Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Anne Whateley posted:

Has the friend met the boyfriend, because she might wanna do some digging there. For a few years when I was single, I knew an entire circle of friends where the women would brag about how wonderful and healthy their relationships were and how loyal their boyfriends were, and then when they went to go get something, the boyfriends would grab my rear end. Those relationships were trash and it was real hard to fake enthusiasm when the girlfriends were talking about how Tim is The One.

Maybe you could have told them that their boyfriends were creeps so they didn't ruin their lives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Clark Nova posted:

Hahaha he is definitely, definitely misinterpreting everything. The blithering idiot is going to tank his marriage because some poor coworker or acquaintance expressed mild sympathy while he was kvetching. This is how nearly all of the open relationship self-owns get started (for men, at least).

the one in the E/N anonymous confessions thread is my favorite open relationships story:

quote:

I am 33 and I made this has been the worst year of my life.

4 years ago I fell in love with a lovely girl, E, who was 24 at the time. She is perfect - beautiful, smart and witty. Somehow she fell for me too and our relationship was perfect. She gave up everything and moved half way across the country to follow me to my dream job. Everything was amazing.

In April this year a new girl, NG, started at my workplace, and I became infatuated. She was super friendly, and I kept reading signs that she was into me.

I’ve always thought of myself as a pretty nice guy and wouldn’t betray E ever. Months went by and my obsession had grown exponentially. So (and I know some goons are expecting this) I started to look into open relationships. I read books, watched documentary and looked at forums for advice. I knew E had never considered this, and I had never until this point. I had to have NG.

Eventually one drunken night I brought it up, E kept thinking I was joking so I let it die. A few days later I plucked up the courage and told E everything, about NG, about how we could start to see other people whilst still being a couple. Exactly like online guides said I should bring it up.

E didn’t speak to me for a week. She was clearly angry and understandably so. However, to my amazement in July she agreed. I was ecstatic, I had the perfect loving life.

E was working a pretty lovely job, but going to the gym and there were a few guys there she said she wouldn’t mind hooking up with. My heart twisted, but its only fair I thought.

After a few days I asked out NG, and this is where it falls apart. She’s a loving lesbian, a femme or lipstick or whatever. She’s just a friendly person. But she is mortified that I would do this to E. Eventually it spreads through the whole company, and I am an office joke.

Meanwhile E has already hooked up with a few guys. Eventually she starts regularly seeing a guy named M. He’s tall, fit, etc. Better shape than me.

I go out regularly on my own, because other than my work and E I know no-one in this place. I haven’t even gotten a number. Other than a few girls who stopped replying Tinder has only matched me with bots.

E and I have grown apart. She’ll sleep at M’s place. She doesn’t kiss me goodbye anymore, but she is still eerily friendly with me.

E would rarely orgasm through penetration, so I’d often go down on her or use a toy. Several times I’ve walked into our apartment before and heard E and M in bed. M makes her come through just loving, she clearly loves it. She’s giving him everything as well, I think even anal which I never got.

I know a lot of people will think this sounds a lot like SA’s favourite C-word but its not really the same.

I've still not hooked up with anyone. NG and the office hate me. E doesn't sleep with me anymore. Instead last night I sat in the apartment, reading the forums when E came out our bedroom dripping with M’s cum. She just looked at me and said hey as she walked to the bathroom.

I know no one here, all my bridges are burnt. Can I convince her to be exclusive again? A lovely as I may seem I can’t bare the thought of losing her and being alone.

can you believe this bitch? she was just a nice lesbian! can you believe it??? ugh, women, am I right fellas? :rolleyes:

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Dawncloack posted:

"Yeah so, my daughter is some magical being shaped like a small child, let's see about marrying her to your small child and make a big deal out of it, how's that?"

Am I the only one who was creeped out by that movie?

They didn't really get married though?

I love Ponyo. I think it's charming and adorable.

I think that mom should get a big set of Miyazaki movies for her daughter.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Dawncloack posted:

"Yeah so, my daughter is some magical being shaped like a small child, let's see about marrying her to your small child and make a big deal out of it, how's that?"

Am I the only one who was creeped out by that movie?

For the reason you mentioned and because she was a fish with hair. Lily Tomlin's character freaks out because ponyo has a human face, but nothing is said about her hair.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Ouhei posted:

Maybe you could have told them that their boyfriends were creeps so they didn't ruin their lives?
In general I agree, but I met them already coupled, so there was no way they'd believe me over Messrs. Wonderful. It's not like I had older longstanding friendships with them.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

[quote="“Mirthless”" post="“477240177”"]
the one in the E/N anonymous confessions thread is my favorite open relationships story:

can you believe this bitch? she was just a nice lesbian! can you believe it??? ugh, women, am I right fellas? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

And for women, the self-own is usually floating the idea and getting dumped immediately and completely for it. I like the story where OP foisted that on her ~perfect fiancé~ who then packed up and left mid-conversation, blocked her everywhere, and told all their mutual friends, some of whom came around to collect his stuff.

I'm friends with a couple I just found out are going through the one-sided open relationship scenario right now. The guy didn't take the Pete option, and I'm not looking forward to watching his life and self-respect implode in slow motion. :smith:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Bored posted:

For the reason you mentioned and because she was a fish with hair. Lily Tomlin's character freaks out because ponyo has a human face, but nothing is said about her hair.
To be fair, look at Ponyo's parents. That hair is magically genetic.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

mirthless posted:

Like a fine wine, every time

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

Like a fine wine, every time

:kiss:

it gets better every time i read it

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The Die Hard of open relationship stories. Any time it's posted I'll read it.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

TheScott2K posted:

The Die Hard of open relationship stories. Any time it's posted I'll read it.

It's pretty much the best self own in the history of the internet.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Gosh lady, grow a spine.

Babysitting exchange arrangement with my coworker's [26m] wife [22f] isn't working out for me [35f]. How do I politely end it without offending over the reasons why?

quote:

u/peer3peer
My coworker's wife is a stay-at-home mom who offered to pick my two kids (8f, 14m) up from school and watch them until I can pick them up, usually about 2 hours, on occasion 3. In exchange, I take her son with my kids and keep him for a 3-4 hours on two of the weekdays my kids are there and overnight on Fridays. At first, I was pretty pleased with the arrangement but my kids are becoming increasingly unhappy with the situation as she now expects them to do a variety of chores on her behalf every time they come over.

To some extent, I don't mind the occasional request for my eldest to take out the trash or my youngest to make the baby a bottle, etc. I definitely expect them to tidy up after themselves! But I do feel she's overloading them, especially my oldest. Yesterday she texted me as I was leaving work and asked me to pick them up later as my eldest wasn't done weeding her flower beds. I refused, arrived at my normal time, and her irritation at him leaving before finishing really put me off. My children shouldn't have to "earn" their keep, taking her son is supposed to be the exchange of "payment" and this is supposed to be a convenience for me. Why would I wait around at work for MY tired child to be finished doing her free labor? When I asked my kids how often she expects "big" chores like that I learned they're consistently doing a lot of dishes, their laundry, cleaning windows, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and she's had them clean her bathroom and refrigerator. I asked why my son hadn't told me about this and he shrugged it off saying that at first, he didn't mind because she has a baby but now she's stopped asking and just tells him to do more an more.

After a lot of thought, I made other arrangements for my children today and want to make that permanent. I don't think asking my coworker and his wife not to expect my children to do so much for them would realistically lead to a happy conclusion. I think, based on my observation of previous interactions between her and others, it's more likely she'd take the nicest phrasing of "my kids aren't your free labor" very personally, resent me, and there'd be comments and an attitude towards my children going forward at the least. My co-worker continuously expresses his appreciation for the arrangement and wouldn't just accept I changed my mind for no reason. I'm good friends with my coworker but I'm not blind to him and his wife being very sensitive to these things and often working each other up over their perceptions of what they are entitled to. I'd still be willing to watch their son on most Friday nights without payment but now I'd want advanced notice instead of an assumed schedule.

tl;dr: I feel like my coworker's wife is taking advantage of my children and want to diplomatically stop swapping babysitting services without upsetting them.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I can't believe that for the second time in a week we've found someone too 'polite' to say no to indentured servitude

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Her kids are really spinelessly polite too. My siblings and I would have bitched up a storm if we kept getting sent to a labor camp instead of daycare.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

My [26F] boyfriend [30M] lost his temper and got aggressive during a fight. Not sure what to do.

quote:

In hindsight, this whole situations sounds really, really childish, but I'd rather get laughed at here and at least get advice.

So about a year ago I asked my boyfriend of 5 years if we could get a dog. Boyfriend said sure, why not, but he didn't want to deal with the puppy stage because according to him (this would have been my first dog ever), puppies were noisy, clingy, gross, and generally a pain in the rear end to care for. I suggested adopting an older dog from the pound, and he said he would think about it while I did my own research on how to take care of a dog.

A few months ago boyfriend came to me and said yes, we could get an older dog, but it had to be a male, under 30 pounds, black, and I had to train it not to jump on him. I was just happy I was finally going to get a dog, so I agreed to follow his guidelines. He then said that since I would be getting something I wanted, it was only fair that I let him get something he wanted as well. What he wanted turned out to be an extremely realistic and massive BB gun, and I just happened to be terrified of guns (unexplained phobia I've had since I was a little girl).

I gave it thought for some time, but ultimately decided that getting a dog would be worth it, especially since it would only be a toy gun. I asked boyfriend if he would be comfortable keeping his BB gun in a gun case, and he agreed. While I looked around shelters and talked to animal adoption counselors about finding the perfect dog, boyfriend went online and bought a gunsafe and the BB gun he had wanted, along with a lot of BB gun ammo and other BB gun accessories like eye protectors, masks, and combat gear looking clothes. I think he spent close to thousands of dollars on all of that.

Finally last week I found the perfect dog for me, and set up a schedule to bring boyfriend in with me to meet the dog. But when I told him today about the plan, he looked me dead in the eye and said he was sorry, but there was going to be no dog. I really tried to keep my cool, but I was just so disappointed because this is something I've waited my whole life for, and while I was trying to tell him that it was unfair for him to get his BB gun but not let me get my dog I ended up crying a little bit. This got him really angry and out of nowhere he started yelling at me, telling me that I was trying to manipulate him and that I needed to stop faking it before he started to really want to hurt me. This really scared me so I shut up, but I couldn't stop shaking because I kept thinking that he might actually hurt me. When he saw that I was still shaking, he started cursing really loudly, then stormed off to his room. When he came back he was holding his gun case and all his BB gun accessories, and while I stood there watching he opened the door, walked to the trash chute, and slammed his gun case and his BB gun things down the trash chute really angrily. He then came back inside and said "see? now we're even" and went back to his room.

I honestly didn't feel safe sleeping next to him, so later on when he was playing video games I made up an excuse to go see my dad, which he said I could do. Then I had to make another excuse to both my boyfriend and my dad to stay over, because boyfriend doesn't really let me sleep over somewhere else and I didn't want to deal with dad flipping out at least at the moment. I just calmed down enough to post this here, but my heart is still pounding. I really don't know what I did wrong, I guess I shouldn't have been so emotional but it was just really disappointed and sad. Should I call and apologize? I'm afraid that if I talk to him again he's going to get angry all over again.

tl;dr: Boyfriend told me I could get a dog in exchange for him getting a BB gun, but once he got a gun he didn't let me get a dog. I got upset and he started yelling and throwing away his stuff. Not sure what I did wrong and what I can do to make things better.

That... turned really dark really fast. Thankfully everybody in the comments is screaming at her to get the gently caress out of there and tell her father/friends.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

My co-worker continuously expresses his appreciation for the arrangement
Who wouldn't appreciate someone else doing all the housework for them?

e:

LadyPictureShow posted:

My [26F] boyfriend [30M] lost his temper and got aggressive during a fight. Not sure what to do.

That... turned really dark really fast. Thankfully everybody in the comments is screaming at her to get the gently caress out of there and tell her father/friends.
Good news from 23 minutes ago!

I [26F] broke up with my boyfriend [30M] of 5 years. Unsure about everything, and feeling insecure

quote:

I posted last night ish about a fight I had with my boyfriend. I ended up going to my dad's place to spend the night, and shortly after I posted about it here my dad got me to talk about what happened. Long story short, we agreed that I shouldn't be with my boyfriend anymore, because even if the fight never happened the way he was treating me wasn't normal in a relationship (like I've never seen my dad act that way to my mom, so idk why I just thought everything was fine until now).

I'm just really upset and I feel so lost because I have no clue what to do now. This was my first relationship and it lasted so long, part of me thinks I'm just throwing away something I put so much love and time into. But at the same time, according to my dad and the comments I got on my last post I really can't stay in the relationship. I mean, objectively it's obvious that I was in a bad situation, but I just don't feel that way yet. I almost feel guilty for breaking up with him, and it confuses me because my emotions don't line up with what logically makes sense.

I also feel really, really insecure. Not just because I broke up with my boyfriend, but because now that I took a step back it's so obvious that I was the only person he ever treated badly in his life. I feel like I'd be less upset if he just had anger issues and was rude/scary to everyone, but he's always really polite to his bosses and business partners, and he's the "nice one" in our friend groups. Even when my dad called him to tell him I was going to be staying over indefinitely and he was going to go pick up my things in the evening, all he said was "yes sir" and "I'm sorry sir." He almost sounded scared, and my dad is the farthest thing from scary. I just don't know what's wrong with me for him to have treated me so differently from how he treats other people.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I just feel really broken right now.

tl;dr: Broke up with my boyfriend, feeling conflicted and insecure about the way he treated me
And the comments so far are "you're not crazy, abusive assholes are good at seeming normal to outsiders."

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 10, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

To be fair, the main behavior she freaked out on isn't even close to the main red flag. Dude had a temper tantrum and broke all his toys. I honestly expected to read that he came out of his room with just the gun and started waving it around, but if he just took the closed case and all his other poo poo and threw it out, I don't think that's super different than a fat nerd having a poo poo fit and throwing his entire anime figurine collection down the trash chute. "short temper and acting like a child" is one thing, but not a dealbreaker, IMO.

The abrupt about-face on the dog is lovely, too. But the real red flags are poo poo like:

quote:

I made up an excuse to go see my dad, which he said I could do. Then I had to make another excuse to both my boyfriend and my dad to stay over, because boyfriend doesn't really let me sleep over somewhere else

Don't get me wrong, the poo poo fit he threw was immature and lovely, but a short temper can be worked on. The real :chloe: is poo poo like having to make excuses and ask permission to leave the house and stay over at her parents. That's some pretty scuzzy behavior.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Kelp Me! posted:

To be fair, the main behavior she freaked out on isn't even close to the main red flag. Dude had a temper tantrum and broke all his toys. I honestly expected to read that he came out of his room with just the gun and started waving it around, but if he just took the closed case and all his other poo poo and threw it out, I don't think that's super different than a fat nerd having a poo poo fit and throwing his entire anime figurine collection down the trash chute. "short temper and acting like a child" is one thing, but not a dealbreaker, IMO.

The abrupt about-face on the dog is lovely, too. But the real red flags are poo poo like:

Don't get me wrong, the poo poo fit he threw was immature and lovely, but a short temper can be worked on. The real :chloe: is poo poo like having to make excuses and ask permission to leave the house and stay over at her parents. That's some pretty scuzzy behavior.

quote:

This got him really angry and out of nowhere he started yelling at me, telling me that I was trying to manipulate him and that I needed to stop faking it before he started to really want to hurt me

That's a dealbreaker imo, blaming other people for violent outbursts or threats of violence is like textbook abuser

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Me! posted:

To be fair, the main behavior she freaked out on isn't even close to the main red flag. Dude had a temper tantrum and broke all his toys. I honestly expected to read that he came out of his room with just the gun and started waving it around, but if he just took the closed case and all his other poo poo and threw it out, I don't think that's super different than a fat nerd having a poo poo fit and throwing his entire anime figurine collection down the trash chute. "short temper and acting like a child" is one thing, but not a dealbreaker, IMO

someone who is willing to freak out and break their expensive toys is also willing to freak out and break a person eventually. i agree with you the other stuff is bad too but this guy is controlling enough to see the op as "his property"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

LadyPictureShow posted:

he might have said no to the dog because of landlord/rent issues, sometimes you get strict no pets policies or it costs like $600 in deposits

but, uh, holy poo poo what a loving baby, definitely get out. that's crazy.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Draxion posted:

That's a dealbreaker imo, blaming other people for violent outbursts or threats of violence is like textbook abuser

that's true I was gonna mention that too

boner confessor posted:

someone who is willing to freak out and break their expensive toys is also willing to freak out and break a person eventually. i agree with you the other stuff is bad too but this guy is controlling enough to see the op as "his property"

eh, I mean literally dumping a couple grand's worth of stuff is bad, but breaking stuff in a tantrum is more of an immaturity thing than an abusive thing. I'd never smash one of my guitars but I've definitely done dumb poo poo like spiking a controller or whatever because I've got a short temper and apparently poor impulse control. For sure it's a different story with a dude who apparently doesn't allow the OP to leave the house without permission, though!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I [25F] sent my bf [25M] a goodbye message and blocked him after he added his ex back on facebook. People are telling me I'm being cruel and unfair.

quote:

Hi Reddit. It would be nice if I could get some advice and see if my actions were justified.

My bf and I were in a long distance relationship. A few months ago, he started ignoring me and became distant, and his reason was because he was busy. I later found out that he's been talking to one of his ex and when I confronted him about this, he denied it and made me feel guilty. He then refused to talk to me and blocked me, without giving me any closure whatsoever.

After a few months of no contact, he added me again and even though I was still hurt by his actions, I eventually got back together with him on a condition that we wouldn't talk to any of our exes but now we're back right from the beginning. He's added her back on facebook and I feel so betrayed after he promised me that he would cut her off. At first I was okay with him talking with his exes but after he ignored me for them, that's when I became uncomfortable with him talking to them so we drew the line that we wouldn't add or talk to any of our exes.

Anyways, after I found out, I ended up typing a farewell message and just blocked him everywhere. I wanted to discuss it with him first but I feel like he's just going to lie to me again and I'd end up just taking him back again. Right now I'm just so hurt and I'm also scared that he might just ghost me again and I feel like that'd hurt me even more so I had to take the first step.

Anyways, my friends told me that I'm being unjust and cruel. Am I? Should I talk to him and talk it over or should I just continue to block him?

TLDR: Few months ago, BF ignored me before to talk to his exes. Confronted him about it and ended up ghosting me. He came back to me after a few months and promised he wouldn't talk to them or add them again but he just recently added them again and after I found out, I sent him a goodbye message with an explanation and blocked him. My friends are telling me I'm being unjust and cruel. Am I? Should I talk to him first or continue to block him?

Edit: I've read the replies. Thank you everyone for the support. Now I don't feel as bad as I should. And to those who assumed that we met online and it was a fake relationship, we actually didn't meet online. We lived in the same city before but I had to move temporarily to finish my masters. We were planning on completely closing the distance by next year since I'd be done by then but I guess I wouldn't need to worry about that anymore.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
He purposely put the BB gun in the case before dumping it down the waste chute, pretty sure he was planning to fish it out later.

It's like that scene from the alcoholism episode of Strangers with Candy. When the mom gets called out on her alcoholism she compromises by pouring orange juice down the sink and saying she'll get rid of all of her mixers.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

It sounds super fake. Starting with someone who likes that anime having a functional marriage and child.

I have been sending this to my married lady coolest buddy cause I like to give her poo poo for watching anime and this is so much more ammo for me.

She's not a pedo anime watcher though, she's more Castlevania on netflix was good anime watcher. Much as all anime is trash some of it is plain garbage while this poo poo this woman's husband is watching with their kid is loving nuclear waste.

tl;dr :murder:

PS She immediately went "WTF? why is that (letting your 12 yo dress sexy) even a discussion??" followed by "yep creeper husband" lol. All she needed was a 3 line summery.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kelp Me! posted:

eh, I mean literally dumping a couple grand's worth of stuff is bad, but breaking stuff in a tantrum is more of an immaturity thing than an abusive thing. I'd never smash one of my guitars but I've definitely done dumb poo poo like spiking a controller or whatever because I've got a short temper and apparently poor impulse control. For sure it's a different story with a dude who apparently doesn't allow the OP to leave the house without permission, though!

In the general case, sure, but the whole thing is basically textbook abuse pattern. He wasn't throwing the gun out because he was frustrated, he was throwing it out to punish her.

-You want something? OK, you can have a limited version of your thing, with restrictions
-Also, I get to have my own thing in return, which is specifically a phobia trigger for you
-Also, even though I already got my thing and you did all the footwork to satisfy my demands, you don't get your thing and never will
-If you object to me going back on our deal to get everything I want without giving you anything, it's your fault and you deserve to feel bad

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
someone throwing a BB gun in the trash in a fit of rage is about the funniest mental image this thread has ever given me.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

I [25F] sent my bf [25M] a goodbye message and blocked him after he added his ex back on facebook. People are telling me I'm being cruel and unfair.

1. Break up before you go to college you idiot, neither of you should be on the hook for six years
2. Why is anybody in that thread taking her side in this?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
from the description it wasn't a bb gun like a child's daisy red ryder or something but more like some tactical nerd airsoft gun which can run hundreds of dollars + hundreds more if he gets all the stupid clothes and belts and accessories lol

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

boner confessor posted:

from the description it wasn't a bb gun like a child's daisy red ryder or something but more like some tactical nerd airsoft gun which can run hundreds of dollars + hundreds more if he gets all the stupid clothes and belts and accessories lol

i like that he apparently bought a gun safe for his gun that shoots plastic pellets

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mirthless posted:

i like that he apparently bought a gun safe for his gun that shoots plastic pellets

not a terrible idea on a practical level, these guns are designed to look exactly like the real thing

also it's necessary to maintain the fantasy of being a totally cool special forces operator

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

LadyPictureShow posted:

quote:

and I just happened to be terrified of guns (unexplained phobia I've had since I was a little girl).

hmmmm nope there's no explanation for somebody who grew up with columbine and every other mass shooting every few days for the last twenty years being afraid of murder tools
:thunk: i wonder what it could be hmmmmm :thunk:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

boner confessor posted:

I'm not really up on airsofts or whatever kind of 'realistic looking BB Gun' she's referring to, but those can do some damage or at least ding you up pretty good if you're hit point-blank/close quarters with a pellet from it, yeah?

Even if it would only hurt as much as, say, a paintball gun hit, I can understand someone with a phobia of guns wanting her clearly abusive BF to lock it up, even if only for peace of mind. I'd imagine if she stuck around/got the dog it would only be a matter of time before he starts waving it around and taking potshots at her or the dog with BB pellets for minor misdeeds.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

Don't understand divorce situations where the exes are genuinely friends

quote:

When I see a couple of people that used to be married and are now close friends I find it a little bit offensive. I'm not talking about people that are civil or amicable for the kids, but people who genuinely are friendly and hang out 1:1.

I don't mean to be judgmental, but truthfully I am, so I'd like to understand what's going on here because it doesn't make sense to me. I feel like if they could get along together they shouldn't have gotten divorced and they were just lazy for not choosing to work through whatever issues they could have resolved if they were were dedicated to the marriage. I think I find it offensive because it seems like this is the kind of mentality where marriage is really only lasting as long as it's happy and fun and it's over when you hit bumps in the road.

Tldr: don't want to be judgmental, but I don't understand people who are truly friends (not just amicable) with their ex husbands/wives. What's going on in that situation?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

chemtrail huffer posted:

I mean they sort of have a point in that people are p prone to nuking relationships rather than trying to soldier on but on a case by case basis it's not like the OP has intimate knowledge of why they broke up. Lot of reasons to end a relationship that don't necessarily boil down to hating each other as a person.

Kinda wonder what the OP wants people to tell them or why they personally take it as an insult. Are they in a loveless relationship because "till death do is part" or what.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Do I [22 F] have the right to be angry with my boyfriends [28 M] parents?

quote:

We've been dating for almost 2 years now, and long story short his parents still keep in touch with and were liking all of his ex's posts on social media and commenting things like "Oh wow", "You look gorgeous" etc...

My boyfriend talked to them and told them this makes ME uncomfortable (even though it should make him angry too) and they apologized and said they cut it out. Now, I just sign on and see [his dad] liked another one of her (recent) photos of her in a bikini. I cant see her whole profile so I'm sure theres a lot more likes since that.

This is making me feel pretty pissed/ insecure and I'm angry and unsure if I should say anything else... Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance!

TL;DR My boyfriends parents still like his ex's selfies and posts on social media even after he told them not to. What do I do?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Even setting aside that the parents obviously liked the ex more it's kinda weird that the dad's liking her bikini pics. "Hey girl that used to bang my son, lookin fine".

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

i wish my boyfriend's dad was jacking off to my bikini pics instead ;_;

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mirthless posted:

It doesn't apply to that dude because he's a shitstain. But a normal person who really really wanted an airsoft gun but had a girlfriend terrified of guns might conceivably buy a gun safe as an extra form of reassurance for her?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

chemtrail huffer posted:

:laffo:

i wish we had the context for this, sometimes posters post exactly enough to get your imagination running but not enough to reach any kind of satisfying conclusion

jealous their partner is still friends with their ex maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

chemtrail huffer posted:

The comments on this one are actually p solid because a bunch of people have come out of the woodworks to say how normal it is to be besties with their ex as if that wouldn't get in the way of ever having a romantic relationship with someone else.

The OP is dumb for other reasons but that doesn't mean it's not sorta weird to still be intertwined to that extent with an ex, friends sure but several phonecalls a week/spending holidays together is a bit past that.