it.) No, the events of the second Flop house episode will almost certainly have no effect on the events of the main story. Here are a couple of things that may be mentioned:

Since the last episode, Scales has gotten engaged to and married Hathaway Redcheek, who is Noelle's sister. They have a hyphenated last name and a baby on the way. If there is an epilogue, those three will probably be in it.

Over the course of the adventure, they uncovered a plot by Hathaway's uncle (Noelle's father? I don't recall.) to take control of a lot of people's minds using a very powerful magic cooking pot and spoon. They threw the malevolent cookware into a volcano, but not before the spoon tried to tempt Dan's character into using it in a very Grand Relic-type manner. I personally don't think the things were a grand relic (not pwoerful enough) but they were certainly the sort of artifacts that the Bureau of Balance would look into.

Nothing else will ever play into the main story.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Tears In A Vial posted:

Well that's pretty conclusive.

Cheers guys. Marked as read and skipped.

Next up, MaxFunCon East live show, then I think I'm up to date.

There are also the donor-only episodes... my favourite episode is one of those ones.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

There are also the donor-only episodes... my favourite episode is one of those ones.

I think I've listened to all the donor TAZ content, although the way the the feed is handled is a little confusing. There was the one that Travis DM'd last year, and I'm totally blanking on the 2015 ones... which were they? They don't have episode descriptions.

I've just got the feed for 2017 from MaxFun in my email, and there's no TAZ content for this year in there (yet?)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tears In A Vial posted:

Nooooooo no no no.
Elliot needs to learn that "steering into the skid" works in comedy sometimes. It can't be your only schtick.

God drat, I hate Elliot.

The other guys are pretty great, though.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Tears In A Vial posted:

I think I've listened to all the donor TAZ content, although the way the the feed is handled is a little confusing. There was the one that Travis DM'd last year, and I'm totally blanking on the 2015 ones... which were they? They don't have episode descriptions.

I've just got the feed for 2017 from MaxFun in my email, and there's no TAZ content for this year in there (yet?)

My favourite one is the prequel episode, with the meat table, and Hambone.

I think the other one was the beach outing.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

thexerox123 posted:

Oh yeah of course, where we learn about Sizzlin' it up with Taako. I forgot about the beach one as well.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

thexerox123 posted:

I'm glad that Hambone lived happily ever after.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

thexerox123 posted:

Well boys, when your step-mother and I are smoochin' . . .

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is Magnus going to forget about Steven?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Is Magnus going to forget about Steven?

Wouldn't he have gotten vaporized with Magnus' body? Or is his bubble as durable as armor?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

Wouldn't he have gotten vaporized with Magnus' body? Or is his bubble as durable as armor?

I seem to remember Travis specifically asking after Steven, and Griffin confirming that he's okay in the last episode. Can and will confirm tomorrow after my weekly re-listening though I'm sure somebody will probably be able to c/d before that happens

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Travs asks about Steven first thing. Steven, the secret eighth grand relic, is fine.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
The real last Grand Relic is the friends we made along the way

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Half of Dracula posted:

The real last Grand Relic is the friends we made along the way

so they have to kill angus got it

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
They would do it without hesitation.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Merle would have the hammer down before they finish asking

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Maxfun bonus eps for still buffering, rose buddies, and mbmbam are up

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

flatluigi posted:

Maxfun bonus eps for still buffering, rose buddies, and mbmbam are up
Did you get the email with this year's info already? I haven't gotten anything yet...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stroop There It Is posted:

Did you get the email with this year's info already? I haven't gotten anything yet...

I got mine a couple days back, check your spam maybe?

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Inzombiac posted:

Nooooooo no no no.
Elliot needs to learn that "steering into the skid" works in comedy sometimes. It can't be your only schtick.

God drat, I hate Elliot.

The other guys are pretty great, though.

Havjng been introduced to the Brothers via the first flophouse crossover, I feel Elliot is absolutely amazing but needs the other two to play off of to be truly funny. I do however understand why he's difficult for you.

There's a reason Elliot was head writer for the Daily Show during some of its best times. He's incredibly clever and quick witted and constantly, constantly spewing jokes. They may have a lower hit rate than other people's, but in the time most people have thought up a joke and told it Elliot has told 5. He needs people to pick up in the good ones and go with him (Stu), then someone to extend the riff (Dan). When it works, it works wonderfully.

I would imagine when he's head of a writer's room (as he was for the daily show and is now for the new MST3K) he has a room full of people to sift through the constant stream and pick out the best of the best. Being exposed to the constant joke making can get grating, but thats definitely part of the shtick on the flophouse (see: letters songs) and I have no problem with it.

Back to the Mackleboys: I think I may now be fully obsessed, if I wasn't before. Listened to their assembled best of MBMBAM clips on youtube last night (probably about 5 hours) while playing a game rather than, you know, watching a very long film or short TV series. Just, so incredibly good. I'd forgotten all about Tit Liquid and Kyle's terrible sons. It really is now to the point where 80% or so of my entertainment is podcast and/or McElroy related. Might need to bump up my MaxFun donation...

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Stumiester posted:

Back to the Mackleboys: I think I may now be fully obsessed, if I wasn't before. Listened to their assembled best of MBMBAM clips on youtube last night (probably about 5 hours) while playing a game rather than, you know, watching a very long film or short TV series. Just, so incredibly good. I'd forgotten all about Tit Liquid and Kyle's terrible sons. It really is now to the point where 80% or so of my entertainment is podcast and/or McElroy related. Might need to bump up my MaxFun donation...

I've gotten two of my friends equally obsessed with them. I think they might actually be wizards at this point, I've never managed to meet someone who straight up doesn't like them. Even people who don't like, become crazy fans still enjoy the videos I link.

I need to get around to donating to Maximum Fun or whatever for those bonus episodes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to start donating during Max Fun drive this year since they have the thing for new donaters. I didn't start listening until just after the drive last year so I've been waiting for the next one.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have too many podcasts to listen to that I can't justify donating to get even more podcasts I need to listen to, maybe in the future

also I got no $$$

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Nuebot posted:

I've gotten two of my friends equally obsessed with them. I think they might actually be wizards at this point, I've never managed to meet someone who straight up doesn't like them. Even people who don't like, become crazy fans still enjoy the videos I link.

I need to get around to donating to Maximum Fun or whatever for those bonus episodes.

Definitely! Not only is there huge volumes of stuff on there (probably like 10 eps of mbmbam and 5 of TAZ? Something like that) but also, I feel that as so much of my entertainment is podcasts, not paying them feels pretty poo poo after a while. I donate $20/month, which is only a bit more than Netflix and I listen to maxfun podcasts a hell of alot more than I watch Netflix.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Nuebot posted:

I've definitely had family members say they found Griffin's voice unbearable

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Stroop There It Is posted:

Yeah mine was two days ago, but hidden in the Promotions folder in gmail.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ImPureAwesome posted:

:eyepop: but he's the best one.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Nuebot posted:

:eyepop: but he's the best one.

I mean I know! But they couldn't get past his voice

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

ImPureAwesome posted:

I mean I know! But they couldn't get past his voice

sever

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

The corporate retreat episode with the other Flophouse guy is a masterpiece.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tears In A Vial posted:

The corporate retreat episode with the other Flophouse guy is a masterpiece.

Honestly he's the best part of it. The THB are kinda dicks there!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

ImPureAwesome posted:

I remember this being the case for me at first, along with an annoyance for the weird pronunciation of seemingly random words for funsies. I've come around, but I could see not everyone liking it.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I just started listening MBMBaM with the sleepy time podcast and holy crap was that amazing. The jump off the building onto a Casper mattress was :discourse:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

man the new mass effect is going to make for a great monster factory episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

IGN already chomped that flavor.